PDA

View Full Version : Other than coaching the biggest thing wrong.............

Liverpooldawg
12-31-2019, 12:09 AM
is lack of speed. We are just slow compared to most teams we play.

Westdawg
12-31-2019, 12:12 AM
We are slow because offensively, EVERYONE on the field is not sure of what to do. It causes I
Players individually and as a whole to not be precise and quick with their actions/movement. They are always having to think - not just do/react.
Defensively, we look slow because of a lot of injuries and youth. But the DL and secondary has improved with these young guys the past few games

Lord McBuckethead
12-31-2019, 12:44 AM
Defensively we are slow cause everyone is trying to do something other than their position. DL isn't getting pressure, TFL, or containment. Lb are cheating to help with the run too much and have to blitz to help with the pressure. That leaves giant areas of no mans land. Add to that everyone was young with limited reps, and everyone is slightly out of position.

Also, we are literally slower than almost every team in the league except Vandy and Arkansas.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 12:49 AM
Some of it is S&C. We just aren't very athletic or explosive right now and look out of shape.

Bothrops
12-31-2019, 01:27 AM
We don't look athletic walking around either. I remember Dan's (lazy, but only at MSU) ass having some teams after 2010 that lacked speed, but I don't remember being this sloth on both offense and defense at the same time for a game. We just got absolutely smoked by a team of mid to upper level 3 star players. A lot of it is coaching, but it's also S/C and lack of accountability. Too many positions have heavy bodies with no quick twitch or slow lateral movement ability. I don't understand how this happens to an SEC squad in this day and age, though, so I don't know.

KOdawg1
12-31-2019, 01:44 AM
That's called half-ass practices and workouts for 9 months out of the year. You don't wake up on gameday and decide you want to be tough. Toughness is built when no one is watching you. It's not built by running to twitter like half of our weak-ass team does every day.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-31-2019, 10:57 AM
Yeah it was UL were talking about, theres no way they were literally faster than us in a purely athletic context.

No, I agree with the other posters, UL simply knew what to do and we didnt. All it takes is a reaction being 2nd nature tot the UL guy and a slight processing time for ours and its 1-2 yards difference.

UL was going full speed with confidence. We were hesitating and being unsure of ourselves.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2019, 02:38 PM
We are confused and dont play hard. That is our biggest problem. The HC allows it instead of doing something about it. Everything you see on a football field is either coached or allowed

Bubb Rubb
12-31-2019, 02:41 PM
is lack of speed. We are just slow compared to most teams we play.

We have speed. The perceived lack of speed is due to the pace of the offense,and the offensive scheme.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2019, 02:43 PM
That's called half-ass practices and workouts for 9 months out of the year. You don't wake up on gameday and decide you want to be tough. Toughness is built when no one is watching you. It's not built by running to twitter like half of our weak-ass team does every day.

Moorhead is a big energy on gameday guy too. Its a fraud. The kids see through it