PDA

View Full Version : Today is going to be an interesting day...

jwells
01-02-2020, 08:51 AM
The backlash from the bowl perfrormance and overall direction of the program is working. We?ll see if the administration will do what needs to be done. It looks like they are going to pull the trigger. If we get this done, big credit to Cohen for making the call.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Would be a turning point in MSU history.

Would be the most successful coach we've ever fired while also being the first time true expectations would've been set and the stake holders of MSU football stood up for their program.

Would be a history and program defining day. In a good way.

timotheus
01-02-2020, 08:57 AM
So Spencer and Haley talked to Keenum?

Spiderman
01-02-2020, 08:58 AM
The backlash from the bowl perfrormance and overall direction of the program is working. We?ll see if the administration will do what needs to be done. It looks like they are going to pull the trigger. If we get this done, big credit to Cohen for making the call.

I have a feeling today is gonna be nothing more than a miserable rainy day in Mississippi. I've lost hope, just like during the Croom years.

BogeyGolfer
01-02-2020, 09:02 AM

I think it's 50/50 at this point...

State82
01-02-2020, 09:02 AM
I have a feeling today is gonna be nothing more than a miserable rainy day in Mississippi. I've lost hope, just like during the Croom years.

I will second that emotion.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 09:03 AM
Vote in the Bo Bounds poll. Send a message

Spiderman
01-02-2020, 09:05 AM
Vote in the Bo Bounds poll. Send a message

the only message to send that counts is a non message. As in a non check sent to the BC this year.

KentuckyDawg13
01-02-2020, 09:08 AM
Do you REALLY think MSU admin reads such drivel?

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 09:08 AM
Bo thinks the odds of pulling the trigger are good. The apathy of the fan base is fever pitch. He even talked about local businesses taking big hits and season ticket sales plunging by keeping Joe.

He said Joe's a good guy that's in way over his head in the SEC.

Dawgbite
01-02-2020, 09:09 AM
the only message to send that counts is a non message. As in a non check sent to the BC this year.

The only problem with this is that pledges don't have to be made until end of March or something like that. I have the letter around here somewhere.

Churchill
01-02-2020, 09:14 AM

Hell yes. If they didn't believe this type platform was was watched/listened to why would they use Rosebowl as their mouthpiece ?

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 09:26 AM

Well... it can't hurt to vote.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 09:27 AM

Yes. If they're ignoring a poll of 1,000 plus MSU fans voting on a topic then they aren't doing they're job.

They can't ignore everything.

HailStateSZN19
01-02-2020, 09:29 AM
Yes. If they're ignoring a poll of 1,000 plus MSU fans voting on a topic then they aren't doing they're job.

Well we're halfway there. 517 votes and it's 77% yes fire him at this point.

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 09:32 AM
If this poll actually mattered I would make a twitter account

quickstrike2
01-02-2020, 09:40 AM
As much as I would like for it to happen, it just seems unlikely after the administration gave him the full vote of confidence apparently after the egg bowl and then extended him.

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 09:42 AM
As much as I would like for it to happen, it just seems unlikely after the administration gave him the full vote of confidence apparently after the egg bowl and then extended him.

Where is this official announcement?

KB21
01-02-2020, 09:42 AM

The extension has reportedly not been done yet.

Cooterpoot
01-02-2020, 09:43 AM

He 17'd up the hire and then 17'd up the firing already. He gets little credit. But nothing will happen today.

MarketingBully
01-02-2020, 09:43 AM

The extension lowered his buy out.

Cooterpoot
01-02-2020, 09:44 AM

You realize it's not just State fans voting right?

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 09:45 AM
The extension has reportedly not been done yet.

Thank you.... People buying in on these rumors and spreading them more need to try and be a little more logical.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 09:45 AM
You realize it's not just State fans voting right?

So you think Ole Miss fans would vote for us to fire an awful coach?

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 09:47 AM

You type that because you think it's dumb, but to think rallying people to vote on some random, useless poll on twitter is gonna make an impact is on the same level.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 10:15 AM
You type that because you think it's dumb, but to think rallying people to vote on some random, useless poll on twitter is gonna make an impact is on the same level.

I wouldn't call a poll with over 1,000 votes useless and random.

R2Dawg
01-02-2020, 10:17 AM

Uh, no they would be the ones voting for us to keep him. Which probably explains most of the 25% vote.

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 10:20 AM

Ok... I would and I did and it is.

Honestly, if our administration is using that to sway a decision, we have bigger problems than any of us even realize. Even if it's just being used for fun and hoping they see it. If that particular poll factors in we are doomed.

He will be coaching next year either way. So yes, it is useless. But keep on leading the charge or whatever you think you are accomplishing.

