PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt

Cowbell
01-01-2020, 11:38 AM
I find it odd that Matt hasn't had a show yet since the game. Post-game ended quickly and then nothing from his media. I enjoy his takes but I'm going to assume he has nothing positive to say and is just taking the high road, which he often does.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 11:39 AM
Matt is taking the high road and I don't blame him, he get's a check from the Athletic Dept.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 11:41 AM
I wish we had more outspoken media that didn't rely on the athletic department for some type of access or payment.

It dampens the criticism & creates a situation where the people in athletic department don't see reality because everyone is on payroll

MagicDawg
01-01-2020, 11:46 AM
I saw his comment earlier about bad fans deleting their Twitter accounts, etc.

I think the world of MW... BUT... it doesn't take a football guru to see that the wheels have fallen off this program, nor does it make anyone a bad fan to recognize and express disagreement with BAD DECISIONS made by leaders. A continuing set of bad decisions -- that is the whole reason anyone loses TRUST in an administration. We didn't go into this hoping to distrust them -- it's the fruit borne of their decisions!

TrapGame
01-01-2020, 12:26 PM
I listened to the first quarter on the radio. Matt was giving some mild criticism to Joe's play calling. He was seeing defensive formations that should been clearly recognized not only by Stevens but Joe. His coaches in the booth should have been screaming in their headsets. I could tell Matt was doing his best to sound optimistic but you could hear the sighs and exasperation after every play.

Jacksondevildog
01-01-2020, 12:29 PM
Matt won?t say anything negative. But on the other hand, Bart Gregory and Charlie Linfield were pissed on the post game show. They were extremely critical and it was good to hear that from someone being paid by MSU.

parabrave
01-01-2020, 12:49 PM
I wish we had more outspoken media that didn't rely on the athletic department for some type of access or payment.

It dampens the criticism & creates a situation where the people in athletic department don't see reality because everyone is on payroll

Listening to Neal call the game there were more than one WTF being asked during the broadcast. But Neal let him off the hook in his post game interview.

Mjoelner34
01-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Listening to Neal call the game there were more than one WTF being asked during the broadcast. But Neal let him off the hook in his post game interview.

Yeah, that postgame interview reminded me of Gene or Yancy asking recruits about their dance moves or their favorite pizza.

confucius say
01-01-2020, 01:28 PM
Steve was very critical on boneyard
Hadad and Joel were critical on T&L
Matt will be when his show comes back on.
Bo bounds will be too

Everybody I have heard has said it is a train wreck. The common message has been that there is a culture problem

Cowbell
01-01-2020, 01:41 PM
Matt won?t say anything negative. But on the other hand, Bart Gregory and Charlie Linfield were pissed on the post game show. They were extremely critical and it was good to hear that from someone being paid by MSU.

I caught most of this and you are dead on. Charlie was livid and Bart was trying to keep him between the white lines. I loved the authenticity.

RocketDawg
01-01-2020, 01:41 PM

Yes, they were very outspoken. They came back after a commercial break and had calmed down some. Made me wonder if somebody had told them to cool it a bit.

RocketDawg
01-01-2020, 01:44 PM
I'm not familiar with Charie Linfield, other than having heard the post-game show with him and Bart Gregory. Who is he? He was certainly very outspoken.

Coursesuper
01-01-2020, 01:49 PM
I'm not familiar with Charie Linfield, other than having heard the post-game show with him and Bart Gregory. Who is he? He was certainly very outspoken.

Lawyer from Starkville.

Mjoelner34
01-01-2020, 01:51 PM
I heard that too. Charlie was pissed! And its Winfield.

hp22
01-01-2020, 03:31 PM
I find it odd that Matt hasn't had a show yet since the game. Post-game ended quickly and then nothing from his media. I enjoy his takes but I'm going to assume he has nothing positive to say and is just taking the high road, which he often does.

Matt made some critical comments throughout the game. He was professionally critical. Hell, even Bart made some critical comments.

There's a crap ton that are simply tired of it all.

HaggardDawg
01-01-2020, 05:18 PM
So talked I talked to my NFL source yesterday and I asked his opinion on our situation. His exact words were "State has a clown show for a staff, especially Moorhead". I started naming names of coaches that should be retained and he said "you don't retain anyone on that staff, they all suck". He said our entire football program is filled with a bunch of frauds right now and it's a shame to see it. Apparently Joe Judge interviewed for the NY Giants HEAD coaching position. Yes you heard that right, the head coach position. Damn if he's good enough for them to take a chance on, he should be good enough for us.

Bdawg
01-01-2020, 06:00 PM
So talked I talked to my NFL source yesterday and I asked his opinion on our situation. His exact words were "State has a clown show for a staff, especially Moorhead". I started naming names of coaches that should be retained and he said "you don't retain anyone on that staff, they all suck". He said our entire football program is filled with a bunch of frauds right now and it's a shame to see it. Apparently Joe Judge interviewed for the NY Giants HEAD coaching position. Yes you heard that right, the head coach position. Damn if he's good enough for them to take a chance on, he should be good enough for us.

Just offensive side? Defensive side has a couple good coaches surely?

HaggardDawg
01-01-2020, 06:05 PM
Bunch of players coaches that want to be buddies on that side as well as offense.

was21
01-01-2020, 06:05 PM
Neal Price needs to go...he is actually still a Kentucky guy and has an aggravating high pitched voice that is actually annoying

Captain Falcon
01-01-2020, 06:25 PM
Neal Price needs to go...he is actually still a Kentucky guy and has an aggravating high pitched voice that is actually annoying

This is a joke right? Price is great at his job. And you’ll probably have him for all three sports once Jim retires from baseball.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 06:29 PM

I find him knowledgeable, has a good rhythm, and does good things for MSU. He doesn't have the Jack Crystal baritone, but there was only one Jack.

R2Dawg
01-01-2020, 07:10 PM

Listened a little to Haydad yesterday respond very carefully but he agreed with one fan test who poured it on Joe, Haydad agreed. He didn't elaborate much because he didn't want to pile on and stay PC but you could tell how he felt. I am telling you everyone in the know, knows we are in deep trouble with Moorhead.

R2Dawg
01-01-2020, 07:13 PM
I find him knowledgeable, has a good rhythm, and does good things for MSU. He doesn't have the Jack Crystal baritone, but there was only one Jack.

I like Neal Price; we'll never have another Jack but Neal is a professional play by play guy. Good command on the air with the right mix of homer and balance, nice tone adjustments without being annoying too.

TheLostDawg
01-01-2020, 09:25 PM
https://twitter.com/RadioWyatt/status/1212102432651710467?s=19