PDA

View Full Version : I think we may be making a change...

Pages : [1] 2

Coach34
01-01-2020, 06:57 PM
I'm not guaranteeing anything- but I'm really getting the vibe a change may be happening. Between Rosey's criticism and a rumor I got passed- I think we may do what needs to be done.

msstate7
01-01-2020, 06:58 PM
A change from barely making a bowl to not even coming close

Dawgface
This would start the new year off with high hopes and optimism. Hope so..........

Rex54
I think Keenum realizes the nuclear fallout of NOT making a change. 20K+ fans moving to their couches permanently.

basedog
01-01-2020, 07:00 PM
Things got rolling after that pitiful non preparation game.

At least what I’ve been told.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 07:00 PM
A change from barely making a bowl to not even coming close

Gave you some rep +1. That's my bet too.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2020, 07:02 PM
https://robertmgoldstein.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/get-him-the-hell-out-of-here.gif

msstate7
01-01-2020, 07:02 PM

If our powers that be didn't see it before then, they're as bad as joe

Coach34
01-01-2020, 07:03 PM

Keenum wasnt happy about the fight BS making the school look bad also

hp22
01-01-2020, 07:04 PM
The vibe feels like it's the week before the 50-0 Egg Bowl loss prior to Croom being fired. I've not seen the fanbase like this since that time.

The pressure is on. You know leadership feels it

Churchill
01-01-2020, 07:05 PM
Damn , I just got this rock kickin thing down pretty good.

R2Dawg
01-01-2020, 07:06 PM
My faith in MSU will be restored if we follow through. Keenum I know can't be happy after the past week of events - fight, suspensions, embarrassing display in bowl game. If there is any backing at all from cigar boys, Joe is gone.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 07:09 PM
Damn , I just got this rock kickin thing down pretty good.

I wouldn't stop yet.

Coursesuper
01-01-2020, 07:10 PM

At least what I?ve been told.

That's what I've heard also.

RiverCityDawg
01-01-2020, 07:11 PM
Man, I'm not sure I can handle getting my hopes up for a change only to be let down again. Well, here goes nothing... Please let this happen!

TrapGame
01-01-2020, 07:12 PM
After the fight and the bowl game debacle this administration would be signing a death warrant on this football program with Moorhead staying.

SteelCurtain74
01-01-2020, 07:14 PM
If Moorhead is let go, it's funny and sad that both SEC schools in Mississippi made coaching changes due to player conduct and the fallout from it than the actual fact that both coaches showed they weren't up to the task of coaching an SEC program

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 07:14 PM
https://robertmgoldstein.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/get-him-the-hell-out-of-here.gif

https://media1.tenor.com/images/37828a9fa0ed6027f18dedfd11c7a878/tenor.gif?itemid=13740689

Commercecomet24
01-01-2020, 07:15 PM
I do know keenum was not happy about the fight bs and all the suspensions making us look bad and coupled with how bad we looked in the bowl game it may be enough. Let's hope common sense prevails and we do something before it becomes completely unsalvageable

basedog
01-01-2020, 07:16 PM
If what I heard about a certain family member is true, things may have had a change of heart, family matters. So....

dantheman4248
01-01-2020, 07:17 PM
Hearing murmur too. But it's with the caveat "fool me once, shame on you" so I don't think anyone believes it until it happens.

the_real_MSU_is_us
I'm not getting my hopes up. If Cohen was making calls to rally the booster $ last night and today some anti Joe booster would have leaked it by now. If boosters were trying to make s push against a Joe friendly Cohen then those boosters would have leaked it here to rally the fans for extra pressure. If Keenum has been the problem all along and now hes changing his tune... now that's kinda fits what weve seen: silence from the athletic department as Cohen tried to win over Keenum, and Cohen cleared Rosey to blast Joe.

I dont think anything will happen but it's not impossible

R2Dawg
Whoever we hire, I'd have them watch Joe's press conference and tell the new guy if he ever does anything like that just keep walking out the door when it is over. I am still pissed at that egg bowl press conference.

I think Joe now has all Bulldogs dragging in the same direction.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 07:19 PM

And Joe doesn't seem to take accountability for anything. I honestly think he feels he did a good job last season. Based on his comments, he was more sorry for setting expectations too high than his own performance preparing the team and running the offense.

The fight, the suspensions, and some other rumors about Nashville may have opened the door. And Cohen already left it a little open both publicly and privately when he stated that he expected the team to be prepared for the bowl game. It was made Clear to Joe that the bowl game was important and we shat the bed.

RougeDawg
01-01-2020, 07:19 PM
Hopefully those boosters who backed out after they got EB boners, has their boners turned inside out Monday.

Holding out hope that rationale prevails over emotion.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-01-2020, 07:26 PM
Question for you Coach: is this the same source that mentioned Chizicks name to you? Or that told you incorrect info?

Either way I'm glad you brought it to the board, I'm just trying to guage how much I'm going to trust your source

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 07:27 PM
I'm not guaranteeing anything- but I'm really getting the vibe a change may be happening. Between Rosey's criticism and a rumor I got passed- I think we may do what needs to be done.

Waiting tells the entire College Football World that we are not serious about Football.

RiverCityDawg
01-01-2020, 07:29 PM
Waiting tells the entire College Football World that we are not serious about Football.

Yep, only other possibility is that our leaders are incapable of recognizing a horrible head coach. Either option is bad.

bobtail bob
01-01-2020, 07:30 PM
Yawn, wake me after they have drug his yankee ass out of there.....

HoopsDawg
Whoever we hire, I'd have them watch Joe's press conference and tell the new guy if he ever does anything like that just keep walking out the door when it is over. I am still pissed at that egg bowl press conference.

I'm still pissed about that press conference too. That was a real turning point for me. I went from disagreeing with the way he was running our offense and our program to actually not liking him.

maroonmania
I hope if we do make a change that we don't lowball on the next staff like we have on this one. Not that this one deserved anymore but you normally get what you pay for.

hp22
01-01-2020, 07:31 PM
Do it

You'll be the only P5 college job open? The vacancies have been hired unless someone makes an unexpected retirement or gets an NFL job. If your guy is still there, then why delay and invite outside completion in November?

I think it is better for recruting as well. You enter the recruiting cycle now. The new coach would have a full calendar year to form relationships with 20/21 recruits. It sure beats having to piece together a class at the last minute. As for this year's class, he has 20 or signatures. Instead of a broad evaluation, he has 20 commitments to reaffirm.

HailStateSZN19
01-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Please DEAR GOSH let this actually happen this go around.... PLEASE!!! Get his Yankee ass outta here!!

RougeDawg
01-01-2020, 07:35 PM
Question for you Coach: is this the same source that mentioned Chizicks name to you? Or that told you incorrect info?

Either way I'm glad you brought it to the board, I'm just trying to guage how much I'm going to trust your source

Chizicks agent did reach out when it was known we were looking. We had a lot more people that most would believe, interested in the job. They see the talent and see the east 2-3 more wins they could improve in year one. Would be a feather in the cap for any coach.

Eta. Can you name a single coach who would not want to be handed a top 25 program that has not finished anywhere close to the top 25, even with one of the best defenses in school history? Given, 2018 was close to top 25, it should have finished top 15 with that defense.

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 07:35 PM
And Joe doesn't seem to take accountability for anything. I honestly think he feels he did a good job last season. Based on his comments, he was more sorry for setting expectations too high than his own performance preparing the team and running the offense.

The fight, the suspensions, and some other rumors about Nashville may have opened the door. And Cohen already left it a little open both publicly and privately when he stated that he expected the team to be prepared for the bowl game. It was made Clear to Joe that the bowl game was important and we shat the bed.

Coaches rarely take accountability. Heck, Croom is still pissed he got let go after 5 years of embarrassing offense. You know, if he had just gotten his full 10 years promised....

