PDA

View Full Version : Some Items From Today

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 06:22 PM
The fallout is already starting....

- Genespage is reporting that they are down 7 subscriptions today with no new members. Now I don't know how many they lose on a normal day, but the point is that people are out. Following MSU football has become a frustrating, angry part of their life & they are quitting. Wait till season ticket sales come around & Keenum has to answer to business owners in Starkville. Thing is: It's simple issue to fix.

- Props to Steve Robertson. Basically called out Joe today on the Boneyard, stated that MSU football has a massive culture problem where coaches & players have put themselves above the program, & without straight coming out & saying it: he basically said that Joe needs to be fired.

- Personally, I think today has been quiet because Keenum & Cohen are trying to figure this thing out. I think they felt good after the Egg Bowl & signing day but the Shrader, Gay deal, the 1st quarter suspensions yesterday, & the performance have highlighted the fact that the coaching staff actually sucks & that hitting the re-set button will next to impossible.

- Lastly, if you hated this year's MSU teams, just wait till next year.

Here are your possible upper class leaders next year:

Willie Gay - Enough said.

Errol Thompson - Tweeted out "business decisions" today

Kylin Hill - Has never grown up & has insinuated transferring today on twitter.

Malik Heath - JUCO

Peters - JUCO

Osiris Mitchell - Was suspended for the 1st quarter yesterday

Colin CC - JUCO

Where are the grown up here? Where are mentors that should've been helping these grow up?

Where are the grown ups here?

Anonymous
12-31-2019, 06:35 PM
Not to rip on you but in your post is something people need to get past, and that's ripping on Willie Gay.

If anyone on the team is passionate about State, it's that guy. You want someone to hook your wagon to? Get behind him.

Yeah, he got in a fight. You just pointed out the culture problem in the program, maybe we need more guys being passionate. More men saying they've had enough with the guys who are about themselves instead of the maroon and white.

msstate7
12-31-2019, 06:36 PM
Not to rip on you but in your post is something people need to get past, and that's ripping on Willie Gay.

If anyone on the team is passionate about State, it's that guy. You want someone to hook your wagon to? Get behind him.

Yeah, he got in a fight. You just pointed out the culture problem in the program, maybe we need more guys being passionate and saying they've had enough with the guys who are about themselves instead of maroon and white.

Gay has missed 8.5 games this year. If he's our leader, we have serious issues

lefty96
12-31-2019, 06:39 PM
Steve laid the Gd lumber.

Anonymous
12-31-2019, 06:39 PM
Gay has missed 8.5 games this year. If he's our leader, we have serious issues

We have serious issues. The kid messed up and paid the price for it, time to move on.

Or don't, mope and continue to drop fan support and lets see how far we can set the program back. It's up to us.

Dawgface
12-31-2019, 06:40 PM
Steve did a good job of telling like it is on the boneyard. I was surprised.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 06:44 PM
Steve did a good job of telling like it is on the boneyard. I was surprised.

Agree, I completely expected a company line. Makes me trust Steve more

msstate7
12-31-2019, 06:45 PM
We have serious issues. The kid messed up and paid the price for it, time to move on.

Or don't, mope and continue to drop fan support and lets see how far we can set the program back. It's up to us.

A fan's only voice is attendance and financial support. If I don't agree with the way the program is being led, why should I support it? Retaining Moorhead was a gamble that we would just shut up and know our place by our president/AD/whoever.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 06:46 PM

The fans paid the price for his selfishness and stupidity. I'd rather hook my wagon to a chicken than that clown.

BeardoMSU
12-31-2019, 06:47 PM
Also, Steve....too little too late. He should curb his narcissism for a bit....as well as the carrying of water for our admin.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 06:47 PM
Good Boneyard today.

1) Really like how he laid it out there about the cultural problem we have and then compared it to Louisville's by saying they won cause of their positive culture and we lost because of our negative culture.

2) Said the presser last night when Joe mentioned all the "positive aspects" of what's happening with MSU football ... Rosie says he just don't think Joe gets it.

3) Said it's really hard to change culture and we're going the wrong way.

