PDA

View Full Version : Watching Montez Sweat dominate today reminded me of Joe

R2Dawg
12-29-2019, 05:39 PM
Actually we did have the college version of the 85 Bears last year. Our players continue to show Joe up.

How does a team that talented lose 5 games and look that bad on O with Jenkins up front and all time SEC rushing QB?

Political Hack
12-29-2019, 05:46 PM
Square peg, round hole.

Rex54
12-29-2019, 05:46 PM
He should have been fired after the loss to Mullen. What the hell was Cohen thinking hiring this idiot. JC, always trying to show he's the smartest and brightest.

OLJWales
12-29-2019, 06:12 PM
I'd like to see the final outcomes of all college football teams over the last 20 years who only gave up 12 regular season TD's. You gotta try REAL hard to parlay that into 4 losses then lose the bowl game where you put 200 yds on the ground and hold your bowl opponent to zero. And that brings up another question. How the hell do you figure out a way to lose a bowl game under THOSE circumstances?

ScoobaDawg
12-29-2019, 06:35 PM
There's the dak running we remember.. stiff arm push the defender down.. atta boy!!!

BeardoMSU
12-29-2019, 06:45 PM
He should have been fired after the loss to Mullen. What the hell was Cohen thinking hiring this idiot. JC, always trying to show he's the smartest and brightest.

Kick rocks. Pound sand. Repeat.**

BeardoMSU
12-29-2019, 06:46 PM
There's the dak running we remember.. stiff arm push the defender down.. atta boy!!!

That was pretty nasty.

HoopsDawg
12-29-2019, 06:58 PM
off topic but how did bill belichick pass on AJ Brown and take the WR from Arizona State. Not smart Bill.

Coach34
12-29-2019, 07:02 PM
JoMo had to learn that the SEC DGAF and will man you up all day long- and they have the people and team speed to do it. No more of those soft ass zones of the Big Ten.

LSU can exploit it. So can Bama. For the rest of us- the struggle is real.

cheewgumm
12-29-2019, 07:05 PM
Last season will be near impossible for me to get over.

Inexcusable.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-29-2019, 07:07 PM
If Osirus only would have caught that pass against Florida:(

MedDawg
12-29-2019, 07:31 PM
I'd like to see the final outcomes of all college football teams over the last 20 years who only gave up 12 regular season TD's. You gotta try REAL hard to parlay that into 4 losses then lose the bowl game where you put 200 yds on the ground and hold your bowl opponent to zero. And that brings up another question. How the hell do you figure out a way to lose a bowl game under THOSE circumstances?

Dropped winning touchdown pass. And a blown coverage by that #1 defense.

OLJWales
12-29-2019, 07:34 PM

talking about the bowl game here? you get 200 yds rushing vs the opponents zero and we lose due to 2 plays? just making sure I understand what you are implying.

BhamDawg205
12-29-2019, 07:37 PM

Not chip blocking or double teaming a DE that's beat your tackle to WHOLE game.

Cowbell
12-29-2019, 07:37 PM

I can't find anything that the man has improved for us besides Shoop as a DC. He has maintained recruiting and everything else has been a regression.

RougeDawg
12-29-2019, 07:40 PM
Last season will be near impossible for me to get over.

Inexcusable.

I?m there with you. A deaf, blind, functioning alcohol could have won more than 8 games with the 2018 roster we had. Not sure I will ever to wrap my round around how terrible of a coaching job SloMo displayed. I have never been this down about MSU football. Not even the Slytanic years created this much apathy and dont give a shit for me. I have 0.000% motivation for it and that will not change until the Yankee ass is back kicking his own GD rocks north of the mason dixon line.

MaroonFlounder
12-29-2019, 10:26 PM
I have never been this down about MSU football. Not even the Slytanic years created this much apathy and dont give a shit for me.

That is a brain-dead take. Croom and McCorvey will forever be the worst. The numbers are undeniable. Look them up.

Cowbell
12-29-2019, 10:56 PM
That is a brain-dead take. Croom and McCorvey will forever be the worst. The numbers are undeniable. Look them up.

We are playing in the same bowl games with more talent now...

MaroonFlounder
12-29-2019, 11:39 PM
We are playing in the same bowl games with more talent now...

Croom was never better than 103rd out of 117 NCAA teams in total offense in his 5 years.

And that was with Jerious Norwood and Boobie Dixon.

HancockCountyDog
12-30-2019, 12:09 AM
Actually we did have the college version of the 85 Bears last year. Our players continue to show Joe up.

How does a team that talented lose 5 games and look that bad on O with Jenkins up front and all time SEC rushing QB?

Just wait for Dantzler, Hill, Darryl Williams, Willie Gay, Errol Thompson, and Brian Cole to all be on NFL rosters within next two years.

Most under achieving team that I can remember based on pure NFL talent.

DeputyDawg94
12-30-2019, 12:22 AM
Last year is when Joe lost me. That should have been an 11 win season, and he pissed it away because he’d rather lose his way than win another way. This year just solidified my opinion of him. I’ll be a rock kicking, sand pounding 17er till he’s gone.

I was thinking about taking my kids to the bowl game then I thought about the TN game. I’m not driving that far and spending that kind of $ if I’m not confident we can win.

RougeDawg
12-30-2019, 01:01 AM

??? I pray you are an AI bot. No human with a functioning brain could post this.

I know how to use my google or bing.

Maybe you should fix yours and search for a new dictionary in your first login.

MaroonFlounder
12-30-2019, 11:52 AM
??? I pray you are an AI bot. No human with a functioning brain could post this.

I know how to use my google or bing.

Maybe you should fix yours and search for a new dictionary in your first login.

Not a bot.

As bad as Moorhead offense is....it's still way better than Croom & McCorvey.

Sorry.

hp22
12-30-2019, 12:30 PM

We gave up 12 touchdowns in the regular season and lost 4 games.

1. TD at Bama on first drive. They fumbled and we recovers. Review would have overturned it

2. Florida on a trick play after our starter in secondary got hurt. Good coaching by Dan.

3. 1 yard td at Lsu

4. A 15 yard drive at Kansas State

My point is simple. We had one of the most elite defenses in college football. We had 2 1000 yard rushers in the backfield with Fitz and Williams. And we had the current SEC leader in Hill. We had NFL guys up front too. Losing 4 was inexcusable.

My recollection on the stats above may be a bit hazy so forgive me if I'm wrong. That defense holds their own in the "best of decade" in all of college football. We lost 4 and then the bowl game. Our defense output is even more amazing considering the crap positions they were in.