PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen To Dallas Gaining Traction?

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 10:02 AM
The top Cowboys' beat writer acknowledging Mullen.

I'd personally love Mullen to go to the Cowboys because I'd feel like I could cheer for Mullen again.

msstate7
12-31-2019, 10:11 AM
Wonder what the sidewalk cowboy fans in our fanbase would do then? Will their hate of Mullen surpass love of dak or vice versa?

MarketingBully
12-31-2019, 10:21 AM
I’d love for Mullen to take over Dallas. He’d be a better fit for the NFL then Lincoln Riley. LSU obliterated I mean obliterated Oklahoma while Florida played them a good game. Mullen is better suited for the NFL then he is college. He’d need to kick some of his assistants to the curb though as I don’t think they would translate but he’d be a great NFL coach and he’d have his QB at one of the better NFL franchises. Game set match.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 10:23 AM
Wonder what the sidewalk cowboy fans in our fanbase would do then? Will their hate of Mullen surpass love of dak or vice versa?

After the disaster of JoMo, I don't see how anyone could truly hate Mullen for giving us 9 years of winning football.

Could it have been better? Yes. Could he have tried harder on the recruiting trail? Yes

However, overall, it's just tough to really criticize the man in light of what we're currently dealing with

dantheman4248
12-31-2019, 10:25 AM
Hope he goes there and Loafers redeems himself to the MSU faithful by poaching our coach again.

ScoobaDawg
12-31-2019, 10:43 AM
I still contend I don't think he would work.. but maybe easing back on that after watching last nights game...
My hate for him has gone, maybe cause it's all focused on Joe instead. The guys a winner. so if he can win at the next level, I would rather it be with Dak.

Cooterpoot
12-31-2019, 10:45 AM
They aren't hiring Dan Mullen as their HC.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-31-2019, 10:47 AM
Rhule > Mullen > Urban..... that being said the Giants are going after Rhule, Mullen is a big enough Jerk to work for Jerry Jones and Urban Meyer just looks tired to me....you have to wonder if he has the fire in the belly.

Cowbell
12-31-2019, 11:11 AM
This isn't the definition of gaining traction - one random tweet

DownwardDawg
12-31-2019, 01:22 PM
After the disaster of JoMo, I don't see how anyone could truly hate Mullen for giving us 9 years of winning football.

Could it have been better? Yes. Could he have tried harder on the recruiting trail? Yes

However, overall, it's just tough to really criticize the man in light of what we're currently dealing with

This all day. I’ve changed my stance on Mullen. I don’t dislike him nearly as much as I used to. Thanks Joe.

Hambone
12-31-2019, 01:58 PM
You do understand he’s saying that Dan Mullen would have one vote due to him coaching Dak?

This hardly equates to “gaining steam”

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-31-2019, 02:11 PM
The top Cowboys' beat writer acknowledging Mullen.

I'd personally love Mullen to go to the Cowboys because I'd feel like I could cheer for Mullen again.

gaining traction? hahaha This is how rumors get started. Some idiot blows a comment way out of proportion. If Mullen does go though, Lane Kiffin to Florida.

deadheaddawg
12-31-2019, 02:24 PM
Um. That tweet just says one person in the locker room would want him.

lol at calling that gaining traction. What a dumb thread

Johnson85
12-31-2019, 02:48 PM
I still contend I don't think he would work.. but maybe easing back on that after watching last nights game...
My hate for him has gone, maybe cause it's all focused on Joe instead. The guys a winner. so if he can win at the next level, I would rather it be with Dak.

I think it would be a great fit for him as far as being CEO coach. He can run a program and won' thave to deal with his two achiles heels, recruiting and losing focus while chasing other jobs.

I think the two big questions would be: (1) can he coach colleagues rather than serfs and (2) can he implement a pro offense or let someone who can be OC.

I think he gave the guys he viewed as being professionals and self accountable some leeway while at State, which makes me think he will at least be able to handle the pros that are actually professional. Might have to adjust to handle the players that need some accountability. think that's a challenge for most NFL coaches though so not sure he'd be worse than others.

As far as running an NFL offense, I think he showed Dak's last year he has some flexibility. He'd still have to have a real OC though and the question would be whether he could be hands off enough to keep a good one. He's proven he will let a DC he respects (or is scared of) handle the D. Letting go of the offense might be tougher.

All in all though, I would think among college coaches with no NFL experience he would be one of the best if not the best options.