PDA

View Full Version : Alright, all those with connections...

DLGDawg
12-30-2019, 11:58 PM
Serious question. Are y'all hearing any rumblings yet??
Seems that with the fight (along with the embarrassment) and the crap show of a game, that gives Cohen and Keemun a get out of jail free card to get rid of Joemo. .

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 12:03 AM
Like I said if anything happens it would happen in the next day or two. After that I'm pretty sure he's staying.

Croom was fired one day after the Egg Bowl 45-0 loss.

Jackie resigned a couple of days after he got into it with Tommy West which was embarrassing at the time.

That's as far back as I go with football coaches being fired.

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 12:40 AM
No. My connections were flat out lied to before the EB by Cohen himself, on phone calls.

They now do not trust Cohen. Guess time will tell, but JC has burned bridges with most of the alumni and many media people. His credibility is shot on all fronts, unless he does what he said he would do before the EB.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 12:53 AM
No. My connections were flat out lied to before the EB by Cohen himself, on phone calls.

They now do not trust Cohen. Guess time will tell, but JC has burned bridges with most of the alumni and many media people. His credibility is shot on all fronts, unless he does what he said he would do before the EB.

Probably didn't help having Rosebowl tell everyone that the rumors were never true to start with. I'm assuming those were marching orders.

DLGDawg
12-31-2019, 01:24 AM

Thanks Rouge. Appreciate your input.

CadaverDawg
12-31-2019, 01:32 AM
I thought the shit show a month ago proved that nobody on here has connections. Did I miss something?

My sources (my eyes), do inform me that we are in for a shitty few years though. FWIW

KOdawg1
12-31-2019, 01:36 AM
Nothing will happen until next year. We had our chance. But we beat a terrible Ole Miss team (with luck) and that's good enough for the ones with the power to make the decisions, which is why we'll never amount to shit. We're content with winning 6 games and beating OM, while the the rest of our division is set on higher expectations.

And yes, we have major disadvantages compared to the rest, but Mullen showed that it's possible to win here. We can win 9-10 games. But due to our limitations, you have to follow a specific blueprint. Joe won't follow that blueprint. He has *****fied our culture to the point of us having the toughness of a C-USA team.

So how do we fix it? You don't look at the W-L record next year. It doesn't matter because the schedule is pretty weak. You look for the same shit we've seen the past 2 years. Dropped passes, weekly special teams' miscues, lack of a 17ing clue on offense, missed tackles, secondary busts, off-field issues. If those problems persist (and they will) you fire his ass regardless of the record. You go hire a coach that fits us and our blueprint and start rebuilding what that imbecile tore down. That's how you fix it. Will we? Probably not. He'll finish just well enough for our weak administration and boosters to keep him for another year while we continue to drift to the bottom of the SEC. I'm sick that we've done this to ourselves. We are Mississippi State.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 01:38 AM
I thought the shit show a month ago proved that nobody on here has connections. Did I miss something?

My sources (my eyes), do inform me that we are in for a shitty few years though. FWIW

Meh. I think Joe double crossed them. Too many people saying the same things. Typically when that happens things are true.

The real question now is if this bowl performance was embarrassing enough for the boosters to take action.

dantheman4248
12-31-2019, 01:40 AM

No, last month showed that everyone got lied to by Cohen / Keenum through the grapevine. The move was made and we let some little shit throw a hissy fit acting all big and bad only to be turned around and dicksmacked by a team that lost by 32 to a WR at QB.

Especially disconcerting when Moorhead has his own "WR" at QB he refused to play.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 01:41 AM
Nothing will happen until next year. We had our chance. But we beat a terrible Ole Miss team (with luck) and that's good enough for the ones with the power to make the decisions, which is why we'll never amount to shit. We're content with winning 6 games and beating OM, while the the rest of our division is set on higher expectations.

And yes, we have major disadvantages compared to the rest, but Mullen showed that it's possible to win here. We can win 9-10 games. But due to our limitations, you have to follow a specific blueprint. Joe won't follow that blueprint. He has *****fied our culture to the point of us having the toughness of a C-USA team.

