PDA

View Full Version : Incompetence

BuckyIsAB****
12-30-2019, 09:59 PM
There are at least 7 high school staffs in this state that is better than the one we currently have. And its really, mostly on Moorhead. Thats the way it is. The buck stops with you.

We dont do anything right. We hold the ball in our inside arm instead of out and it costs us 2 fumbles, we cant catch the ball. When we do catch it its always with our chests. Never with our hands. We cant fit on zone. We allow the cutback over and over again. We cant tackle. 10 plays like he could give a shit. Im telling you he is drawing a check bc he could care less. Biggest bust I have ever witnessed at State. We go into halfs with timeouts left. We play at 12 yards cushion on slots and are backpedaling on the snap. That is never, ever, EVER going to cover a single soul. Stingray could get open against us. We cant stop a bootleg and we dont know our assignments on speed option. Satterfield toyed with us all day long. They could have put up 50 on us. Lville is 107th in the country on defense and Moorhead didnt piss a drop on them. Total incompetence on all levels. Our innovative offense consists of inside zone, shoot routes to the H back and every now and then some power read with the QB. Thats it. No perimeter game. No reading of the safeties to hit the glance behind them (at least its not executed) and no identity. Our identity is incompetence.

FriarsPoint
12-30-2019, 10:03 PM
As I was taking out the garbage and cleaning house instead of watching that crap, the same thought hit me as well. The guy here in S AL has made it to 4 straight state semifinals. Without a doubt he could do a better job.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2019, 10:03 PM
100% right on everything you just said.

timotheus
12-30-2019, 10:04 PM
you are correct on all points but we may can find more than 7 high school staffs who are better. I had a conversation with a High School Coach yesterday and he mention all of the issues which u just raised. The poor guy feels like he can trick a defense intellectually for some reason and he can't coach intensity or attention to detail at all. This is a sad time and will cost the school some cash next year if the guy isn't dragged out of here.

dawgday166
12-30-2019, 10:06 PM
I've become convinced Joe doesn't teach or maybe I should say emphasize fundamentals. He tries to teach his scheme. It's all about his scheme.

DownwardDawg
12-30-2019, 10:07 PM
As I was taking out the garbage and cleaning house instead of watching that crap, the same thought hit me as well. The guy here in S AL has made it to 4 straight state semifinals. Without a doubt he could do a better job.

The guy at Austin Peay right now would have beaten Louisville by 20 points today with our roster.

defiantdog
12-30-2019, 10:08 PM
I've become convinced Joe doesn't teach or maybe I should say emphasize fundamentals. He tries to teach his scheme. It's all about his scheme.

Howland had the same issues when he took over for Ray. The team didn't know how to do the fundamentals.

msbulldog
12-30-2019, 10:09 PM

I'm originally from Vicksburg too, my little sister was homecoming queen at St. Al years ago.

Commercecomet24
12-30-2019, 10:10 PM
I know about half a dozen kids who play madden that could game plan and play call better than joe

FriarsPoint
12-30-2019, 10:11 PM
I'm originally from Vicksburg too, my little sister was homecoming queen at St. Al years ago.

LA. Lower Alabama. UMS Wright has our number. But, they’re a private school and recruit, we can’t.

Coursesuper
12-30-2019, 10:13 PM
This is all correct, well said.

msbulldog
12-30-2019, 10:21 PM
LA. Lower Alabama. UMS Wright has our number. But, they’re a private school and recruit, we can’t.

I built beach houses in Gulf Shores for about 3 years before the bottom fell out in 2007.