Dawgface
01-02-2020, 10:21 AM
Uh, no they would be the ones voting for us to keep him. Which probably explains most of the 25% vote.

Exactly. They want us to keep him.

Rex54
01-02-2020, 10:21 AM

Did you pay attention to the 2016 election?

Jack Lambert
01-02-2020, 10:24 AM

Can you vote as many times as you want?

Tbonewannabe
01-02-2020, 10:28 AM
Can you vote as many times as you want?

No, just once per Twitter handle.

HailStateSZN19
01-02-2020, 10:30 AM
Well to add to a thread titled "Today is going to be an interesting day", Ross Dellenger just tweeted this:

Billy Napier is getting a two-year contract extension that takes his deal with the Cajuns through 2025, source says. Will be announced soon.

Napier fielded interest from P5 jobs this offseason after taking UL to the Sun Belt title game.

lefty96
01-02-2020, 10:32 AM
Well to add to a thread titled "Today is going to be an interesting day", Ross Dellenger just tweeted this:

Billy Napier is getting a two-year contract extension that takes his deal with the Cajuns through 2025, source says. Will be announced soon.

Napier fielded interest from P5 jobs this offseason after taking UL to the Sun Belt title game.

hail state. . .

LC Dawg
01-02-2020, 10:32 AM

He must not have known about Bo's Twitter poll.

Dawgology
01-02-2020, 10:33 AM

Except that none of that happened. so.....

DownwardDawg
01-02-2020, 10:35 AM
Except that none of that happened. so.....

Agreed. I've searched the world over since Thanksgiving for this "official vote of confidence". Silence from the university.

Dawgology
01-02-2020, 10:35 AM

Sounds like a savvy move to get more money from interested parties. Common practice.

Tbonewannabe
01-02-2020, 10:36 AM

So I wonder if this is ULL trying to scare off anyone or if Napier is just doubling down on staying at ULL another year. At this point, Napier is my first choice but I would still take Hud or Rich Rod over Moorhead. I know we can get either of those guys.

Really Clark?
01-02-2020, 10:36 AM

They had already announced a 1 year extension in Oct because of his success and other schools had already had him as a target. If this 2 year deal is not signed immediately, then buyouts will be based on the active contract. This also is a good PR move for ULL, who obviously love the job he is doing and letting their fan base know they will do whatever they can to keep him. But it’s not that big of stepping stone to overcome, if we decide to pull the trigger and target him.

dawgday166
01-02-2020, 11:12 AM

Naww man ... those the 23%ers.

Cooterpoot
01-02-2020, 11:41 AM

They want as much turmoil as possible. Absolutely they would. Cohen put himself in a situation where he no longer has leverage. IF he hires a new coach, he's going to have to promise the world.

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 11:44 AM

There has been an ultimatum issued. Turn it all over or be gone. Moorhead is too arrogant and his family is ready to go back to State college yesterday. I just hope we dont get rid of the whole staff and keep the HC bc that aint fixing our problems. Moorhead has never had the respect of the kids and you will never get it back once you lost it. Hell you have to have it first to even lose it. For those of you who are doubting this and dismissing all this as a rumor, do it at your own risk bc there is smoke to this fire

We had players laughing in his face cussing him out and demanding the ball on the sidelines or they are going to transfer in Nashville. It aint going to work.

Churchill
01-02-2020, 11:51 AM
There has been an ultimatum issued. Turn it all over or be gone. Moorhead is too arrogant and his family is ready to go back to State college yesterday. I just hope we dont get rid of the whole staff and keep the HC bc that aint fixing our problems. Moorhead has never had the respect of the kids and you will never get it back once you lost it. Hell you have to have it first to even lose it. For those of you who are doubting this and dismissing all this as a rumor, do it at your own risk bc there is smoke to this fire

We had players laughing in his face cussing him out and demanding the ball on the sidelines or they are going to transfer in Nashville. It aint going to work.

I just wonder who in the world (worth a crap) would come to work for Croomhead under these conditions ?

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 11:52 AM
I just wonder who in the world (worth a crap) would come to work for Croomhead under these conditions ?

They aint. It will be a retread desperate former HC. Very similar to what OM just did. It wont bring anyone back into the stands and its not changing a shit culture with no accountability

jwells
01-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Steve Robertson just stated the money is available for the buyout.

Spiderman
01-02-2020, 11:56 AM

Exactly. Upgrades will be almost impossible.

Meanwhile, Kiffin hiring whoever he wants

RiverCityDawg
01-02-2020, 11:56 AM
We had players laughing in his face cussing him out and demanding the ball on the sidelines or they are going to transfer in Nashville.

C'mon now, I don't know if I buy that. Like a lot of folks I was sitting pretty close to the sidelines and I didn't see anyone talking to Joe. He just stares at his play sheet trying to figure out what the hell he's doing.