So how do we fix it? You don't look at the W-L record next year. It doesn't matter because the schedule is pretty weak. You look for the same shit we've seen the past 2 years. Dropped passes, weekly special teams' miscues, lack of a 17ing clue on offense, missed tackles, secondary busts, off-field issues. If those problems persist (and they will) you fire his ass regardless of the record. You go hire a coach that fits us and our blueprint and start rebuilding what that imbecile tore down. That's how you fix it. Will we? Probably not. He'll finish just well enough for our weak administration and boosters to keep him for another year while we continue to drift to the bottom of the SEC. I'm sick that we've done this to ourselves. We are Mississippi State.

I can't see Joe lasting beyond next year barring a special season. Like 9-10 wins. Basically the only teams he can afford to lose to are Alabama and LSU on the road and he needs to split with Auburn and Texas A&M in Starkville and win the rest.

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 01:46 AM
No, last month showed that everyone got lied to by Cohen / Keenum through the grapevine. The move was made and we let some little shit throw a hissy fit acting all big and bad only to be turned around and dicksmacked by a team that lost by 32 to a WR at QB.

Especially disconcerting when Moorhead has his own "WR" at QB he refused to play.

Cohen lied to some of the most prominent college media people currently covering the game about JoVesters future. You can book that one. That?s why they are all shocked and really aren?t reaching out to two faced John about it.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 01:47 AM
Cohen lied to some of the most prominent college media people currently covering the game about JoVesters future. You can book that one. That?s why they are all shocked and really aren?t reaching out to two faced John about it.

Paul Finebaum?**

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 01:49 AM
Paul Finebaum?**

Ha ha. If Findbaum were one of my sources, I would ban myself from message boards and appearing in public.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-31-2019, 07:36 AM
Probably didn't help having Rosebowl tell everyone that the rumors were never true to start with. I'm assuming those were marching orders.

Rosebowl was telling the truth. There was no negotiation of a buyout before the Egg Bowl. It didn't happen. That was message board rumor that folks ran with. It was totally false.

viverlibre
12-31-2019, 07:55 AM
Most sources are either completely fabricated or third-hand information (i.e., the best friend of the son of a Cigar Boy). Don't fall for this again, be smarter than that. People who have been successful enough in life to be able to donate millions of dollars don't gossip like old women, especially to message board warriors.

He's not going anywhere and don't be shocked if he makes a bowl next year and is here for the 2021 season.

Dawg2003
12-31-2019, 08:12 AM
Rosey actually words what he says very carefully. The only thing he ever said was that no buyout was negotiated before the Egg Bowl. He did say that we reached out to some coaches to gauge interest.

TNDawg35
12-31-2019, 08:18 AM
Rose bowl, as usual, is full of shit. He was gone. Cohen had had enough. The boosters and Keenum are the ones who got cold feet after the egg bowl. Keenum was perfectly happy with what he did last yr after winning the egg and going to a bowl...

DLGDawg
12-31-2019, 08:45 AM

Ha. I hear ya CD. FWIW I believe Joe was gone before the emotional win. Too many people saying the same thing. Buyouts, new coaches etc. Idk about that.
I was hoping that the same boosters who went limp after the egg bowl would now be fired up after getting whipped by Louisville(can't believe I had to say that). And I was hoping some information would start leaking.
I'm like Todd4state , if something is going to happen it's gotta happen fast.

Dawgology
12-31-2019, 09:15 AM
Our impotent President wants to keep JoMo so we will keep him until we "save enough money" and/or ruin the football program beyond deniability.

MetEdDawg
12-31-2019, 09:17 AM
Ha. I hear ya CD. FWIW I believe Joe was gone before the emotional win. Too many people saying the same thing. Buyouts, new coaches etc. Idk about that.
I was hoping that the same boosters who went limp after the egg bowl would now be fired up after getting whipped by Louisville(can't believe I had to say that). And I was hoping some information would start leaking.

And my guess is if something happens not a damn soul will know about it until it goes down. I think the way everything was handled pre and post Egg Bowl that this will happen quietly, quickly, and it will look really bad for John Cohen.

basedog
12-31-2019, 09:25 AM
There will be a meeting, anything can happen, things like this can change quickly. My hope Joe ask for a Buyout, surely he knows he is a Dead Man Walking.

