PDA

View Full Version : OT: In honor of Halloween, what is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2013, 07:16 AM
I think because I was so much younger when I saw then my choices have to be Halloween and the first couple of Friday the 13th movies. I have never seen The Exorcist all the way through so I can't use it. Cujo was a strong contender too. Still need to see The Conjuring but heard it is good.

FlabLoser
10-31-2013, 07:24 AM
Blair Witch Project

** Spoiler below *****

But only if you believe its real. I thought it was real when I watched it.

BulldogBear
10-31-2013, 07:46 AM
That SC rapping/singing girl on the other thread

biscuit
10-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Titanic

TopDog58
10-31-2013, 08:10 AM
Faces of Death.

Real death footage! Or not. I remember watching those as a kid. If memory serves one of the scenarios was at the "University of Southern Mississippi" where a student died after bungee jumping off a dorm building and they miscalculated the length because the building didn't have a 13th floor. Is there even a 13+ story building in the Burg?

CJDAWG85
10-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Tie between Maine and La Tech games. Couldn't sleep for weeks...

Dawg61
10-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Not too scary now but I think the first Alien movie with Sigourney Weaver is one of the best movies ever made. The movie is so quiet for most of it that it makes it incredibly suspenseful.

Majors42
10-31-2013, 08:41 AM
The strangers. That movie Freaked me out man

Tbonewannabe
10-31-2013, 08:47 AM
+1. The strangers is crazy creepy. Makes me want to take my pistol everywhere I go.

LiterallyPolice
10-31-2013, 08:52 AM
I haven't seen this film, but two people (my sister and good friend) have told me it's the scariest film they've seen: The Orphanage

Apparently it's a Spanish film from a few years back. I personally hate scary movies, so I won't be seeing it... but thought some of you may be interested.

To clarify, they described it as one of those movies that freaks you out and leaves a lasting impression, rather than the traditional slasher or "who's hiding in the dark" type of film.

John Farley
10-31-2013, 09:08 AM
The Blind Side

Barking 13
10-31-2013, 09:10 AM
funny true story: (and I'm going to date myself) When the Exorcist came out, they couldn't show it in the theater, so they had to show it at the drive-in (some / most of you won't know what I'm talking about)
I went by myself because it was a last minute deal and all my buddies were doing something else (before instant communication) So, I had just finished a couple bong hits in my El Camino, and I'm deep into the movie. Just about the time the chick spins her head around, out of nowhere, an aquaintence came up and opened my passenger door... scared the ever lovin' shit out of me.. he was like, " man, you got any weed?" lol

FlabLoser
10-31-2013, 09:24 AM
A great Halloween season movie is Let Me In. Watch the foreign version. I NEVER watch subtitled movies, but this was outstanding. Great, great movie that happens to be somewhat scary.

RBritt
10-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Silver Bullet. I believe I was 5 in 1986 and my friend has a spend the night birthday party. So Silver Bullet was the movie of choice. I got so scared and freaked out my mom was called to get me. Still scared to death of wolves. I think I finally watched Silver Bullet all the way through in 1996. Scared the shit out of my ass.

biscuit
10-31-2013, 10:21 AM
A great Halloween season movie is Let Me In. Watch the foreign version. I NEVER watch subtitled movies, but this was outstanding. Great, great movie that happens to be somewhat scary.

Not really that scary of a movie, but a dam good one.

Coach34
10-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Halloween scared the shit out of me- watched it when I was 10. It just freaked me out with the breathing and shit- not to mention my father would do that shit to mess with me afterwards. (Yes, my asshole nature was inherited)