PDA

View Full Version : Just reported that Garrett is gone in Dallas. Not renewing contract and starting...

RougeDawg
12-29-2019, 07:59 PM
Search. Not a shocker.

Hopefully they can get someone to use all that talent.

preachermatt83
12-29-2019, 08:01 PM
Dan Mullen would win there

Mjoelner34
12-29-2019, 08:07 PM
I don't understand. He finished with a .500 record by defeating his rival in the final game. Isn't that a sign of a successful program?***

timotheus
12-29-2019, 08:09 PM
Jerry will mess it up, just give him time.

Statecoachingblows**
12-29-2019, 08:10 PM
I don't understand. He finished with a .500 record by defeating his rival in the final game. Isn't that a sign of a successful program?***

Ouch

RougeDawg
12-29-2019, 08:11 PM

Only programs/teams satisfied with mediocrity do things like that.

Organizations that want to win, make the necessary changes with it is obvious a change is the only option.

R2Dawg
12-29-2019, 08:14 PM

Not only that, the Cowboys D wasn't exactly the 85 Bears either.

I would say hey Jerry, give Joe a call but I couldn't do that to Dak. I do think Mullen would be a good fit.

craigmid
12-29-2019, 08:15 PM
Search. Not a shocker.

Link?
Not seeing it anywhere.

Scared_Hitless
12-29-2019, 08:16 PM
Only programs/teams satisfied with mediocrity do things like that.

Organizations that want to win, make the necessary changes with it is obvious a change is the only option.

They accepted 10 years of mediocrity under Garrett but carry on.

Coursesuper
12-29-2019, 08:28 PM

You 𝙒𝙞𝙣 elitedawgs for the evening.

Todd4State
12-29-2019, 08:29 PM
I would love it if they hired Dan. Stricklin will probably poach Joe and then we're all happy.

Coach34
12-29-2019, 08:35 PM
Until Jerry dies- it doesnt matter. They wont hire a legit GM and HC

RougeDawg
12-29-2019, 08:45 PM
They accepted 10 years of mediocrity under Garrett but carry on.

Pretty sure you need a new dictionary to look up the word comparison. Either that or actually review the percentage of seasons Garret underachieved. I guarantee you it was not 100%. And I guarantee you that Garrett never had the NFL talent equivalent of the talent SloMo has amongst the college ranks.

When Dallas decided to spend some money on quality players Garrett/Dallas were competitive. This was his worst performing year, with a roster that should have achieved more. The 2015 season they had key injuries to Dez and Romo. So 2019 was really only underachievement since Jerry started paying players.

BogeyGolfer
12-29-2019, 08:56 PM
Search. Not a shocker.

Where is this report, I haven't seen anything in writing?...Either way, I believe it will happen....

craigmid
12-29-2019, 08:57 PM
Again, link?
This has not been reported anywhere.
Although, I hope it happens.

MrKotter
12-29-2019, 09:00 PM

Stephen will take over then and he's a bigger idiot than Jerry.

MoreCowbell
12-29-2019, 09:06 PM
Not sure where you are seeing this but it has not been reported yet and prob won’t be until Monday. Provide a link or this is fake news

BogeyGolfer
12-29-2019, 09:14 PM
Not sure where you are seeing this but it has not been reported yet and prob won?t be until Monday. Provide a link or this is fake news

Yes, I follow Dallas closely this has not been announced actually the opposite. Jerry said he is not leaving any doors closed when it comes to Garrett. However, I do expect a change and Garrett may go to the front office....

Cowbell
12-29-2019, 09:27 PM
Yes, I follow Dallas closely this has not been announced actually the opposite. Jerry said he is not leaving any doors closed when it comes to Garrett. However, I do expect a change and Garrett may go to the front office....

Agreed and I leave here

parabrave
12-29-2019, 09:50 PM

No then Stephen takes over and that will be worse. BTW Lincoln Riley come on down.

Turfdawg67
12-29-2019, 11:26 PM
Pretty sure you need a new dictionary to look up the word comparison. Either that or actually review the percentage of seasons Garret underachieved. I guarantee you it was not 100%. And I guarantee you that Garrett never had the NFL talent equivalent of the talent SloMo has amongst the college ranks.

When Dallas decided to spend some money on quality players Garrett/Dallas were competitive. This was his worst performing year, with a roster that should have achieved more. The 2015 season they had key injuries to Dez and Romo. So 2019 was really only underachievement since Jerry started paying players.

But they have all the resources in the world and still didn't bring in better talent or coaches so Shittless is right... they've accepted a whole lot of mediocrity. It was a silly comparison to begin with...

msstate7
12-29-2019, 11:39 PM
But they have all the resources in the world and still didn't bring in better talent or coaches so Shittless is right... they've accepted a whole lot of mediocrity. It was a silly comparison to begin with...