Dawgology
12-31-2019, 09:25 AM
And my guess is if something happens not a damn soul will know about it until it goes down. I think the way everything was handled pre and post Egg Bowl that this will happen quietly, quickly, and it will look really bad for John Cohen.

agreed. If (YYYYUUUUUGGGGEEE "if") it happens then it will happen quickly with no leaks until the deal is done.

MrKotter
12-31-2019, 09:26 AM
Just stop

Tbonewannabe
12-31-2019, 09:34 AM

Even while it was happening, I was still thinking that UM team wasn't any better than USM or ULL. I will never understand how beating a 4 win team that had to give us the win should have done anything for Moorhead. We were outplayed in the 2nd half and had to hold on and luck out that their WR was a dumbass or we probably lose that game. They had all of the momentum and once they got that 4th down then they just rolled down the field on us.

OSCAR
12-31-2019, 09:50 AM

They absolutely were not lied to. Keenum stepped in and made this call to keep JoMo after leading Cohen toward the fire Joe conclusion weeks prior. It is perplexing but blaming Cohen for this debacle is wrong. We need to take a deep breath, step back and let Cohen conduct a search next cycle. It sucks in the short run, but in the long run it will do a lot of good for Keenum to see that intervening into Cohens decision was a mistake. Making Cohen make a change now sets him up to fail on this hire. It sucks, but everyone needs to step off the ledge and let him have a full cycle to make a great hire and still support the program until then.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 09:53 AM
They absolutely were not lied to. Keenum stepped in and made this call to keep JoMo after leading Cohen toward the fire Joe conclusion weeks prior. It is perplexing but blaming Cohen for this debacle is wrong. We need to take a deep breath, step back and let Cohen conduct a search next cycle. It sucks in the short run, but in the long run it will do a lot of good for Keenum to see that intervening into Cohens decision was a mistake. Making Cohen make a change now sets him up to fail on this hire. It sucks, but everyone needs to step off the ledge and let him have a full cycle to make a great hire and still support the program until then.

- Comes with the territory to blame Cohen. If he doesn't want to be blamed, then he should've done more instead of backing down. He has the title of the person to blame & I've heard no solid evidence that he isn't to be blamed. Thus I blame him.

- Secondly, you really want Cohen making the next hire? You really want the guy that hired the worst possible option making the next hire?

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 10:11 AM
Most sources are either completely fabricated or third-hand information (i.e., the best friend of the son of a Cigar Boy). Don't fall for this again, be smarter than that. People who have been successful enough in life to be able to donate millions of dollars don't gossip like old women, especially to message board warriors.

He's not going anywhere and don't be shocked if he makes a bowl next year and is here for the 2021 season.

One of my sources spoke to Cohen before the EB and confirmed everything that was posted here. Buyout amount, coaches who were mentioned and many others who were not mentioned here (think academy school coaches). JoVester was gone with a loss or lackluster win. Cohen did Not pull the trigger.

JoVester agreed to everything before the game, but got pissed about all the rumors. Not just here, the media folks were getting the same info if you go back and look at tweets. Joe was pissed, and after winning he went on his rant and backed out of the agreement. He demanded a full buyout for himself and his coaches. This was not original deal. The loser booster segment also reneged on their commitment after the EB.

Bottom line is JC was going to have to dip into our excess funds to proceed with the plan and he did not. Most of the buyout was still in place.

Hopefully the clown alumni who backed out in November, gave JC a call last night to get it done. I have no faith in the bunch who is happy with 1-11 if the 1 win is against OM.

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 10:16 AM
Just stop

So are you saying media members who are assigned the top college games every week, are not prominent members? One of them called JC around 1 pm thanksgiving day to confirm all the rumors. Which were confirmed, and additional details this were never mentioned here were also mentioned.

I?m sorry you do not want to believe the truth, but I would not post it unless a certain handful of people told me.

DLGDawg
12-31-2019, 10:20 AM

I would be perfectly fine with this too. For the sake of our football program, it needs to.

StateDawg44
12-31-2019, 10:24 AM
One of my sources spoke to Cohen before the EB and confirmed everything that was posted here. Buyout amount, coaches who were mentioned and many others who were not mentioned here (think academy school coaches). JoVester was gone with a loss or lackluster win. Cohen did Not pull the trigger.