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 07:36 PM
I hope if we do make a change that we don't lowball on the next staff like we have on this one. Not that this one deserved anymore but you normally get what you pay for.

100%. Cohen would need to discuss staff and staff budget in the interview process. Go and ahead and discuss who the S&C coach will be, etc. I mean, I know this is obvious, level 1 stuff, but it didn't seem like that was discussed when Cohen hired Joe. Damn it, I don't trust Cohen to get this right.

Coach34
01-01-2020, 07:37 PM

No

Bobby Ricigliano
01-01-2020, 07:38 PM
If what I heard about a certain family member is true, things may have had a change of heart, family matters. So....

What?s this all about?

HailStateSZN19
01-01-2020, 07:39 PM
C34, what’s your confidence level at right now that this actually happens? This would be some damn good news!

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 07:40 PM
No

What does your gut tell you about all this, 34? Does the rumor mill feel different this time around, by chacne?

confucius say
01-01-2020, 07:41 PM
No

Care to share the rumor?

TheLostDawg
01-01-2020, 07:44 PM
Do it

You'll be the only P5 college job open? The vacancies have been hired unless someone makes an unexpected retirement or gets an NFL job. If your guy is still there, then why delay and invite outside completion in November?

I think it is better for recruting as well. You enter the recruiting cycle now. The new coach would have a full calendar year to form relationships with 20/21 recruits. It sure beats having to piece together a class at the last minute. As for this year's class, he has 20 or signatures. Instead of a broad evaluation, he has 20 commitments to reaffirm.

Only negative thing is finding a staff this late. A lot of new coaches have already picked apart the staff. We'd be okay if we hurry up and do it before other schools have their assistants sign extensions.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 07:47 PM
Only negative thing is finding a staff this late. A lot of new coaches have already picked apart the staff. We'd be okay if we hurry up and do it before other schools have their assistants sign extensions.

The coaches convention in Jan 12th so there's still some time to put together a staff. And there may be a couple of coaches worth keeping from current staff. S&C coach, OC/DC, OL coach are the main ones that would need to get settled.

Coach34
01-01-2020, 07:49 PM
Care to share the rumor?

College coach told someone I know that their HC had been contacted about the State job.

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 07:52 PM

Well, even if we keep Joe, we have all this talk about significant staff shakeup and we haven't even started yet. The only major effect with us is I would think there would be continuity with Shoop and most of the defensive side of our staff (minus LB coach) with Moorhead staying.

vv83
College coach told someone I know that their HC had been contacted about the State job.

And this was in the last 48 hours?

Bert Stare
i told u guys this yesterday, but i have direct contact with Trace Armstrong (joe brady's agent). MSU officials have reached out to him twice to gauge interest of his client. they could be using us as a pay raise, but they were told our head coach position will be open..... soon.

Coach34
01-01-2020, 07:55 PM
And this was in the last 48 hours?

yep

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 07:55 PM
If what I heard about a certain family member is true, things may have had a change of heart, family matters. So...

Well if I'm reading this right and JM's wife had an issue at the bowl game, like I heard. This could mean she came home and said get me out of here and made JM have a change of heart about staying.

Lloyd Christmas
01-01-2020, 07:56 PM
What?s this all about?

I post infrequently these days, but I actually have a source on what they might be referring to.

Joe's daughter is having a VERY rough time at State right now. According to my source, Joe says she's being "harassed" constantly due to his job performance. I don't know how much she's actually getting "harassed", but I bet she's had to endure at least some heckling.

Anyways, apparently Joe's ridiculous Egg bowl postgame behavior was fueled by his anger over his daughter's perceived treatment.

This may not be related to what OP is hinting at, but wanted to share what I had.

HoopsDawg
i told u guys this yesterday, but i have direct contact with Trace Armstrong (joe brady's agent). MSU officials have reached out to him twice to gauge interest of his client. they could be using us as a pay raise, but they were told our head coach position will be open..... soon.

I would be so fcking pumped up if we hired Joe Brady. I don't give a shit that he would have a learning curve. And I don't give a shit that he would leave after 5 years if successful.

NCDawg
Please DEAR GOSH let this actually happen this go around.... PLEASE!!! Get his Yankee ass outta here!!

Totally agree.

vv83
01-01-2020, 07:58 PM
I post infrequently these days, but I actually have a source on what they might be referring to.

Joe's daughter is having a VERY rough time at State right now. According to my source, Joe says she's being "harassed" constantly due to his job performance. I don't know how much she's actually getting "harassed", but I bet she's had to endure at least some heckling.

Anyways, apparently Joe's ridiculous Egg bowl postgame behavior was fueled by his anger over his daughter's perceived treatment.

This may not be related to what OP is hinting at, but wanted to share what I had.

I hate that. Know it’s unavoidable but sucks to hear that’s happening, no reason to drag his family into it

Jarius
01-01-2020, 07:58 PM

I hope that coach gets to come home.

Lloyd Christmas
01-01-2020, 07:59 PM
If what I heard about a certain family member is true, things may have had a change of heart, family matters. So...

Well if I'm reading this right and JM's wife had an issue at the bowl game, like I heard. This could mean she came home and said get me out of here and made JM have a change of heart about staying.

I can tell you from first hand experience that his wife is a textbook numbskull.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 08:03 PM

There will be a lot of coaches looking for jobs at the up coming coaches clinic. Not just unemployed coaches, but some unhappy in their current position like how we got Todd Grantham and there will coaches looking to move up the ladder.

basedog
01-01-2020, 08:04 PM
I can tell you from first hand experience that his wife is a textbook numbskull.

Yep

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 08:05 PM

Sounds like ULL with your Louisiana connections.

Noxdog
01-01-2020, 08:05 PM
I'm still pissed about that press conference too. That was a real turning point for me. I went from disagreeing with the way he was running our offense and our program to actually not liking him.

That was clueless on his part. Don't talk down to the fanbase much less insult them. He's so egotistical and arrogant it makes me sick.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 08:08 PM

Would this be a good coach?

KB21
01-01-2020, 08:11 PM
I would be so fcking pumped up if we hired Joe Brady. I don't give a shit that he would have a learning curve. And I don't give a shit that he would leave after 5 years if successful.

I’m not going to buy this at the moment. However, if this were true, it would be dang near malpractice to hire Joe Brady to run a SEC program. The guy has one year of experience as a passing game coordinator in college football.

ATTILLA THE DOG
01-01-2020, 08:11 PM

You and me both.

Noxdog
01-01-2020, 08:13 PM

I see what you did there.

Quaoarsking
01-01-2020, 08:13 PM

That's a damn disgrace if true. Anyone who harasses his family should be permanently banned from attending any MSU sporting events.

Noxdog
01-01-2020, 08:15 PM
You and me both.

It could be construed different ways.

You looking south or east?

Indndawg
01-01-2020, 08:16 PM
That's a damn disgrace if true. Anyone who harasses his family should be permanently banned from attending any MSU sporting events.

Kids should be totally off limits.
Still, making multi-millions and living in a bubble in a small town has its downside and crap happens.

R2Dawg
01-01-2020, 08:16 PM

So what happened with his wife at the bowl game?

TheLostDawg
01-01-2020, 08:18 PM
The coaches convention in Jan 12th so there's still some time to put together a staff. And there may be a couple of coaches worth keeping from current staff. S&C coach, OC/DC, OL coach are the main ones that would need to get settled.

Would our signing class have an option to void their contract?

Coach34
I’m not going to buy this at the moment. However, if this were true, it would be dang near malpractice to hire Joe Brady to run a SEC program. The guy has one year of experience as a passing game coordinator in college football.

Would be very surprised if we took this chance after having to make a change

Coursesuper
Kids should be totally off limits.
Still, making multi-millions and living in a bubble in a small town has its downside and crap happens.

