PDA

View Full Version : What I Am Hearing...

jwells
01-01-2020, 05:28 PM
It is my understanding that there are conversations being had to remove Joe Moorhead as head coach between high level boosters and the administration. John Cohen and Mark Keenum are open to moving on after discussions over the state of the program.

HailStateSZN19
01-01-2020, 05:28 PM
Here we go again....

Dawgfan77
01-01-2020, 05:29 PM
I heard there was a meeting planned today or tomorrow.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 05:30 PM
I thought he was interviewing for BC?

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 05:31 PM
Here we go again....

Seriously SMH. We stuck. We go thru this again and some folks might actually jump off a real cliff ***

Churchill
01-01-2020, 05:32 PM
I'm not a rocket surgeon but I don't see how this CAN'T happen. We got a damn 4 alarm disaster on our hands.

Todd4State

I'll say this:

I'm not buying any rumors at the moment.

BUT- IF MSU makes a move it will be soon. And knowing MSU we'll let you leave gracefully IF you don't embarrass the University. Moorhead has embarrassed the University with the Shrader/Gay incident and the bowl with all the suspensions and everything. So IF we do make a move he has waived his right to leave gracefully.

jwells

I said they spoke. And they did.

jwells
01-01-2020, 05:34 PM
I heard there was a meeting planned today or tomorrow.

I was just told that the discussions were ongoing and progressing. I do not think Steve Robertson’s rant yesterday was a coincidence.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 05:34 PM
I'll say this:

BUT- IF MSU makes a move it will be soon. And knowing MSU we'll let you leave gracefully IF you don't embarrass the University. Moorhead has embarrassed the University with the Shrader/Gay incident and the bowl with all the suspensions and everything. So IF we do make a move he has waived his right to leave gracefully.

If Joe is fired ... Willie deserves a medal. *** Cause that would probably be the main deciding factor.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 05:35 PM
I'm not a rocket surgeon but I don't see how this CAN'T happen. We got a damn 4 alarm disaster on our hands.

All depends on the boosters. And to a degree the wording in his contract. Things can be waived for "cause" (I guess that's the word) for poor team discipline and embarrassing the school- specifically the Shrader/Gay fight. Especially if he did try to f*** us by saying he would take 4 million to leave and then went back and said he wanted 7 million. That probably wouldn't sit too well if it were me.

Dawgfan77
01-01-2020, 05:35 PM
I was just told that the discussions were ongoing and progressing. I do not think Steve Robertson’s rant yesterday was a coincidence.
All I got is a meeting will or has taken place

jwells
01-01-2020, 05:36 PM
To add...Cohen was upset with the way the team performed in the bowl game after Moorhead assured him the team would be ready to play. President Keenum did not like the image for the program the Gay/Shrader incident gave to the media.

RocketDawg
01-01-2020, 05:37 PM

That makes sense. It's like Steve had permission to air the dirty laundry.

msstatelp1
01-01-2020, 05:38 PM
If something does happen then it shows how weak and pathetic our University's leadership is. They didn't have the balls to pull the plug when they should have but now that we've been totally embarrassed they will.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 05:39 PM
If Joe is fired ... Willie deserves a medal. *** Cause that would probably be the main deciding factor.

LOL. I agree! But let's be honest- it was a team effort with all of the other suspensions too.

I mean- for me personally I spent a lot of money to support our football program and bent over backwards at work so I could go. And then after I committed and showed up- really before because the Gay/Shrader fight happened before I left- I find out that a bunch of players are suspended for who knows what? And then the team looked terrible. And if Joe really did say that Louisville was soft and it motivated them that's also another embarrassing thing to MSU.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 05:39 PM

I will admit I did wonder about that some. Steve do tend to "prepare" the fanbase most of the time. But I also thought there might be a little bit of "I'm tired of this shit" from him in that Boneyard too.

Dawgfan77
01-01-2020, 05:40 PM
Going out on a limb. And I know others know. But ULL playes Monday

BogeyGolfer

That and the Kiffin hire....

