PDA

View Full Version : Guys relax, Jomo is gone - IT'S HAPPENING

Rex54
12-30-2019, 09:03 PM
Do I have sources? No
Do I know any Slims? No

But after this season with it being patently obvious he has no clue what he's doing, it was going to take a W at minimum to keep his job. He was gone no matter what with a L here tonight. But the real kicker, the ace up our sleeves, is the Gay/Shrader incident.

You can't lose AND have that happen. Not after showing your ass in the post-EB presser. There's no saving face now. There's no universe in which he can remain our coach. None. It's happening, there's just no way it can't. The entire fanbase is now on board.

Shit performance
Zero improvement
Zero signs that improvement can occur
Talking down to the fanbase
Embarrassing incident KNOCKING THE STARTING QB OUT OF THE GAME
Bowl game blowout to a vastly inferior team.

He Gone.

Todd4State
12-30-2019, 09:05 PM
He should be fired. One thing is certain- we're about to find out how much Cohen is really invested in Joe and a lot about our cigar boys.

confucius say
12-30-2019, 09:05 PM
Sure

HoopsDawg
12-30-2019, 09:07 PM
Cohen did lay down the gauntlet a little when he put so much focus on this bowl game both privately and publicly.

I would call Joe Brady and Billy Napier and get a deal in place with one of these guys and then pull the trigger.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-30-2019, 09:08 PM
Basically every point you make also applied just as much after the EB. The only new thing is the fight. That's not enough to rally up momentum... we were ready to go, had plans laid, and the timing was right, and we backed out. We aren't going to get it all back up and going and actually follow through based on the same info + 2 players fighting

biggun
12-30-2019, 09:09 PM
He is not going anywhere.........until after next years 3-9 or 4-8 debacle. At that time, hopefully Cohen follows him out the door too

dawgday166
Best case is midway thru next season IMO. Not sure we can have a backup plan for right this moment after changing plans post-EB. Don't see how we could've maintained one for an if he wins vs if he loses scenario for today.

And I sure hope we don't do something hasty and stupid with the next hire ... as Cohen seems to want to do without doing his due homework. I fear Cohen is too concerned with looking brilliant as opposed to finding a real good fit as our HC.

Leroy Jenkins
With our insestual promoting from within, you end up with an AD who was a coach a very short time ago, and has a soft spot for coaching struggles.

msbulldog
12-30-2019, 09:10 PM
Basically every point you make also applied just as much after the EB. The only new thing is the fight. That's not enough to rally up momentum... we were ready to go, had plans laid, and the timing was right, and we backed out. We aren't going to get it all back up and going and actually follow through based on the same info + 2 players fighting

One more thing, 2019 is now a losing season.

Rex54
12-30-2019, 09:12 PM
Basically every point you make also applied just as much after the EB. The only new thing is the fight.

Completely wrong. The fight and the blowout LOSS.

Todd4State
12-30-2019, 09:15 PM

An embarrassing loss at that. Fans did their part. We showed up. I'm still here actually. Our football program is not giving back the fans for the effort we put into it supporting them.

MetEdDawg
12-30-2019, 09:17 PM
If you want Joe Brady you are taking a risk of the exact same thing we have now.

We don't need an offensive genius. We need an organizational genius. Someone that understands what an SEC program should look like. Joe Brady is not that guy.

We've got to get someone that understands the structure and function of the SEC. and we have to get the nuts to fire Joe Moorhead. It's got to happen

the_real_MSU_is_us

Bit we knew the team sucked. We had already lost games we should have won (Kstate and TN) and failed to be competitive vs any superior team. Losing badly to UL exposes nothing. At least to me it didnt, maybe the cigar boys didnt realize how bad we are till now

BeardoMSU
Too bad football coaches don't live their lives in accordance with a Samurai-esque code of honor....**

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdvancedDearestAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

HoopsDawg
12-30-2019, 09:21 PM
If you want Joe Brady you are taking a risk of the exact same thing we have now.

We don't need an offensive genius. We need an organizational genius. Someone that understands what an SEC program should look like. Joe Brady is not that guy.

We've got to get someone that understands the structure and function of the SEC. and we have to get the nuts to fire Joe Moorhead. It's got to happen

I'm willing to roll the dice on a high risk, high reward candidate that would excite the fan base and recruits.

Todd4State
12-30-2019, 09:21 PM
Too bad football coaches don't live their lives in accordance with a Samurai-esque code of honor....**

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdvancedDearestAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

Joe would probably screw up and stab our QB in the eye.

Statecoachingblows**
12-30-2019, 09:24 PM
He's closer to home, leave him in Nashville

bluelightstar
12-30-2019, 09:26 PM
We have to do something before Davis Wade turns into the same ghost town as the Hump.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-30-2019, 09:27 PM
Let's talk fact and opinion

Opinion - I think he needs to be gone.

Fact - There was no negotiating a buyout days before the Egg Bowl. The "sources" on here were wrong.

Opinion - I think Keenum and Cohen should take a hard look at making a move now. And probably should have done it after the Egg Bowl

While my opinion is that they probably should have made a move after the Egg Bowl, the fact is that there was no negotiating a buyout in the days leading up to the Egg Bowl. It didn't happen. You can blame Cohen, Keenum, Cigar Boys, or whoever. But it didn't happen. Maybe it should have happened. But it didn't.

lefty96
12-30-2019, 09:28 PM
Really, if 6-7 is the goal, we should just fire our coach annually. If the best our athletics department can offer us on football is a coaching search to be excited about, I want one yearly. Screw this semiannual bed crapping of a bowl in Tennessee.

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2019, 09:33 PM

He's never get the chance. He'd check with the sideline and get a delay of game.

