PDA

View Full Version : Keyton Thompson got absolutely screwed

cheewgumm
12-31-2019, 08:53 AM
Look at those reads last night. Stevens is bad at reading ?give or take?. His throws aren?t that much better than KT to warrant starting over him. And KT is light years better in the read option.

I Feel for KT but it hurt us the fans and the school more.

Scared_Hitless
12-31-2019, 09:07 AM
KT would have won 8 games. Joe coming here royally screwed one of the highly touted guys we have ever gotten on campus. Not only that it severed relations in the NO area in all likelihood.

We win yesterday with a competent QB running the read whether that was Garrett or KT.

bluelightstar
12-31-2019, 09:13 AM
KT would have won 8 games. Joe coming here royally screwed one of the highly touted guys we have ever gotten on campus. Not only that it severed relations in the NO area in all likelihood.

We win yesterday with a competent QB running the read whether that was Garrett or KT.

There is no doubt that we’ve taken a perception hit in New Orleans. It’s all I hear about from the locals when I wear State clothing down there now.

Offshore Dawg
12-31-2019, 09:15 AM
look at it this way, 2019 is OVER and he can't play next year.

redstickdawg
12-31-2019, 09:17 AM
TS made almost every read wrong and it showed. KT should be lauded by MSU fans for his loyalty and also putting up with this monkey of a coach that tries to f*** a basketball.

StateDawg44
12-31-2019, 09:21 AM
Why has he not re-entered the portal yet?

If I were him I would've done it as soon as the Egg Bowl was over.

MrKotter
12-31-2019, 09:26 AM
Have any of you posting actually seen him play? I'm thinking not

cheewgumm
12-31-2019, 09:29 AM
Are Any of you defending this watching the games now?

Apparently not.

Scared_Hitless
12-31-2019, 09:30 AM

I saw him beat Louisville, break our school TD record for a single game, and also saw him will our team back against Ole Miss when our coach had quit on us. Yeah he doesn't throw a pretty practice spiral like Tommy but he is 100% more of a gamer and the team would have rallied behind him.

DeputyDawg94
12-31-2019, 10:22 AM
I would have loved to see what KT could have done yesterday. I do feel bad for him. His situation was handled poorly, but what else should we expect from Joe? He can’t even handle telling the ST coach to tell the kick returners to fair catch the FN ball.

gtowndawg
12-31-2019, 10:35 AM
I saw him beat Louisville, break our school TD record for a single game, and also saw him will our team back against Ole Miss when our coach had quit on us. Yeah he doesn't throw a pretty practice spiral like Tommy but he is 100% more of a gamer and the team would have rallied behind him.

Amen.

tcdog70
12-31-2019, 11:13 AM
if JoMo would have played KT yesterday and we won the game--He would have looked the fool--for not playing him sooner.Joe would not play KT because he would have looked bad.

gtowndawg
12-31-2019, 11:21 AM
if JoMo would have played KT yesterday and we won the game--He would have looked the fool--for not playing him sooner.Joe would not play KT because he would have looked bad.

I said the exact same thing at the game yesterday. But he treats them all like he's their own son (eye roll).

ScoobaDawg
12-31-2019, 11:35 AM
We all got screwed.... I'm determined to not pay attention to spring ball unless notable staff changes are made.

bulldawg28
12-31-2019, 11:39 AM
KT is a gamer!

parabrave
12-31-2019, 11:45 AM

Yes since his 11th grade.

chef dixon
12-31-2019, 11:56 AM
A few of us have been saying this for an entire year but man there was a lot of backlash for it up until recently. But hey, Tommy "sPuN iT!!!!" at the Manning Passing academy! His completion percentage in 7v7 practice drills was amazing also.

OLJWales
12-31-2019, 12:15 PM

This.

RiverCityDawg
12-31-2019, 12:27 PM
Joe and this offense would have made KT look bad too. When are you people going to get it? You romanticize what KT could do with Mullen as his coach. That's not what we would have gotten. KT would have looked like every other QB looks like in this offense: dog shit, because it's a dog shit offense and coaching staff.

Tommy (when/if healthy) would have been just fine with Mullen or some other competent coach. Same with KT. But we have a clown.

So just stop with the "we would have won 8 with KT" horse shit. This coach can only win 8 with the best defense in school history and the SEC's leading QB rusher. He ain't winning 8 with this defense and Keytaon friggin Thompson. And it's not because KT isn't good, because he's a fine QB.

dantheman4248
12-31-2019, 12:41 PM
KT in Egg Bowl 0-1
Jomo in Egg Bowl 2-0

If you don't see the improvement you're blind. We're here to win state championships not national championships. Kick rocks if you aren't with the program you sand pounders.

chef dixon
12-31-2019, 12:52 PM
Joe and this offense would have made KT look bad too. When are you people going to get it? You romanticize what KT could do with Mullen as his coach. That's not what we would have gotten. KT would have looked like every other QB looks like in this offense: dog shit, because it's a dog shit offense and coaching staff.

