PDA

View Full Version : Joe Judge

kudzudawg
12-31-2019, 09:24 PM
So, Joe Judge is getting a courtesy look from the Giants. Not really sure of his coaching ability, but a quick look shows he seems pretty respected. He is being at least considering for an NFL gig, so wonder if Cohen would kick his tires and gauge interest? We desperately need an MSU guy as HC. Just a thought...

Rex54
12-31-2019, 10:21 PM
Napier

PGHBulldogBG
12-31-2019, 10:23 PM
Hud

DownwardDawg
12-31-2019, 10:30 PM
Any of the 3 mentioned in this thread so far.

FriarsPoint
12-31-2019, 10:34 PM
No

AgDawg80
01-03-2020, 06:38 PM
You guys may want to do a little more research here cause this has legs. Aside from his time in the NFL which some of you have made reference to in other threads, he also coached and recruited under Nick Saban. He is also a younger guy who can relate to kids in other parts of the country in trying to get them to Starkville, since he was once in the same position himself.

oldwave
01-03-2020, 07:20 PM
You guys may want to do a little more research here cause this has legs. Aside from his time in the NFL which some of you have made reference to in other threads, he also coached and recruited under Nick Saban. He is also a younger guy who can relate to kids in other parts of the country in trying to get them to Starkville, since he was once in the same position himself.

I believe he is currently obtaining his PhD at State. His wife was captain of soccer team in her time here.
They check the ?fit? box.
Could he put together a staff and run a SEC program??
He has a very impressive resume, I hope he at least gets a look, if he has any interest.

SwaggerVance
01-03-2020, 10:08 PM
Judge would be a nice feel good story, but a total roll of the dice. Could hit a home run, or whiff big. I dont really want to gamble again.

Mobile Bay
01-03-2020, 10:20 PM
I believe he is currently obtaining his PhD at State. His wife was captain of soccer team in her time here.
They check the ?fit? box.
Could he put together a staff and run a SEC program??
He has a very impressive resume, I hope he at least gets a look, if he has any interest.

He also played four years for Jackie Sherrill. And he spent some time under Mullen.

Plus you know if he went from Saban to Belicheck it came with a hearty vote of confidence from Saban.

Bubb Rubb
01-04-2020, 12:05 AM
He also played four years for Jackie Sherrill. And he spent some time under Mullen.

Plus you know if he went from Saban to Belicheck it came with a hearty vote of confidence from Saban.

Joey Judge played under Sherrill. He was a graduate assistant under Croom. He was at Georgia Southern by the tiime we got around to Crooming Croom and hiring Mullen.

He also has very little college experience and no coordinator experience. No idea about his crootin. Other than going to State and coaching a couple of years under Saban and Belichick, he doesn't check many boxes. It's a hard pass for me.

Bothrops
01-04-2020, 12:11 AM
If we blow this hire, DWS will need to be downsized and a football practice field will never happen. I hate that the steaks are this high over this bullshit.

KOdawg1
01-04-2020, 12:16 AM
Joe Judge would scare me. I think he has potential to be a great hire, but I'd feel better if he at least had coordinator experience at any level. If he really wants to be a HC, he needs to get experience in college.

CovertDawg
01-04-2020, 12:16 AM
Gene just mentioned some of the names for a potential Judge staff.......It is definitely a group we could rally around.

HancockCountyDog
01-04-2020, 12:17 AM
Hud

Please No.

gtowndawg
01-04-2020, 12:18 AM
Gene just mentioned some of the names for a potential Judge staff.......It is definitely a group we could rally around.

Well, I'm curious. Mind sharing the names?

msstate7
01-04-2020, 12:19 AM

Wonder how gene could know names. I'm guessing that's purely guessing

KOdawg1
01-04-2020, 12:20 AM
Well, I'm curious. Mind sharing the names?

Will Hall as OC, Tosh Lupoi as DC

HailStateSZN19
01-04-2020, 12:21 AM

Yeah just saw that list. It’s a pretty solid list, although there’s a couple names I’m not familiar with he mentioned. But one of the mods also mentioned that Judge & Feld crosses paths at MSU (think Judge was a GA when Feld was playing) and could potentially bring him back too.

DogsofAnarchy
01-04-2020, 12:27 AM
Judge....you guys have to be kidding. It isn’t going to happen. At least it better not. We need someone who has a TOUGH edge....disciplined approach....head coaching experience. Judge has none of those, I don’t care if he is getting a look or not. The only way he gets the job is if John Cohen goes CHEAP and he has a brain aneurysm.

maroonmania
01-04-2020, 12:30 AM
Judge....you guys have to be kidding. It isn’t going to happen. At least it better not. We need someone who has a TOUGH edge....disciplined approach....head coaching experience. Judge has none of those, I don’t care if he is getting a look or not. The only way he gets the job is if John Cohen goes CHEAP and he has a brain aneurysm.

Judge would be a huge roll of the dice. Cohen would be sticking his neck out WAY further then I would think he is willing to do.

dawgday166
01-04-2020, 12:30 AM
It's intriguing. So he's been around two of the three or four best organizational people in college and pro football. So if he just wanted to be like an Ogre and just go find good coordinators that might work good. On top of it he's also worked for the two best cheaters in the game. That could help too.

defiantdog
01-04-2020, 12:33 AM
Will Hall as OC, Tosh Lupoi as DC

Hard pass..... Seems like Judge would be an experimental hire. I don't think we can afford that right now with our fanbase.

Cooterpoot
01-04-2020, 12:33 AM
There's no way Cohen can risk a Judge hire. That would be a head scratcher. Somebody trying to distract the fans with that talk.

deadheaddawg
01-04-2020, 12:40 AM
Judge is the kind of hire you make after Mullen.....not after moorhead.

2 years ago we were in good enough shape to gamble and go high risk high reward.....well we rolled the dice and lost.

After Mullen we could handle a bad hire without completely killing the program. And now that it happened, we can't have 2 bad hires in a row. We would become Arkansas

2 years ago we were playing with house money. Today we would be gambling with the mortgage payment.