I will say that John was on the sidelines pretty much the whole game, so if that happened I would think he saw it.

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 11:59 AM

Call us crazy for not buying in this time. But please prove me wrong.

BuckyIsAB****
C'mon now, I don't know if I buy that. Like a lot of folks I was sitting pretty close to the sidelines and I didn't see anyone talking to Joe. He just stares at his play sheet trying to figure out what the hell he's doing.

I will say that John was on the sidelines pretty much the whole game, so if that happened I would think he saw it.

It happened. It has happened. Just like the 6AM meetings with Moorhead to handle discipline. Its a joke. Believe what you want it doesnt matter to me. Im just here posting what I know

Really Clark?

Just like it was before the end of the season. It’s been available, the question has been if the admin would choose to use it

Really Clark?
01-02-2020, 12:00 PM

Just like it was before the end of the season. It?s been available, the question has been if the admin would choose to use it

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Call us crazy for not buying in this time. But please prove me wrong.

Like I said, I can understand not buying into this but this is real. There will be sweeping changes, I just hope we have the guts to make the biggest change we need. It is only a matter of time if we dont.

We will lose more in 2020 on the field and off it if we keep him. I like him, great guy but he is too nice. This is over

parabrave
01-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Thank you.... People buying in on these rumors and spreading them more need to try and be a little more logical.

If you need a prime example of this check ED om 25-27b November or Dallas Cowboy Twitter Dec 30th

RocketDawg
01-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Bo thinks the odds of pulling the trigger are good. The apathy of the fan base is fever pitch. He even talked about local businesses taking big hits and season ticket sales plunging by keeping Joe.

He said Joe's a good guy that's in way over his head in the SEC.

It's not just the SEC. We lost to Louisville (weak ACC) and Kansas State.

Cowbell
01-02-2020, 12:07 PM
Like I said, I can understand not buying into this but this is real. There will be sweeping changes, I just hope we have the guts to make the biggest change we need. It is only a matter of time if we dont.

We will lose more in 2020 on the field and off it if we keep him. I like him, great guy but he is too nice. This is over

Bucky - what is Will Rodgers take if we fire JM. I read where he is the reason he chose state. I realize he is already enrolled.

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 12:07 PM
If you need a prime example of this check ED om 25-27b November or Dallas Cowboy Twitter Dec 30th

Do what?

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Bucky - what is Will Rodgers take if we fire JM. I read where he is the reason he chose state. I realize he is already enrolled.

Dont know. It will be tough on him to leave now whether he wants to or not. I personally think he will stay no matter what unless we start running the veer. He's a great kid and a winner. A good coach can adapt to what he can do.

RocketDawg
01-02-2020, 12:13 PM

An internet poll is basically useless because in some cases people vote more than once (that can be controlled to an extent) and it's not just BDC members or even MSU fans who are voting.

A controlled vote, sent by the BDC or ticket office, to all BDC members and season ticket holders would work, but they're not going to do that.

dawgday166
01-02-2020, 12:15 PM

Don't like him. He's Hugh Freeze without the offense and religion.

Cowbell
01-02-2020, 12:16 PM
Dont know. It will be tough on him to leave now whether he wants to or not. I personally think he will stay no matter what unless we start running the veer. He's a great kid and a winner. A good coach can adapt to what he can do.

Good. I honestly think that kid will be our next Dak type leader - i think he takes the an job from shrader at some point

Coursesuper
01-02-2020, 12:16 PM

With the demands thrown at Jovester do you think that the admin is trying to force a resignation?

Spiderman
01-02-2020, 12:19 PM
Good. I honestly think that kid will be our next Dak - i think he takes the an job from shrader at some point

OOOOOO-KAY

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 12:22 PM
OOOOOO-KAY

Hes not as big or as strong but he is a better passer and the intangibles are there for him. Rogers is a winner and plays no shit. Time will tell if he is Dak level and that is obviously incredibly high to live up to but I wouldnt put it past the kid

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 12:24 PM
With the demands thrown at Jovester do you think that the admin is trying to force a resignation?

Yes. Resignation, firing, doesnt make a damn to me. It shouldnt make a damn to Cohen. This has got to be fixed. Moorhead will have to do what he should have done from day 1 or be gone

Coach34
01-02-2020, 12:25 PM
The hire we need to make is one that uses Shrader, KT, and Mayden in a power spread offense. A dropback passer will be a huge flop

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 12:26 PM

Yes. Resignation, firing, doesnt make a damn to me. It shouldnt make a damn to Cohen. This has got to be fixed. Moorhead will have to do what he should have done from day 1 or be gone

It makes me wonder if the administration is putting more on his shoulders to make him see he's in over his head and realize he needs to quit.