The kid was working at The Veranda and was overhearing things being said in the bar and at tables after games.

HoopsDawg

I doubt it's going to happen so it's pointless to argue about. I understand why you and many others would feel that way, but I just vehemently disagree. This guy is a rising a star and we will have one chance to hire him and that time is now.

maroonmania

Hate to hear that anyone is harrassing Moorhead's family. However, if she is actually a student at MSU with thousands of other students or even just in Starkville , then there are always a few dumbasses that are going to be jerks. Of course, if his daughter is anything like Joe, she's probably VERY sensitive.

TNDawg35
01-01-2020, 08:19 PM

She wanted popcorn and Joe sent Guidry who dropped the bag on the way back so Willie slapped the shot out of him...

bobtail bob
Why does jughead?s family get brought up every time the flames start licking up around his lazy ass ? A con man with a mile long list of go to excuses. I think he wants to get fired so he can walk away with a nice buy out.

msbulldog

Not sure RD, just read on another board there was an incident, take it for what it's worth, I was just hypothesizing on what Basedawg posted about family matter and a change of heart.

Jarius

I hope both get to come home whichever one of those 2 we decide to go with in this hypothetical firing/hiring process.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 08:20 PM

We would have to release them from their LOI's if they wanted to sign elsewhere.

Coach34

Signees already enrolled cannot.

Signees not enrolled can ask for a release- up to us to grant it or not. But remember- most schools have limited schollys left. We would lose 2-3 at the very most, if any.

ATTILLA THE DOG

I wanted Hud before we hired Mullen and I think we are better off today had that been the case.

Coursesuper

Can't afford go that route at this point. Have to have a guy that's been there and done that.

deadheaddawg

So i assume you are ok with the shape of the program right now? Because we currently have a young coach who appears not to be ready yet. We are living through the results of a learning curve right now. That's why we are in this mess.

Why do that again?

Every reasonable candidate would have risk.....the risk with Moorhead was the same as the risk with Joe Brady.

Let's take a less risky route if possible and hire someone with more experience.

msbulldog
Yes

basedog

Crying in rest room.

Lloyd Christmas
01-01-2020, 08:21 PM

It is...and that sucks for her. Shitty people have always existed and always will.

Having said that, if I took a dump on the Davis Wade sideline I bet the turd would outcoach Joe.

DownwardDawg
01-01-2020, 08:22 PM
I wanted Hud before we hired Mullen and I think we are better off today had that been the case.

Me too. Not dismissing anything that Mullen did, but I think Hud would have done just as well and he would still be here rolling along.

deadheaddawg
01-01-2020, 08:23 PM
This guy is a rising a star and we will have one chance to hire him and that time is now.

Joe moorhead was a rising star when we hire him. Virtually everyone lauded the hire as great

ATTILLA THE DOG
01-01-2020, 08:23 PM
Me too. Not dismissing anything that Mullen did, but I think Hud would have done just as well and he would still be here rolling along.

Yep

Coach34
01-01-2020, 08:24 PM
Crying in rest room.

Hard not to after watching that offense

Jarius
01-01-2020, 08:24 PM

I'm so sick of hearing this shit about his damn daughter. I'm not mad at you for posting it and appreciate the info but that guy uses this card every time the shit hits the fan.

KB21
01-01-2020, 08:25 PM
I doubt it's going to happen so it's pointless to argue about. I understand why you and many others would feel that way, but I just vehemently disagree. This guy is a rising a star and we will have one chance to hire him and that time is now.

IMO, you would make the same mistake with Brady as they did with Moorhead. It would be hiring a coach based on the offensive system he ran, only this time, it is one he ran with a historical quarterback. If it were to happen, you don?t do it and then pull the plug in two years. I doubt the guy even knows how to lead at this point. There have been a lot of rising stars in football who have been hired as a head coach entirely too soon who were abject disasters when they became head coaches.

dawgday166
Joe moorhead was a rising star when we hire him. Virtually everyone lauded the hire as great

True. But he turned out to be like a late '90s internet stock everyone wanted to buy at the time.

Coach34

Our roster doesnt fit his offense. Would be Moorhead Part 2. Would have to change the roster. And that takes a couple of years.

msstate7
01-01-2020, 08:26 PM

I normally agree with you, but we could be making the same mistake again... LSU is absolutely loaded at the skill position just like penn st was.

ETA... we need to look at guys that win/perform without massive talent gaps

lefty96
01-01-2020, 08:26 PM

Every time I started to choke up watching it, I blacked out from boredom so I never actually cried.

basedog
01-01-2020, 08:27 PM

I will say you made me laugh, maybe there is a lot of truth in what u say. But family matters, I told someone it may have changed Joe's thinking.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 08:27 PM
Our roster doesnt fit his offense. Would be Moorhead Part 2. Would have to change the roster. And that takes a couple of years.

Don't know why folks don't get this. You have to have an elite passer with really exceptional skill players too. That doesn't fit exactly what we typically recruit or can recruit.

Lloyd Christmas
01-01-2020, 08:28 PM
I'm so sick of hearing this shit about his damn daughter. I'm not mad at you for posting it and appreciate the info but that guy uses this card every time the shit hits the fan.

Totally agree. I'm just passing along what Joe himself is saying. It might be total BS and she just overheard bad stuff about her dad at The Veranda....who knows?

The point is her dad breathes heavily from the mouth and sucks at coaching.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 08:28 PM

Hell I was crying in my easy chair!

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 08:29 PM

Not sure that he and his family are cut out for being a P5 HC where fans care about winning. They are way too interested in what everyone is saying about them here or there and wanting everyone to like them. There are reasons you get paid millions of dollars and live in a fishbowl with this type of job. You need a little teflon, especially if you are not going to perform your job well.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 08:29 PM

LOL ... Especially in her's and her daughter's shoes ... knowing they gonna be hearing during the offseason around campus and Starkville.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 08:31 PM
Crying in rest room.

I'd bet money this was from her overhearing fans directing their verbal ire at her husband during the game, and not to her directly. I couldn't pick her out of a lineup, and I assume most fans probably couldn't either.

I'm sure its distressing to see and hear such unfettered anger directed at a loved one, but sorry....this is the SEC, not a country club. If you want sunshine and roses, might want to go back to Fordham.

basedog
01-01-2020, 08:33 PM
I'd bet money this was from her overhearing fans directing their verbal ire at her husband during the game, and not to her directly. I couldn't pick her out of a lineup, and I assume most fans probably couldn't either.

I'm sure its distressing to see and hear such unfettered anger directed at a loved one, but sorry....this is the SEC, not a country club. If you want sunshine and roses, might want to go back to Fordham.

I'm betting he will. I hope a change is made.

Coach34
01-01-2020, 08:34 PM
I will say you made me laugh, maybe there is a lot of truth in what u say. But family matters, I told someone it may have changed Joe's thinking.

I will say I hate that for his wife and kids- but it comes with the territory. I had people yelling at my ass during games the last 2 seasons- and we set school records at both schools. Just got to have thick skin and Joe's is too thin for $3 million plus per year

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 08:34 PM

I'm ok with that. Next year is going to be a rebuilding year anyway. Joe has been trying to recruit to a similar system, just no where near as good.

In 40+ years of watching College Football, I have never seen an assistant make an impact like Brady did this year.

I would not be fired up about Hud at all. Rather gamble on Brady. Recruits would freaking love him. He would need to hire a couple of ex-head coaches as coordinators.

Jarius
01-01-2020, 08:35 PM

I honestly could not pick out a single family member of his in a lineup. Mullen's wife was highly visible. Moorhead's is not. I've never heard a quote from her. I can't imagine anyone is directing anyone directly at her.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 08:37 PM
I honestly could not pick out a single family member of his in a lineup. Mullen's wife was highly visible. Moorhead's is not. I've never heard a quote from her. I can't imagine anyone is directing anyone directly at her.