JoVester agreed to everything before the game, but got pissed about all the rumors. Not just here, the media folks were getting the same info if you go back and look at tweets. Joe was pissed, and after winning he went on his rant and backed out of the agreement. He demanded a full buyout for himself and his coaches. This was not original deal. The loser booster segment also reneged on their commitment after the EB.

Bottom line is JC was going to have to dip into our excess funds to proceed with the plan and he did not. Most of the buyout was still in place.

Hopefully the clown alumni who backed out in November, gave JC a call last night to get it done. I have no faith in the bunch who is happy with 1-11 if the 1 win is against OM.

I don't doubt some here have sources but I just find it hard to believe that Cohen was blabbering about this on the phone to so many "sources".

He would've been on the phone all day like a 14 y/o girl gossiping if all the "sources" said to have spoken to him directly actually did.

redstickdawg
12-31-2019, 10:28 AM

WTF does this mean? Bend over and enjoy the reaming that we are about to receive? Not happening, time to move on from MSU FB as long as the idiots are running the program into the ground, it's not too late, hell with JoMo we are effectively giving up on 2020 and beyond.

Really Clark?
12-31-2019, 10:34 AM

Cohen will not be solely making the next coaching search, whether that was after the EB, now or after next year. He will a part of it obviously, but several others will have a big hand in the search and hire of our next football coach. Hopefully, the right ones will be involved and reach a good consensus. This whole thing is a cluster and most likely be a cluster next year. We need to solidify the program and we can do that today with the candidate(s) who are on the board today as they were during the EB week. We haven’t lost much ground with that. Baylor and/or Oklahoma may be looking as well the next few weeks.

RougeDawg
12-31-2019, 10:37 AM
I don't doubt some here have sources but I just find it hard to believe that Cohen was blabbering about this on the phone to so many "sources".

He would've been on the phone all day like a 14 y/o girl gossiping if all the "sources" said to have spoken to him directly actually did.

The media got the info ?off the record?. But they were hinting in their tweets.

The rumors came out of the meeting with the boosters and this associated with the pre EB agreement. I just reached out to some media folk to see if the rumors posted here had any legs. Not only did they have legs, they added info and new every detail down to original buyout amount posted here. $6-7 mil. They were told a loss or ugly win and the deal was done.

That all changed when sloppy joe backed out, threatened and demanded full buyout after the convincing EB win.

Eta. I reached out again to them last night and they said they are not wasting their time on Cohen this time. That it was definitely ugly had little faith Cohen would follow through after the November debacle.

dantheman4248
12-31-2019, 10:39 AM

You really don't get how rumors spread.

Cohen acknowledged the obvious from after Arkansas during the bye week until the Egg Bowl. There were conversations about "it would be taken care of" with numerous prominent people. It was setting all the ducks in a row to fire off after the Egg Bowl. Everything was lining up in place Thanksgiving week. Names were being thrown around because conversations were had. Then that day an agreement had taken place so Cohen gave in and confirmed it (like an idiot, saying it would happen without shit in writing is stupid.) The forest was set ablaze. Then we won. Then Joe threw his hissy fit and reneged on the lowered buyout. Then prominent members balked at paying more to buy him out because they were satisfied with an EB win and some even backed out. This is the timeline we're on.

So kick rocks until thanksgiving. If you want to send a message, be sure to have your rocks kicked into the middle of the dawg walk September 5th. Do what the coach says. It's his program and we need to let him know we're listening when he bites the hand that feeds.

StateDawg44
12-31-2019, 10:47 AM
You really don't get how rumors spread.

Cohen acknowledged the obvious from after Arkansas during the bye week until the Egg Bowl. There were conversations about "it would be taken care of" with numerous prominent people. It was setting all the ducks in a row to fire off after the Egg Bowl. Everything was lining up in place Thanksgiving week. Names were being thrown around because conversations were had. Then that day an agreement had taken place so Cohen gave in and confirmed it (like an idiot, saying it would happen without shit in writing is stupid.) The forest was set ablaze. Then we won. Then Joe threw his hissy fit and reneged on the lowered buyout. Then prominent members balked at paying more to buy him out because they were satisfied with an EB win and some even backed out. This is the timeline we're on.

