PDA

View Full Version : Good article but shows

TheLostDawg
01-02-2020, 06:56 AM
All the flaws we have had this decade. We go from having a coach and staff that could develop and find great players but quite possibly underachieved to a coach who had all the players he could dream of that he didn't develop and underachieved. It's sad to see that Mullen finally left and seems to have learned from good many mistakes. Going through the article it shows just how bad Mullen hurt us job shopping every year. Who knows the players we could have picked up. Who knows what we could have done had we held on to players after that '14 run instead a larger group going pro and some not even making it. Then you look at Joe. How did we not make a run in '18 with those players- be leadership. The'14 was full of it which resulted in determination and focus.
This list reminds me a lot of our '13 cws team. We should have accomplished a lot more. It's sad to see we not only didn't capitalize but have regressed in football. Hopefully before we get a new football coach we look at this list and figure out what we did right and were missing. If Moorhead stays another year, hopefully we look back at the last two seasons and figure out the coaches needed to not only replicate the positive on this list but find guys who can possibly fix what's been broken the past decade. No it won't be easy but that's their job and maybe the make some missed but hopefully they learn so we get on the right track down the line.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/LongFormArticle/Top-25-Mississippi-State-football-players-of-the-decade--141460203/

Duckdog
01-02-2020, 08:22 AM
17 mulldick and sloppy joe

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 09:26 AM
17 mulldick and sloppy joe

Good one...***

MarketingBully
01-02-2020, 09:34 AM
I think the biggest whiff was AJ Brown. The kid was from Starkville and probably one of the best wideouts to come out of Mississippi in a decade and he was in Starkville. You absolutely have to land that one. Imagine if Fitz had Brown to throw to in 2016-2018? Our offense would have been much much different.

R2Dawg
01-02-2020, 11:05 AM
See that list from the past decade, don't give me poor ole MSU can't get talent. Talent has been here and with the right coach we can achieve more. Much of that was backup talent for other talent though young but every team has that including Bama.