PDA

View Full Version : Knowing what you know

Msujd164
01-01-2020, 12:55 PM
personally, without explaining anything or ?sources?, give a percentage on Joe being our coach when we kick off against New Mexico.

I say 98.375%

CoachT14
01-01-2020, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately for the program, the future of the program, the fans, and the players..... I'd say somewhere around 85-90%. Our athletic department is clueless.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 12:58 PM
I'd say 75%.

The lack of rumors right now is weird. Makes me feel like Keenum & Cohen may have gone into a bunker to figure this out.

Problem is there is nothing to figure out. It's the simplest, easiest decision I've ever seen. You have to fire him. He's incompetent

That being said, I've never felt more helpless as an MSU fan. Feels like the athletic department is a biased jury.

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 12:58 PM
100% Chance he will be the coach and 100% chance we will go no better than 5-7.

Coursesuper
01-01-2020, 01:00 PM
Sadly 100%.

Dawgfan77
01-01-2020, 01:01 PM
60%

CoachT14
01-01-2020, 01:01 PM

I've been trying to tell a few friends of mine, there's a fairly likely scenario we win 4 games next year. And there's a chance, albeit extremely small, that we only win 3.

Mjoelner34
01-01-2020, 01:08 PM
Unfortunately 100%.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-01-2020, 01:08 PM
I'd say 75%.

The lack of rumors right now is weird. Makes me feel like Keenum & Cohen may have gone into a bunker to figure this out.

Problem is there is nothing to figure out. It's the simplest, easiest decision I've ever seen. You have to fire him. He's incompetent

That being said, I've never felt more helpless as an MSU fan. Feels like the athletic department is a biased jury.

Or, theres just no rumors because Cohen and Keenum made it clear that Joe will stay no matter what.

Seems far more likely to me than what your saying, which is that they're being extra quiet to avoid a PR disaster and somehow are also being so good at closing out leaks that not s peep has been brought to the board.

gtowndawg
01-01-2020, 01:12 PM

This. Anything else is a total pipe dream.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 01:14 PM
Or, theres just no rumors because Cohen and Keenum made it clear that Joe will stay no matter what.

Seems far more likely to me than what your saying, which is that they're being extra quiet to avoid a PR disaster and somehow are also being so good at closing out leaks that not s peep has been brought to the board.

Possibly. We'll know soon due to what they do with the assistants.

Even if they are keeping Joe, they've got be trying to figure this out. He obviously needs tons of help to even have a chance

Rex54
01-01-2020, 01:15 PM
49.9999999%

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 01:16 PM
Probably won't hear about anything to do with the assistants until the coaches convention.

Bothrops
01-01-2020, 01:16 PM
He will be the coach. I think some needed changes may help, but not enough to get a bowl again. Everyone that is normally beatable is better next year. Everybody

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 01:18 PM
He will be the coach. I think some needed changes may help, but not enough to get a bowl again. Everyone is better next year. Everybody

If this is the limits of our administration's decision making capabilities, then their heads need to roll.

msstatelp1
01-01-2020, 01:18 PM
99.5% and the .5% is only in case something non-football related keeps him off the field.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 01:22 PM
If you pray for people you love, the greatest thing you could pray for them is that they receive the same job security as Joe Moorhead. Hard to receive more than that in life

Rex54
01-01-2020, 01:25 PM
If you pray for people you love, the greatest thing you could pray for them is that they receive the same job security as Joe Moorhead. Hard to receive more than that in life

For the sake of all the business owners in Starkville you should pray his ass gets fired.

Again, how is the Starkville Chamber of Commerce not organizing a pitchfork march through campus.

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 01:27 PM
49.9999999%

I'll go with this as a non insider who only has my gut to rely on and this board that has others who know more than I do with the goings on. I think the leaks burned Cohen and the Cigar boys a while back and now the silence coming from the AD dept is quite interesting to me. It makes me believe confidential discussions are happening with ass kicking threats to anybody who leaks.

At this point, I just have to believe the pressure has to be weighing a ton on the decision makers to make a move. We'll see.

Dawgology
01-01-2020, 01:33 PM
99%. If it was Byrne or even Strick he would be gone. But this is an AD from the tree of LT and a President that is afraid to make a move. He will get another year or two. They will try to misdirect us with women’s basketball and baseball. The football program will be in shambles and in 2 years we are probably replacing JoMo and Cohen with a lot of pressure on the President of the university as well.

msudawg1200
01-01-2020, 01:42 PM
99.999999999%. The reason I say that instead of 100% is because there is always the chance with anyone of unexpected death or illness. He is our coach for next year barring that happening. Our administration made that choice after the Egg Bowl when we were told to kick rocks or pound sand.

TrapGame
01-01-2020, 01:50 PM
100%

We will keep Joe until 2021. We will be force fed bull about 2021 being "the year". Then it will be another disappointment. By the time we do get another coach it will be a rebuild b/c our culture will be crap. We'll have some talent with zero discipline.

Pinto
01-01-2020, 01:51 PM
69% cause we’re getting screwed either way. 100% he will be back and we will only win 4 games, the egg bowl will not be one of them.

Bdawg
01-01-2020, 01:56 PM
Probably won't hear about anything to do with the assistants until the coaches convention.

Why not go ahead and fire them though. I figure that will be good for us and the coaches looking for a job.

CoachT14
01-01-2020, 01:58 PM
Why not go ahead and fire them though. I figure that will be good for us and the coaches looking for a job.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit if the only change we see is with LB's obviously. But ST. Joe Moorhead is stubborn and obviously believes he's perfect and the problem is the "vocal minority" of fans not him. I could see us making minimal changes and selling it as big changes.

