PDA

View Full Version : Big E Calling Folks Out

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 11:12 PM
Big E is a good dude, but it amazing how Starvillians insulated by the university and small town forget how big and broad this fan base is.

Starkville has a way of making you feel like MSU is a high school with only local fans. You lose perspective.

MSU is an SEC program with a $100+ mil athletic budget. It's bigger than small town crap like this.

Reunion Dog
01-01-2020, 12:00 AM
DO NOT PUT ALL STARKVILLIANS IN THAT GROUP.... SOME OF US HAVE WORKED AT OTHER SEC SCHOOLS (ATHLETIC DEPARTMENTS), WORKED FOR HIGHLY ELECTED OFFICIALS & HAVE HELPED BRING POSITIVE ECONOMIC CHANGE TO THIS STATE.....

AND THEN THERE ARE SOME THAT KEEP THEIR BLINDERS ON BECAUSE OF EMPLOYMENT STATUS.....

BIG E IS A FINE MAN & LONG TIME FRIEND. (50+YEARS) HE IS LOYAL TO HIS CORE. I DON'T FAULT HIM FOR THAT... BUT I DON'T NECESSARILY AGREE WITH HIM ON THIS MATTER....

WE HAVE BIGGER ISSUES THAN A LOYAL MAN FROM STARKVILLE WEARING IT ON HIS SLEEVE... AT LEAST YOU KNOW HOW & WHERE HE STANDS..

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 12:04 AM
DO NOT PUT ALL STARKVILLIANS IN THAT GROUP.... SOME OF US HAVE WORKED AT OTHER SEC SCHOOLS (ATHLETIC DEPARTMENTS), WORKED FOR HIGHLY ELECTED OFFICIALS & HAVE HELPED BRING POSITIVE ECONOMIC CHANGE TO THIS STATE.....

AND THEN THERE ARE SOME THAT KEEP THEIR BLINDERS ON BECAUSE OF EMPLOYMENT STATUS.....

BIG E IS A FINE MAN & LONG TIME FRIEND. (50+YEARS) HE IS LOYAL TO HIS CORE. I DON'T FAULT HIM FOR THAT... BUT I DON'T NECESSARILY AGREE WITH HIM ON THIS MATTER....

WE HAVE BIGGER ISSUES THAN A LOYAL MAN FROM STARKVILLE WEARING IT ON HIS SLEEVE... AT LEAST YOU KNOW HOW & WHERE HE STANDS..

I don't disagree. Just saying to the smallness of Starkville has a way distorting perspective.

I couldn't care less if he's your friend. That's the problem. Everyone is taking this personally like a small business instead of realizing that MSU athletics is a $100+ million dollar enterprise

We're in the SEC 17ing West. Stop caring about who your buddy is or who you like and worry about the program.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 12:16 AM
He's been discussed at length in another thread...

Reunion Dog
01-01-2020, 12:21 AM
Not worried about what you think.... and I said I didn't agree with his twitter post...

i agree... small town... small minds... just look at who is running Bulldog Club.... No one will leave the damn county to raise money or build relationships....

we both could start a damn comedy series on how bad it has been and continues to be....

a little more than 30 minutes left in this damn decade... i hope the next one starts better than this one has ended....

20 years ago tonight... i was still in Atlanta hungover as hell from the Peach Bowl watching TV bringing in the Millennial... hoping my blackberry would work...

HA1LSTATE & 17 THE CONFEDERATES!!!

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2020, 12:26 AM
Some of you lack perspective. I have begun to understand this over the last few weeks. Your lack of perspective is a constant through out our history. It makes what we have done understandable. It also makes us look like idiotic fools.

Bothrops
01-01-2020, 12:27 AM
There's a difference in losing a game and knowing your going to lose most of your games a year out. That means big improvements are a long ways off. That makes fans unhappy.

Dawgology
01-01-2020, 01:00 AM
Who?

Maroonthirteen
01-01-2020, 01:13 AM
He is a dick. He thinks he is the team security guard/daddy... whatever.

