PDA

View Full Version : It's 8:00 AM: Why is Joe Still Gainfully Employed by MSU?

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 09:00 AM
How is this man still in charge of our football program?

What are those in the Bryan Building waiting on?

Do they still hold a sliver of hope? Can they not see? Are they literal clowns?

If it were me, he would've gotten the Kiffin tarmac treatment last night.

Joe is how 0-5 after bye weeks or with extra time to prepare. Again, what are we waiting on or hoping for?

Surely, I mean surely he gets fired today right?

Maroonthirteen
12-31-2019, 09:06 AM
Watching in person, UL just looked faster than us. At least their offense v our defense.

But watching the 2nd half replay this morning, we were just flat out, out coached. UL did things with their blitzes that totally confused our OL. Our OL was releasing DEs. 180lb DEs and was getting his 2nd sack of the season.

Just ridiculous how clueless we are on offense even with our basic stuff. Not to mention.... never ever.... do we add a new wrinkle from week to week. Anyway..... it's all be said. Moorhead is clueless on how to prepare a team and in game adjustments.

Really Clark?
12-31-2019, 09:06 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/d5ff41919b0874aa87286b9b781ddb37/tenor.gif?itemid=4706423

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 09:08 AM
Watching in person, UL just looked faster than us. At least their offense v our defense.

But watching the 2nd half replay this morning, we were just flat out coached. UL did things with their blitzes that totally confused our OL. Our OL was releasing DEs and 180lb DEs we're getting their 2nd sack of the season.

Just ridiculous how clueless we are on offense even with our basic stuff. Not to mention.... never ever.... do we add a new wrinkle from week to week. Anyway..... it's all be said. Moorhead is clueless on how to prepare a team and in game adjustments.

The coaching matchup was a blood bath

hacker
12-31-2019, 09:11 AM
The sooner y'all let go of this pipe dream of him getting fired this year, the sooner you'll be able to move on to the next stage of grief.

Tbonewannabe
12-31-2019, 09:13 AM
The coaching matchup was a blood bath

What makes it worse is that we could have had that guy but didn't even interview him. All I see with Moorhead is a guy that developed a system that works really well when the defense isn't very fast. He is a shit playcaller and doesn't make any in game adjustments. He is an OK to slightly above average recruiter. Everything else he does is below par in the SEC. He is equal to Chad Morris except he got the benefit of taking over a rock solid program.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 09:17 AM
What makes it worse is that we could have had that guy but didn't even interview him. All I see with Moorhead is a guy that developed a system that works really well when the defense isn't very fast. He is a shit playcaller and doesn't make any in game adjustments. He is an OK to slightly above average recruiter. Everything else he does is below par in the SEC. He is equal to Chad Morris except he got the benefit of taking over a rock solid program.

I think it's fairly obvious to everyone that he's a really bad coach. We get it. No need to continue to hammer that home.

At this point, it's far more about Cohen and Keenum than Joe. It couldn't be more obvious

StateDawg44
12-31-2019, 09:32 AM
The sooner y'all let go of this pipe dream of him getting fired this year, the sooner you'll be able to move on to the next stage of grief.

Winner.....

I'm pissed and embarrassed with the performances we saw this year but nothing is going to change this year.

The best we can hope for if you're in the he's got to go camp is hope he can't pad his stats enough in the early half of next season against crap opponents to have support through the 2nd half of the season against relevant football programs.

Since it's not happening this year, he needs to be fired after the beatdown we receive from A&M so the interim has the full bye week to gather his wits and pull something together to look even slightly improved against Bama. And if Shoop is made the interim and they make him the head coach at the end of the season because there are some minor improvements, we shouldn't expect our results to be much better IMO.

Tbonewannabe
12-31-2019, 09:39 AM
Winner.....

I'm pissed and embarrassed with the performances we saw this year but nothing is going to change this year.

The best we can hope for if you're in the he's got to go camp is hope he can't pad his stats enough in the early half of next season against crap opponents to have support through the 2nd half of the season against relevant football programs.

