PDA

View Full Version : Grantham

TheLostDawg
12-30-2019, 10:38 PM
Would have learned on the job, had a better record, and kept Mullen from being relevant. Man Cohen whiffed on that hire. If we could have kept the staff from the last time we played Louisville, no way we aren't better off then than we are today. We blew our chance. We could have easily hired a Joe Brady type of guy to enhance the offense for Huff. We would have had the players needed. Cohen better make some major changes fast or pack his bags. Cohen's hiring history isn't looking too bright. Hopefully he hits it second try like baseball. We'll see Cohen obviously feels the heat.

DogsofAnarchy
12-30-2019, 10:45 PM
Well John has caused the debate about his competence by his actions. We could have hired Mike Norvell but he “didn’t pass the Vetting process...” What a load of S H A T!!

TheLostDawg
12-30-2019, 10:53 PM
Well John has caused the debate about his competence by his actions. We could have hired Mike Norvell but he “didn’t pass the Vetting process...” What a load of S H A T!!

At least Can was a good coach. Moorhead might be brilliant offensive mind but he is about the worse HC out there at our level right now which is scary. We have to stop this fall before we become Arkansas. If Moorhead stays we better hope we put the money we saved the past few years towards some serious staff upgrades and just let Moorhead design plays while others run the show. That might get us on solid footing and allow the next coach to build on what we have instead or having to do what Howland had to do and have to win back a whole generation of students because it's a compete rebuild.

parabrave
12-31-2019, 01:34 AM
Greg Knox already has a win

KOdawg1
12-31-2019, 01:38 AM
Greg Knox already has a win

Against a better Louisville team than we played tonight

parabrave
12-31-2019, 02:04 AM
Against a better Louisville team than we played tonight

I have brought up Greg before as a possible new coach on this site and was politely told no way. I have brought his name up to a few former well respected football players and they all agreed he would make a dam good coach. Anyone who could keep that team together and win the game with a very small staff and a freshman QB has some skills. Plus he GETS IT.

KOdawg1
12-31-2019, 02:12 AM
I have brought up Greg before as a possible new coach on this site and was politely told no way. I have brought his name up to a few former well respected football players and they all agreed he would make a dam good coach. Anyone who could keep that team together and win the game with a very small staff and a freshman QB has some skills. Plus he GETS IT.

He'd be better than what we've got right now, but I'd rather have a proven HC with some experience. Love Greg though

TheLostDawg
12-31-2019, 06:18 AM
He'd be better than what we've got right now, but I'd rather have a proven HC with some experience. Love Greg though

Yeah we let a good opportunity go when we didn't promote Grantham and Knox. Not we pretty much have to go with a proven HC at this point

smootness
12-31-2019, 08:52 AM
Would have learned on the job, had a better record, and kept Mullen from being relevant. Man Cohen whiffed on that hire. If we could have kept the staff from the last time we played Louisville, no way we aren't better off then than we are today. We blew our chance. We could have easily hired a Joe Brady type of guy to enhance the offense for Huff. We would have had the players needed. Cohen better make some major changes fast or pack his bags. Cohen's hiring history isn't looking too bright. Hopefully he hits it second try like baseball. We'll see Cohen obviously feels the heat.

I want Moorhead gone as much as anybody, but we have absolutely no idea what Grantham would do. Moorhead looked great when he was simply a coordinator as well; we all thought it was a great hire.

And LOL on us 'easily' hiring a Joe Brady type. As though they're easy to find and hire.

TheLostDawg
12-31-2019, 09:25 AM
I want Moorhead gone as much as anybody, but we have absolutely no idea what Grantham would do. Moorhead looked great when he was simply a coordinator as well; we all thought it was a great hire.

And LOL on us 'easily' hiring a Joe Brady type. As though they're easy to find and hire.

Haha meant that as find someone who could bring a different aspect to the playbook like Brady did for LSU.