Dudes been getting in free to Msu athletics for at least 30 years. I'd like to see his ass pay for his own gas, vehicle and tickets to a game and then ....maybe.... I listen to him on how to think and do as a paying customer.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 01:42 AM
He is a dick. He thinks he is the team security guard/daddy... whatever.

Dudes been getting in free to Msu athletics for at least 30 years. I'd like to see his ass pay for his own gas, vehicle and tickets to a game and then ....maybe.... I listen to him on how to think and do as a paying customer.

Big E isn't a dick. He's a good dude

However, because he live in the bubble, knows these people personally, knows their families, & knows how hard they work, he lacks the larger perspective & objectivity about the situation

Unfortunately, due to the way MSU has always worked, people from inside the bubble very often end up in all areas of the athletic department.

I get it & get why it happens, but I don't like it.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2020, 01:42 AM
I don't disagree. Just saying to the smallness of Starkville has a way distorting perspective.

I couldn't care less if he's your friend. That's the problem. Everyone is taking this personally like a small business instead of realizing that MSU athletics is a $100+ million dollar enterprise

We're in the SEC 17ing West. Stop caring about who your buddy is or who you like and worry about the program.

You do know that most of Miss is rural and out side of a few towns they are all small.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 01:53 AM
Big E isn't a dick. He's a good dude

However, because he live in the bubble, knows these people personally, knows their families, & knows how hard they work, he lacks the larger perspective & objectivity about the situation

Unfortunately, due to the way MSU has always worked, people from inside the bubble very often end up in all areas of the athletic department.

I get it & get why it happens, but I don't like it.

Sorry, he is a dick. And I say that as person who's been around him a ton, and been nothing but nice (yes sirs and no sirs, all around), yet he walks around like he owns the ****ing campus. Who the **** is he, anyhow? Does he even have a degree from MSU?

Truth be told, he's just as much of a nobody as 99% of the people who post on this board (just like all of us), so his "opinions" mean just as much (or little). The fact he drives a bus and has a twitter account doesn't make him Yoda, nor does it give any weight to what he says.

Skydawg1
01-01-2020, 01:56 AM
Don't worry about him. Once his generation dies out..

....we'll all be fukked.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2020, 01:56 AM
You do know that most of Miss is rural and out side of a few towns they are all small.

Yes but the profile & finances of the program are much larger & more public than that

defiantdog
01-01-2020, 03:27 AM
Who the **** cares what he thinks?! Last time I checked, he's not putting his name on any of the buildings. Kick rocks and pound sand.

msu15
01-01-2020, 05:09 AM

....we'll all be fukked.

Sarcasm right?

JohnHenryBonham
01-01-2020, 07:41 AM
Big E is a good dude, but it amazing how Starvillians insulated by the university and small town forget how big and broad this fan base is.

Starkville has a way of making you feel like MSU is a high school with only local fans. You lose perspective.

MSU is an SEC program with a $100+ mil athletic budget. It's bigger than small town crap like this.

Big E is right on this.

Maroonthirteen
01-01-2020, 08:38 AM

it.

I agree with what you are saying. However there are many university employees who are in a similar situation but they don't treat fans with contempt and hostility. If it wasn't for fans, he wouldn't even have his part time job as a bus driver. He is right about tweeting at players but.... this isn't his firs lashing out at fans. He should get over himself.

basedog
01-01-2020, 08:51 AM
I see nothing wrong with what he said Shotgun? It's no worse than your dislike for a coach, AD and president, just the opposite.

Let me say this, I can only imagine what Joe's family is going thru, they read and hear some pretty nasty things and yes it comes with the territory. I did hear that Joe's wife had a really bad experience at the Music Bowl game, pretty sad that family members have to listen to so much trash talking.

I'm hoping for a change but dang some of the comments even on a message board about sports is crazy.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 08:58 AM
Pay me 3.2 million and my skin gets pretty thick.

BulldogtheMS
01-01-2020, 09:18 AM
Pay me 3.2 million and my skin gets pretty thick.