4) Keenum & Cohen have some soul searching to do and if what's best for our culture is to make a change now ... then so be it.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 06:49 PM

Not saying I totally trust him yet cause he always paints the Rosie scenario but today he called it like it is for sure.

Coach34
12-31-2019, 06:50 PM

If you support what is going on now you are the problem and enabling further poisoning the program. Stop support now to ensure a change is made next November. That is the only way to help the program. Trying to help this program win 6 games again next Fall is only letting the cancer fester longer.

HailStateSZN19
12-31-2019, 06:55 PM
Good Boneyard today.

1) Really like how he laid it out there about the cultural problem we have and then compared it to Louisville's by saying they won cause of their positive culture and we lost because of our negative culture.

2) Said the presser last night when Joe mentioned all the "positive aspects" of what's happening with MSU football ... Rosie says he just don't think Joe gets it.

3) Said it's really hard to change culture and we're going the wrong way.

4) Keenum & Cohen have some soul searching to do and if what's best for our culture is to make a change now ... then so be it.

Today might be the best Boneyard I’ve ever listened to that I can remember. I mean he couldn’t have hit the nail on the head any better than he did. I’ve never heard him be so straight forward and blunt about the state of the program. I mean he absolutely nailed it. Props to him for laying it out truthfully like he did. Gained a lot of respect from me.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 07:03 PM
Today might be the best Boneyard I’ve ever listened to that I can remember. I mean he couldn’t have hit the nail on the head any better than he did. I’ve never heard him be so straight forward and blunt about the state of the program. I mean he absolutely nailed it. Props to him for laying it out truthfully like he did. Gained a lot of respect from me.

I thought the same thing. May have been his best, most honest, no sugar coating Boneyard ever.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 07:09 PM
If Rosebowl is saying that it's very interesting to me considering where his marching orders come from. He could be saying that so the three fans understand why changes are being made.

OLJWales
12-31-2019, 07:33 PM
is anyone seriously positive if we just get a new offensive coordinator? you think he will be less offensive than the one before? nothing short of Joe getting fired matters.

Anonymous
12-31-2019, 07:44 PM
If you support what is going on now you are the problem and enabling further poisoning the program. Stop support now to ensure a change is made next November. That is the only way to help the program. Trying to help this program win 6 games again next Fall is only letting the cancer fester longer.

Words from the most embarrassing member of the State fan base. Got it.

JoseBrown
12-31-2019, 07:48 PM
And on the 247 subs, Gene said before the MCB that they had lost 30 subs and gained 10 new ones. Said he didn't know why the 30 left, just letting us know that 30 had left. That was in a long thread about the fight.

TrapGame
12-31-2019, 07:51 PM
If Rosie went rogue today then we might want to cross our fingers. That ain't by accident.

Coach34
12-31-2019, 07:56 PM

Yet here you are on the very State loving medium I made possible. Thanks for posting

shoeless joe
12-31-2019, 07:58 PM

You can’t defend willie gay in one breath and then call someone out for being embarrassing in the other...

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-31-2019, 08:15 PM
Leave 34 alone he actually brings good stuff here. I have no memory of your username, which means you don't

On another note, why do people want an OC? At worst that means well get better playcalling but the same bad O, culture, game plans, and player development. At best it means we get better playcalling and offensive system, but the same bad everything else. Program declines either way and no season under Joe will be better than mediocre.

I fear that an OC would get us to 6-6 despight the bad coaching and we'd retain Joe another year and the culture would be even harder to fix for the next coach. I'd almost rather just have Joe stay the OC if we aren't going to fire him, that way I know he'll be fired after we go 4-8 next year and maybe the next coach can right the ship quickly

Coursesuper
12-31-2019, 09:02 PM

If you trust that guy you are an idiot! He says absolutely nothing that's he's not approved to say. Love and learn bro.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-31-2019, 09:19 PM
If you trust that guy you are an idiot! He says absolutely nothing that's he's not approved to say. Love and learn bro.

Well if the "company line" is to shit all over Joe what does that say?

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 09:21 PM
Well if the "company line" is to shit all over Joe what does that say?

