PDA

View Full Version : Penn St OL Coach Fired

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 01:01 PM
Was Joe's OL coach at Penn State.

If Joe is retained, I could see this happening. I don't think it would make a big difference, but if the offense is going to turn around, getting an OL coach that is super experienced in this offense could be a start

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Limegrover

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 01:04 PM
Not sure I understand that. Don't follow them closely but they scored some points this year. Makes me wonder if he did something else outside of coaching to lose his job.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 01:05 PM
Not sure I understand that. Don't follow them closely but they scored some points this year. Makes me wonder if he did something else outside of coaching to lose his job.

Who knows. Could've been a personality conflict.

timotheus
12-31-2019, 01:07 PM
Memphis DL worked them over for 3 quarters in the bowl game but lacked depth to keep guys fresh. Franklin is saving face after almost being embarrassed is all that is going down here.

Tripp McNeely
12-31-2019, 01:11 PM
Memphis DL worked them over for 3 quarters in the bowl game but lacked depth to keep guys fresh. Franklin is saving face after almost being embarrassed is all that is going down here.

Whaaaaattt??? Did you watch that game? The PSU O-line decimated the Tigers! They ran for 400 yards with ZERO threat of a passing game. The only thing that kept Memphis in that game was Penn State’s secondary. This firing doesn’t make much sense, but their oline looked incredible in the Cotton Bowl

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 01:14 PM
Was Joe's OL coach at Penn State.

If Joe is retained, I could see this happening. I don't think it would make a big difference, but if the offense is going to turn around, getting an OL coach that is super experienced in this offense could be a start

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Limegrover

They are soft shotgun. This wouldn’t help us a damn bit.

timotheus
12-31-2019, 01:15 PM
Yes I watched it and until Memphis got tired it looked like a typical conference game for Memphis. Sorry if I didn't word it precisely enough.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 01:17 PM
They are soft shotgun. This wouldn’t help us a damn bit.

You may very well be right. Again, I don't think it'll work.

It could be a move though

Westdawg
12-31-2019, 01:22 PM
Moorhead shouldn't have the chance to hire anyone here. He should be on a UHaul outta town.
But he probably will be given another year and a chance to fire/hire

Coursesuper
12-31-2019, 01:25 PM
If our guy is allowed to make changes so what. It changes nothing. Still the same old same old with this bunch.

runwildjerious
12-31-2019, 01:28 PM
If our guy is allowed to make changes so what. It changes nothing. Still the same old same old with this bunch.

Absolutely. He is the problem. That’s why it doesn’t matter if we lose some recruits with a coaching change (which I don’t think we would). He can’t coach them up anyway.

I just cannot believe our administration is going to keep him and do to football the same thing that happened to men’s basketball. I cannot believe it.

bluelightstar
12-31-2019, 01:48 PM
Oh great, let's bring even more Penn State transplants here**

Leeshouldveflanked
12-31-2019, 01:54 PM
OL Coaching at MSU is definitely a weak point.... as well as TE, WR, DB, QB, LB and Special Teams coaching

Irondawg
12-31-2019, 01:56 PM
If we keep Joe around (and it looks like we will) then we need to let him bring on whoever the hell he wants to try and fix it since it's his program and he's been adamant about that. At this point he's either going to get it fixed or we're firing him 4-5 games into the season.

JoseBrown
12-31-2019, 02:40 PM
I'm pretty sure Henderson is one of his top recruiters, don't know if he'd let him go for a better coach. I see what you're saying though shotgun. It appears our Oline has struggled with doing whatever is being asked of them though.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 02:43 PM
Penn State's OC got hired away and went to Maryland I think. They hired Minnesota's OC and he probably wants his own people.