PDA

View Full Version : Tell you what is gonna happen....

DogsofAnarchy
12-30-2019, 11:37 PM
Nothing. Our administration and coaching staff will go mysteriously quiet and you will only get a news release when a coach leaves. I would guess that it will be over a month until you hear something from our current leader about football. Their idea is to just get quiet and it will go away.

Rex54
12-30-2019, 11:38 PM
Quiet will be the key word then come Fall. Can Cohen truly survive empty upper decks, wide swaths of empty seats in the lower levels and 1/3 filled student sections?

msbulldog
12-30-2019, 11:39 PM
Probably so.

Cowbell
12-30-2019, 11:40 PM
Quiet will be the key word then come Fall. Can Cohen truly survive empty upper decks, wide swaths of empty seats in the lower levels and 1/3 filled student sections?

Can he survive the fan base ganging up on him every Saturday night this fall??

DogsofAnarchy
12-30-2019, 11:41 PM

That’s the only thing that will get their attention. I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $6000.00 on MSU this football season and I won’t do it again until this staff is gone.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 12:20 AM
I’ve already heard that it’s just a minority of fans that want JoMo gone. That’s the company line. But the truth is I’ve not talked to a single person that believes this can be fixed by this staff.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 12:25 AM
I’ve already heard that it’s just a minority of fans that want JoMo gone. That’s the company line. But the truth is I’ve not talked to a single person that believes this can be fixed by this staff.

If MSU actually believes that it shows how out of touch they are.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 12:27 AM
Also I think it's pretty routine to have an end of the year press conference like a week after the end of the year. We'll see if we get one or maybe a pre recorded message.

Dawgpile
12-31-2019, 12:31 AM

I interacted with a few Bulldogs at the game today, mostly Tennessee people. None I spoke with were happy with Joe and most volunteered they wanted a change. I've been an MSU fan long enough to know it won't until the disaster coming next year.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 12:34 AM
If MSU actually believes that it shows how out of touch they are.

They don’t believe it. But it empowers them by using silence and that emboldens them to believe that they are more important than the University. The only way we can show them is to not spend the money and not attend the games. It’s very hard to keep me away from MSU but they have successfully seen to it. I didn’t miss a game from 1983 to Crooms 2nd year. I then didn’t miss one the entirety of BDD’s tenure. I will not go again until this Shit-show is gone.

Lord McBuckethead
12-31-2019, 12:41 AM
Look, I am the biggest MSU homer in our entire fanbase, and even I could tell our team was outmatched from the opening kickoff today. The team was not ready. They look fat and slow, and we absolutely cannot cover anyone on defense.

We have no identity on offense. People are not blocking downfield. Not talking about the OL here, but our effort is only by the qb and the person with the ball. Its like we don't know what to do and we definitely do not know how to do it.

How is it that every team we play is running free in our secondary all year long, and yet our WRs are almost always trying to catch contested throws? How is it that the box is always loaded, yet we somehow throw into coverage all the time? Can we not run a bunch formation and run the RB up the gut? We let the defense literally dictate every single thing we do on offense, usually to their advantage.

Outside of Gay and Jones today, we looked extremely out of position on defense.
Outside of Guidry and Gibson on offense, not even sure what we were trying to do.

I will say it ome more time, if KT would have started all year this year, we would have won more games and also be in a better situation for next year. KT is just one year off. If Fitz would have graduated after the ankle break, KT would have started last year all year and we would have won 9 games instead of 8, and this entire year would have been better positioned. KT should have started today. I am guessing Stevens needed a couple more years to get this offense down.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 12:48 AM
Look, I am the biggest MSU homer in our entire fanbase, and even I could tell our team was outmatched from the opening kickoff today. The team was not ready. They look fat and slow, and we absolutely cannot cover anyone on defense.

We have no identity on offense. People are not blocking downfield. Not talking about the OL here, but our effort is only by the qb and the person with the ball. Its like we don't know what to do and we definitely do not know how to do it.

How is it that every team we play is running free in our secondary all year long, and yet our WRs are almost always trying to catch contested throws? How is it that the box is always loaded, yet we somehow throw into coverage all the time? Can we not run a bunch formation and run the RB up the gut? We let the defense literally dictate every single thing we do on offense, usually to their advantage.