Since it's not happening this year, he needs to be fired after the beatdown we receive from A&M so the interim has the full bye week to gather his wits and pull something together to look even slightly improved against Bama. And if Shoop is made the interim and they make him the head coach at the end of the season because there are some minor improvements, we shouldn't expect our results to be much better IMO.

The thing is even if we make it through the first few games, that gauntlet is going to break us. We will be lucky to score 20 points total over those 4 games.

Maroonthirteen
12-31-2019, 09:58 AM

Yep. .... and that is what makes yesterday so frustrating. He isn't a good coach, at all. We are stuck with him another 11 months..... at least. I'll be a tv watcher next year.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 10:00 AM
It's 9:00 AM & Joe is still gainfully employed by MSU.

Why?

HailStateSZN19
12-31-2019, 10:06 AM

Why?

Because our admin doesn't have the balls to do what is necessary and what we need to do.

I got my hopes up before and post EB. I'm not expecting this admin to take the correct action anymore.

StateDawg44
12-31-2019, 10:07 AM

Why?

You gonna drive this joke into the ground like you have the Willie vs. Shrader jokes?

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 10:10 AM
We need someone to sneak into Joe's office, take his phone to the bathroom, & dial some hookers

Mjoelner34
12-31-2019, 10:11 AM
You gonna drive this joke into the ground like you have the Willie vs. Shrader jokes?

There certainly is something getting driven into the ground and Cohen/Keenum are allowing it to happen.

Churchill
12-31-2019, 10:13 AM
As I've been saying...the bar has been lowered. Back to the 60's boys !

StateDawg44
12-31-2019, 10:15 AM
There certainly is something getting driven into the ground and Cohen/Keenum are allowing it to happen.

Fact.

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 10:18 AM
The single most correct thing SloMo has said since arriving in Starkville, is that he was going to change the culture of the program.

HailStateSZN19
12-31-2019, 10:21 AM
I didn't think I could get much more depressed or be further out off the ledge regarding our football program & Joe than after the UT game this season.

Welp, this is as depressed as I've been in a loooooooooong time. Last night made me physically sick to watch that crap.

An ACC school picked almost dead last in the preseason for their conference who had the 115th ranked rushing defense and lower tier-ACC talent had us beat 17 MF'n points with minutes left in the game!!!!

I mean GEEZUS, they had us by 17 DAMN POINTS until the garbage time TD (and boy are we good at that if nothing else, racking up garbage points/yards to make games look a touch better in the box score).

I think I'm in full denial mode that he's going to be our coach next season after this craptastic season... I was willing to at least see what staff changes were going to be made if we had won yesterday and looked good but I could care less what changes are made now. The ONE change that needs to be made won't be made until we've suffered through him again next season. This feels like death by 1,000 paper cuts. Just slowly and painfully we're watching our football program sink and it physically makes me sick.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2019, 10:22 AM

Why?

Hell give Cohen time to get back to Starkville to gather the money.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 10:25 AM
Hell give Cohen time to get back to Starkville to gather the money.

He already had it a month ago right?

He also already had a list of coaches.

This shouldn't take long

Would we rather lose a few recruits this year or have our class decimated next year like Ole Miss is currently dealing with?

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 10:28 AM
Things are eerily quite right now.

Non of the Genespage guys are posting, no tweets of support, nothing.

Makes me hope that after all the rumors before the Egg Bowl, the admin is doing a sneak attack & has gone dark.

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 10:31 AM
Things are eerily quite right now.

Non of the Genespage guys are posting, no tweets of support, nothing.

Makes me hope that after all the rumors before the Egg Bowl, the admin is doing a sneak attack & has gone dark.

Cohen may be doing a covert attack to recover his ballsack from SloMos back pocket.

shannondawg
12-31-2019, 10:35 AM
If last night was not enough to get Cohen to see, what most have been saying all year, its gonna get real sad.

I would love to be in the Bryan Bldg today to just see how things are handled.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 10:41 AM
I have literally talked to NOBODY that thinks Joe can fix this. Soooo....why does this AD think he can?