Todd4State
To add...Cohen was upset with the way the team performed in the bowl game after Moorhead assured him the team would be ready to play. President Keenum did not like the image for the program the Gay/Shrader incident gave to the media.

All I'll say is I have never been to a MSU football game before where our fans were that visibly pissed off. People weren't booing or anything but you could tell by their expressions that it was just anger.

Paldridge10
01-01-2020, 05:42 PM

Stop with the BS. The Boston College AD said they spoke with 5 guys but JoMo was not one of the names. This dude should be banned for all the lies...

dawgday166
LOL. I agree! But let's be honest- it was a team effort with all of the other suspensions too.

I mean- for me personally I spent a lot of money to support our football program and bent over backwards at work so I could go. And then after I committed and showed up- really before because the Gay/Shrader fight happened before I left- I find out that a bunch of players are suspended for who knows what? And then the team looked terrible. And if Joe really did say that Louisville was soft and it motivated them that's also another embarrassing thing to MSU.

The previous culture has unraveled very rapidly and the culmination was a broken eye socket. That would be the infamous straw that broke the camel's back I'm thinking. That and how much Cohen emphasized himself that this was a "business" trip and it still looked like we hadn't practiced at all during the past month.

RocketDawg
All depends on the boosters. And to a degree the wording in his contract. Things can be waived for "cause" (I guess that's the word) for poor team discipline and embarrassing the school- specifically the Shrader/Gay fight. Especially if he did try to f*** us by saying he would take 4 million to leave and then went back and said he wanted 7 million. That probably wouldn't sit too well if it were me.

I don't know if those things qualify as "cause", but they could. Just guessing, I would think the contract would be quite specific as to what "with cause" would entail.

On the other hand, why would Joe negotiate a buyout when the amount is stated in his contract if he'd done nothing to qualify as "cause"? Would seem that he has the upper hand legally if the university can't come up with a reason to fire with cause.

Todd4State

I bet that had very little to do with it honestly. If we were that worried we would have just made a change after they played their hand.

DawgNamedScuba
01-01-2020, 05:44 PM
I just want to tell everyone what I'm hearing...."I'm a sexy mother****er!"

Sometimes you hear things but it just isn't true.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 05:45 PM
I don't know if those things qualify as "cause", but they could. Just guessing, I would think the contract would be quite specific as to what "with cause" would entail.

On the other hand, why would Joe negotiate a buyout when the amount is stated in his contract if he'd done nothing to qualify as "cause"? Would seem that he has the upper hand legally if the university can't come up with a reason to fire with cause.

I'm probably using the wrong word when I say cause. "Breach of contract" is probably more appropriate. And yeah- I wouldn't have wanted the full amount in a typical situation but for coaches I know a lot of times there is wording about buyouts and how much they can get and sometimes negotiating the buyout down can make it easier for them to go somewhere else because their next employer won't have to pay as much. It all depends on the wording of course.

dawgday166

Not sure they'd take that into too much consideration but ... that came off of obvious cultural problems. Maybe they'd be thinking same thing with our culture now.

While everyone has made fun of him ... with Joe I think Kiffin would take him to the cleaners in Oxford next year unless there is a mass departure of players at OM or something like that.

RougeDawg
If they do make the move I?ll donate an extra sum next year with a message.

-I was getting tired of kicking rocks and pounding. Thank you for sending Sloppy Joe on his way.-

msstate7
These threads should be pissing me off at this point, but I find them hilarious.

jwells
01-01-2020, 05:46 PM
I want to also add it is still up in the air which direction it goes but in my opinion, Moorhead is done. Too much at stake to keep him.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 05:49 PM
These threads should be pissing me off at this point, but I find them hilarious.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a00f5b2b-c8f4-4577-b04c-c5ce6134a96f/gifhttps://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a00f5b2b-c8f4-4577-b04c-c5ce6134a96f/gif#HkuEF_j9yU.copy
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a00f5b2b-c8f4-4577-b04c-c5ce6134a96f#Skqo0_j5JU.copy

Dawgfan77
01-01-2020, 05:52 PM
I want to also add it is still up in the air which direction it goes but in my opinion, Moorhead is done. Too much at stake to keep him.

