PDA

View Full Version : Our Culture under Joe- suspensions this year

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 12:31 AM
By position group:

QB- Shrader at least once not including the Willie Gay fight before the Music City Bowl. KT.

RB- Nick Gibson. And then you have Kylin who acts like a prima donna.

WR- Osirus before the Music City Bowl for a quarter. Whop for Tutor Gate. And then Stephen Guidry acts like a prima donna.

TE- No problems here that I recall.

OL- Champion for his driver's license, Story for the dog- although that could have been last year and he got suspended for something else this year I can't even keep it straight. Dolla Bill and Kam Jones for Tutor Gate.

DL- Autry for Tutor Gate.

Team Captain- Willie Gay. Tutor Gate. Ejected from Kentucky. Fought QB.

LB- Errol for Music City Bowl. Jett Johnson for Tutor Gate

CB- Dantzler sat our multiple games as a "business decision". Regular season games. Jaylon Reed and Esias Furdge for Tutor Gate.

S- Marcus Murphy for Tutor Gate.

K/P- Jace Christmann for DUI.

Just to run down the culture that we have right now.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 12:34 AM
Agree. Extreme culture issues.

Guys are playing form the back of the jersey instead of the front.

KOdawg1
01-01-2020, 01:15 AM
Mistakes were made.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2020, 06:17 AM
Errol was actually hurt before MCB.... I think he played first snap then came off the field....

Bdawg
01-01-2020, 08:54 AM
Steve R basically said the same thing. I thought he did a pretty good job on his show yesterday. He said some major changes needed to take place because of our culture issues right now. He didn't exclude the head coach either. Also, pointed out that we have no true leaders on this team, which I totally agree with. No one is on the sideline picking guys up when things go wrong or take a bad turn on the field. We just hang our head and start taking an a** whipping. That's very poor leadership from coaches and players(which lends to the terrible culture right now).

basedog
01-01-2020, 08:57 AM
I'm not buying Joe is or was the blame for Tudorgate. I bet he was as surprised as you Todd, just saying. I wonder if Ben is the blame for Nick?

Bdawg
01-01-2020, 09:05 AM
I'm not buying Joe is or was the blame for Tudorgate. I bet he was as surprised as you Todd, just saying. I wonder if Ben is the blame for Nick?

I can agree with this, but it is apart of the culture we have going on right now. They should fear doing something like that because they know if they get caught(lucky not kicked out of school) that their coach would almost kill them with after practice punishment of some kind and not to mention just letting the team down. I'm sure they felt bad AFTER getting caught, but they weren't thinking about the team before cheating. Major culture problems

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2020, 09:12 AM

The blame for Tutorgate falls on the Athletes and Cohen’s Athletics Academic staff(we have a whole department) this

basedog
01-01-2020, 09:13 AM
I can agree with this, but it is apart of the culture we have going on right now. They should fear doing something like that because they know if they get caught(lucky not kicked out of school) that their coach would almost kill them with after practice punishment of some kind and not to mention just letting the team down. I'm sure they felt bad AFTER getting caught, but they weren't thinking about the team before cheating. Major culture problems

And what you say is true. Very lucky they weren't dismissed from school.

basedog
01-01-2020, 09:14 AM
The blame for Tutorgate falls on the Athletes and Cohen’s Athletics Academic staff(we have a whole department) this

Yes

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2020, 10:18 AM

This is the view we need to take. A strong culture has boundaries. Your fear isn't just the coaches being in your ass if you screw up - it's the fear of letting down your teammates. We do not have a team first culture under Moorhead

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2020, 10:20 AM

The system failed to have cross checks to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen - that's on the athletics academics staff. Thinking they can do it and get away with it is on the program culture.

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 10:35 AM

And the fact that none of those players felt they had any responsibility or accountability to their teammates or coaches. Absolutely intertwined with the culture of the program.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 12:27 PM

You are wrong! The athletic dept. has nothing to do with the tutors, the proctors or the study halls. They are administered by the Office of The Provost. It was intentionally set up like that to prevent any undue influence by the athletic dept. and be above the appearance of cheating. Please check your facts.

basedog
01-01-2020, 12:33 PM
You are wrong! The athletic dept. has nothing to do with the tutors, the proctors or the study halls. They are administered by the Office of The Provost. It was intentionally set up like that to prevent any undue influence by the athletic dept. and be above the appearance of cheating. Please check your facts.

Good info, but the beat will continue.