PDA

View Full Version : It's beyond time.

CadaverDawg
12-31-2019, 05:00 PM
John, Fire Joe.....or Keenum, Fire John.

Nothing else need be said at this point. MSU football is bigger than both. Joe is holding us back, and John is holding on to Joe. These are the only options.

Rex54
12-31-2019, 05:02 PM
If nothing is done, attendance is shot for a decade... once fans find that couch and remote it's HARD to get them back on board. Millions and millions of dollars in the local economy will be wiped away. I can't imagine the business owners in Starkville are not passing out torches and pitchforks right now.

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 05:10 PM
If nothing is done, attendance is shot for a decade... once fans find that couch and remote it's HARD to get them back on board. Millions and millions of dollars in the local economy will be wiped away. I can't imagine the business owners in Starkville are not passing out torches and pitchforks right now.

You are correct about finding the couch and not as motivated to drive 4 hours one way for a game. Work this season only allowed me to make 2 home games and the product on the field was not motivating. After thins season there is 0.0000 motivation to go to any 2020 games. Plus at home you only waste 90-120 minutes of your life and can go do something else. Most games under SloMo against good teams, are over by halftime.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 05:14 PM
The boosters need to sack up. Tell Cohen either Joe goes or they both go.

bobcat91
12-31-2019, 05:28 PM
For the life of me, Cohen isnt making these decisions. He does nothing that Keenum doesn't approve. Channel your anger at the politician, not Cohen.

HoopsDawg
12-31-2019, 05:42 PM
I think Croom had more support his last year than Moorhead does now. I'm shocked he hasn't been fired yet. It makes no sense.

BeastMan
12-31-2019, 05:43 PM
For the life of me, Cohen isnt making these decisions. He does nothing that Keenum doesn't approve. Channel your anger at the politician, not Cohen.

I keep hearing what Bobcat posted. Even to the point where John was ready to move regardless of EB outcome and Keenum overruled it. And I’ve been very critical of John. It would be easy if I had a personal agenda to use that as reason to bash Cohen but like I said, I keep hearing what Bobcat said.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-31-2019, 05:46 PM

Spot on, strange to say to one of the posters I rarely agree with.

Cohen isnt the guy at the top. Keenum is. Cohens job is to 1) get good coaches at State, 2) get boosters to shell out cash so we can get good facilities. That's basically it, that's all an AD does.

Cohen does have some level of reposnisbility to make the boosters happy. If the boosters dont want Joe gone, that puts 1) and 2) directly at odds and while I still think Cohen should fire Joe I can at least understand not wanting to burn booster bridges.

BUT, Keenum has no such responsibility. He can force Cohen to fire Joe and take all the boosters heat on himself and mitigate the odds Cohen cant get those boosters to donate. Keenum is the only person who is capable of making Cohen do anything either direction.

If Cohen wants to keep Joe then Keenum needs some of the pressure put on him for not forcing Cohen to fire Joe. If Keenum wants to keep Joe then no blame should fall on Cohen and all of it should be on Keenum. Either way the head of our university is complicit in this mess, maybe even the reason were in it.

ScottH
12-31-2019, 05:53 PM
The boosters need to sack up.

Our boosters don't have the sack of those at other schools. Big fish little pond syndrome.

CadaverDawg
12-31-2019, 05:54 PM
Well if that's true then fine, let's call out Keenum. But it doesn't change the fact that John needs to go...bc if he's not doing shit, can't do shit, and isn't allowed to do shit, he's a waste to begin with. Clean the damn house.

Rex54
12-31-2019, 05:57 PM
Well if that's true then fine, let's call out Keenum. But it doesn't change the fact that John needs to go...bc if he's not doing shit, can't do shit, and isn't allowed to do shit, he's a waste to begin with. Clean the damn house.

I'm of the opinion we need a national search headed by a reputable firm to find our new "CEO" of athletics and give him full authority to clean house. We aren't as beholden to cigar boys anymore with the money. They can get on board with the new swinging dick in town or be left on the outs while the new younger crowd becomes the insiders.

Rex54
12-31-2019, 05:58 PM

I'm of the opinion we need a national search headed by a reputable firm to find our new "CEO" of athletics and give him full authority to clean house. We aren't as beholden to cigar boys anymore with the money. They can get on board with the new swinging dick in town or be left on the outs while the new younger crowd becomes the insiders.

msbulldog
12-31-2019, 06:05 PM
Fire Joe.

BeardoMSU
12-31-2019, 06:07 PM
I keep hearing what Bobcat posted. Even to the point where John was ready to move regardless of EB outcome and Keenum overruled it. And I?ve been very critical of John. It would be easy if I had a personal agenda to use that as reason to bash Cohen but like I said, I keep hearing what Bobcat said.

Hearing it because its probably true. I'm sorry, but Keenum reeks of status quo. Academics most importantly...