Outside of Gay and Jones today, we looked extremely out of position on defense.
Outside of Guidry and Gibson on offense, not even sure what we were trying to do.

I will say it ome more time, if KT would have started all year this year, we would have won more games and also be in a better situation for next year. KT is just one year off. If Fitz would have graduated after the ankle break, KT would have started last year all year and we would have won 9 games instead of 8, and this entire year would have been better positioned. KT should have started today. I am guessing Stevens needed a couple more years to get this offense down.

FWIW I was at the game and KT looked awful on warm ups. Incompletions left and right with no pressure and no one covering our guys.

I suspect KT was a huge distraction because of friendships. He just needs to go.

Offshore Dawg
12-31-2019, 09:57 AM
Nothing. Our administration and coaching staff will go mysteriously quiet and you will only get a news release when a coach leaves. I would guess that it will be over a month until you hear something from our current leader about football. Their idea is to just get quiet and it will go away.

This is probably the closest to the truth. After 41 years of season tickets and having donated just over $50,000 I am not renewing and through with this shit show in football.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 11:35 AM
This is probably the closest to the truth. After 41 years of season tickets and having donated just over $50,000 I am not renewing and through with this shit show in football.

I’ve been around for quite awhile. In my opinion no man is bigger than the institution but these people running MSU have forgotten that the Alumni and Fans come first. There is only one way to show them.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 12:22 PM
The sound of silence is laughable.

HailStateSZN19
12-31-2019, 12:29 PM
The sound of silence is laughable.

Gotta hand it to you DOA, you called this silence BS. Staying completely silent and ghosting the fan base after that embarrassment last night is just as ridiculous and embarrassing as the game was.

I don't think some truly grasp how bad we got SKULL DRUG by FREAKIN' LOUISVILLE last night.

We were down by 17 MF'n POINTS TO MF'n LOUSIVILLE WITH 2 MINUTES & 20 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME....

We did what we do best (well, at least we do something well lol) and scored a GARBAGE TD with 30 seconds left to *ONLY* lose by 10 points instead of 17.... TO FREAKIN' LOUSIVILLE.

And then they go radio silent the day after LOL. What a freakin' joke.

IMissJack
12-31-2019, 12:32 PM
I'm absolutely sick of the silence from Cohen and Keenum on all of the issues our Ath. Dept. has had the past year. This is just more of the same.

gtowndawg
12-31-2019, 12:34 PM
I'm absolutely sick of the silence from Cohen and Keenum on all of the issues our Ath. Dept. has had the past year. This is just more of the same.

It really is sickening. They are working hard to make me hate them.

lefty96
12-31-2019, 12:38 PM
I?ve already heard that it?s just a minority of fans that want JoMo gone. That?s the company line. But the truth is I?ve not talked to a single person that believes this can be fixed by this staff.

That's just not true, my dad and all his friends(all North of age 70) are not internet fans or fanatics and they all think JoMo sucks. They call him "vanilla ice cream" - boring.

TrapGame
12-31-2019, 12:55 PM
Cohen/Keenum will be "forced" to fire Joe early next season. The apathy will be a Twinkie five miles long weighing 80 tons. We will probably lose to NC ST which will cause a tempest, but it's only the second game. We'll probably lose to Arkansas, it's just too damn perfect: Briles as OC, Odom as DC and a career OL coach as a head coach. We lose to Arkansas and Joe is told to get gone. Shoop will become interim HC.

Cohen will act like he's done something special. And the story will be "Y'all know you can't fire a second year coach that beats your rival and goes bowling. We needed him to sink or swim in year three to justify firing him."

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 01:01 PM
Cohen/Keenum will be "forced" to fire Joe early next season. The apathy will be a Twinkie five miles long weighing 80 tons. We will probably lose to NC ST which will cause a tempest, but it's only the second game. We'll probably lose to Arkansas, it's just too damn perfect: Briles as OC, Odom as DC and a career OL coach as a head coach. We lose to Arkansas and Joe is told to get gone. Shoop will become interim HC.

Cohen will act like he's done something special. And the story will be "Y'all know you can't fire a second year coach that beats your rival and goes bowling. We needed him to sink or swim in year three to justify firing him."