The meeting hasn?t taken place yet.

Cowbell
01-01-2020, 05:56 PM

Careful!!! I started A thread asking if Willie Gay could be our Elijah Moore and it was quickly locked. I was being serious.

Cowbell
01-01-2020, 05:59 PM
The only discussing should be on how to manage the buyout and who is in charge of the next hire.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Careful!!! I started A thread asking if Willie Gay could be our Elijah Moore and it was quickly locked. I was being serious.

Locked on here?? That kinda surprises me. Like I said, if somehow Joe does go away, I think that was the straw. I don't see him going away just off of another pitiful game performance. Especially after Cohen got behind him after the EB win.

ETA: I still ain't buying anything that will make a difference will change ... like a new HC. I figure some fluff will happen to once again give the appearance of trying to get it going in right direction.

Behrdawg
01-01-2020, 06:02 PM
We are doing shit. We are stuck with him for another season.

WinningIsRelentless
01-01-2020, 06:04 PM
Would make sense now that the early signing period is over. Look at what happened to MS signing class after letting Luke go.

Ari Gold

It was locked because there was no need for the thread to get sideways which it would have.. very quickly...

Rex54
Build a statue of Willie punching Shrader if he is indeed fired

Cowbell
01-01-2020, 06:05 PM
It was locked because there was no need for the thread to get sideways which it would have.. very quickly...

Understandable Ari - didn't mean for it to

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 06:07 PM
That makes sense. It's like Steve had permission to air the dirty laundry.

Exactly, what SR puts out is well coordinated. He was at least laying the groundwork that there are good reasons to consider still making a change in case it does happen.

DLGDawg
01-01-2020, 06:11 PM

I literally lol.
And I have the same opinion. How can this NOT happen at this point.

Coursesuper
01-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Exactly, what SR puts out is well coordinated. He was at least laying the groundwork that there are good reasons to consider still making a change in case it does happen.

You are correct, he doesn't open his mouth without what's coming out getting at least tacit approval.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 06:14 PM
You are correct, he doesn't open his mouth without what's coming out getting at least tacit approval.

So he didn't come out and say it would happen, but that was a different Boneyard. Probably just laying the groundwork for if it somehow happened.

deadheaddawg
01-01-2020, 06:21 PM
lol

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 06:35 PM
All I'll say is I don't understand how we can keep Joe unless our AD has his head completely up his ass on several fronts.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 06:37 PM
I'll say this:

Brother Todd, don't forget They can kick rocks and pound sand, this is my school, my program and my team! That is something I will never forget!

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 06:44 PM
Brother Todd, don't forget They can kick rocks and pound sand, this is my school, my program and my team! That is something I will never forget!

Me either. It was shocking to say the least.

But not surprising considering how oblivious the AD appears at this time.

Dawgfan77
01-01-2020, 06:46 PM
Spoke to deep. No meeting today. Maybe tomorrow. SloMo is safe

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 06:48 PM

His buyout probably got 1 year less today (as I understand it his buyout is whatever is left on his contract).

DLGDawg
01-01-2020, 06:49 PM
So he didn't come out and say it would happen, but that was a different Boneyard. Probably just laying the groundwork for if it somehow happened.

Someone asked Steve if it was too late to make a change this late, is it being discussed etc.
Steve answered saying "it's never to late"

Dawgfan77
01-01-2020, 06:53 PM
5 assistants gone. Possible a 6. 6 actually had an impact last year and this year. We already know of one gone. Don?t shoot the messenger

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 06:54 PM
5 assistants gone. Possible a 6. 6 actually had an impact last year and this year. We already know of one gone. Don?t shoot the messenger

I hate you.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 06:54 PM

So I'm thinking that with Joe's large Rolodex and his pedigree from the last 2 years, upgrading assistants will be a piece of cake **** Nothing but another "business trip".