ScottH
12-30-2019, 09:44 PM
a lot about our cigar boys.

Unfortunately, ours are Virginia Slims compared to other schools

msbulldog
12-30-2019, 09:47 PM

Absolutely! Rep given!

Todd4State
12-30-2019, 09:50 PM

My question right now is if we have enough Virginia Slims to get him out. Joe hasn't done anything to help himself since the last play of the Egg Bowl. I can't imagine millionaires like to be told to kick rocks and pound sand.

msbulldog
Funny, rep given!

NCDawg
Wish we could get Satterfield to leave Louisville and come with us. He is a really good football coach.

dawgday166
12-30-2019, 09:51 PM

LOL ... a girl's cigarette. That's our problem. ***

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2019, 09:52 PM

Outstanding post

DownwardDawg
12-30-2019, 09:54 PM

We need a defensive genius. That?s what I want!

trob115
12-30-2019, 09:56 PM
🥱 🥱 🥱..... same tired offense, same excuses. I fully expect sloMO to be our coach next season unfortunately.

defiantdog
12-30-2019, 10:04 PM
We need a coach who can recruit, discipline, organized, and doesn't want to be everyone's friend..... Hire the right assistant coaches and get on it.

BuckyIsAB****
12-30-2019, 10:09 PM
Keenum is too soft. I think the moment of truth came and he couldnt do it. Him and Moorhead share a fatal flaw, they are just simply too nice of guys to do what it takes. You aint doing yourself any favors by tolerating bullshit within your program, or business. Being in a leadership role is tough. Every one wants it but a few can handle it

OLJWales
12-30-2019, 10:11 PM
Do I have sources? No
Do I know any Slims? No

But after this season with it being patently obvious he has no clue what he's doing, it was going to take a W at minimum to keep his job. He was gone no matter what with a L here tonight. But the real kicker, the ace up our sleeves, is the Gay/Shrader incident.

You can't lose AND have that happen. Not after showing your ass in the post-EB presser. There's no saving face now. There's no universe in which he can remain our coach. None. It's happening, there's just no way it can't. The entire fanbase is now on board.

Shit performance
Zero improvement
Zero signs that improvement can occur
Talking down to the fanbase
Embarrassing incident KNOCKING THE STARTING QB OUT OF THE GAME
Bowl game blowout to a vastly inferior team.

He Gone.

Do you have cock block syndrome? maybe.

parabrave
12-30-2019, 10:19 PM

God we need Belushi Samurai Moorhead GIF

Bothrops
12-30-2019, 10:29 PM
LOL ... a girl's cigarette. That's our problem. ***

We have some alums that carry Montecristo's but aren't overly concerned about MSU football, because their parents weren't overly concerned about MSU football.

viverlibre
12-30-2019, 11:32 PM
The only thing happening is spring signing day and spring practice with JoMo at the helm.

oldjoedawg
12-30-2019, 11:36 PM
I doubt that any experienced head coach would want to come near this program at this time.....and as for staff shake-ups, any assistant willing to come to our program has to know it will likely be for one year....that may be a hard sell.

Cowbell
12-30-2019, 11:39 PM
I doubt that any experienced head coach would want to come near this program at this time.....and as for staff shake-ups, any assistant willing to come to our program has to know it will likely be for one year....that may be a hard sell.

Wrong - any coach they would have to do little to improve on this

Lord McBuckethead
12-30-2019, 11:51 PM
Well Moorhead has successfully returned us to 2008. That is where our future prospects seem to be pointing. I was a big Moorhead fan all the way up to the UT game and aTm game. Dude is incapable of coaching football in the HC position. Every aspect of the team is worse than it was 2 years ago when we beat Jackson with a piece meal coaching staff.

viverlibre
12-30-2019, 11:56 PM

Hud would, but JoMo is here through the end of the 2020 season.

PKADogs55
12-31-2019, 12:13 AM
Just more BS ... Needs to go .. but sadly, not happening this year. Least till Nov.

Bothrops
12-31-2019, 01:01 AM
Starkville is gonna lose a lot of business by this time next year.

StateDawg44
12-31-2019, 08:37 AM
Cohen did lay down the gauntlet a little when he put so much focus on this bowl game both privately and publicly.

I would call Joe Brady and Billy Napier and get a deal in place with one of these guys and then pull the trigger.

Joe Brady isn't coming to MSU.

3rdGen
12-31-2019, 08:56 AM
Joe Brady isn't coming to MSU.

THANK YOU!!!! Can we give this narrative a 6 foot hole please!

One of the dumbest things I have heard. NFL or bust for that guy.

Dawgology
12-31-2019, 09:05 AM

A lot of them came of age when MSU was the doormat of the SEC. 6 wins with an Ole Miss win is still the head coaching pinnacle to them.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-31-2019, 09:15 AM
Keenum is too soft. I think the moment of truth came and he couldnt do it. Him and Moorhead share a fatal flaw, they are just simply too nice of guys to do what it takes. You aint doing yourself any favors by tolerating bullshit within your program, or business. Being in a leadership role is tough. Every one wants it but a few can handle it

^^^^This ALL DAY^^^^

Jack Lambert
12-31-2019, 09:26 AM
An embarrassing loss at that. Fans did their part. We showed up. I'm still here actually. Our football program is not giving back the fans for the effort we put into it supporting them.

Other then the shit show put on the field Miss State should be proud. The school did a great job from the bill boards around the down town area to the fan fair. Miss State fans showed up and the down town area was basically Maroon and White. I was really surprise of the turn out.

Rex54
01-03-2020, 10:40 AM
IT HAPPENED

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-03-2020, 11:02 AM
IT HAPPENED

https://media2.giphy.com/media/s9ivFB2exIKCA/giphy.gif