I agree. We will absolutely NOT be better next year. So why should we wait. Florida State surely didn’t.

Rex54
12-31-2019, 01:08 PM
I agree. We will absolutely NOT be better next year. So why should we wait. Florida State surely didn’t.

Because we are pu$$ies

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 01:11 PM
Because we are pu$$ies

I agree Rex but money is NOT the issue. The money is there and if it’s not it would be a great way to get the University’s Credit Rating better. Borrow the money, hire a new staff and watch money pour in!! Lol

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 02:27 PM
1:30 and “The sound of Silence..”

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2019, 02:28 PM
1:30 and “The sound of Silence..”

Not that anything is going to happen, but following the pre-Egg Bowl shit show, I would guess that if anything went down this time it'll be quite till it's official

dawgday166
12-31-2019, 02:30 PM
So I knew before you even posted nothing would happen and no statements would be forthcoming. Maybe this time around we'll be spared the grand tour of the airwaves by Cohen trying to convince the fanbase that Joe is still the offensive savant.

TrapGame
12-31-2019, 02:39 PM
So, is the athletic department waiting for Thursday to announce asst. coaching changes? Or, are we going to have THE announcement we've been hoping for on Thursday?

Shouldn't asst. coaches be let go asap to get going on finding another gig? Going on 2pm and no announcements or even rumors about coaches being let go.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 02:42 PM
So, is the athletic department waiting for Thursday to announce asst. coaching changes? Or, are we going to have THE announcement we've been hoping for on Thursday?

Shouldn't asst. coaches be let go asap to get going on finding another gig? Going on 2pm and no announcements or even rumors about coaches being let go.

At this point, does anyone believe that Joe Moorhead will turn over control of the Offense to someone else?

TrapGame
12-31-2019, 02:44 PM
At this point, does anyone believe that Joe Moorhead will turn over control of the Offense to someone else?

Nope. He will die on that hill.

Todd4State
12-31-2019, 03:08 PM
Not totally. He might be willing to let someone have some say in some play calling though. I don't think he has anyone on staff that he trusts with that right now though. Anyone expecting Joe to give up complete control or change his scheme to something else is misguided.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 03:10 PM
Not totally. He might be willing to let someone have some say in some play calling though. I don't think he has anyone on staff that he trusts with that right now though. Anyone expecting Joe to give up complete control or change his scheme to something else is misguided.

Then we have no choice but to fire him. He is 26 games into his tenure and he has proven this Offense does NOT work.

Dawgology
12-31-2019, 03:10 PM

They care about and will invest in baseball and women's basketball. We are hot in those areas right now so the idea is to dump money in the basketball and baseball programs. I think they believe we can handle a downturn in football. You will still have 20k - 30k goofballs show up to home games and the football program will break even. Then when the ABC money (along with the SEC money) comes through the department is still riding high and able to sink more into baseball and basketball.

I mean...we got a baseball coach as AD. What do you expect is going to get the most love.

It will take a monumental screw up by Moorhead to get fired...like taking a girl for a motorcycle ride or making illicit phone call on a burner phone. He can win only 4 games next year and he will still be back for 2021 because football is a distant 3rd for this administration. As long as the athletic department as a whole in making money and being comeptive in several spots there will be no changes.

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 03:14 PM
They care about and will invest in baseball and women's basketball. We are hot in those areas right now so the idea is to dump money in the basketball and baseball programs. I think they believe we can handle a downturn in football. You will still have 20k - 30k goofballs show up to home games and the football program will break even. Then when the ABC money (along with the SEC money) comes through the department is still riding high and able to sink more into baseball and basketball.

I mean...we got a baseball coach as AD. What do you expect is going to get the most love.

It will take a monumental screw up by Moorhead to get fired...like taking a girl for a motorcycle ride or making illicit phone call on a burner phone. He can win only 4 games next year and he will still be back for 2021 because football is a distant 3rd for this administration. As long as the athletic department as a whole in making money and being comeptive in several spots there will be no changes.

Sadly, I can’t disagree with you. I said in a different thread this administration by its inaction has proven Football is not important at MSU. They love excuses like, “Norvell didn’t pass the vetting process..”

TaleofTwoDogs
12-31-2019, 03:28 PM
I thought it was because his hands were too small... wait..