Rex54
01-01-2020, 06:56 PM

Lol what a clown show.

**** Joe Moorhead. I legit hate him.

TrapGame
01-01-2020, 07:04 PM
Spoke to deep. No meeting today. Maybe tomorrow. SloMo is safe

Cohen and Keenum are allowing the football program to be slowly strangled to death by Joe Moorhead. We will eventually fire this doofus who will walk away with a few million in the bank and wind up back in Yankee Land at another HC job somewhere. While we rebuild what he destroyed.

jwells
01-01-2020, 07:19 PM

From what I heard, this was the case before the bowl game. But the non performance changes things quite a bit. The fight got everyone on the same page. No more embarassment from JoeMo and his program

Dawg2003
01-01-2020, 07:39 PM
The longer he stays, the more entrenched the discipline problems get. The less development the players get.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2020, 07:39 PM
All I'll say is I have never been to a MSU football game before where our fans were that visibly pissed off. People weren't booing or anything but you could tell by their expressions that it was just anger.

I talked to the guy next to me and I said to him that I am really surprise there was not boo's from our fans with the offense. I think most MSU fans went because it was in Nashville. Other then the game it was a really good experience. The guys sitting next to me might be Elite Dawgs guys. I usually ask but I did not this time.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2020, 07:41 PM
Cohen and Keenum are allowing the football program to be slowly strangled to death by Joe Moorhead. We will eventually fire this doofus who will walk away with a few million in the bank and wind up back in Yankee Land at another HC job somewhere. While we rebuild what he destroyed.

We should pay him the full buy out. He will be coaching somewhere soon as a OC or Hc and that salary would offset what we have to pay him.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2020, 07:42 PM
Someone asked Steve if it was too late to make a change this late, is it being discussed etc.
Steve answered saying "it's never to late"

Hell no it isn't. Our recruiting class has signed unless there is some crazy NCAA rule that would let them out of their letter of intent.

Coursesuper
01-01-2020, 07:42 PM

I heard that same info verbatim less than a week after the egg.

parabrave
01-01-2020, 07:47 PM

Are you reposting Texas boards because thats what Herman did today.

Hambone
01-01-2020, 08:14 PM
Hate to tell you Jack, but that is exactly what would happen.

If we fired JoMo, that entire class is free to sign with whoever else they would want to. Early enrollees could leave as well

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 08:14 PM
Hell no it isn't. Our recruiting class has signed unless there is some crazy NCAA rule that would let them out of their letter of intent.

There is.

Tbonewannabe
01-01-2020, 08:21 PM

If we fired JoMo, that entire class is free to sign with whoever else they would want to. Early enrollees could leave as well

But they would have to have a landing spot somewhere. Ole Miss has open spots but I would imagine our new coach would try to keep them. It is actually a lot easier to keep the class now than a week or so before signing day. Look what happened to Ark class.

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2020, 08:22 PM

My guess is that we would lose a handful, but nothing of real interest.

MarketingBully
01-01-2020, 08:29 PM

That’s incorrect on early enrollees. They are considered MSU students and would basically be subject to the same rules as a transfer.

KB21
01-01-2020, 08:32 PM
But they would have to have a landing spot somewhere. Ole Miss has open spots but I would imagine our new coach would try to keep them. It is actually a lot easier to keep the class now than a week or so before signing day. Look what happened to Ark class.

Yes. Also, if you make a move now, it gives the new coach a chance to start building relationships with the 2021 recruits.

Really Clark?
01-01-2020, 09:28 PM

No they are not. There is absolutely no rule that allows them out of their NLI because of a coaching change. They can request a release but we have to grant it. They are NOT guaranteed an automatic release because of a coaching change. There is no rule that allows that

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 09:35 PM

Horse shit. You might lose 2 or 3 that’s it. Do it now or you will lose later.

dawg24
01-01-2020, 09:37 PM
looks like joe might get dragged out yet

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-01-2020, 09:38 PM
Lets assume its worst case and all our signers can leave. We have 2 options:

1) keep Joe, have a god awful '20 season where the culture declines even more, then have the new coach scramble to hold the class together.