Exactly. Megan was everywhere.

I just think the entire family, Joe included, underestimated what it meant to be a HC in the SEC. It's different.

Lloyd Christmas
01-01-2020, 08:38 PM
Mullen's wife was highly visible. Moorhead's is not. I've never heard a quote from her.

How do I say this nicely?.....she's not overly intelligent or interesting.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 08:39 PM

Hell why wasn't she sitting in a suite like most coaches family do, that would have insulated her.

basedog
01-01-2020, 08:39 PM
I will say I hate that for his wife and kids- but it comes with the territory. I had people yelling at my ass during games the last 2 seasons- and we set school records at both schools. Just got to have thick skin and Joe's is too thin for $3 million plus per year

I agree, it's a rough thing dealing with your job that has gone bad but going home to watch or listen to family members makes for no relieve. I think Joe knows there is no winning in his future at Msu. I think he would be smart to take buyout money, sit a year and get refocused. If not I'm not sure he can recover getting another decent job being fired next year which looks like a total rebuild. Just me I suppose.

lefty96
01-01-2020, 08:40 PM

That didn’t quite work.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 08:40 PM
I normally agree with you, but we could be making the same mistake again... LSU is absolutely loaded at the skill position just like penn st was.

Brady wouldn't be able to take us to the playoffs like he did with LSU this year. But we would be fun to watch, players would want to play in his system, and we could get to 8 wins with the right supporting staff.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 08:41 PM

Me too. I don't believe he has ever been an OC before at this level.

Rex54
01-01-2020, 08:41 PM

"Honey I know you are setting up our kids and grandkids for life, but someone called you a stinky poopy face so it's time we leave"

Yeah..... That didn't happen

MarketingBully
01-01-2020, 08:43 PM

If we did hire Brady, we?d have to be patient. More patient then with Joe BUT the silver lining is the state of Mississippi is loaded in the 2021 class with WR players at least 3-4 4 star WRs including the top one who committed to LSU because of Brady. He could be off and running in 2021 if we were patient with him in 2020.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 08:43 PM
Crying in rest room.

That was me.**

msstate7
01-01-2020, 08:44 PM
Brady wouldn't be able to take us to the playoffs like he did with LSU this year. But we would be fun to watch, players would want to play in his system, and we could get to 8 wins with the right supporting staff.

If the choice is Brady or moorhead though, bring on Brady

HoopsDawg
Me too. I don't believe he has ever been an OC before at this level.

He won the Broyles award this year. Make no mistake about it, he was the OC for LSU this year. LSU is about to pay him big bucks to stay.

Coach34
I'm ok with that. Next year is going to be a rebuilding year anyway. Joe has been trying to recruit to a similar system, just no where near as good.

In 40+ years of watching College Football, I have never seen an assistant make an impact like Brady did this year.

I would not be fired up about Hud at all. Rather gamble on Brady. Recruits would freaking love him. He would need to hire a couple of ex-head coaches as coordinators.

I think his offense is great for LSU and their talent. I think it would be a lead balloon at State. I may be right- you may be right- it's a gamble. Hard for me to see our recruiting profile change enough for him to be successful

RougeDawg

Is it real harassment or someone not being able to handle the truth?

Last time it was because people were talking about how shitty of a coach he was. They were talking or ranting, amongst themselves at the game. Nothing was directed at his daughter.

If she cannot handle fans ranting about shitty coaching, she should stay home. Because calling Sloppy Joes performances shitty, is being nice.

This clown tells us to kick rocks and pound sand, and then tries to use the daughter excuse every time his head is on the chopping block. All the more reason he needs to GTFO.

Dawgbite
01-01-2020, 08:45 PM
I’ve meet Joes wife a couple of times and the kids too, all very nice people. Joes wife is friends with someone in our extended tailgate group. She is very low key, nothing like Megan was. Megan was always on a PR mission promoting the Mullen brand. Moorhead wife almost seemed uncomfortable with all the hoopla surrounding being a SEC head coaches wife.

ckDOG
True. But he turned out to be like a late '90s internet stock everyone wanted to buy at the time.

Is that even true though? We had media approval, but I don't recall us outbidding other suitors.

MarketingBully
I agree, it's a rough thing dealing with your job that has gone bad but going home to watch or listen to family members makes for no relieve. I think Joe knows there is no winning in his future at Msu. I think he would be smart to take buyout money, sit a year and get refocused. If not I'm not sure he can recover getting another decent job being fired next year which looks like a total rebuild. Just me I suppose.

Hell if he played his cards right he could get his old job back as OC at Penn State no harm no foul.

basedog
That was me.**

Oh my! Tell me you don't use the restrooms at Target***. LOL

Dawgology
01-01-2020, 08:46 PM

HUD would be a homerun hire for State. He a great coach, motivator, and disciplinarian. He also has a metric ton of connections to high school coaches in Mississippi and Alabama. He would be a great fit and I think he has really wanted to be the HC here for a long time. When someone loves the place they work the ceiling is raised significantly

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 08:47 PM
. If you want sunshine and roses, might want to go back to Fordham.

Or put a better prepared product on the field. Mullen and family never had any issues in Starkville that I'm aware of.

Behrdawg
01-01-2020, 08:47 PM
HUD will never be our HC.

Coach34
01-01-2020, 08:48 PM
And honestly- If I'm Brady- I wouldnt take our job knowing the roster and being friends with Moorhead. He knows what we have and realizes its not a good fit

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 08:48 PM
"Honey I know you are setting up our kids and grandkids for life, but someone called you a stinky poopy face so it's time we leave"

Yeah..... That didn't happen

Short-sighted much?

basedog
01-01-2020, 08:49 PM
Hell if he played his cards right he could get his old job back as OC at Penn State no harm no foul.

That would be a win win for all.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 08:50 PM

I think Franklin was glad to get rid of him.

Lloyd Christmas
01-01-2020, 08:50 PM
HUD would be a homerun hire for State.

I have nothing against Hud, but how is hiring a coach that got fired from ULL a homerun?

Rex54
01-01-2020, 08:51 PM
I think his offense is great for LSU and their talent. I think it would be a lead balloon at State. I may be right- you may be right- it's a gamble. Hard for me to see our recruiting profile change enough for him to be successful

Exactly. We get one WR like they have every 20 years... And they have 3 THIS year.

Dawgology
01-01-2020, 08:52 PM
HUD will never be our HC.

I keep hearing this so I?m assuming we have a prominent booster that doesn?t like him. That?s is sad if the case but not surprising since we have boosters still supporting JoMo. It appears some of them are raging morons.

Spiderman
01-01-2020, 08:52 PM

I'd say that is a stretch. Mullen is a hell of a coach. We were very lucky to get him.

I laughed at people on here and six pack saying we had "upgraded when we hired Moorhead.

Mullen will always be the standard here

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 08:53 PM
And honestly- If I'm Brady- I wouldnt take our job knowing the roster and being friends with Moorhead. He knows what we have and realizes its not a good fit

I wouldn't take it either if I'm Brady. He is about to make a million at LSU and he can pick a better fit next year. Or maybe even go back to the NFL where he studied under Sean Payton.

I do think he could find us a couple of good receivers to run his offense though. Ty Keyes sure as hell would love it. Will Rodgers could run it. There are couple of really good receivers in the 2021 class. One recently decommitted from us and committed to LSU.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 08:53 PM
He won the Broyles award this year. Make no mistake about it, he was the OC for LSU this year. LSU is about to pay him big bucks to stay.

He also has a generational QB who is doing some unbelievable things that could make anyone look like a genius. I mean, he may be good in time but he needs to be THE OC first and show me what he can do with say Myles Brennan before I totally buy in to him.

