PDA

View Full Version : Something very telling....

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 10:08 PM
I was listening to former QB Jordan Rogers interview Joe Moorehead before the MCB and they were discussing the RPO Offense Joe runs, When Rodgers asked Joe how close he was to installing his offense, Rodgers indicated that Moorhead answered, “Not close.”

We are 26 games into Joe Moorhead’s tenure and if we are admitting that we are “Not Close” to installing the offense (Moorhead’s Words) then we have a VERY serious problem.

FriarsPoint
12-31-2019, 10:13 PM
He’s an idiot. A literal idiot. That’s his only cover. What else do you expect him to say? We’ve been here before.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-31-2019, 10:18 PM
1) of love to hear that, where it at? (Is it an article, tweet, etc)

2) Joe could just say he hasn't installed his O to save face- if he had installed his O and it sucked then all hope is lost. At least if he can say "I haven't installed it because we dont have the personnel" then maybe well have a better system in the future. That's the motive to say it.

3) the other option is that he genuinly hasnt installed his O. Hes been so busy with HC stuff he cant be as hands on as he was at PSU, and his assistants suck (Breiner) or dont know the O well enough to coach it

BeastMan
12-31-2019, 10:21 PM
That quote is a fireable offense

Biguglyjoe
12-31-2019, 10:25 PM
If I remember correctly, Croom said it took three years to learn his offense. The parallels are uncanny.

maroonmania
12-31-2019, 10:34 PM
That quote is a fireable offense

Especially when he brought in a QB this year who has been a student of his offense for many years.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 10:43 PM
In 2018 before the first game he said that group had picked up his offense faster than any other, or something to that affect.

msudawg1200
12-31-2019, 11:02 PM
He?s an idiot. A literal idiot. That?s his only cover. What else do you expect him to say? We?ve been here before.

^This. I?ve coached high school football going on 25 years. If he can?t get an offense installed in 26 games he is a shitty coach. He?s just trying to get people who don?t know better to think he is some genius. The more and more I hear out of him it seems he is a conman. He thinks we are a bunch of redneck rubes who can’t see through his BS. He sure pulled the wool over our AD?s eyes, but not the fans.

msudawg1200
12-31-2019, 11:06 PM
He’s an idiot. A literal idiot. That’s his only cover. What else do you expect him to say? We’ve been here before.

^This. I’ve coached high school football going on 25 years. If he can’t get an offense installed in 26 games he is a shitty coach. He’s just trying to get people who don’t know better to think he is some genius. The more and more I hear out of him it seems he is a conman. He sure pulled the wool over our AD’s eyes.

redstickdawg
12-31-2019, 11:10 PM
If I remember correctly, Croom said it took three years to learn his offense. The parallels are uncanny.

Croom said 5 I think, which is ridiculous because you can only play 4 years in CFB. This is an admission by Shithead Joe that he can't teach which to me is a fundamental requirement for a coach at any level. This ahole is totally clueless.

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 11:21 PM
In 2018 before the first game he said that group had picked up his offense faster than any other, or something to that affect.

He also said before the game we were a running team, despite his hard headedness to keep calling passes when we are running it down people?s throats.

He is a con man and our athletic department is essentially stupid.

FriarsPoint
12-31-2019, 11:30 PM
He also said before the game we were a running team, despite his hard headedness to keep calling passes when we are running it down people?s throats.

He is a con man and our athletic department is essentially stupid.

This ends two ways, 1) rock bottom where nobody gives a shit and after a decade of floundering the IHL steps in strictly from a state/business perspective given the sec welfare checks
Or 2) Somebody steps up now and flexes muscle, highly doubtful

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 11:35 PM
1) of love to hear that, where it at? (Is it an article, tweet, etc)

2) Joe could just say he hasn't installed his O to save face- if he had installed his O and it sucked then all hope is lost. At least if he can say "I haven't installed it because we dont have the personnel" then maybe well have a better system in the future. That's the motive to say it.

3) the other option is that he genuinly hasnt installed his O. Hes been so busy with HC stuff he cant be as hands on as he was at PSU, and his assistants suck (Breiner) or dont know the O well enough to coach it

It was an ESPN radio interview with Jordan Rogers before the game. I’m sure it’s archived.

ckDOG
12-31-2019, 11:38 PM
nm

JoseBrown
12-31-2019, 11:50 PM
This is why I've been calling him Croomhead this year. The parallels really are very apparent. From his offense, reluctance to change a bit, to the way he speaks to fans. All the building young men and authoritative qualities I give to Croom. Either way it's evident he's bad, very bad, for our program.

Westdawg
12-31-2019, 11:53 PM
Yes, Croom said it took a GOOD QB five seasons to truly figure out his offense. I remember when he said it; I was in my second season coaching HS football. When I heard that - after watching our school install a running spread offense in less than one season effectively, I lost total confidence in Croom and his staff to ever get it turned around. Don't get me started in how poorly they recruited, either.
Moorhead saying this further confirms to me that he is in over his head and will never get the ship righted.
And if our administration cannot see and understand this now and make a move to correct it, then they need to be shown the door right along with JoMo

maroonmania
01-01-2020, 12:02 AM
This is why I've been calling him Croomhead this year. The parallels really are very apparent. From his offense, reluctance to change a bit, to the way he speaks to fans. All the building young men and authoritative qualities I give to Croom. Either way it's evident he's bad, very bad, for our program.

I will just say though that even though we had a craptastic offense under Croom, we didn't have a decaying culture.

RougeDawg
01-01-2020, 12:56 AM
This ends two ways, 1) rock bottom where nobody gives a shit and after a decade of floundering the IHL steps in strictly from a state/business perspective given the sec welfare checks
Or 2) Somebody steps up now and flexes muscle, highly doubtful

I could not disagree with anything you posted.

What gets me is that the people in charge have witnessed the growth of the program and brand, but are willing to let it all burn for $5 million. After Sloppy Joe backed out of original buyout, the price jumped $5 mil. These asshats in charge will cost the university and community that 5 fold at minimum, if they do not pull the plug.

I guess this is why most businesses fail. People let emotion trump facts and logic. It is part of the human element. Emotion makes people do irrational things. One thing I have always been able to do is let facts/truths lead decisions. Maybe this is an uncommon thing these days. And this is always a point of contention with my wife. She vehemently disagrees with things in the emotional point of a situation, but almost always comes around to agreeing that following the facts to base the decision was the correct move.

FriarsPoint
01-01-2020, 01:01 AM
I could not disagree with anything you posted.

What gets me is that the people in charge have witnessed the growth of the program and brand, but are willing to let it all burn for $5 million. After Sloppy Joe backed out of original buyout, the price jumped $5 mil. These asshats in charge will cost the university and community that 5 fold at minimum, if they do not pull the plug.

I guess this is why most businesses fail. People let emotion trump facts and logic. It is part of the human element. Emotion makes people do irrational things. One thing I have always been able to do is let facts/truths lead decisions. Maybe this is an uncommon thing these days. And this is always a point of contention with my wife. She vehemently disagrees with things in the emotional point of a situation, but almost always comes around to agreeing that following the facts to base the decision was the correct move.

The only way to be successful at MSU athletically : 1) don’t let an MSU alum anywhere near it 2) dictatorship

Happy new year