2) fire Joe now, have the new coach try to convince the signees to stay, have '20 build towards something, and give him time to build relationships with the next class.

The choice is clear

Percho
01-01-2020, 09:40 PM
If something does happen then it shows how weak and pathetic our University's leadership is. They didn't have the balls to pull the plug when they should have but now that we've been totally embarrassed they will.

If something happens, just be thankful that the light came on.

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 09:42 PM
No they are not. There is absolutely no rule that allows them out of their NLI because of a coaching change. They can request a release but we have to grant it. They are NOT guaranteed an automatic release because of a coaching change. There is no rule that allows that

We would release them if they wanted. Heck, we let Harrison Brooks out of his with NO coaching change just because Mommy was pitching a hissy fit. You don't really want a player that is forced to still come here after a coaching change anyway. They would be resentful.

Dawgface
01-01-2020, 09:47 PM
All recruits would have a conversation with new coach. Highly unlikely more than a couple would ask for a release.

Really Clark?
01-01-2020, 10:00 PM
We would release them if they wanted. Heck, we let Harrison Brooks out of his with NO coaching change just because Mommy was pitching a hissy fit. You don't really want a player that is forced to still come here after a coaching change anyway. They would be resentful.

First off, the poster I responded too seemed to think they automatically are granted a release because of a change and they all would leave. That?s completely false.

Secondly, the majority of our recruits would not even request a release. They will talk to the new coach but a majority want to be here any way.

Lastly, a few MIGHT request a release and we probably would release a few but we don?t have to release all of them or any of them.

I agree with the thought that you let the ones go who don?t want to be here, but they don?t get an automatic release granted and we don?t have to release them.

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 12:01 AM
The longer he stays, the more entrenched the discipline problems get. The less development the players get.

Exactly. Once you lose the respect of the kids you will never get it back. We need to torch the barn and kill the rats. We have a major culture problem, we didnt have one till Moorhead got here

Coach34
01-02-2020, 12:07 AM

This is incorrect.

maroonmania
01-02-2020, 12:11 AM
First off, the poster I responded too seemed to think they automatically are granted a release because of a change and they all would leave. That?s completely false.

Secondly, the majority of our recruits would not even request a release. They will talk to the new coach but a majority want to be here any way.

Lastly, a few MIGHT request a release and we probably would release a few but we don?t have to release all of them or any of them.

I agree with the thought that you let the ones go who don?t want to be here, but they don?t get an automatic release granted and we don?t have to release them.

Agree on all

NWADAWG
01-02-2020, 12:18 AM
It is my understanding that there are conversations being had to remove Joe Moorhead as head coach between high level boosters and the administration. John Cohen and Mark Keenum are open to moving on after discussions over the state of the program.

I'm not saying I buy this but if it works out where we get to beat rebs and only have to stink it up in the bowl game to get a new coach, that is a better rout.

deadheaddawg
01-02-2020, 12:23 AM

Serious question.

If they can ask and we have to grant it, how is that not automatic? Sounds like it's guaranteed too. What am I missing?

KOdawg1
01-02-2020, 12:30 AM
I'm not saying I buy this but if it works out where we get to beat rebs and only have to stink it up in the bowl game to get a new coach, that is a better rout.
The best route would have been to fire him after beating the Rebs so we could have had an interim or new coach coach the bowl game. That was the best route.

The other route would work too though.

mstatefan91
01-02-2020, 12:31 AM
Serious question.

If they can ask and we have to grant it, how is that not automatic? Sounds like it's guaranteed too. What am I missing?
We don't have to grant it.. We aren't obligated to do so.. the signee requesting does not mean they are automatically released.