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 10:44 AM
I have literally talked to NOBODY that thinks Joe can fix this. Soooo....why does this AD think he can?

Not sure he does. But what he does have is major donors and many in the Bryan building who are losers, happy with beating OM and making a bowl at 6-6.

This is a battle on many fronts, and I do no think JC has the ability to handle it the correct way.

And this is not a new battle. JWS graduated with my Aunt and has been a lifelong family friend. When I was a kid, he would let my dad and I on field during pregame warmups. Something I?ll never forget. That and dodging the Westerfield FG warmups.

He battled the people in the Bryan Building the entire time he was in Starkville. The stories he can tell and the best ones are about his interactions with LT. Sherrill pushed back against the poor ole Mississippi State group.

msbulldog
12-31-2019, 10:45 AM
Fire him now, this should be embarrassing to every MSU fan.

tcdog70
12-31-2019, 10:54 AM
watching the game--I was wondering why our defense was sucking a big one.. then, i remembered--no-Thompson-Morgan-Cole-both starting cbs- That is alot to overcome. with that being said--the offense was just as pitiful as always. Tommy--made several shitty reads and He continues to hold the ball too long. He can't escape pressure like Schrader can. we throw no screens or slants. we fail to throw the ball to Osirus. I would have like to have seen us start the game with Hill in the wildcat and just ran the ball. that would have giving us an extra blocker. 21 was gashing them and then we throw it 3 times for nothing.

Jack Lambert
12-31-2019, 11:02 AM
He already had it a month ago right?

He also already had a list of coaches.

This shouldn't take long

Would we rather lose a few recruits this year or have our class decimated next year like Ole Miss is currently dealing with?

Maybe or maybe not but if he did have the money apparently they took it back.

msudawg1200
12-31-2019, 11:16 AM
Dude, nothing is going to happen. I read it either in another post here or on another board, but there won?t be a peep out of our football program for a while. Our administration is going to keep silent and hope all the bitching will die down by not saying anything.

defiantdog
12-31-2019, 11:17 AM
watching the game--I was wondering why our defense was sucking a big one.. then, i remembered--no-Thompson-Morgan-Cole-both starting cbs- That is alot to overcome. with that being said--the offense was just as pitiful as always. Tommy--made several shitty reads and He continues to hold the ball too long. He can't escape pressure like Schrader can. we throw no screens or slants. we fail to throw the ball to Osirus. I would have like to have seen us start the game with Hill in the wildcat and just ran the ball. that would have giving us an extra blocker. 21 was gashing them and then we throw it 3 times for nothing.

We've never had a successful offensive game plan under JoMo..... He runs a limited playbook and bases his plays on what the defense gives him on every play.

Losing Thompson hurt because Washington was clueless in zone coverage. The other losses hurt, but weren't exactly game changers. We still couldn't pressure the QB without blitzing, we were still confused in zone coverage, we still had safeties bite on the play action

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 11:17 AM
Dude, nothing is going to happen. I read it either in another post here or on another board, but there won?t be a peep out of our football program for a while. Our administration is going to keep silent and hope all the bitching will die down by not saying anything.

We'll know pretty soon if some assistants get fired.

shannondawg
12-31-2019, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=RougeDawg;1207479]

Not sure he does. But what he does have is major donors and many in the Bryan building who are losers, happy with beating OM and making a bowl at 6-6.

This is a battle on many fronts, and I do no think JC has the ability to handle it the correct way.

No way of knowing now , but at one time I was fairly connected, but i doubt they have the same clout they did when pulling LT's strings. Besides most of them are too old now. Probably a new crop, and maybe they don't want to throw good money after bad. Besides donors are usually ones that are all for cutting the string in times like these.

To clarify my being fairly connected, at least to know what was going on, but not to be able to have say that counted.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 11:41 AM
It’s almost 11:00 and Joe Moorhead is still employed. And not a single PEEP out of administration; exactly what I said.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 11:45 AM
It’s almost 11:00 and Joe Moorhead is still employed. And not a single PEEP out of administration; exactly what I said.

they'll have to fire assistants at some point. We'll know by default at that point

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 11:46 AM
We'll know pretty soon if some assistants get fired.

