PDA

View Full Version : Well, what do we need with our new staff?

Lord McBuckethead
01-01-2020, 03:51 PM
Let's say for a second that we cannot bring Hud or Napier in to turn this thing around.
We obviously need the following:

1. Offensive Coordinator - that designs and calls plays
2. Special Teams Coach - That covers at least the basics of special teams.
3. Game Planning Staff - Someone to plan for our next opponent, especially when our current coaching staff takes off the weeks on bi-weeks and bowl prep. I mean, 0-5 with weeks off with almost all games being lost by 10+ points.

Let the head coach focus on recruiting and discipline only. Or maybe bring in some staff that are just straight hard asses to nip this shit in the bud.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 03:57 PM
Nothing. Anyone that thinks an OC is going to help is dreaming IMO. ST & S&C may need upgrades tho. So those might help. As far as offensive game planning ... who do you think will run that regardless of who the OC is. And Moorhead doesn't like that part of the job near as I can tell or ... he just thinks if he shows up with his offense no team should be able to stop us.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2020, 04:03 PM
Until we get a new HC nothing else matters

Goldendawg
01-01-2020, 04:07 PM

Rep given. It is a shame we are giving million$ to an on the job training "HC" in the SEC. Have sand and rock duty again in 20/20.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2020, 04:11 PM

Crazy isn't it? Seems so painfully obvious to everyone. I just don't know what Cohen is thinking. Byrne would have axed him after the Egg.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 04:36 PM
Crazy isn't it? Seems so painfully obvious to everyone. I just don't know what Cohen is thinking. Byrne would have axed him after the Egg.

Cohen is probably hoping that getting rid of a few bad apples through graduation or other means and some adjustments to the staff will turn it around.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 04:38 PM
We need a S&C coach. Number two would be special teams realistically for me because Joe won't get a full time OC. Someone that he trusts to call some plays is the best we can hope for.

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 04:50 PM
Let's say for a second that we cannot bring Hud or Napier in to turn this thing around.
We obviously need the following:

1. Offensive Coordinator - that designs and calls plays
2. Special Teams Coach - That covers at least the basics of special teams.
3. Game Planning Staff - Someone to plan for our next opponent, especially when our current coaching staff takes off the weeks on bi-weeks and bowl prep. I mean, 0-5 with weeks off with almost all games being lost by 10+ points.

Let the head coach focus on recruiting and discipline only. Or maybe bring in some staff that are just straight hard asses to nip this shit in the bud.

https://i.postimg.cc/3JPGPpsM/Bad-Idea.gif

defiantdog
01-01-2020, 05:00 PM
The team has forgotten the basics..... DBs not playing the inside shoulder, LBs not dropping back far enough in zone coverage, gap assignments on defense, receivers finishing routes (not jogging through coverage), confusion on block assignments, etc. Hell, Willie Gay played on every special teams play and we needed him. He hustles and gets to the ball. We've lost that effort from the team and coaching can fix that.

deltadawg99
01-01-2020, 05:05 PM
1. S&C coach is an absolute must. That staff works hand in hand with the players daily and sets the culture. We’re soft and play with minimal effort & discipline.

2. Special Teams - been a total joke

3. LB - whoever it is needs to be a hardware. We have too many nice guys on the staff and not enough tough guys.

An OC would do absolutely nothing and is a complete insult to our brilliant offensive guru Head Coach.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 05:08 PM
The team has forgotten the basics..... DBs not playing the inside shoulder, LBs not dropping back far enough in zone coverage, gap assignments on defense, receivers finishing routes (not jogging through coverage), confusion on block assignments, etc. Hell, Willie Gay played on every special teams play and we needed him. He hustles and gets to the ball. We've lost that effort from the team and coaching can fix that.

Willie Gay, Kobe Jones, and KT would be the first three guys I would tell to leave the team. KT is a good guy but his situation has become a distraction. I would tell Gay to go pro and if he doesn't want to do that he needs to go somewhere else. Kobe is Gay's friend and he may actually improve his behavior without Gay.

I know some will disagree but the only way I know to get control back is to get rid of those that are currently running the asylum.

Coursesuper
01-01-2020, 05:10 PM

This is correct!

HRTFXR
01-01-2020, 05:10 PM
T&L podcast made a great point. Who in their right mind would sign up for what is likely to be a 1 year Assistant Coach job?

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 05:14 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/c4NhnpJt/Guy-gets-it.gif

Coursesuper
01-01-2020, 05:17 PM
T&L podcast made a great point. Who in their right mind would sign up for what is likely to be a 1 year Assistant Coach job?

That is the problem now isn't it. Micromanaging this situation makes absolutely zero sense, this will go over like a turd in a punch bowl. Taking this route never works at any level, ever!