So kick rocks until thanksgiving. If you want to send a message, be sure to have your rocks kicked into the middle of the dawg walk September 5th. Do what the coach says. It's his program and we need to let him know we're listening when he bites the hand that feeds.

Du wut?

What I said is essentially acknowledging that all the "source" convo's you are talking about are the cause of the rumors spreading yet nothing happening. Hence them turning into mere rumors instead of facts.

Looks like you don't really know how reading comprehension works.

OSCAR
12-31-2019, 10:53 AM
- Comes with the territory to blame Cohen. If he doesn't want to be blamed, then he should've done more instead of backing down. He has the title of the person to blame & I've heard no solid evidence that he isn't to be blamed. Thus I blame him.

- Secondly, you really want Cohen making the next hire? You really want the guy that hired the worst possible option making the next hire?
Literally everyone nationally thought it was a great hire, that type of hire doesn’t strike out often. I’d take that swing every time. Yes, I trust him.

Bert Stare
12-31-2019, 11:04 AM
Guys, I rarely post unless I have relevant information. This could just be an agent looking to get a bigger payday for his client (keep that in mind). Trace Armstrong (Joe Brady's agent) has been contacted by MSU officials to gauge his interest in our soon to be "open" head coach position, or at least this is what I have been told. This did not come from an MSU source, but a rather trusted source at LSU that has a direct connection to Mr. Armstrong. This board encourages rumors, so **** it, get mad if I am wrong. Go kick rocks and pound some sand if it helps as well. This is what I was told, and it is so out of left field, that I thought I would share.

viverlibre
12-31-2019, 11:12 AM
Too many people saying the same things.

These are people wanting Joe fired and reading message boards. The very few people in the know aren't gossiping, I can almost guarantee you that. So your sources, if not fabricated, likely weren't in the "know," but a friend of a friend of a friend of a prominent booster.

The boosters with "inside" information are probably in the single digits. I know a very active booster, who is a former Bulldog Club President and has received many university accolades, he has absolutely zero "inside" information.

Coursesuper
12-31-2019, 11:16 AM
Literally everyone nationally thought it was a great hire, that type of hire doesn?t strike out often. I?d take that swing every time. Yes, I trust him.

Tell me why you trust Cohen? I'll hang up and listen.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 11:20 AM
Guys, I rarely post unless I have relevant information. This could just be an agent looking to get a bigger payday for his client (keep that in mind). Trace Armstrong (Joe Brady's agent) has been contacted by MSU officials to gauge his interest in our soon to be "open" head coach position, or at least this is what I have been told. This did not come from an MSU source, but a rather trusted source at LSU that has a direct connection to Mr. Armstrong. This board encourages rumors, so **** it, get mad if I am wrong. Go kick rocks and pound some sand if it helps as well. This is what I was told, and it is so out of left field, that I thought I would share.

Awesome!!!!**

We can hire another coach with a learning curve.

I think Joe Brady can be an amazing head coach, but the truth is that if any team hires him as their head guy right now, they'll be doing nothing but training him for a bigger job.

I would much rather hire an outstanding, experienced, organized, tough minded coach & build something

msudawg1200
12-31-2019, 11:20 AM
There will be a meeting, anything can happen, things like this can change quickly. My hope Joe ask for a Buyout, surely he knows he is a Dead Man Walking.

That arrogant, ahole isn’t going to ask for a buyout. Did you not watch the kick rocks/ pound sand press conference? This is HIS program. He pretty much told us all to go to hell. He ain’t leaving unless it’s forced.

msbulldog
12-31-2019, 11:21 AM
So are you saying media members who are assigned the top college games every week, are not prominent members? One of them called JC around 1 pm thanksgiving day to confirm all the rumors. Which were confirmed, and additional details this were never mentioned here were also mentioned.

I?m sorry you do not want to believe the truth, but I would not post it unless a certain handful of people told me.

So you think JC was going to tell a reporter that a head coach was fixing to be fired before it happened, if you believe that you ain't real smart,

Bert Stare
12-31-2019, 11:23 AM
Awesome!!!!**

We can hire another coach with a learning curve.