Tommy (when/if healthy) would have been just fine with Mullen or some other competent coach. Same with KT. But we have a clown.

So just stop with the "we would have won 8 with KT" horse shit. This coach can only win 8 with the best defense in school history and the SEC's leading QB rusher. He ain't winning 8 with this defense and Keytaon friggin Thompson. And it's not because KT isn't good, because he's a fine QB.

May be correct, but it does not change the fact he got screwed. Even to the point where we had some fans calling him a "bitch loser quitter," with is unfathomable to think someone could have that perspective with all that has transpired.

OLJWales
12-31-2019, 01:09 PM
Does anybody think that Joe just didn't give a shit whether or not we had the WR's and pass blockers needed to run his style of offense? Didn't Joe inherit players designed to RTDB? if this is true, which I'm thinking it is from reading ED, then that alone would tell Cohen all he needs to know.

timotheus
12-31-2019, 01:18 PM
The issue that he didn't have "his guys" can't be argued. What we thought was that we had a guru who could adapt and utilize current players and scheme to their skill set and slowly work toward implementing his video game offense.

parabrave
12-31-2019, 01:22 PM
KT in Egg Bowl 0-1
Jomo in Egg Bowl 2-0

If you don't see the improvement you're blind. We're here to win state championships not national championships. Kick rocks if you aren't with the program you sand pounders.

You forgot these *****

RiverCityDawg
12-31-2019, 01:33 PM
May be correct, but it does not change the fact he got screwed. Even to the point where we had some fans calling him a "bitch loser quitter," with is unfathomable to think someone could have that perspective with all that has transpired.

I mean sure, but I don't think he got screwed anymore than any of our other players subjected to playing in this offense. He was not a better passer than Tommy in practice - FACT. I actually don't blame Joe for trying to bring in players he thought could improve the team. That's his job. KT wasn't owed anything. It would not have made a difference other than perhaps KT could have stayed healthy and provided continuity at the QB position. He still would have looked like trash just look every other QB on this offense.

I wish for KT's sake he would have just transferred in June when Tommy got here. That way he could redshirt elsewhere and not waste a year. Now he has to stay and graduate, transfer down or lose a year.

bulldawg28
12-31-2019, 01:44 PM
I mean sure, but I don't think he got screwed anymore than any of our other players subjected to playing in this offense. He was not a better passer than Tommy in practice - FACT. I actually don't blame Joe for trying to bring in players he thought could improve the team. That's his job. KT wasn't owed anything. It would not have made a difference other than perhaps KT could have stayed healthy and provided continuity at the QB position. He still would have looked like trash just look every other QB on this offense.

I wish for KT's sake he would have just transferred in June when Tommy got here. That way he could redshirt elsewhere and not waste a year. Now he has to stay and graduate, transfer down or lose a year.

He definitely could have redshirted this year.

Lord McBuckethead
12-31-2019, 02:33 PM

Bingo. Not counting coming in his freshman year for fitz ankle, he is 3-0 as a starter, right? He puts points on the board, he is an MSU guy, and he can read the damn rpo options. I wish he was one year younger than he is, because his timing always sucked. The battle between him, Shrader, and the new guy would be awesome.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2019, 02:36 PM
Look at those reads last night. Stevens is bad at reading ?give or take?. His throws aren?t that much better than KT to warrant starting over him. And KT is light years better in the read option.

I Feel for KT but it hurt us the fans and the school more.

I tried telling this board this after his post game stunt after the Egg. He screwed KT and divided the locker room. It has become a race deal to some of the kids and honestly if I were them I could see it.

Its not really a race deal its a Moorhead arrogance deal but I can see where they are coming from

RiverCityDawg
12-31-2019, 02:39 PM
He definitely could have redshirted this year.

He did redshirt this year, but now he'll have to graduate here before leaving in order to be eligible right away, so if he is able to do that he'll have to stay through the spring and therefore will miss spring practice wherever he goes next. Or he'll have to transfer to FCS, or he'll transfer to a P5 school before graduating and lose a year when he sits next year.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 02:40 PM
KT isn't that good. Not sure when he became Joe Montana but he just isn't what some fans make him out to be. He had trouble completing passes in warm ups. And part of the reason he is still here is no one wanted him.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2019, 02:45 PM
KT isn't that good. Not sure when he became Joe Montana but he just isn't what some fans make him out to be. He had trouble completing passes in warm ups. And part of the reason he is still here is no one wanted him.

KT is tougher than Stevens and a winner. Always has been. There is no way in hell he should have never gotten a shot to play a single rep at QB this year. Only an incompetent arrogant fool would do that.