Right now I think MSU needs someone that will actually build a program and knows how to do that. Someone like Napier who is from Saban's tree because there is a track record of his assistants going to other schools and following the same "program" blueprint successfully. Smart, Pruitt, McElwain won a couple of SEC East titles and left them in good shape. Or someone like Hud that is really invested in the program where we can hire elite coordinators which is what LSU did- and Clemson did with Dabo- who will recruit well and manage the program like a CEO.

We were trying to outsmart everyone with Moorhead. It would be the same with Brady.

Dawgology
01-01-2020, 08:54 PM
I have nothing against Hud, but how is hiring a coach that got fired from ULL a homerun?

I get tired of explaining it. Go look at his records at where he has coached and understand that ULL was hit by the NCAA due to the assistant coach ACT stuff (which Hud was cleared of) toward the end of his tenure there.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 08:55 PM

Same way a coach who got fired from Ole Miss was a home run for LSU.

msstate7
01-01-2020, 08:55 PM

Not that i think Hud would be a HR, but our best coach on campus was unsuccessful at Sam Houston st.

msstate7
01-01-2020, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't take it either if I'm Brady. He is about to make a million at LSU and he can pick a better fit next year. Or maybe even go back to the NFL where he studied under Sean Payton.

I do think he could find us a couple of good receivers to run his offense though. Ty Keyes sure as hell would love it. Will Rodgers could run it. There are couple of really good receivers in the 2021 class. One recently decommitted from us and committed to LSU.

About Brady, I wonder if the new bengals' HC tries to get him as OC

HoopsDawg
He also has a generational QB who is doing some unbelievable things that could make anyone look like a genius. I mean, he may be good in time but he needs to be THE OC first and show me what he can do with say Myles Brennan before I totally buy in to him.

Right now I think MSU needs someone that will actually build a program and knows how to do that. Someone like Napier who is from Saban's tree because there is a track record of his assistants going to other schools and following the same "program" blueprint successfully. Smart, Pruitt, McElwain won a couple of SEC East titles and left them in good shape. Or someone like Hud that is really invested in the program where we can hire elite coordinators which is what LSU did- and Clemson did with Dabo- who will recruit well and manage the program like a CEO.

We were trying to outsmart everyone with Moorhead. It would be the same with Brady.

Moorhead was just a bad hire. Mullen was a great hire. Both were coordinators. Again, I really think it's a moot point, but I'm just saying I personally would be pumped with Brady.

I have concerns about Naiper's system. His track record as a head coach isn't that long. Bill Clark is kind of a boring hire. Hud is where he needs to be. We probably aren't stealing another Power 5 head coach.

Todd4State
Not that i think Hud would be a HR, but our best coach on campus was unsuccessful at Sam Houston st.

Exactly. People learn from their failures sometimes. And the thing is Hud failed because of his rogue assistant which he will be unable to hire at MSU if he ever gets our job. It wasn't a "learning" thing as far as on the field coaching goes.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 08:59 PM
About Brady, I wonder if the new bengals' HC tries to get him as OC

interesting thought. Very possible.

Rex54
01-01-2020, 08:59 PM
We probably aren't stealing another Power 5 head coach.

Money talks

Lloyd Christmas
01-01-2020, 09:00 PM

I'm not doubting that a Hud hire COULD be seen as a homerun a few years down the road. I'm just saying it'd be a stretch to call it that at this juncture.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-01-2020, 09:02 PM
I had people yelling at my ass during games the last 2 seasons- and we set school records at both schools.

I heard them yelling at you. They were bitching about you coaching in shorts, running your 5'-4" 125 pound tailback up the middle, and you having your kids on the sideline talking to the starting QB about going to Bumpers after the game.

Just kidding of course.

Really Clark?
01-01-2020, 09:03 PM
We would have to release them from their LOI's if they wanted to sign elsewhere.

They can only request a release, it would up to us to grant it. They can appeal it to the NCAA which will take about 2 months or more. The rule is designed for signees when a school suddenly go on probation or other issues but specifically states that a coaching change is not a reason to guarantee a granted release. That up to the school

chef dixon
01-01-2020, 09:03 PM
We need someone who actually knows how to be a head coach and oversee the program. Joe Brady would come in and focus on his offense and we would have all the same problems we already have.

RocketDawg
01-01-2020, 09:04 PM

If that's the case, why didn't he tell Moorhead to suspend both players for the bowl game? That would have saved some face. Shrader may have been suspended (although I believe Moorhead said there were "no suspensions" when asked), although he didn't look all that injured.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2020, 09:04 PM
I heard them yelling at you. They were bitching about you coaching in shorts, running your 5'-4" 125 pound tailback up the middle, and you having your kids on the sideline talking to the starting QB about going to Bumpers after the game.

Just kidding of course.

Hell I thought you were talking about mullen. Wearing shorts during game, running Holloway up the middle.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 09:05 PM
Moorhead was just a bad hire. Mullen was a great hire. Both were coordinators. Again, I really think it's a moot point, but I'm just saying I personally would be pumped with Brady.

I have concerns about Naiper's system. His track record as a head coach isn't that long. Bill Clark is kind of a boring hire. Hud is where he needs to be. We probably aren't stealing another Power 5 head coach.

Are you talking about his offense? His program is the same one that Saban has used at Alabama which is what Napier learned when he was the WR coach there. It encompasses recruiting strategy, S&C, academics, and football. Once Appalachain State's team graduates out after 2020 ULL will take over as the best team in the Sun Belt. They're pretty close as it is. App State is an anomaly just like Joe Burrow is. They have a special team for them for this year and next.

I think Bill Clark would be a bad hire. He has players on his team in the 23-24 year old range because their program got shut down. His offense is probably worse than Joe's and has been shut down from time to time and is very boring. He has also been in Alabama his entire career and has never really coached in the SEC. He's the "know your place MSU" hire that people like Paul Finebaum expect us to make.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-01-2020, 09:06 PM
Money talks

You act like we are the only school that can pay 4 million dollars. Money does not talk if that coach has other options.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-01-2020, 09:06 PM
Hell I thought you were talking about mullen. Wearing shorts during game, running Holloway up the middle.

You picked that up quickly. And Stansbury with the kids on the sideline.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2020, 09:07 PM

He still can't coach. Just having OC and HC who can with four and five stars all over the field is what making him look like a genius. The only thing he only do is say go tiga's to the ESPN sideline reporter.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 09:07 PM

Just kidding of course.

I thought that was Yancy and McCready?**

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 09:08 PM
If that's the case, why didn't he tell Moorhead to suspend both players for the bowl game? That would have saved some face. Shrader may have been suspended (although I believe Moorhead said there were "no suspensions" when asked), although he didn't look all that injured.

Keenum and Cohen aren't going to micromanage like that.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 09:08 PM
Are you talking about his offense? His program is the same one that Saban has used at Alabama which is what Napier learned when he was the WR coach there. It encompasses recruiting strategy, S&C, academics, and football. Once Appalachain State's team graduates out after 2020 ULL will take over as the best team in the Sun Belt. They're pretty close as it is. App State is an anomaly just like Joe Burrow is. They have a special team for them for this year and next.

I think Bill Clark would be a bad hire. He has players on his team in the 23-24 year old range because their program got shut down. His offense is probably worse than Joe's and has been shut down from time to time and is very boring. He has also been in Alabama his entire career and has never really coached in the SEC. He's the "know your place MSU" hire that people like Paul Finebaum expect us to make.

Yes, his offense. Reminds me of a poor man's Gus Malzahn.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 09:09 PM
I thought that was Yancy and McCready?**

Would've been moans, in that case.***

Coach34
01-01-2020, 09:10 PM

Sometime you let an employee make a decision to see what they are going to do in situations.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 09:11 PM
He still can't coach. Just having OC and HC who can with four and five stars all over the field is what making him look like a genius. The only thing he only do is say go tiga's to the ESPN sideline reporter.