I think Joe Brady can be an amazing head coach, but the truth is that if any team hires him as their head guy right now, they'll be doing nothing but training him for a bigger job.

I would much rather hire an outstanding, experienced, organized, tough minded coach & build something

I totally agree with you, and I think you just described Napier, which would be my pick. I am just passing along what I was told, as I have not seen this info anywhere else yet. We do not have a vacancy yet, but if what the agent says is true, we are about to have one.

HoopsDawg
12-31-2019, 11:42 AM
I totally agree with you, and I think you just described Napier, which would be my pick. I am just passing along what I was told, as I have not seen this info anywhere else yet. We do not have a vacancy yet, but if what the agent says is true, we are about to have one.

Brady would be the best possible hire at this point in the cycle.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 11:44 AM

HUH?

He's never run a football program. You're not thinking this through

Dawgology
12-31-2019, 12:06 PM

Not at all. 0 head coaching experience.

He would probably keep our current commits (especially on offense) and may be able to make some waves in recruiting next season. But then the shine would wear off. He's not ready for an SEC head coaching gig just yet. Needs another few years of seasoning and then head coach at a G5 school for a few years.

Really Clark?
12-31-2019, 12:18 PM

I disagree with that. Maybe if you want to say he may have the biggest upside of someone we could hire? I guess you could say that but Napier, Fritz, etc. would have to be considered better hires at their point in their career simply based on experience.

basedog
12-31-2019, 12:24 PM
That arrogant, ahole isn’t going to ask for a buyout. Did you not watch the kick rocks/ pound sand press conference? This is HIS program. He pretty much told us all to go to hell. He ain’t leaving unless it’s forced.

Are u calling me arrogant for what may or could happen? After yesterday bets may or could be off the table after yesterday.

It’s just an opinion as sh*t happens.

IMissJack
12-31-2019, 12:27 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

Bubb Rubb
12-31-2019, 12:36 PM

LOL.

Troll on, brother.

Quaoarsking
12-31-2019, 12:57 PM
Brady is a gamble, but worst case scenario he's as bad as Moorhead and best case he's the next legend, so what would we have to lose?

Is there any chance that if Brady coaches 2020-22 for us that he has a worse record than JoMo would have?

Cloak
12-31-2019, 01:02 PM
Lol, I love that these rumors are still flying around. Football is about entertainment right? Well we may not be competent in the athletic department, but Joe and Cohen sure have made us competent in the drama department. We are like a hit TV show. Rumors, "family" fighting, cheating, scandals, there's even more that's not public. Are you not entertained?

Rex54
12-31-2019, 01:06 PM
He'll no to Brady. No more risks. Go get Billy Napier or Hud.

runwildjerious
12-31-2019, 01:13 PM

This all day! I’d be a little scared to hire someone making his name on a generational talent and a bunch of 5* ‘s. Give me someone who knows how to win with less and will fit our culture.

Coach34
12-31-2019, 01:17 PM
I'm a no on Brady also.

Don't hire a passing game coach to a school that struggles to get dropback passing QB's and WR's.

Lance Harbor
12-31-2019, 01:45 PM
Cam Brady OH 12!!!

DLGDawg
12-31-2019, 01:54 PM
Steve has been allowed to say that there is always a black cloud after a bad loss, so there are some folks talking (paraphrasing).
Idk if that means anything or not. But it's definitely not the company line of yore.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-31-2019, 02:12 PM
Like I said if anything happens it would happen in the next day or two. After that I'm pretty sure he's staying.

Croom was fired one day after the Egg Bowl 45-0 loss.

Jackie resigned a couple of days after he got into it with Tommy West which was embarrassing at the time.

That's as far back as I go with football coaches being fired.

Different administration bro. Who knows how and when it will go down.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 02:15 PM
Steve has been allowed to say that there is always a black cloud after a bad loss, so there are some folks talking (paraphrasing).
Idk if that means anything or not. But it's definitely not the company line of yore.

black cloud because of a loss?

How about a black could because constant losing, not being prepared, tutor gate, punch gate, suspension in every game, constant injuries, etc.

Ridiculous to say this black cloud is only because of this loss

Cowbell
12-31-2019, 02:20 PM

What folks? Like as in rumors? Or as in administration just putting heat on joe? Or boosters putting heat on Cohen and Keenum?

nsvltndog
12-31-2019, 02:22 PM
Different administration bro. Who knows how and when it will go down.