This is correct. If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen. Peoples feeling are the very reason we will have a lame duck coach for 2020

OSCAR
01-01-2020, 09:29 AM

Love that tweet!

timotheus
01-01-2020, 09:31 AM
I just hope he gets to drive around with a new HC in the bus very soon.

Quaoarsking
01-01-2020, 09:42 AM
Big E is right on this.

No he's not, just search on Twitter for either of those terms and most of them have a "real name" attached. Now if he's talking about message boards, OK, point conceded, but he explicitly says Twitter.

Rex54
01-01-2020, 10:12 AM
I see nothing wrong with what he said Shotgun? It's no worse than your dislike for a coach, AD and president, just the opposite.

Let me say this, I can only imagine what Joe's family is going thru, they read and hear some pretty nasty things and yes it comes with the territory. I did hear that Joe's wife had a really bad experience at the Music Bowl game, pretty sad that family members have to listen to so much trash talking.

I'm hoping for a change but dang some of the comments even on a message board about sports is crazy.

I can imagine they're going through some really awesome vacations and making more salary these last two years than most of us will in our entire lives.

basedog
01-01-2020, 10:20 AM
I can imagine they're going through some really awesome vacations and making more salary these last two years than most of us will in our entire lives.

Probably but If you have a family and you hear some bad things it still hurts no matter how much money one has. Maybe if one marries for money then maybe the criticism doesn't bother one.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2020, 10:26 AM

....we'll all be fukked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLZGMcwi758

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 10:32 AM
We have the right to be pissed off and desire change. The big difference these days is we have the internet instead of "Make Emory a Memory" bumper stickers. Big E has a right to post what he wants (what choice does someone in his position have? ) and so do others.

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 10:36 AM
Probably but If you have a family and you hear some bad things it still hurts no matter how much money one has. Maybe if one marries for money then maybe the criticism doesn't bother one.

When you accept jobs like Cohen and JOMO have, the criticism comes with the territory and they both knew that before saying "I do".

tcdog70
01-01-2020, 10:49 AM
Been knowing E since Scooba Tech in the 60's. He is loyal to MSU. He has a right to tweet whatever the 17 he wants. When the next Coach comes he will be loyal to Him.

bluelightstar
01-01-2020, 10:50 AM
Loyalty to a coach is a really weird thing to have.

DLGDawg
01-01-2020, 10:53 AM

No disrespect intended for this man, but it seems like plenty have answered that tweet.

Dawgology
01-01-2020, 11:01 AM
Loyalty to a coach is a really weird thing to have.

This. I have loyalty to a school and program. If an employee begins screwing up that school or program I DO NOT support them. I am a fan of MSU not an individual

basedog
01-01-2020, 11:12 AM
When you accept jobs like Cohen and JOMO have, the criticism comes with the territory and they both knew that before saying "I do".

My point is about families and the things they hear......Hell I understand better than most since I did Coach and was an AD.

I'm not defending anyone just saying it's tough on families. And yes people have a right to moan and groan, but some of the things said are pretty nasty to say the least. I might go kick rocks but I do it more in private company than so of the message board posters.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 11:17 AM
No disrespect intended for this man, but it seems like plenty have answered that tweet.

What in the hell is he going to do to whoever he finds out posts those tweets criticizing Moorhead or Cohen. I started MSU in 1973, I don't know Everett, but I know who he is. From somebody who is 3 days older than dirt, that is just old man bluster. Everett thinks he can do more than he actually can.

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 11:19 AM

welp, guess he got what he was asking for. Happy New Year Mr. Kinard!

BeastMan
01-01-2020, 11:20 AM
What in the hell is he going to do to whoever he finds out posts those tweets criticizing Moorhead or Cohen. I started MSU in 1973, I don't know Everett, but I know who he is. From somebody who is 3 days older than dirt, that is just old man bluster. Everett thinks he can do more than he actually can.

Exactly. He’s an idiot

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 11:21 AM
My point is about families and the things they hear......Hell I understand better than most since I did Coach and was an AD.

I'm not defending anyone just saying it's tough on families. And yes people have a right to moan and groan, but some of the things said are pretty nasty to say the least. I might go kick rocks but I do it more in private company than so of the message board posters.