What resources help you get around the salary cap?

TaleofTwoDogs
12-29-2019, 11:41 PM
Not confirmed by the Dallas press yet but it is probably a done deal. From the believe it or not file, Dez Bryant says he wants the job. The man has zero coaching experience.

Turfdawg67
12-30-2019, 12:25 AM
Not confirmed by the Dallas press yet but it is probably a done deal. From the believe it or not file, Dez Bryant says he wants the job. The man has zero coaching experience.

No even Jerry is that dumb... I hope.

Irondawg
12-30-2019, 12:48 AM
I doubt he wants to do the college thing but might be worth giving Kellen Moore a call about an QB coach/OC position.

RougeDawg
12-30-2019, 01:22 AM

Silly as in how? Do you do facts?

Dallas and Jerry finally started spending money on players around 2014 to actually compete. Of the 6 seasons since then they?ve had one season with verifiable underachievement, 2019. 2015 they lost their best 2 playmakers and that was the worst record aside from 2019.

The simple point was this. A coach who trends with doing less with more was the comparison. This may be difficult for you to comprehend.

The talent Dallas has had versus results has been on par for all but 2019. The talent versus results for Mississippi State football has been a net negative result, under JoVester.

Why is this so hard? It really does not take much brainpower to compare the commonalities and similarities. Then bring in the constraints of the nfl and parity rules.

Add all of those up and it?s a no brainer. But after reading this board and social media, I think no brainer is losing its impact and meaning.

And we wonder why Mississippi is stereotyped in the way it is. Incoherent, ignorant, and incompetent comprehension of basic facts/stats are foreign to most.

msstatelp1
12-30-2019, 07:07 AM
Link?
Not seeing it anywhere.

Jay Glazer on the post game show said Garrett's contract wasn't being renewed and a coaching search was being started.

MetEdDawg
12-30-2019, 07:55 AM
Dallas has I believe 20 unrestricted free agents this year.

Jerry Jones could absolutely kill this team for the next decade if he doesn't make proper personnel decisions. This year would be the year to get a GM to ensure they can be competitive going forward.

They get pick #17 this year. They need some help on the back end of their defense and the DT position, but with the number of spots they could potentially have open, I could see them moving back and getting additional picks.

If I'm Dak, I give serious consideration to leaving Dallas. I know it's his childhood team, but that organization could end up more of a mess than it already is if Jerry screws up personnel decisions and his HC hire.

msstate7
12-30-2019, 08:01 AM
Dallas has I believe 20 unrestricted free agents this year.

Jerry Jones could absolutely kill this team for the next decade if he doesn't make proper personnel decisions. This year would be the year to get a GM to ensure they can be competitive going forward.

They get pick #17 this year. They need some help on the back end of their defense and the DT position, but with the number of spots they could potentially have open, I could see them moving back and getting additional picks.

If I'm Dak, I give serious consideration to leaving Dallas. I know it's his childhood team, but that organization could end up more of a mess than it already is if Jerry screws up personnel decisions and his HC hire.

Leave Dallas for where? That would be a dumb financial move imo

Coach34
12-30-2019, 08:16 AM
It looks like they are going to franchise tag Dak since they havent worked a deal yet. Dak isnt leaving Dallas

MetEdDawg
12-30-2019, 08:45 AM
Leave Dallas for where? That would be a dumb financial move imo

They are most likely going to franchise tag him, but if I'm Dak, I'm not worried about the financials. Dude has a ton of endorsements and will have plenty of money wherever he goes.

I would be concerned about winning. Saints are going to need a QB. If Brees wins it all it could be this year. If he comes back it could be next year. Dak would bring some of that same magic given he's from Louisiana. Go to Tampa with Bruce Arians? Dak is at least 1 win better than Winston, maybe 2. With the flux in that division he could do well there.

There's a few other spots. Dallas is the place they will pay him the most money. But if I'm Dak, I don't know how much faith I've got in Jerry Jones to get me a HC capable of contending immediately. Ron Rivera could do it. McCarthey could too. But Jerry seems like the kind of person who will go get a Lincoln Riley or someone else he can control that will have to learn how to do it on the job. A ready to go HC is what the Cowboys need most, but I don't think Jerry wants to put someone in that's going to want control. Which is why ultimately I think Dallas could be in this same spot for the foreseeable future.

ScoobaDawg
12-30-2019, 09:27 AM
It looks like they are going to franchise tag Dak since they havent worked a deal yet. Dak isnt leaving Dallas

Exactly. Dak doesn't really have an option unfortunately.