That’s part of the problem. We will not “Fire” anyone. We will just let it be done quietly. We need to make a PUBLIC announcement that a new OC is going to INSTALL and run the offense and play calling. Anything less will not work!!

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 11:54 AM
That’s part of the problem. We will not “Fire” anyone. We will just let it be done quietly. We need to make a PUBLIC announcement that a new OC is going to INSTALL and run the offense and play calling. Anything less will not work!!

What stupid OC is going to come here in this lame duck situation?

This is what I don't understand. People think we actually have leverage to upgrade our coaching staff right now without firing Joe. We don't

Coach34
12-31-2019, 11:57 AM
We've never had a successful offensive game plan under JoMo..... He runs a limited playbook and bases his plays on what the defense gives him on every play.

Losing Thompson hurt because Washington was clueless in zone coverage. The other losses hurt, but weren't exactly game changers. We still couldn't pressure the QB without blitzing, we were still confused in zone coverage, we still had safeties bite on the play action

We cant get a pass rush without blitzing- and we lose our best pass rusher heading into next year. We will have a new secondary. At least we will have our offense to carry us next year

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 12:02 PM
We cant get a pass rush without blitzing- and we lose our best pass rusher heading into next year. We will have a new secondary. At least we will have our offense to carry us next year

We have to ask ourselves, “Why would our administration allow this to happen?”

OLJWales
12-31-2019, 12:02 PM
It's 11:02 a.m. wtf is going on?

confucius say
12-31-2019, 12:04 PM

We get lost in zone coverage regularly. Jones does it the most. Emerson and Williams do a better job.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 12:05 PM
It's 11:02 a.m. wtf is going on?

Great question. Should've happened last night.

I haven't the slightest clue what our admin is thinking right now. I can't remember a more obvious decision that had to be made

OLJWales
12-31-2019, 12:12 PM
Does Lafayette, LA have an airport? Anybody doing any tracking?

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 12:16 PM
Does Lafayette, LA have an airport? Anybody doing any tracking?

At this point....ANY coach would be better. Even if we had to go interim.

Rex54
12-31-2019, 12:23 PM
Did Cohen/Keenum REALLY not have a contingency plan for if we got embarrassed in the Bowl game?

Were they REALLY not prepared to pull the trigger after all that has played out?

TrapGame
12-31-2019, 12:47 PM
Cohen is making Joe make staff changes when the problem is the head coach, not any one of the asst. coaches. These two years of absolute mediocrity and regression rests squarely on the shoulders of Joe Moorhead. Hiring new asst. coaches will not change a damn thing.

Coursesuper
12-31-2019, 12:53 PM
Cohen is making Joe make staff changes when the problem is the head coach, not any one of the asst. coaches. These two years of absolute mediocrity and regression rests squarely on the shoulders of Joe Moorhead. Hiring new asst. coaches will not change a damn thing.

This is correct, lucky to win 4 next season.

StateDawg44
12-31-2019, 01:36 PM
Did Cohen/Keenum REALLY not have a contingency plan for if we got embarrassed in the Bowl game?

Were they REALLY not prepared to pull the trigger after all that has played out?

They aren't ready because there is nothing for them to be ready for because nothing was ever going to happen win or lose.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 01:37 PM
They aren't ready because there is nothing for them to be ready for because nothing was ever going to happen win or lose.

It's unfathomable how uncommitted to football we are.

How can they ask fans to be committed when the admin clearly is not?

Our actions here exude that we don't give a flying 17 about this program

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 01:44 PM
It's unfathomable how uncommitted to football we are.

How can they ask fans to be committed when the admin clearly is not?