But it isn't as if MSU is going to keep a signee that genuinely doesn't want to be here due to a coaching change. Ideally, we would say "no, wait and talk to the new coach and we will talk again about this." If they are adamant.. I'm sure we would release.

You're just reading the post incorrectly. We have to grant it for them to be released but nothing is forcing our hand to grant it other than not wanting a player that doesn't want to be here himself.

HailStateSZN19
01-02-2020, 12:34 AM
The best route would have been to fire him after beating the Rebs so we could have had an interim or new coach coach the bowl game. That was the best route.

The other route would work too though.

This also appears to be the cheaper route because the buyout number apparently went down once it became January 1 of 2020. So we kept the EB but got embarrassed in the bowl game but now apparently would save money on the buyout since it's now 2020.

Crazy how this might work out. Keep the Golden Egg, make a bowl game (although we lose it), still get rid of Joe, and owe less money for the buyout now.

Really Clark?
01-02-2020, 12:35 AM
Serious question.

I meant we don’t have to grant it. My bad

Todd4State
01-02-2020, 12:39 AM
This also appears to be the cheaper route because the buyout number apparently went down once it became January 1 of 2020. So we kept the EB but got embarrassed in the bowl game but now apparently would save money on the buyout since it's now 2020.

Crazy how this might work out. Keep the Golden Egg, make a bowl game (although we lose it), still get rid of Joe, and owe less money for the buyout now.

It really would be. Perhaps the most bizarre December in January in Mississippi college football history if it plays out like that when you consider what happened with Ole Miss as well.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2020, 12:43 AM
I'm sorry for piling on, but when I see jwells say "what I'm hearing", all I picture is this being him....

https://www.margaretstreetchurchofchrist.org/hp_wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/no-ears.png

#AintHeardShit

bulldawg28
01-02-2020, 12:51 AM
I'm sorry for piling on, but when I see jwells say "what I'm hearing", all I picture is this being him....

https://www.margaretstreetchurchofchrist.org/hp_wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/no-ears.png

#AintHeardShit

Lol

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 06:54 AM
Serious question.

We are actually in a solid position.

We would certainly grant permission for any signee to move on, but we get to control the timing of that release.

Meaning, let's say a signee asked to be released on Monday before the new coach is hired. We can tell him that we'd be happy to release him, but we want our new coach to have a chance to build a relationship with him first.

We can buy time for our new coach by delaying how quickly we release guys. That's the right move.

Cowbell
01-02-2020, 07:08 AM
We are actually in a solid position.

We would certainly grant permission for any signee to move on, but we get to control the timing of that release.

Meaning, let's say a signee asked to be released on Monday before the new coach is hired. We can tell him that we'd be happy to release him, but we want our new coach to have a chance to build a relationship with him first.

We can buy time for our new coach by delaying how quickly we release guys. That's the right move.

Could we prolong until after NSD?

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 07:10 AM

I'm not sure but I don't think other staffs can contact our signees until we release them.

Point being, we do ourselves a favor to make sure the new coach has ample opportunity to sell his vision to our signees before we release them.

If we hire the right guy, it shouldn't be hard.

smootness
01-02-2020, 07:48 AM

We would be raked over the coals, and rightfully so, if we did that.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 07:55 AM

Agree but that doesn't mean we can't wait a couple of weeks to allow our new coach the opportunity to sell his vision and get in the homes with our signees.

Cowbell
01-02-2020, 07:58 AM

Oh I agree, but was wondering if it was legal

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 10:13 AM

Are you being sarcastic here???

Really Clark?
01-02-2020, 10:20 AM
Oh I agree, but was wondering if it was legal

There is no set time frame for us to reject or grant a release. However, we wouldn’t prolong a decision. For a couple of reasons. Mainly, it is an unnecessary bad optics to delay just to wait after national signing day. Also, the athlete has a right to appeal a decision to not grant a release to the NCAA. That appeal could take up to 2 months, so you will need to give them an answer quickly so they can start the appeal procedure, if they decide to do so.