Completely agree. Byrne was decisive, saw a change was needed and pulled the trigger. You can easily argue that this decision was the start of the best decade of MSU football in most of our lifetimes with exception of folks old enough to remember the 1940s.

deadheaddawg
12-31-2019, 02:29 PM

lol.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2019, 02:34 PM
Every single part of the football program has gotten worse. From on the field to off the field to fan experience. We had the best atmosphere in the country, and during the EB this year at times it was back but 99 percent of the time it is nowhere close to what it was. Blame a bunch of that on Moorhead and his incompetence, blame the rest on the changes we made that are nothing but time wasting pain in the ass nonsense that ruins it.

There might be 35k at the opener next year. The students have already spoken with their attendance.

OSCAR
12-31-2019, 03:14 PM
WTF does this mean? Bend over and enjoy the reaming that we are about to receive? Not happening, time to move on from MSU FB as long as the idiots are running the program into the ground, it's not too late, hell with JoMo we are effectively giving up on 2020 and beyond.

It means that if you fire him now we have a tiny pool of coaches to choose from. If you really believe that ?anyone? is better and it isn?t worth a full search than I don?t know what to tell you. Napier is the ceiling right now and he will be the floor next cycle.

Cowbell
12-31-2019, 03:20 PM
It means that if you fire him now we have a tiny pool of coaches to choose from. If you really believe that ?anyone? is better and it isn?t worth a full search than I don?t know what to tell you. Napier is the ceiling right now and he will be the floor next cycle.

You need to think about what you are saying before you say it. He is not the ceiling this go round and he won't be the floor next go round. Joe Moorehead is the floor. Right now we would be competing with nobody and no kind of timeline to get it done. Next year we would have to deal with keeping a recruiting class together while competing with upteen other schools with vacancies with many more than this year being expected. Time is money and some of you don't understand this.

deadheaddawg
12-31-2019, 03:24 PM

Naiper will be the floor next year?

Who do you see as realistic next year? Our ceiling is

1) an up and comer coordinator (Mullen, Moorhead)
2) head coach at a small school (naiper)
3) aging coach or coach with issues (lane Kiffen or less miles types)

That's the type of coach we can hire. Look at the recent hires from comparable programs. Tennessee, Arkansas, ole miss, ect. Look at our recent hires.

All of those people should be reasonable candidates now. We should be able to make a comparable move NOW.

DLGDawg
12-31-2019, 03:56 PM
What folks? Like as in rumors? Or as in administration just putting heat on joe? Or boosters putting heat on Cohen and Keenum?

Don't know. Just paraphrasing what he said. It was odd to me that there wasn't a company line that was to be put out there by the talking heads. (In my head I see an image of Leslie Nielsen saying move along....nothing to see here. Lol).

Cowbell
12-31-2019, 03:59 PM
Don't know. Just paraphrasing what he said. It was odd to me that there wasn't a company line that was to be put out there by the talking heads. (In my head I see an image of Leslie Nielsen saying move along....nothing to see here. Lol).

Nice image LOL thanks man!

Really Clark?
12-31-2019, 04:13 PM

This is just not true. Our pool right now is almost as large as during Thanksgiving. And your last sentence about Napier and what?s the hiring floor and ceiling is false speculation. If Napier wins 9+ again next year we most likely won?t have a chance to sign him as he will be in play with larger programs. You are completely misreading the coaching board availability and who we have realistic shot at getting.

I know underneath what you are writing the last two days has very little to do around the actual coaches but has a lot more to do with protection of Cohen as AD. That?s irrelevant at this point or next year. He won?t be solely in charge of the search or the hire in either circumstance. He also won?t be fired as it stands.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-31-2019, 04:21 PM

So a 10 win G5 coach is our ceiling right now, but wed do better next year?? Tell me what P5 HC or 12-0 G5 HC well be able to snag next year?

And dont go telling me Napuer needs more time to prove himself. If he goes 10+ wins next year he'll get better offers than us.