I'm sorta pondering a couple of things Rosie said. Not gonna get my hopes up tho.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2019, 09:25 PM

No matter how piss someone is, no matter how many emails someone sends, no matter how many don't renew season tickets, no matter what the only thing that is going to get Joe gone is win and loses. No sense in hurting the program anymore. He is here next season no matter what. Let keep the coffers full and the cup board full of talent for the next guy. If Moorhead is here season after next then he has turned things around if not it is because he could not. The next guy needs to have everything ready to go.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-31-2019, 09:26 PM
Let's be honest, it's really not about winning. It's just not. It's about money. It's about big TV contracts, season ticket sales, full hotels and restaurants, happy alums, tuition dollars, giving, etc. And most of those things come with winning. As the fan support dies, a change will be required regardless of Joe's record. Joe doesn't have to win games to keep his job. He has to win support from the fans. And it is headed to rock bottom.

OLJWales
12-31-2019, 09:28 PM
No matter how piss someone is, no matter how many emails someone sends, no matter how many don't renew season tickets, no matter what the only thing that is going to get Joe gone is win and loses. No sense in hurting the program anymore. He is here next season no matter what. Let keep the coffers full and the cup board full of talent for the next guy. If Moorhead is here season after next then he has turned things around if not it is because he could not. The next guy needs to have everything ready to go.

Nope, the people have spoken and their voice will be heard. This is FAR from over and we will continue to resist. We REFUSE to continue eating Shit Samiches.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2019, 09:30 PM
Nope, the people have spoken and their voice will be heard. This is FAR from over and we will continue to resist.

What is it going to accomplish other then making this board crap? Cohen knows everyone is pissed. So lets just cut our nose off because we are pissed at it for having a booger in it.

Coach34
12-31-2019, 09:38 PM
What is it going to accomplish other then making this board crap? Cohen knows everyone is pissed. So lets just cut our nose off because we are pissed at it for having a booger in it.

Actually- this is wrong. We have multiple people within the Football office spinning this as its a just a small minority of very loud fans that want a change. They need to be shown that its the majority wanting change. See you in 2021

Jack Lambert
12-31-2019, 09:42 PM
Actually- this is wrong. We have multiple people within the Football office spinning this as its a just a small minority of very loud fans that want a change. They need to be shown that its the majority wanting change. See you in 2021

I am going to keep buying my season tickets. He will gone because of wins and loses. If everyone is correct about his suckness he will be gone the next season regardless if I buy my season tickets or not. I think we are in for a shit season next year but it is what it is. I just don't think there will be a change this year.

BeastMan
12-31-2019, 09:56 PM
I am going to keep buying my season tickets. He will gone because of wins and loses. If everyone is correct about his suckness he will be gone the next season regardless if I buy my season tickets or not. I think we are in for a shit season next year but it is what it is. I just don't think there will be a change this year.

It is wins and losses but coaches get shorter or longer hooks based on business aka ticket sales/donations. If the monetary part hadn’t fallen off a cliff you can stay the course. I think the monetary part is about to fall off a cliff here. And it’s partly because of wins and losses but more because of JoMo’s attitude, stubbornness, and constant state of dissorganization. If JoMo doesn’t call out the fans constantly, diss his first team (85 bears), tutor gate, fight gate, etc... He would still have support. State fans are forgiving as hell on records. Check our history. It’s when it becomes an embarrassing shit show, see Stans, where fans revolt.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-31-2019, 10:06 PM

If that's how you feel, then fine, but why not just make a donation to the Bulldog Club for the value of the season tickets with a note that you support the program and not Joe. At least by not buying the tickets it will be seen as a symbolic gesture of you not being in the stands at DWS.

Quaoarsking
12-31-2019, 10:08 PM

Who are these people, and why are they doing this? Are they honestly that oblivious, or do they just love Joe that much?

maroonmania
12-31-2019, 10:16 PM
Good Boneyard today.

I really can't figure out if Joe is :

1) Really so arrogant and clueless about how broken the culture of our program has become and really thinks everything is going well as is or

2) Understands how poorly things are going but doesn't have a clue how to fix it and is just being defensive and saying 'positive' things when talking to the press or even perhaps

3) Likes the culture just the way it has gone under his watch and is dead set on keeping it that way whatever the consequences are wrt wins and losses.

