PDA

View Full Version : Who Are the Stakeholders

LoneStarDawg
12-31-2019, 09:43 AM
Many of us are pissed because we donate to BC and buy season tickets. We spend a lot of money and feel like we have that right. But, I think it runs a lot deeper than that! I don?t know how long some of you have been around, but the growth around campus and the investments in Starkville over the past decade have been in direct correlation to the success of football. I really believe that. I don?t know how accurate they are, but studies show enrollment growth is impacted by success in athletics(mainly football).So, how much value in your condo are you going to lose if/when football goes back to 4-6 wins on average per year? Stores, bars, restaurants? How many of them can/will survive if we go back to averaging 40K on Saturdays. If you have any type of business mind whatsoever you realize these are real issues. The athletic budget will be fine considering the new SEC tv deal looming. We used to worry about how it would affect the athletic budget, but in today?s SEC that is no longer an issue. I just believe there are more stakeholders than ever before!

IMissJack
12-31-2019, 09:51 AM
I'm sure some economist could tell you what the financial impact there is to Starkville and the region. Starkville definitely has a huge interest in the success of football at MSU.