PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- But Hey- We Beat Ole Miss Edition

Coach34
12-31-2019, 09:43 AM
1. I didnt cook anything good- that game made me f'ing sick

2. We were facing the 107th ranked Defense in the Country yesterday. 115th against the run. They were giving up 446 yards per game coming into yesterday. That is an awful Defense. Plus- they had a starting LB'er kicked out in the 1st half. We had 157 yards in the 1st half- then came out of halftime adjustments with 12 yards on 10 plays and a fumble TD. 169 yards and a gift TD to them thru 3 quarters against the 107th rated D in the country by our offensive genius with HIS QB that he brought in and screwed KT over.

3. In our 1st 7 possessions- we went 3 and out 4 times and turned the ball over on the 4th play on another. That is pathetic against the 107th ranked D in the country- especially with 4 weeks to prepare.

4. Not having Thompson on D hurt. Danztler and Cole too but not as much as Thompson. Gay saved our ass on that 1st drive with the forced fumble, but when your offense keeps going 3 and out- its hard to get any rest or make adjustments on D. 31 points is too many but when you are facing constant 3 and outs- what ya gonna do?

5. I also didnt like the way we played their slot guy. We blitzed and brought the safety over to play the slot- but gave him a 10 yard cushion. That shit wasnt ever going to work. Got to rotate down and take away the inside throw. They hurt badly a couple of times with that.

6. Our run game/offense is just so basic its really easy to defend. We dont use any motion. We dont throw any screens. We rarely throw anything quick- nothing is just catch the snap and get rid of it. Our run game is just zone/split zone/power read/toss read. We never run a counter, option, straight power, QB sweep. No imagination in the run game.

7. We obviously had a couple of suspensions for the 1st Q yesterday for various reasons. Gibson sat the 1st Q as did a couple others.

8. Yesterday was a really good view of one coach that is overmatched in his job vs another coach that uses imagination and brings excitement to his team. We didnt get out-talented but we damn sure got out-coached.

9. But hey- we beat Ole Miss didnt we?

10. Kick rocks....pound sand...whichever you prefer. #HailState

basedog
12-31-2019, 09:46 AM
Just a sick game plan on both sides of the ball.

cheewgumm
12-31-2019, 09:50 AM
This season is proof that it?s ok to root against your team for the greater good.

We?d have been better off losing to Ole Miss in the long run.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 09:54 AM
I got made fun of for posting the "Hotty Toddy" thread.

How is that looking now?

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2019, 10:00 AM
This season is proof that it?s ok to root against your team for the greater good.

We?d have been better off losing to Ole Miss in the long run.

We've had a family bowl pool going since the mid-1980s. Since enrolling at MSU as a student in 1991, I have never picked against us. I did yesterday.

Dawgface
12-31-2019, 10:05 AM
In the press conference Joe summed up his resume with back to back bowl appearances, a top 25 recruiting class and some other shit. Oh....a bright future. I guess we are suppose to be happy today and looking forward to the future with him. Ha.

Tbonewannabe
12-31-2019, 10:13 AM
In the press conference Joe summed up his resume with back to back bowl appearances, a top 25 recruiting class and some other shit. Oh....a bright future. I guess we are suppose to be happy today and looking forward to the future with him. Ha.

Oddly enough he never mentions how his offense routinely underperforms against almost every single defense. This was supposed to be a QB that could fully run his system and the offense looks worse than it does when either Fitz or a true freshman run it.

MarketingBully
12-31-2019, 10:16 AM
JoMo is 0-5 after a bye week or given weeks to prepare for the other team. He’s a shit coach. He sucks. He needed to be gone yesterday. I’ll just go into my State fan apathy mode until he’s gone like Croom in football and Ray in basketball. Damn, we have some stupid ADs. Templeton and Loafers came to mind. Cohen could find that this genius hire will put a stain on him if JoMo isn’t gone by at the latest next year. But I digress. Let’s hope JoMo doesn’t see past 2020.

Tbonewannabe
12-31-2019, 10:20 AM
JoMo is 0-5 after a bye week or given weeks to prepare for the other team. He’s a shit coach. He sucks. He needed to be gone yesterday. I’ll just go into my State fan apathy mode until he’s gone like Croom in football and Ray in basketball. Damn, we have some stupid ADs. Templeton and Loafers came to mind. Cohen could find that this genius hire will put a stain on him if JoMo isn’t gone by at the latest next year. But I digress. Let’s hope JoMo doesn’t see past 2020.

Give JoMo another year and all the guys who know how hard you have to work in the SEC will be gone. Joe will have destroyed the culture that Croom and Mullen repaired and built after the last years of Jackie when the inmates ran the asylum. Maybe a coach can turn it back around in one year but it wouldn't be surprising if it took several years to repair the damage Joe is doing right now.

dantheman4248
12-31-2019, 10:21 AM
Can't believe I'm out on caring about football again until Thanksgiving. 5 years removed from Dak and this is where we are.