That's true. But that's the thing- he doesn't HAVE to coach as much because his OC and DC are among the best in the business and they do it for him. O on the other hand is the CEO and he is good with recruiting. He also handles discipline, the media, and etc. and because he's not worried as much about the scheme he is free to do those things and it doesn't take away from the team.

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 09:12 PM

Just too big a risk on Brady to run an entire SEC program just based off one year of an improved offense at LSU. If you go back to the Penn State offense the couple of years before JM got there and the improvement after he arrived you would have never dreamed his offense at MSU would be as unproductive as its been. My only hesitation about Hud is what happened at ULL toward the end with the NCAA stuff and the team going downhill. Not sure what happened there.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 09:12 PM
Yes, his offense. Reminds me of a poor man's Gus Malzahn.

It's more like Alabama's than Auburn's. It appears that way because he doesn't have Tua and he has three at least elite Sun Belt caliber running backs. In other words- he can adapt to his personnel.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 09:13 PM
Would've been moans, in that case.***

McCready would have been moaning and at the same time trying to convince everyone in the stands that he's not a fan.

defiantdog
01-01-2020, 09:16 PM
Penn State already got Minnesota's OC, yet Minnesota still found a way to beat Auburn without an OC.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 09:17 PM
It's more like Alabama's than Auburn's. It appears that way because he doesn't have Tua and he has three at least elite Sun Belt caliber running backs. In other words- he can adapt to his personnel.

He's another guy that can't run a QB sneak. I know it may be crazy, but that's a deal breaker for me. Drives me crazy.

mstatefan91
Rosebowl just went in on Moorhead.. feels like it's happening

HoopsDawg
Just too big a risk on Brady to run an entire SEC program just based off one year of an improved offense at LSU. If you go back to the Penn State offense the couple of years before JM got there and the improvement after he arrived you would have never dreamed his offense at MSU would be as unproductive as its been. My only hesitation about Hud is what happened at ULL toward the end with the NCAA stuff and the team going downhill. Not sure what happened there.

We simply can't hire Hud. I get frustrated every time a poster brings him up.

Rex54
01-01-2020, 09:18 PM

Yep. Explicitly called for a HC change.

mstatefan91

care to elaborate?

Rex54
We simply can't hire Hud..

Same thing I heard about Norvell. We simply CAN'T keep Pillow-Face

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 09:19 PM

I don't think so myself ... yet. He's making the case for a change but he said earlier he didn't know. He said same thing on Boneyard yesterday too.

CoachT14

There?s a lot more to coaching than just being an X?s and O?s guru. Ask Joel Muirhead.

Orgeron is a fantastic recruiter, a truly players coach.... who holds his players to a certain standard. Lot more than our buffoon can say for himself.

BeardoMSU

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/880/036/864.jpg

Ezsoil

One thing you have to remember is the arena that Keenum came from.....he came from the political world and the establishment wing of said world ..he will put perception ahead of performance....you are right, the fight made national news and put the program in a negative light ...much more so of any performance on the field....

DLGDawg
01-01-2020, 09:20 PM
Sometime you let an employee make a decision to see what they are going to do in situations.

Give him enough rope....justify the means

CadaverDawg
https://media1.tenor.com/images/37828a9fa0ed6027f18dedfd11c7a878/tenor.gif?itemid=13740689

https://media.tenor.com/images/c9f9d0d6a88b064f8b10dca9456f510f/tenor.gif

defiantdog
I'm hearing this business trip was not a good sell for JoMo.

mstatefan91
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/880/036/864.jpg

lmao it takes a lot for rosebowl to criticize any active MSU head coach.

ATTILLA THE DOG
01-01-2020, 09:22 PM

Why is that?

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 09:23 PM

I hope nobody's family members are being treated ugly. But I guess all schools have their own assholes and can't be avoided.

JoseBrown
01-01-2020, 09:25 PM
I don't think so myself ... yet. He's making the case for a change but he said earlier he didn't know. He said same thing on Boneyard yesterday too.

He said he's chasing stories right now. That some cigar boys that wanted Jo to stay post-EB have changed their minds post-MCB.

Rex54
01-01-2020, 09:27 PM
He said he's chasing stories right now. That some cigar boys that wanted Jo to stay post-EB have changed their minds post-MCB.

They need to be dropped to the bottom of the totem pole

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 09:28 PM

Plus we needed to actually win the game. If Shrader had played the bowl game at 100% it might have been a totally different outcome. I bet he would not have given the ball to Kylin going sideways with a host of defenders after him when there was a gaping hole up the middle available for him to run through.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 09:29 PM

He did in a way. I believe he said Boosters so that made me wonder what levels and how many. Enough of the power brokers?

RocketDawg
01-01-2020, 09:29 PM
Crying in rest room.

Presumably she and family had private box seating, or with Keenum and Cohen, at the game. If that's the case, how could it have been harrassment from fans? Maybe she just saw the writing on the wall if it was in the second half.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 09:30 PM
Why is that?

he bombed at the end of his tenure at ULL, was fired and was the head coach when the team got put on NCAA probation. Need I say more? He's not even a G5 coach, he's in the FCS. I just don't think he's SEC, CEO material. I would love him as our TE coach again, but that's about it.

Dawgology
01-01-2020, 09:30 PM
They need to be dropped to the bottom of the totem pole

THIS! If a 1 point win over a 4 win team sells you on the future of the program you need to get the **** out of the way.

Rex54
01-01-2020, 09:32 PM
Presumably she and family had private box seating, or with Keenum and Cohen, at the game. If that's the case, how could it have been harrassment from fans? Maybe she just saw the writing on the wall if it was in the second half.

Hopefully Cohen and Keenum were talking shit about Sloppy

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 09:34 PM
One thing you have to remember is the arena that Keenum came from.....he came from the political world and the establishment wing of said world ..he will put perception ahead of performance....you are right, the fight made national news and put the program in a negative light ...much more so of any performance on the field....

tutorgate and probation did as well. I know some don't want to put any of that on Joe but IMO his culture of no accountability had a LOT to do with it.

mstatefan91
01-01-2020, 09:36 PM
Rosebowl say smoke gonna start billowing in the next 24-36 hrs.

RocketDawg
01-01-2020, 09:38 PM

Exactly. Meghan was just about as well known to the fans as Dan was. She was very active with the team and the fans.

I don't even know Joe's wife's name, let alone what she looks like. I'd not know her if she walked in my door right now. And that's fine - we hired him, not her. But it seems different after Mullen's wife was so well known. I don't think anybody knew Croom's wife either.

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 09:41 PM

There IS no way.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Is it real harassment or someone not being able to handle the truth?

Last time it was because people were talking about how shitty of a coach he was. They were talking or ranting, amongst themselves at the game. Nothing was directed at his daughter.

If she cannot handle fans ranting about shitty coaching, she should stay home. Because calling Sloppy Joes performances shitty, is being nice.

This clown tells us to kick rocks and pound sand, and then tries to use the daughter excuse every time his head is on the chopping block. All the more reason he needs to GTFO.

https://media.tenor.com/images/ad5989d3f9e465fa19b877f27056c3a4/tenor.gif

You don't get to tell us to pound sand and then cry "my wife and daughter heard someone say I was a shitty coach". GTFO...you are clearly out of your league, Slovester

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 09:43 PM
Rosebowl say smoke gonna start billowing in the next 24-36 hrs.

Tomorrow or Friday we were going to announce several staff changes. I guess something changed with Keenum and a couple of boosters and now we may just go ahead and fire Moorhead instead of basically cleaning house and keeping moorhead.