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 12:27 PM
The hire we need to make is one that uses Shrader, KT, and Mayden in a power spread offense. A dropback passer will be a huge flop

Rogers is a better passer than all 3 of them and he can run it enough. Im not saying hire based on one kid, that is stupid whether its Rogers or Marks. A good coach will do what his kids can do regardless.

Shrader aint what some of yall think he is. Hate to tell yall. Mayden cant throw a lick. KT def got screwed

parabrave
01-02-2020, 12:30 PM
Do what?

Examples of rumors taking on a life of their own. Pre eggbowl and Jason Garrett being fired

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 12:31 PM
It makes me wonder if the administration is putting more on his shoulders to make him see he's in over his head and realize he needs to quit.

It would be very unlike him to change what he is doing now. He really believes his offense is Gods gift to the world and that he is doing all he can. Like I said, he has an accountability problem. And you can see it taking hold in our players

Coursesuper
01-02-2020, 12:32 PM

I feel like they are playing a fairly stupid game, trying to make it taste so bad he spits it out.

ATTILLA THE DOG
01-02-2020, 12:39 PM

100% correct,it is our only chance to be competitive . We have got to have a qb that is a running threat.

Jack Lambert
01-02-2020, 12:44 PM

So we have three four star QB's?

Coach34
01-02-2020, 12:54 PM
So we have three four star QB's?

Yep

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 12:57 PM
Examples of rumors taking on a life of their own. Pre eggbowl and Jason Garrett being fired

Ah so you agree with what I originally said. Thought you were saying otherwise. You would think people would've learned from the pre-Egg Bowl stuff.

Cowbell
01-02-2020, 12:57 PM
Hes not as big or as strong but he is a better passer and the intangibles are there for him. Rogers is a winner and plays no shit. Time will tell if he is Dak level and that is obviously incredibly high to live up to but I wouldnt put it past the kid

I need to clarify - as in leader - not the next cowboys QB

StarkVegasSteve
01-02-2020, 01:07 PM
Rogers is a better passer than all 3 of them and he can run it enough. Im not saying hire based on one kid, that is stupid whether its Rogers or Marks. A good coach will do what his kids can do regardless.

Shrader aint what some of yall think he is. Hate to tell yall. Mayden cant throw a lick. KT def got screwed

Like C34 said, a power spread benefits all the QBs no matter who you go with. Mayden you could use like Fitz, KT and Shrader could be used like junior year Dak, and Rogers would be used similar to senior year Dak.

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 01:10 PM
Like C34 said, a power spread benefits all the QBs no matter who you go with. Mayden you could use like Fitz, KT and Shrader could be used like junior year Dak, and Rogers would be used similar to senior year Dak.

The biggest problem we have is the ones running the show and catching it not throwing it. Shrader is a gamer and is tough. Hes not everyones cup of tea but he is a competitor. KT got raked over the coals bc of Moorhead, Mayden just isnt that good and Rogers has some Minshew in him. A stronger arm than Minshew at that. We are going to be ok at QB. We have bigger problems to fix

JohnHenryBonham
01-02-2020, 02:26 PM

Not giving Cohen any credit because he needs to go. He is the problem to start with... He was the brainchild that hired Moorhead.

JohnHenryBonham
01-02-2020, 02:31 PM

A power spread will get you 5-7 wins a year if you have a good defense. Otherwise 3-9. Mullen is a top 10 coach...Napier and Hud aren't Mullen either.

Spiderman
01-02-2020, 02:32 PM
A power spread will get you 5-7 wins a year if you have a good defense. Otherwise 3-9. Mullen is a top 10 coach...Napier and Hud aren't Mullen either.

mmmmmm kayyyyyyy

DLGDawg
01-02-2020, 02:37 PM

All of these QB's can throw it better than "Ralph". Right???

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 02:39 PM

WTF?!

defiantdog
01-02-2020, 02:42 PM
My God it's hard to work today..... By the way, Napier probably feels shafted. Basically had an offer in November just to have it pulled then called again a month later. I wouldn't blame him for passing on us.

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 02:45 PM
My God it's hard to work today..... By the way, Napier probably feels shafted. Basically had an offer in November just to have it pulled then called again a month later. I wouldn't blame him for passing on us.

If we did that to him it's shitty. I wouldn't blame him either.

DogsofAnarchy
01-02-2020, 02:48 PM

Absolutely idiotic. Moronic. Stupid. Misinformed.

Doggie_Style
01-02-2020, 02:50 PM

Why would he feel shafted? His stock has gone up in the short term......we'll have to pay more. Everybody wins!

Really Clark?
01-02-2020, 02:51 PM

I would feel real shafted, right until they met the higher demand for my services. He is in a better negotiating position right now, if he is who we want to target.