Recruiting does nothing when talent doesn't work hard.

Churchill
12-31-2019, 10:24 AM
This administration is attempting to lower the bar in football and thinks they can offset fan $upport with SEC welfare checks. We've seen all this before...sucked then / sucks now.

Dawg2003
12-31-2019, 10:30 AM
I'm beginning to think Joe is like a sunk cost fallacy to Cohen. He's hitched his wagon to the offensive guru, and he's going to keep him around for awhile.

Scared_Hitless
12-31-2019, 10:39 AM
What is crazy is I am a 49ers fan have been my entire life, so I have seen my share of poorly coached teams with MSU and SF. Joe does nothing well, I understand people say he is better than Croom and honestly in what regard? Croom had at least one thing his teams were terrible and had limited talent, but they were tough and disciplined. Joe has talent and manages to do nothing with it. We are undisciplined, lazy, and generally soft. We quit at the first sign of adversity. JOMO gotta go and I have been one of his defenders.

Watching the creativity Kyle Shanahan uses in the NFL with motion, jet sweeps, counters, traps, and general moves to outflank a defense then coming back to watch MSU on Saturdays is painful. We ran a zone read to the short side of the field when we had a crucial 3rd and 3 and lost 6 yards. Tommy reads the option about as well as Floyd Mayweather reads a book aka not worth a damn. Gonna enjoy a lot of fishing and hunting next season.

In summary Joe is a bad coach in addition to being a bad motivator and bad disciplinarian to boot. In the words of Mike SingleTary can't win with him, Can't do it.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 10:47 AM
I can't stand the lying, conniving, full of shit m'fer. Cohen got taken to the cleaners by a smooth talking con man.

Churchill
12-31-2019, 11:00 AM
Damnit I'm glad you said this. The sight of that son of bitch makes me sick. At least now I know I have company.

msbulldog
12-31-2019, 11:00 AM
Good post Coach thanks. Fire Joe Moorhead immediately.

defiantdog
12-31-2019, 11:05 AM
Don't forget this was a business trip

tcdog70
12-31-2019, 11:10 AM
makes you wonder how in the Hell, Hill lead the SEC in rushing? What could He have done with a good offense?

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 11:15 AM
Don't forget this was a business trip

Yea, but most people do not realize that Sloppy Joe is in the same business as Barnum and Bailey.

In that sense, this trip was business as usual.

Scared_Hitless
12-31-2019, 11:16 AM
makes you wonder how in the Hell, Hill lead the SEC in rushing? What could He have done with a good offense?

I was so hyped to see the duo of Hill and KT in the Mullen Offense it was going to be special. Sadly we never saw that materialize.

lastmajordog
12-31-2019, 11:49 AM
Excellent post C34......

Mjoelner34
12-31-2019, 12:58 PM
Damnit I'm glad you said this. The sight of that son of bitch makes me sick. At least now I know I have company.

Guess adding me makes 3 of us. I don't even listen to his press conferences because I dont even want to hear his voice and I damn sure dont believe anything he says.

parabrave
12-31-2019, 01:34 PM

Well one reason is because LSU and Bama went pass happy.

TUSK
12-31-2019, 02:14 PM
This season is proof that it's ok to root against your team for the greater good.

We'd have been better off losing to Ole Miss in the long run.

I was wondering if/when this was going to be revisited...

Y'all really needed to drop that game, IMO...

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 02:18 PM
I was wondering if/when this was going to be reconsidered...

Y'all really needed to drop that game, IMO...

Drop the Egg Bowl? LOL.

Here's the reality of that long term.

1. We won't keep Joe forever. He's already on borrowed time as it is.

2. Lane Kiffin won't be as good as they expect him to be. I think they have a losing record next year and he has already disappointed them with his recruiting based on small sample size results. They think they are getting Freeze 2.0.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 02:22 PM
Well one reason is because LSU and Bama went pass happy.

And Ole Miss too. And they beat Alabama. That was a factor in the direction we chose to go in. Probably much more so than Bama and LSU because neither one had reached the heights that they did when we hired Joe.

The reality is we are going to have to be able to pass the ball somewhat efficiently to have a chance to get to 10 wins a year. And by efficient I mean 7th in the SEC or higher. We also need to be able to run the ball and be physical on both sides of the ball in addition to that too.

TUSK
12-31-2019, 02:26 PM
Drop the Egg Bowl? LOL.

Here's the reality of that long term.

1. We won't keep Joe forever. He's already on borrowed time as it is.

2. Lane Kiffin won't be as good as they expect him to be. I think they have a losing record next year and he has already disappointed them with his recruiting based on small sample size results. They think they are getting Freeze 2.0.

I get your point of view and I believe it's true... I'm just going off my own (albeit different) experiences... Hell, Dubose winning the 99 SECC was one of the bigger setbacks I can recall in (recent) Bammer history...

Commercecomet24
12-31-2019, 02:36 PM

I'm right there with ya! Feel exactly the same.