No problems with keeping it civil. good point. Did I understand you correctly though? you coached and were also an AD?

BeastMan
01-01-2020, 11:34 AM
New rumor is that Big E & the Candy Man are hunting down all “negative nancies” and forcing them to watch the Maine game on a loop while repeating the words “I will always be True Maroon no matter what” while holding a burning prayer card with the image of Allen Mckeen on it.

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 11:37 AM
New rumor is that Big E & the Candy Man are hunting down all “negative nancies” and forcing them to watch the Maine game on a loop while repeating the words “I will always be True Maroon no matter what” while holding a burning prayer card with the image of Allen Mckeen on it.

That's funny, I don't care who you are! Rep Given!

BogeyGolfer
01-01-2020, 11:39 AM
Love that tweet!

Oh, no, "Big E" wants to know who you are!!! Who gives a rat's ass what Big E thinks? I have worked with him as well, and he's not very easy to like... Our coach is terrible and called out the fan base...Joe is not a good coach, and will not be successful at Miss. State. As soon as everyone is on the same page with this, and we move on, the better we will all be...

Coursesuper
01-01-2020, 11:40 AM

Bingo!

TALL DAWG
01-01-2020, 02:01 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I think Big E tried to sue the Vet School over the smells generated from pasture land next door to his property. I forget how much money we was asking for but I believe the case was dismissed. I think that was over a decade ago.

OLJWales
01-01-2020, 02:07 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I think Big E tried to sue the Vet School over the smells generated from pasture land next door to his property. I forget how much money we was asking for but I believe the case was dismissed. I think that was over a decade ago.

I don't care it that's true or not, I laughed my ass off on that.

RocketDawg
01-01-2020, 02:18 PM

The school has a lot of alumni who don't live in the state and the vast majority don't live near Starkville.

Speaking of which - I wonder what the percentage of non-Mississippi residents the alumni base and sports fans is.

deadheaddawg
01-01-2020, 02:54 PM
Big E is right on this.

No he isn't.

You clearly didn't read any of the actual comments

99jc
01-01-2020, 03:32 PM

yep Big E Ass kisser sued the university over a hog farm...17 that bastard I knew that red neck when he lived in a double wide and Larry Templeton resided in Pecan Acres. they both think their shit don't stink and they are bigger than MSU. 17 Moorhead and the Yankee Jackass he rode in on. And 17 anyone that supports him!

deadheaddawg
01-01-2020, 04:13 PM
That jerk sued the school....and he is still driving buses for us? What the hell is that about. He's got better job security than Moorhead

I say add him (or the charter company he works for) to the list of people to get rid of

vv83
01-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Who is this person and why is he relevant?

Todd4State
01-01-2020, 04:58 PM
Who is this person and why is he relevant?

He's the bus driver and he's no relevant.

He's a bully.

Ari Gold
01-01-2020, 05:48 PM
Big E needs to stay In his lane.. and that’s drive the bus...

Reunion Dog
01-01-2020, 09:50 PM
That is NOTHING CLOSE TO THE TRUTH. Google that shit before u make such a false comment like that. That is just wrong.

Disagree with him if you want. But putting up a BS inaccurate statement like u did is just sad...

QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;1208145]Big E isn't a dick. He's a good dude

I get it & get why it happens, but I don't like it.[/QUOTE]

New rumor is that Big E & the Candy Man are hunting down all ?negative nancies? and forcing them to watch the Maine game on a loop while repeating the words ?I will always be True Maroon no matter what? while holding a burning prayer card with the image of Allen Mckeen on it.

Oh, no, "Big E" wants to know who you are!!! Who gives a rat's ass what Big E thinks? I have worked with him as well, and he's not very easy to like... Our coach is terrible and called out the fan base...Joe is not a good coach, and will not be successful at Miss. State. As soon as everyone is on the same page with this, and we move on, the better we will all be...

BeastMan
01-01-2020, 10:01 PM
I have no idea who or what you’re responding to in your post. What are you talking about?