PDA

View Full Version : Changing gears from the Sloppy Joe Show... Basketball starts out with a tough game.

RougeDawg
01-01-2020, 07:25 PM
We will find out what type of team we really have this Saturday. If they cannot get up for this game, it may be a long year.

Auburn will be a challenge. If we can compete with them, I will be happy. Nick is still getting back into game shape, physically and mentally. If we put up a good showing, it will ease my anxiety about the remainder of the conference slate. Glad we got them at home since we are opening up with them.

msstate7
01-01-2020, 07:35 PM
Really big game for us. I think we play well, but not sure if it's enough

confucius say
01-01-2020, 07:36 PM
With our early losses and horrible NET and lack of in conference chances to boost our resume, sat is huge.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 07:37 PM
Kinda apprehensive somewhat. Hoping we come out like we're not sleep walking some in this one. Hope Howland doesn't let me down here. I can take a good loss if we defending, rebounding, and shot selection is pretty good.

StarkVegasSteve
01-01-2020, 07:49 PM
We tend to raise our game for big games, I think the crowd will be jacked and ready. Hell, we need something positive right now. Also interesting thing to watch, if Moorhead is still here, will Cohen be booed by some fans.

MCsMGs
01-01-2020, 08:14 PM
This game could possibly define our season...There is no one in the program that doesn't recognize the opportunity that we have Saturday or the importance of this game.

I hope we have an energetic crowd, as home court can and should be a huge advantage.

I'm bringing my A-game Saturday!!!

R2Dawg
01-01-2020, 10:02 PM
It is a big, big game. I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 10:25 PM
Huge game. AUs up tempo style should bring out our best.

RocketDawg
01-01-2020, 10:32 PM
We tend to raise our game for big games, I think the crowd will be jacked and ready. Hell, we need something positive right now. Also interesting thing to watch, if Moorhead is still here, will Cohen be booed by some fans.

Will the students be back from Christmas break?

JoseBrown
01-01-2020, 10:36 PM
I'm hoping we don't have any 10 minute naps Saturday. If not, we could make it interesting, but that's gonna be tough. I'm like y'all if we play with effort for 40 minutes I'll be happy. We're gonna really have to value the ball, move it around and like it's been said take good shots. If the effort is there we should rebound decent and play good defense.

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 10:52 PM
Basketball has already started with tough games. La Tech & NMSU

klong-dog
01-02-2020, 12:04 AM
Will the students be back from Christmas break?
This was my concern as well. I doubt they'll be back to help create a great atmosphere.

JNC23
01-02-2020, 12:18 AM
This was my concern as well. I doubt they'll be back to help create a great atmosphere.

Classes start Monday the 6th. So some will be trickling into town but only your die hard MBK fans will be at the game. Hoping we pack it out and the students arrange to be there.