Our actions here exude that we don't give a flying 17 about this program

Steve is saying that the changes were already in place. If this is the case then why wait? There would be absolutely no reason to wait. Why does MSU have to wait? No university committed to Football would wait. The truth of the matter is that this is incompetence at its finest. A bunch of people dedicated to themselves above the University. We must do the right thing and end this JoMo Shit Show.

StateDawg44
12-31-2019, 01:48 PM
OUR actions????

Our administrations actions exude that.

OUR (as a collective fanbase) hands are tied. Other than waiting for them to see how attendance and donations are impacted next year as a result of being stubborn we have no power. And then we are still only hoping they get the message.

And ultimately, resorting to those measures does damage and sucks to even have to talk about.

At this point it seems like all we are is baseball and girls basketball school.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 01:49 PM
Steve is saying that the changes were already in place. If this is the case then why wait? There would be absolutely no reason to wait. Why does MSU have to wait? No university committed to Football would wait. The truth of the matter is that this is incompetence at its finest. A bunch of people dedicated to themselves above the University. We must do the right thing and end this JoMo Shit Show.

Or why can't they just fire everyone?

I don't even see what Cohen & Keenum could be hoping for right now in regards to keeping Joe.

It's ridiculous that they believe they believe he can turn things around.

I can't even imagine what the thought process could be right now

PGHBulldogBG
12-31-2019, 01:49 PM
As much as I dislike Moorhead and have from day 1, I’m not real sold on anyone available at this time. Hud is the best option and maybe Napier but I would like to see Napier have another 10 or 11 win year with a conference title. The mistake is on Cohen for trying to hire a coordinator instead of a proven coach like Satterfield or Brown after Mullen left. Those 2 should’ve been the easy choices and I believe they both would’ve taken the job if offered. Now we are stuck because we hired a recruiter and not a coach. That philosophy won’t work at Miss State. We aren’t capable of pulling a head coach from a power 5 conference. I am as frustrated as anyone, but we might need to just deal with him until someone becomes more proven that isn’t already taken at a lower level school.

Coursesuper
12-31-2019, 01:57 PM

Where is this POS saying this, what are his exact words? Thats important when these clowns write things.

NCDawg
12-31-2019, 02:00 PM
As much as I dislike Moorhead and have from day 1, I’m not real sold on anyone available at this time. Hud is the best option and maybe Napier but I would like to see Napier have another 10 or 11 win year with a conference title. The mistake is on Cohen for trying to hire a coordinator instead of a proven coach like Satterfield or Brown after Mullen left. Those 2 should’ve been the easy choices and I believe they both would’ve taken the job if offered. Now we are stuck because we hired a recruiter and not a coach. That philosophy won’t work at Miss State. We aren’t capable of pulling a head coach from a power 5 conference. I am as frustrated as anyone, but we might need to just deal with him until someone becomes more proven that isn’t already taken at a lower level school.

I think you're probably right. Cohen and Keenum aren't going to fire Moorhead. They will probably insist of a few coaching changes, but that will probably be about it. Meanwhile, our football program will revert back to a 60's mode.

OLJWales
12-31-2019, 02:00 PM
Lol, my brother who doesn't Jack with sports forums texted me yesterday saying Joe has got to go. He lives in NC and was surprised when I told him before the egg bowl my ED sources had Joe gone. This just an example of fans who are not as connected feel about things.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 02:58 PM
2:00 Bells and all’s well.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 03:05 PM
Where is this POS saying this, what are his exact words? Thats important when these clowns write things.

Steve said there are changes already agreed to in staff, but doesn't expect Joe to be one. He said there are some minor rumblings tho, as there is after any loss like this.

Coursesuper
12-31-2019, 03:14 PM
Steve said there are changes already agreed to in staff, but doesn't expect Joe to be one. He said there are some minor rumblings tho, as there is after any loss like this.

Halfass, trying to micromanage a shitty situation now. Seen this happen over and over and it never works, just cut the cord and move on.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 03:16 PM
Halfass, trying to micromanage a shitty situation now. Seen this happen over and over and it never works, just cut the cord and move on.