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 06:07 PM

5:00 pm and not a word.

DLGDawg
12-31-2019, 06:28 PM
They care about and will invest in baseball and women's basketball. We are hot in those areas right now so the idea is to dump money in the basketball and baseball programs. I think they believe we can handle a downturn in football. You will still have 20k - 30k goofballs show up to home games and the football program will break even. Then when the ABC money (along with the SEC money) comes through the department is still riding high and able to sink more into baseball.

Please tell me this is an extreme exaggeration! Please!!
If not, we need to match Tennessee's fit that they threw when whathisname was gonna be hired!!!!

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 08:40 PM
7:00 Bells and all’s well!

Dawgology
12-31-2019, 10:37 PM
Please tell me this is an extreme exaggeration! Please!!
If not, we need to match Tennessee's fit that they threw when whathisname was gonna be hired!!!!

I wish it were

DogsofAnarchy
12-31-2019, 10:39 PM
9:00 pm and not an uttered word.

parabrave
12-31-2019, 10:44 PM
7:00 Bells and all’s well!

He is waiting to see what Jerry does Thursday**

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 02:38 AM
1:30 am New Decade and not a word from this crackshot administration.

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 10:32 AM
9:32 AM January 1st, 2020 and not a word!!

Rex54
01-01-2020, 10:50 AM
9:32 AM January 1st, 2020 and not a word!!

They're seriously going to just go mum and hope this goes away?! Spring practice starts up with normal press releases and interviews with the Slow Pillow-Face Yankee like nothing's up?!

John, Mark.... You are about to kill the program with inaction. It's over. Like put tarps over the upper deck to hide the emptiness over... Like all those fans about to experience "hey it's not so bad skipping the parking/tailgate/security/food" and just staying home.. once they're gone they are not coming back. Those trends are already happening nationwide and keeping the Slides wearing Sloppy Dough Yank is pouring gasoline on the phenomenon..

This will be your legacies; a dead football program

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 11:03 AM
They're seriously going to just go mum and hope this goes away?! Spring practice starts up with normal press releases and interviews with the Slow Pillow-Face Yankee like nothing's up?!

John, Mark.... You are about to kill the program with inaction. It's over. Like put tarps over the upper deck to hide the emptiness over... Like all those fans about to experience "hey it's not so bad skipping the parking/tailgate/security/food" and just staying home.. once they're gone they are not coming back. Those trends are already happening nationwide and keeping the Slides wearing Sloppy Dough Yank is pouring gasoline on the phenomenon..

This will be your legacies; a dead football program

Sadly I agree but I’m going to keep this post alive everyday until ANYTHING happens.

I also don’t believe a window washing OC will change what Joe thinks is a juggernaut offense.

Cowbell
01-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Sadly I agree but I’m going to keep this post alive everyday until ANYTHING happens.

I also don’t believe a window washing OC will change what Joe thinks is a juggernaut offense.

Hiring an OC is going to split our fan base again where we are all unified at this time. Half will have hope again or just satisfied and half will be pissed off even more

msbulldog
01-01-2020, 11:27 AM
Hiring an OC is going to split our fan base again where we are all unified at this time. Half will have hope again or just satisfied and half will be pissed off even more

I'm in the half that will only be satisfied by seeing JM kicking rocks, "it's my football team" burnt my bridge.

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 11:30 AM
I'm in the half that will only be satisfied by seeing JM kicking rocks, "it's my football team" burnt my bridge.

I can tell you how oblivious our administration is: about 9 min ago Joe Moorhead tweets out a picture of 2020 Happy New Year with the Egg Bowl on it.

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 04:42 PM
3:30 PM and not a Single word by the IB or Neutered President.

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 11:12 PM

10:12 PM January 1st and still no word from our administration.

bobtail bob
01-01-2020, 11:19 PM
I'm with you Dogsofanarchy, they are going to hunker down and try to let it pass. Jughead will continue to ride MSU football off the cliff

DogsofAnarchy
01-01-2020, 11:25 PM
I'm with you Dogsofanarchy, they are going to hunker down and try to let it pass. Jughead will continue to ride MSU football off the cliff

Normally when people don’t know how to lead they just ride it till it falls over. That’s where we are.