Arky had to hire a 7 win G5 HC, and followed that up with a OL coach. OM had to hire a OL coach to ride out probation, then got a 9 win G5 HC who had failed at USC. SC had to hire a DC that had failed at Florida. TN had to hire a DC because they whiffed on their top giys. FSU had to hire a G5 HC. 3 years ago LSU had to settle for Ed O after Texas won the bidding war for the hot G5. Yes that worked out for them, point is the hot G5 coach was what both Texas and LSU were after.

There is no way we get a P5 HC, or a top G5. Theres always an FSU out there who takes the top G5 HC and P5 Coaches wouldnt leave to come here. Clawson might, that's it though.

Napier is a really good coach who runs a system that fits us, knows thevSEC, and knows our recruiting territory. I'd sure hate to lose him because we let Joe stay here another year, Napier goes 11-1 and takes a job coaching Texas or whoever

Coursesuper
12-31-2019, 04:22 PM
This is just not true. Our pool right now is almost as large as during Thanksgiving. And your last sentence about Napier and what?s the hiring floor and ceiling is false speculation. If Napier wins 9+ again next year we most likely won?t have a chance to sign him as he will be in play with larger programs. You are completely misreading the coaching board availability and who we have realistic shot at getting.

I know underneath what you are writing the last two days has very little to do around the actual coaches but has a lot more to do with protection of Cohen as AD. That?s irrelevant at this point or next year. He won?t be solely in charge of the search or the hire in either circumstance. He also won?t be fired as it stands.

I asked that one why he trust Cohen and all I got was crickets. Let's see if I get a reply now.

OSCAR
12-31-2019, 04:55 PM
I'm a no on Brady also.

Don't hire a passing game coach to a school that struggles to get dropback passing QB's and WR's.

Good point. It?s a complete personnel overhaul on offense. Arkansas has proven that is a bad idea.

deadheaddawg
12-31-2019, 05:14 PM
I don't want Brady because I think he's too inexperienced, but LSU isnt a drop back passing program. Their "dna" as a program is similar to ours

Rex54
12-31-2019, 05:19 PM
I don't want Brady because I think he's too inexperienced, but LSU isnt a drop back passing program. Their "dna" as a program is similar to ours

They could be considered WR U.... we haven't had a great WR since before our current players were born.

BeardoMSU
12-31-2019, 06:05 PM
So a 10 win G5 coach is our ceiling right now, but wed do better next year?? Tell me what P5 HC or 12-0 G5 HC well be able to snag next year?

And dont go telling me Napuer needs more time to prove himself. If he goes 10+ wins next year he'll get better offers than us.

Arky had to hire a 7 win G5 HC, and followed that up with a OL coach. OM had to hire a OL coach to ride out probation, then got a 9 win G5 HC who had failed at USC. SC had to hire a DC that had failed at Florida. TN had to hire a DC because they whiffed on their top giys. FSU had to hire a G5 HC. 3 years ago LSU had to settle for Ed O after Texas won the bidding war for the hot G5. Yes that worked out for them, point is the hot G5 coach was what both Texas and LSU were after.

There is no way we get a P5 HC, or a top G5. Theres always an FSU out there who takes the top G5 HC and P5 Coaches wouldnt leave to come here. Clawson might, that's it though.

Napier is a really good coach who runs a system that fits us, knows thevSEC, and knows our recruiting territory. I'd sure hate to lose him because we let Joe stay here another year, Napier goes 11-1 and takes a job coaching Texas or whoever

/thread

HoopsDawg
12-31-2019, 06:27 PM
They could be considered WR U.... we haven't had a great WR since before our current players were born.

Doesn't matter. We don't have to be WR U to win 8 games. 2021 class has some nice WR's too.

Bothrops
12-31-2019, 07:14 PM
Bama, LSU and Clemson have the most talent on the field in the country. Next year LSU's only weak position will be qb, as usual, pre Burrow.

biggun
12-31-2019, 11:15 PM
I can't see Joe lasting beyond next year barring a special season. Like 9-10 wins. Basically the only teams he can afford to lose to are Alabama and LSU on the road and he needs to split with Auburn and Texas A&M in Starkville and win the rest.

Auburn and A&M will beat us by 20 plus points. We will be an awful football team as long as Joe is our HC and unfortunately that is a FACT!