I totally agree. You can't force a HC to take on coaches ... it never works. The HC just resents the hell out of it and nothing changes.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 03:17 PM

You are exactly right!! We have already experienced this scenario at MSU and we NEVER learn.

Coursesuper
12-31-2019, 03:28 PM
You are exactly right!! We have already experienced this scenario at MSU and we NEVER learn.

The handling of this situation from its inception has been dreadfully bad, absolute amateur hour garbage. These people are paid way to much money to do things this poorly, for those that felt embarrassed by our play yesterday, these clowns say hold our beer.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 03:30 PM
The handling of this situation from its inception has been dreadfully bad, absolute amateur hour garbage. These people are paid way to much money to do things this poorly, for those that felt embarrassed by our play yesterday, these clowns say hold our beer.

Same as the Cann and then Lemonis baseball hires. So far Lemonis seems good but I thought we were getting someone who had been to Omaha??

Goldendawg
12-31-2019, 03:45 PM
Staff changes with him in place will not help. How many of you with playing or coaching backgrounds under a competent coach would want to work for him? It for some time has made me sick to see his face and hear his broken record excuses.

msudawg1200
12-31-2019, 03:47 PM
Staff changes with him in place will not help. How many of you with playing or coaching backgrounds under a competent coach would want to work for him? It for some time has made me sick to see his face and hear his broken record excuses.

Staff changes will do nothing. It starts at the top. That guy is nowhere close to an SEC coach.

Cloak
12-31-2019, 03:48 PM
If Kylin decides to not enter the draft, but transfer instead, that will be very telling

Goldendawg
12-31-2019, 03:48 PM
Same as the Cann and then Lemonis baseball hires. So far Lemonis seems good but I thought we were getting someone who had been to Omaha??ck

Cohen and Jo have a lot in common. Big mouth statements that neither can back up. Bet the fights that they have trying to outsmart each other in their weekly chess matches make the 6 on 6 episode look like a pillow fight.

Goldendawg
12-31-2019, 03:50 PM
If Kylin decides to not enter the draft, but transfer instead, that will be very telling

Check his stats this year. He was much like our offense as a whole. Everything achieved against defenses without a pulse, UL excepted due to his injury.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 03:51 PM
ck

Cohen and Jo have a lot in common. Big mouth statements that neither can back up. Bet the fights that they have trying to outsmart each other in their weekly chess matches make the 6 on 6 episode look like a pillow fight.

Both of their mouths write a bunch of checks they're bodies can't cash.

Cloak
12-31-2019, 03:52 PM
Check his stats this year. He was much like our offense as a whole. Everything achieved against defenses without a pulse, UL excepted due to his injury.

Check out his FB

BeardoMSU
12-31-2019, 03:54 PM
ck

Cohen was a successful coach that won championships and took us to 2 games away from winning the big one....let's not overlook that, lol.

TALL DAWG
12-31-2019, 03:57 PM
We need someone to sneak into Joe's office, take his phone to the bathroom, & dial some hookers

SG Dog...u just posted the best message of 2019...LMAO...!

TUSK
12-31-2019, 04:02 PM
Check out his FB

Pre Madonna.

Rex54
12-31-2019, 04:08 PM
Check out his FB

Boo ****ing hoo I'm sick of this woe is me shit from Fathead Joe on down. Soft soft soft. You know who wouldn't put up with that shit.... Billy 17'n Napier.

Physiognomy is a real thing.

Soft: Pillsbury Slow Boy

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.2mYIjU_xXp68Kaq22okO8QHaJ4&pid=Api&dpr=2

Tough: Iron Napier

https://coachingtreehotseat.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/billy-napier-louisiana.jpg

Goldendawg
12-31-2019, 04:22 PM
Cohen was a successful coach that won championships and took us to 2 games away from winning the big one....let's not overlook that, lol.

As a baseball coach and I loved it. Jury still out on his body of work as an AD. Went to every home game in FB and game day experience this year was a joke both on the field, with concessions ( running out of food items), metal detector lines, and lack of concession workers. Ozzy approved of the bats showing up for that one home game, however!**