This season was done when Moorhead gave Stevens the captain without him having earned it

RiverCityDawg
12-31-2019, 02:55 PM
KT is tougher than Stevens and a winner. Always has been. There is no way in hell he should have never gotten a shot to play a single rep at QB this year. Only an incompetent arrogant fool would do that.

This season was done when Moorhead gave Stevens the captain without him having earned it

So Joe rigged the votes? Someone else had more votes, and you're saying Joe gave Tommy the he nod and then lied to everyone and said he won the vote?

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 03:04 PM

Stevens is injury prone. KT can not complete passes. Period. And the players that want him to start because he's their friend shouldn't have had a say in the matter at all because it's not their decision. Our best QB got hurt by one of our "leaders" and Garrett is who really should have been started.

And before you tell me that Garrett got suspended once- so did KT. Which was why we went after Tommy in the first place so this is partially KT's fault to start with.

We can't rail on the players for not being tough and then say that we should give in to what they want when it's not the best decision for the team.

bulldawg28
12-31-2019, 03:42 PM
So Joe rigged the votes? Someone else had more votes, and you're saying Joe gave Tommy the he nod and then lied to everyone and said he won the vote?

There is no way that Tommy was voted captain by his teammates after being there for 2 months. Tommy wouldn't even know the teammates names in that short amount of time let alone win them over as a captain. Moorehead is lying through his teeth. I'm amazed that people didn't actually think the situation through.

bulldawg28
12-31-2019, 03:46 PM
Stevens is injury prone. KT can not complete passes. Period. And the players that want him to start because he's their friend shouldn't have had a say in the matter at all because it's not their decision. Our best QB got hurt by one of our "leaders" and Garrett is who really should have been started.

And before you tell me that Garrett got suspended once- so did KT. Which was why we went after Tommy in the first place so this is partially KT's fault to start with.

We can't rail on the players for not being tough and then say that we should give in to what they want when it's not the best decision for the team.

How crazy are you sounding right now? So you go after a grad transfer to only play one game for a suspended player? Moorehead brought big softee in to start. He's been terrible picking Qb talent and character at State with the exception of Rogers imo.

dantheman4248
12-31-2019, 04:56 PM
You forgot these *****

If someone needed sarcasterisks for that then I'm surprised they've made it this far in life to use a computer and access this post on ED.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 05:01 PM
There is no way that Tommy was voted captain by his teammates after being there for 2 months. Tommy wouldn't even know the teammates names in that short amount of time let alone win them over as a captain. Moorehead is lying through his teeth. I'm amazed that people didn't actually think the situation through.

I was suspicious. Most of the time the captains are guys that have put in the work and sweat with the team over a pretty good length of time. It didn't feel quite right when I heard he was "voted" the captain after such a short period of time.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 05:03 PM

I'm not surprised if this happened. Joe needed to validate all the drama he stirred up with the QB situation. Joe's about looking good ... not being good. Optics matter to him.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 05:09 PM
How crazy are you sounding right now? So you go after a grad transfer to only play one game for a suspended player? Moorehead brought big softee in to start. He's been terrible picking Qb talent and character at State with the exception of Rogers imo.

My point was that KT hasn't been a model citizen himself. Stevens is better than KT so KT being suspended wasn't the only factor at play. I like Rogers too.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 05:12 PM
I'm not surprised if this happened. Joe needed to validate all the drama he stirred up with the QB situation. Joe's about looking good ... not being good. Optics matter to him.

Joe should have told them that who plays is his decision not theirs and if they had a problem with it leave. Would have solved some issues that I see. Nicholls State fans won't kiss their ass like some of ours do so they wouldn't leave.

RiverCityDawg
12-31-2019, 06:04 PM

Yeah I'm calling bull shit on this. If they didn't vote Tommy captain they would know. These guys talk to each other. If it was someone no one expected to be captain they would figure it out. Your bias has pushed you over the edge. There is plenty to complain about without making up some captain vote rigging conspiracy theory. There's just too much for Moorhead to lose and not enough to gain for me to believe he fixed the captain results.

bulldawg28
12-31-2019, 06:49 PM
Yeah I'm calling bull shit on this. If they didn't vote Tommy captain they would know. These guys talk to each other. If it was someone no one expected to be captain they would figure it out. Your bias has pushed you over the edge. There is plenty to complain about without making up some captain vote rigging conspiracy theory. There's just too much for Moorhead to lose and not enough to gain for me to believe he fixed the captain results.

There are 105 players on the team. They do not poll each other on who voted for whom. Part of the team division is due to Tommy being named the starter. Speak what you know. Tommy is not the players choice for a captain.

timotheus
12-31-2019, 07:00 PM
Joe in charge! all is positive. he said so in the post game presser.

Dawg2003
12-31-2019, 07:45 PM
I thought it was really interesting that on "The Boneyard" today, Steve said he didn't think Joe should have brought Tommy Stevens in. First time I've heard him say that.