We've actual been pretty lucky that Napier wasn't hired by Ole Miss, Arkansas, or even Missouri. So he's sitting right there if we want him.

TheLostDawg
01-01-2020, 09:43 PM

Maybe heard things leaving

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 09:44 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/ad5989d3f9e465fa19b877f27056c3a4/tenor.gif

You don't get to tell us to pound sand and then cry "my wife and daughter heard someone say I was a shitty coach". GTFO...you are clearly out of your league, Slovester

With that thin of skin, he might as well coach Upward Basketball or something in that vein, lol.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 09:45 PM
I hope nobody's family members are being treated ugly. But I guess all schools have their own assholes and can't be avoided.

I suspect it's probably people at the Veranda or wherever talking about the game and how bad his coaching is. It's nothing personal directed at his family more than likely. Believe me it comes with the territory if you have a family member in sports and you have to take the good with the bad.

Rex54
01-01-2020, 09:47 PM
Tomorrow or Friday we were going to announce several staff changes. I guess something changed with Keenum and a couple of boosters and now we may just go ahead and fire Moorhead instead of basically cleaning house and keeping moorhead.

We've actual been pretty lucky that Napier wasn't hired by Ole Miss, Arkansas, or even Missouri. So he's sitting right there if we want him.

Staff changes was a trial balloon to see if it will satisfy the masses... Well too late for that!!

Joe Antoinette told us to eat cake... It's full blown revolution time baby, he's GOT TO GO!!!

Msujd164
01-01-2020, 09:47 PM
IF something is going down, it’s happening very soon. IMO you have got to fire Moorhead and have a guy in place before National Championship. You can’t miss having it discussed before and during that game.

Rex54
01-01-2020, 09:48 PM
Double-Post

Jack Lambert
01-01-2020, 09:48 PM

You have to ask your self why? Not like Ark and Missouri lit the world on fire with their hires.

Rex54
01-01-2020, 09:49 PM
IF something is going down, it’s happening very soon. IMO you have got to fire Moorhead and have a guy in place before National Championship. You can’t miss having it discussed before and during that game.

Announce Billy, let him coach the Bowl game and in Starkville Tuesday.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 09:51 PM
You have to ask your self why? Not like Ark and Missouri lit the world on fire with their hires.

It gives me pause for sure.

RocketDawg
01-01-2020, 09:53 PM
Keenum and Cohen aren't going to micromanage like that.

It's not really micromanaging if the offense embarrassed the school so much that it results in the head coach being fired.

gtowndawg
01-01-2020, 09:54 PM

Nice.

CoachT14
01-01-2020, 09:58 PM

It's not out of the realm that he told them no. But I do understand where you're coming from.

Cowbell
01-01-2020, 10:02 PM

Well it's not like either of those schools are known for making homerun hires (after the fact). Just think about the guys we passed over last go round.

deadheaddawg
01-01-2020, 10:04 PM

You bring up a good point, but I think it should be noted Arkansas either couldn't get anyone to take their job or they just liked their internal guy more..... whatever it is I think naiper not being hired at Arkansas has more to do with Arkansas than naiper.

Coach34
01-01-2020, 10:05 PM
It gives me pause for sure.

Mizzou made a good hire and Napier could have turned down the UPig job. Some guys wont jump at just any job- especially one that is going to take a couple of years to rebuild and has struggled for awhile

Really Clark?
01-01-2020, 10:06 PM
You bring up a good point, but I think it should be noted Arkansas either couldn't get anyone to take their job or they just liked their internal guy more..... whatever it is I think naiper not being hired at Arkansas has more to do with Arkansas than naiper.

Pitman had a lot of people in his corner, players, former players, boosters, etc.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-01-2020, 10:14 PM
Mizzou made a good hire and Napier could have turned down the UPig job. Some guys wont jump at just any job- especially one that is going to take a couple of years to rebuild and has struggled for awhile

Some guys won't jump ship at just any job- especially one where their future employer has demonstrated that they will fire them before 2 years have passed.

msstatelp1
01-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Some guys won't jump ship at just any job- especially one where their future employer has demonstrated that they will fire them before 2 years have passed.

So you like the direction our program is going and feel Moorhead should get another year or two?

CoachT14
01-01-2020, 10:21 PM
So you like the direction our program is going and feel Moorhead should get another year or two?

He's a "we can't do that, we are Poor Ole Mittittippi State" fan.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-01-2020, 10:22 PM

I do not like the direction the program is head and I do think Moorhead should get another year.

TaleofTwoDogs
01-01-2020, 10:23 PM
The kid was working at The Veranda and was overhearing things being said in the bar and at tables after games.

If my father earned a multi-million dollar salary I would have to say no to a part time job especially a restaurant job. The money would not be worth the grief that comes from being a kid of a high profile parent.

Kain32
I do not like the direction the program is head and I do think Moorhead should get another year.

Why?

missouridawg

I’m not so sure on the Mizzou hire. He had a great year at App St, but he’s very unproven and won all those games with Satterfields team. I would’ve been irate if we had hired him in this same cycle.

THE Bruce Dickinson
He's a "we can't do that, we are Poor Ole Mittittippi State" fan.

No I am a realist.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 10:24 PM

These two phrases don't really compute...

somebodyshotmypaw
01-01-2020, 10:25 PM

Good point. Maybe Napier decide it's better to stay at ULL for another week, another month, or another year, in order to get the right job fit for him.

mstatefan91
01-01-2020, 10:26 PM
These two phrases don't really compute...

I do think my liver is failing and I do think I'll have another drink.

Rex54
01-01-2020, 10:26 PM
No I am a realist.

No, you're a dumbass

msstatelp1
01-01-2020, 10:27 PM

I can respect that but just curious if you think he could get the program turned around this next year?

Cooterpoot
If we make a change, it's likely Hud.

Really Clark?
No I am a realist.

For 20 years ago. It just doesn’t hold true like you think in this era. Coaches want time but they know at this level and salary they have to put a competitive product on the field. And most are looking to move up faster in today’s game.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 10:28 PM
No I am a realist.

Usually a realist sees the writing on the wall for what it is, and makes change accordingly for future's sake. Chess, not checkers.

CoachT14
01-01-2020, 10:29 PM

And you call yourself a realist? Wow. That's some pure delusional thinking right there.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-01-2020, 10:29 PM
Why?

Because I don't think we are in a position to fire coaches after 2 years that have a winning record (This is a fact).

It's true that I do not like where the program seems to be headed, but from an outsider's perspective it really doesn't seem like he has done all that bad.Maybe a little underwhelming, but not a complete disaster. It could discourage future coaching candidates by making them believe that the fan base's expectations are too high.

If he continues to digress I would be in favor of letting him go next season.

mstatefan91
01-01-2020, 10:31 PM
Because I don't think we are in a position to fire coaches after 2 years that have a winning record (This is a fact).

It's true that I do not like where the program seems to be headed, but from an outsider's perspective it really doesn't seem like he has done all that bad.Maybe a little underwhelming, but not a complete disaster. It could discourage future coaching candidates by making them believe that the fan base's expectations are too high.

You're going to lose a whole lot of revenue while you wait one more year. You're also going to have 2 programs that have been dumpsters for the past 3-4 years gearing back up.. no reason to wait.

CoachT14
01-01-2020, 10:33 PM

Lol. No coach worth their salt is going to be turned off by a fan base that was mad at a guy who underachieved significantly his first two seasons in arguably the schools best years of success.

I'd even argue that most coaches probably assume they would've killed it with our team last year and this year unlike the literal buffoon running our program right now.

Dawgology
01-01-2020, 10:35 PM

So we wouldn't be appealing to coaches who don't like high expectations. I'd be ok with that. I don't see that as a problem at all.

missouridawg
Just now saw this thread and wanted to say a few things.