Bdawg
01-01-2020, 02:09 PM
It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit if the only change we see is with LB's obviously. But ST. Joe Moorhead is stubborn and obviously believes he's perfect and the problem is the "vocal minority" of fans not him. I could see us making minimal changes and selling it as big changes.

It better be at bare minimum ST and S&C. I saw some picks on twitter at some our guys at the water park and we don't look anything like we did i the past. Might even call some of them pudgy and that's excluding linemen. Feels like we've taken all our reputation about hard working and blue collar and threw it out the window.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 02:12 PM
It better be at bare minimum ST and S&C. I saw some picks on twitter at some our guys at the water park and we don't look anything like we did i the past. Might even call some of them pudgy and that's excluding linemen. Feels like we've taken all our reputation about hard working and blue collar and threw it out the window.

Won't work. Replacing assistants won't 17ing work. Stop calling for it. It won't work

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 02:15 PM
Won't work. Replacing assistants won't 17ing work. Stop calling for it. It won't work

Yep, too many rocks in the head of the HC for that to work. gotta clean house and be shed of it all.

Hambone
01-01-2020, 02:17 PM
That’s right, Shotgun. I mean, look at LSU, they made assistant changes and...... oh wait, bad example.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 02:20 PM
That’s right, Shotgun. I mean, look at LSU, they made assistant changes and...... oh wait, bad example.

LSU didn't have a culture problem. They improved an already good program. Culture problems are a different animal.

Just the fact that you thought these were similar enough situation to type that post show me that you are absolutely clueless. Completely clueless about what it take to win.

lefty96
01-01-2020, 02:23 PM
102%

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 02:27 PM
I'll go with this as a non insider who only has my gut to rely on and this board that has others who know more than I do with the goings on. I think the leaks burned Cohen and the Cigar boys a while back and now the silence coming from the AD dept is quite interesting to me. It makes me believe confidential discussions are happening with ass kicking threats to anybody who leaks.

At this point, I just have to believe the pressure has to be weighing a ton on the decision makers to make a move. We'll see.

I certainly hope you?re right but I believe you?re reading to much into it. Cohen and Keenum don?t have the testicular fortitude to do the right thing by everyone involved. Let?s not forget. Joe Moorhead has made 6 million dollars in 2 years and would receive a buyout. He would be filthy rich. So he isn?t losing.

Bdawg
01-01-2020, 02:31 PM

I didn't say it would. He would have been fired if it were me, unless money is holding us back. But if he is staying, you got to something with those two aspects at a bare minimum.

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 02:32 PM
I certainly hope you?re right but I believe you?re reading to much into it. Cohen and Keenum don?t have the testicular fortitude to do the right thing by everyone involved. Let?s not forget. Joe Moorhead has made 6 million dollars in 2 years and would receive a buyout. He would be filthy rich. So he isn?t losing.

My uninformed and 100% speculative prediction says IT will happen on Monday the 6th of January 2020. Until then there will be continued gnashing of teeth.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-01-2020, 02:46 PM

Thompson and Lewis were sporting dad bods this year. Looked closer to beer league softball players, not Division 1 football players

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 02:52 PM
I say 95%. Remember from Cohen's perspective he went through something similar as our baseball coach and turned it around.

Of course Joe probably won't be able to do the same thing.

Bdawg
01-01-2020, 02:54 PM
Thompson and Lewis were sporting dad bods this year. Looked closer to beer league softball players, not Division 1 football players

Quite sad looking.

Hambone
01-01-2020, 03:14 PM
No, I’m arguing you saying that changing assistants won’t work.

Did we have a “culture” problem when we hired Peter Simeon? No, we did not, but guess what happened when we hired a different assistant?

Quit being a turd when someone disagrees with you.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 03:17 PM
No, I’m arguing you saying that changing assistants won’t work.

Did we have a “culture” problem when we hired Peter Simeon? No, we did not, but guess what happened when we hired a different assistant?

Quit being a turd when someone disagrees with you.

I suspect a new S&C coach would have the biggest impact for us next year to be honest. With the right coach there we could look drastically better on the field. It's pretty reasonable to believe we will be better on special teams with a ln upgrade there.

defiantdog
01-01-2020, 03:23 PM
50%..... I don't think the proper assistants are there for the taking, and I believe Joe has lost the team.

dawgday166
01-01-2020, 03:29 PM
100% without a doubt.

Cowbell
01-01-2020, 03:33 PM
50%..... I don't think the proper assistants are there for the taking, and I believe Joe has lost the team.

Wouldn't it be hard for a competent coach to take a job under joe knowing how the fan base feels about him?! I agree the options would be narrowed to those seeking employment due to desperation.

Bdawg
01-01-2020, 03:45 PM
I suspect a new S&C coach would have the biggest impact for us next year to be honest. With the right coach there we could look drastically better on the field. It's pretty reasonable to believe we will be better on special teams with a ln upgrade there.

I don't know if our injuries were due to S&Cing or just bad luck but being in better shape dang sure can't hurt. Toughness mentally and physically need to be very high on our fix list.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-01-2020, 04:51 PM
I wonder if all of these folks saying 100% have ever been to a funeral? Just curious.

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 04:55 PM
I don't know if our injuries were due to S&Cing or just bad luck but being in better shape dang sure can't hurt. Toughness mentally and physically need to be very high on our fix list.

S&C goes beyond injury prevention. That's only part of it and it certainly does not eliminate injuries. For me in our case it's about becoming more athletic. How many times did we see our guys get out of position and unable to recover? Chase the QB and unable to catch them? Offensive linemen get run around? Gassed at the end of the game? And of course as you said we weren't physical enough.

RougeDawg
01-01-2020, 06:55 PM
25%. The silence is deafening.

If a change is not made, we will suck until these boosters are no longer around.