PDA

View Full Version : The MSU Admin has Put the Football Program at Extreme Risk With Their Lack of Action

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2019, 07:09 PM
Joe has to be fired tonight. I don't know how anyone with a brain could watch this team over the past 26 games believe this program is headed in any direction other than down the gutter.

Here's the problems Though:

1. What in the world would it cost us to fire him now that we have a gentleman's agreement on an extension?

2. All of our recruits would released from their scholarships & have a chance to sign with another school?

The lack of action & common sense by the MSU administration & major boosters has put this football program in absolute parral

You simply can't go into next season with Moorhead has the head coach, but you've created major issues by not firing him after the Egg Bowl. MAJOR ISSUES

What we have seen here is complete lack of leadership by the MSU administration &/or an inability to competently evaluate the product the field.

Make no mistake: This is the biggest our program has been at risk since Jackie's days. All because of a lack of action & leadership

Rex54
12-30-2019, 07:13 PM
The vast majority of recruits wouldn't go anywhere.

That's not a concern anyway, if we had a top 10 class he would still have to go.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2019, 07:14 PM

That's not a concern anyway, if we had a top 10 class he would still have to go.

I agree, but that doesn't change the FACT that this situation has been handled with complete incompetence

Rex54
12-30-2019, 07:21 PM
I agree, but that doesn't change the FACT that this situation has been handled with complete incompetence

I think we lose more recruits if he leaves after the EB... Now that the early period is passed there are less spots for them to bolt to.. It worked out perfectly IF we fire him now.

It's more justifiable after an embarrassing loss than an EB win.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2019, 07:22 PM
I think we lose more recruits if he leaves after the EB... Now that the early period is passed there are less spots for them to bolt to.. It worked out perfectly IF we fire him now.

It's more justifiable after an embarrassing loss than an EB win.

You may be correct here.

Any idea what it would cost to fire him tonight?

The level of incompetency in the decision making process through this is an insult to poor decision making processes

MetEdDawg
12-30-2019, 07:24 PM
I have to think firing is on the table. When an AD comes out and says this is a business trip bowl game, that is telling about the aura around the program.

You go to said bowl game and lose by 10 and were down by 17 at one point, that can't sit well with our admin.

I've got to think we take a hard look at this. Next year is a dead year if he stays. No one will come here to coach. So I don't know how we move forward confidently with Moorhead after this.

ScoobaDawg
12-30-2019, 07:27 PM
I haven't seen anything confirmed the extension was approved / passed yet. so maybe it's not in effect yet.
oh well I'll believe something will happen when Cohen calls a press conference...
till then.. screw Joe... I hate it for the athletes. he is a hack.

Quaoarsking
Most schools filled most of their recruiting spots already, so the new coach can probably hold most of the recruits, since there won't be many schools left for them to flip to.

ScottH
Apparently incompetent ad
Observationally impotent president
Major boosters that just don't measure up to major boosters at other schools

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2019, 07:28 PM
Most schools filled most of their recruiting spots already, so the new coach can probably hold most of the recruits, since there won't be many schools left for them to flip to.

Ole Miss hasn't

At this point, we'd be better off holding onto Moorhead till after signing day & then firing him

hp22
12-30-2019, 07:29 PM
The fact we got an unsportsmanlike penalty with 30 seconds remaining down 10 after scoring a td is a microcosm of our year. So undisciplined. And so inconsistent.

Tommy Stevens ran 17 times. NICK Gibson got 8 carries for 60 yards and really didn't get it in after about the first 3 series.

Mobile Bay
12-30-2019, 07:29 PM
We have to get rid of him, but we won't. Cohen is in so far over his head he can't breathe.

Coursesuper
12-30-2019, 07:33 PM
This guy and our "leadership" have killed a program in 2 years. This guy will be fired 5 or 6 games into the next season and we will do the most MSU thing of all time rinse and repeat. I have zero faith in anyone leading our athletic department.

Quaoarsking
12-30-2019, 07:35 PM
Ole Miss hasn't

At this point, we'd be better off holding onto Moorhead till after signing day & then firing him

That's at best unethical. If he's not going to be our coach in 2020, he should be out tomorrow to give recruits the full information.

ShotgunDawg
12-30-2019, 07:38 PM
That's at best unethical. If he's not going to be our coach in 2020, he should be out tomorrow to give recruits the full information.

I agree, but we're kind of up a creek without a paddle at this point

IMissJack
12-30-2019, 07:40 PM

Depends on who the new coach would be. But at this point, our AD has had the field narrowed quite a bit.