PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead is a slick-talking, con man that happens to know about offensive football

Indndawg
12-31-2019, 08:06 AM
and JC bought the schtick hook,line and sinker.

I can only hope key cigar boys have seen enough and will put the $ down to move JC's hand, otherwise...don't even bother with 2020.

bulldawg989
12-31-2019, 11:23 AM
I don't think Moorhead actually cares about winning, he's getting paid no matter what. He can use any number of ready-made excuses for his failure without ever accepting blame. He knows Cohen is
spineless and dumb, he dared the "cigar boys" (what a joke of a description) to buy him out knowing they wouldn't. He is holding all the cards making Keenum, Cohen and the rest of the students, supporters, fans, etc. accept it. He's smart, I'll give him credit for taking the job and figuring out he would be 2 steps ahead of Cohen the whole time.

It's sad really, there isn't an AD or HC in the SEC that are worse than what MSU has, even Vandy is better in both categories, I am ashamed of what MSU has become. The worst part of it all is I don't think Cohen much gives a shit either, like Moorhead he's getting paid no matter what and cares more about his ego than MSU - it's pathetic that he ever wore maroon and white.

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 11:28 AM
You got most of it right but ... I don't think he really understands offensive football that well at all. And he certainly doesn't understand what he sees in video prep. I can tell from his pressers that he is mostly clueless. He gives the same reasons every presser for why his offense isn't moving the ball. And it's always they changed some things from what he had seen in video, they brought pressure from different angles, etc. Really??? I'd have to go back and watch it in slomo myself but I'd bet half of what he gives as excuses isn't even true.

msbulldog
12-31-2019, 11:36 AM
Fire him today.

NWADAWG
12-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Well, I certainly found it offensive.

TrapGame
12-31-2019, 11:39 AM
If Joe stays get ready for more player problems. Joe's lost control. Next season will be as toxic as Three Mile Island.

We are making the next coach's job harder by keeping Joe another year.

CovertDawg
12-31-2019, 11:46 AM
He isn't a con man but he is in over his head trying to be the daily recruiter for all prospects, manage existing players, and call offensive plays. At the very least, he needs to hand the reins over to an offensive coordinator. Satterfield has an OC background yet he had no problem letting an OC call plays.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 11:51 AM
If Joe stays get ready for more player problems. Joe's lost control. Next season will be as toxic as Three Mile Island.

This is exactly right.

NCDawg
12-31-2019, 12:12 PM

Agree, and it is possible we could actually lose money by keeping him when you consider fan apathy and lack of ticket sales. Cohen needs to realize that he made a colossal mistake hiring this guy and he needs to do what he can now to rectify the situation.

Maroonthirteen
12-31-2019, 12:12 PM
Moorhead really wants to be successful and wAnts his team and players to be successful. Problem is, he is just like Croom in that he believes his offense is flawless and it's the execution that's the problem. In other words, not his fault, everyone else's.

He will continue to draw up his plays and wow everyone with his chalk talk. However what he needs to understand is football isn't played on a white board.