First, Megan Mullen was a TV personality. Being in front of the camera and in the spotlight is nothing that she wasn?t prepared for. She was a tremendous representative of our school while here.

Second, if we hire Joe a Brady as HC, it will be the riskiest hire in SEC football history. He may be a better version of Nick Saban in the long run, but his resumes is entirely too short on coaching, recruiting, and seeing the way various college programs are run. After watching JoMo try to run this offense... I kinda only want Brady on staff if JoMo is kept. If we hire a new HC.... I want to get as far away from the JoMo offense as possible. It won?t work with the types of players we get. It will work with elite players... and those guys are not choosing to play here regularly.

Third, if you can?t see what Napier has done at ULL and be very impressed, then your perspective on analyzing football is off. What he has done in 2 years there is pretty remarkable. He has experience in both Dabos and Saban program. While I wish he had a few more years running his program at ULL before we offered him.... we are at a position where we might need to roll the dice on someone with the profile of Napier. Napier is probably my favorite choice to replace JoMo. I cannot think of a candidate, that we could legitimately hire, that would look better on paper than him.

Fourth, JoMo sucks ass. But I will argue that his hire wasn?t a bad one, at the time. His experience/success as a HC and big time OC was unrivaled and he interviewed really well. I?m sure Cohen learned a lot, looking back on that process... but JoMo was highly regarded in the field and we were praised for getting him by EVERYONE. It clearly didnt work out cause JoMo has an accountability issue... but at the time of the hire, it wasn?t necessarily a bad one,

Fifth, the biggest miss in our programs history is going to be not offering Scott Satterfield the job in 2017. Watching that Louisville team this year, compared to what they were last year... and it damn near brings me to tears on what might?ve been. We would?ve won a minimum of 10 games last year and 8 games this year with him as coach and there?s really not a lot you could say to change my mind on those numbers.

Finally, I really hope we figure out a way to move on from JoMo. I cannot stand the guy.

Happy New Year.

ETA: I would be content with a Willie Fritz also. HUD would scare me, but I can also see him being our a Orgeron on a smaller scale (rah rah recruiter, hires great coordinators). Chizik would be very underwhelming, but I view him in a similar light as I view HUD.

THE Bruce Dickinson
I can respect that but just curious if you think he could get the program turned around this next year?

It certainly isn't looking great right now. Given the schedule next season, I think he could have some success and end up with a winning record. If we have another season like this one ( suspensions, unpreparedness, etc.) I will feel like we have given him a fair shake, and will support making a change.

RiverCityDawg

If a future coaching candidate doesn't take the time to see WHY we are making a move and/or is scared of expectations, he isn't the right candidate anyway. Any coach worth his salt thinks he can come in here and get the job done. We're not even asking for championships, just beat the teams with inferior talent and put a competent product on the field. Do that and we'll pay you $3-5 million a year. One more year isn't going to open up the candidate pool to guys thinking "oh well they gave Moorhead 3 years so I'll consider it, but if they fired him last year I would not be interested."

Really Clark?
01-01-2020, 10:36 PM

Other coaches see and have specifically stated we have under achieved these last two seasons. Winning record or not, he has under achieved and his peers see that.

But beyond that, we have issues with our culture, discipline and program away from games issues. A lot of our game problems are symptoms of a program problem. That has to be corrected and he has been directly in charge of tearing down the culture that was already established. In just 2 years. It goes beyond just wins and losses and coaches know that the record was worse than it should have been.

Jarius
01-01-2020, 10:37 PM

Waiting until something becomes a complete disaster before correcting a hiring mistake is not how good businesses are run.

Dawgface
01-01-2020, 10:38 PM

Any coach that knows anything about their profession knows Moorhead failed. No way future hires would think we have too high of expectations.

JoseBrown
01-01-2020, 10:39 PM
He did in a way. I believe he said Boosters so that made me wonder what levels and how many. Enough of the power brokers?

Haha, Yea he did. Sorry, cigar boys was my word. I took it as the guys with the money.

MagicDawg
Realist? The realist can tell the difference between win/loss records and a semblance of order and preparation on the field.

It could be argued that it is unreasonable to expect a new offense to be installed and wins to be generated consistently in 2 years. I wouldn't be convinced by that argument, but I could see the basis for the position.

It cannot be argued that what I saw on the field Monday night represents the result of two years of positive culture change. There was constant confusion... not just on defense, but on the side of the ball where you get to dial up the play. There were constant bad decisions. There was an obstinate overuse of a QB who demonstrated repeatedly that he did not have the speed to execute the system of which he was the expert captain. Defense let the Cards convert 3rd and long the whole game. In 60 minutes of game time it looked like we had a team playing on the same page maybe 15-20 minutes.

You don't have to win 10 games to at least look like you planned to be on the field together that day playing a game against an opponent you knew a month ago. Forget the win/loss numbers. Just start by considering the preparation and -- dare I say it -- the relentless effort.

Mullen went 5-7 in 2009, with less talent, and on 1/1/2010 we all knew that our program was heading in the right direction. Not because of 5 wins, but because of how we played and how the culture was changing.

We went 8-5 and 6-7 in 2018 and 2019, with more talent, and there is not a person on earth who would argue that our program has moved anywhere but down.

That's "realism." Looking at reality. We are on a massive slide and need to do something now to change the trajectory.

THE Bruce Dickinson
I do think my liver is failing and I do think I'll have another drink.

"My wife and I have been fighting this week so I am filing for divorce tomorrow"

Analogies are dumb and can always go either way you want to argue it.

FanninDawg
Damn, so much for upgrading my seats!

Rex54
01-01-2020, 10:40 PM
Finally, I really hope we figure out a way to move on from JoMo. I cannot stand the guy.

And this is why I'm confident he's gone. You can't have a fanbase genuinely loathe the head coach on a personal level.

Dawgology
01-01-2020, 10:40 PM
It certainly isn't looking great right now. Given the schedule next season, I think he could have some success and end up with a winning record. If we have another season like this one ( suspensions, unpreparedness, etc.) I will feel like we have given him a fair shake, and will support making a change.

Stop and look at what you are typing. This is where you want our program?

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 10:41 PM
"My wife and I have been fighting this week so I am filing for divorce tomorrow"

How much did winning the EB factor into your position?

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 10:43 PM
No I am a realist.

Realism has little to do with it. We can keep Joe or we can make a change, either will be reality. Now if you want to stand on principle that somehow our national image will be damaged by this you are welcome to feel that way but I don't care what 'some guys" will or won't do, it only matters what the guys will do that we are interested in. And we should have that pretty well guaged given we likely already vetted a lot of their interest through their agents the week of the Egg Bowl. Sitting P5 coaches would probably not be interested under the circumstances but I don't know that we could get a successful sitting P5 HC under any circumstances. Very few G5 HCs or P5 coordinators are going to turn down an SEC job just because the previous HC only got 2 years rather than 3 even though the program was heading on a downward trajectory.

Coach34
01-01-2020, 10:44 PM

We're not firing a coach at this point without knowing who the next coach will be. We'll already have an agreement in place if the trigger is pulled

Rex54
01-01-2020, 10:44 PM

Are you genuinely this dumb?

Marriage is understood to be for life. Not anything like a Head coach.

The analogy is you like a girl and go on a couple dates but it's clearly not clicking so you part ways. A perfectly normal scenario

Maroonthirteen
01-01-2020, 10:46 PM
So ..... who will Gene Chizik bring in as his OC?

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-01-2020, 10:46 PM
How much did winning the EB factor into your position?

Literally none. I think we have always put way too much emphasis on the Egg Bowl.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-01-2020, 10:48 PM
Are you genuinely this dumb?

Marriage is understood to be for life. Not anything like a Head coach.

The analogy is you like a girl and go on a couple dates but it's clearly not clicking so you part ways. A perfectly normal scenario

Marriage is a contract.