It's just hard to believe that Moorhead didn't pick up much more than he has about how a well run program is managed under James Franklin at PSU who has been very successful both at Vandy (a really tough place to win) and at PSU.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 10:48 PM

1) Really so arrogant and clueless about how broken the culture of our program has become and really thinks everything is going well as is or

2) Understands how poorly things are going but doesn't have a clue how to fix it and is just being defensive and saying 'positive' things when talking to the press or even perhaps

3) Likes the culture just the way it has gone under his watch and is dead set on keeping it that way whatever the consequences are wrt wins and losses.

It's just hard to believe that Moorhead didn't pick up much more than he has about how a well run program is managed under James Franklin at PSU who has been very successful both at Vandy (a really tough place to win) and at PSU.

I just think he spins things to make himself look like he knows what he's doing. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a clue. I don't think he paid attention much to everything Franklin had to do as HC. Even if he's a good X's and O's coach (which I ain't sure he is), you still have to be able to lead as a HC. And you can't speak outta both sides of your mouth as a leader.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 11:06 PM

The scary thing is I don't think it's spin. I think they really believe that it's just a vocal minority that want him gone. And that's part of the problem. If we have 30K for Arkansas next year that might wake them up. Maybe.

Who are these people, and why are they doing this? Are they honestly that oblivious, or do they just love Joe that much?

I think they are that oblivious. Think about it. Starkville is literally the most isolated SEC town in the league. There is a small town Mississippi quality to the city even though it's made a lot of progress since I was in school there. But I have found that many of the locals- like Everett Kennard- are pretty sports ignorant. Some of it is they are loyal to a fault and are truly "nice" people. I call it the Golden Triangle Bubble. For example- our baseball stadium back when it was "Why do we need a new one? Ours is the best and Ron Polk built it?" Now I doubt any of them would trade the new Dudy Noble for the old one. It's the same way with football. "We can't fire a coach after three years!" "The players work hard!" Yeah- that shows. They mean well- partially because they know a lot of the MSU people personally. But that doesn't make them right. And anything the MSU administrators send out as spin is only going to reach so far.

defiantdog
12-31-2019, 11:19 PM
This was the case before the bowl game..... but even the MSU Facebook account got ripped by people and their REAL names.

Randolph Dupree
01-01-2020, 12:17 AM
If that's how you feel, then fine, but why not just make a donation to the Bulldog Club for the value of the season tickets with a note that you support the program and not Joe. At least by not buying the tickets it will be seen as a symbolic gesture of you not being in the stands at DWS.

This is What I plan to do, to a degree.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2020, 01:32 AM

Because going to the games is something I enjoy doing with my son. He will be grown and gone one day and I am taking full advantage of it while I can. Like I said if he wins next year he fix's the problem. If not he will be gone. Buying my ticket isn't going to matter.

RougeDawg
01-01-2020, 02:32 AM

SloMo is one of those types that uses 99% of his brainpower in one aspect of his life. All of his mental capabilities are in one area. Anything outside of that and they are lost.

Seriously, I have a Harvard Med friend that cannot start their own backyard grill. JoVester is one of those types.

dantheman4248
01-01-2020, 02:38 AM
Jack, the only win or loss that gets him fired is an egg bowl loss.

If we pack out the stadium and go 1-11 with a win over OM why would they change anything? Money keeps coming in. No reason to change that.

1bigdawg
01-01-2020, 10:38 AM
"The players work hard!"

The players do work hard and so do the coaches and administrators. When I hire people I tell them it does not matter how hard they work, only what results they get. I have a guy who started a division for me 5 years ago. He worked hard at it for a while, then he started working smarter. Today his operation is killing it - he goes in one to two days a week. He figured out how to succeed and that he was necessary only for a small maangement part. In fact, he is more of a distraction to everyday operations than a help. Now we are working on a completely new project.

The point is, I do not care and we as fans chould not care "how hard they work." Results are all that matter.