PDA

View Full Version : Severe weather possible this afternoon

starkvegasdawg
12-29-2019, 10:52 AM
Area in yellow in the first pic is overall severe weather threat area. That entire area is under a slight risk of damaging winds. Area in brown in the second picture is the slight risk area for tornadoes.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk_1300.gif

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1probotlk_1300_torn.gif

BeastMan
12-29-2019, 10:53 AM
Is a deer stand a suitable shelter? Asking for a friend. It’s rut

DownwardDawg
12-29-2019, 10:58 AM

Tomorrow is going to be perfect!! Sunshine and cold!! No better hunting!!!!

starkvegasdawg
12-29-2019, 11:09 AM

As long as you hold your rifle straight up in the air to act as a lightning rod.

parabrave
12-29-2019, 04:46 PM
If your in and around Kosciusko need to take cover. That Cell looks like it on a path to Brush Campus

timotheus
12-29-2019, 05:17 PM
We just leaving the womens game. Looks rough back to the SE

parabrave
12-29-2019, 05:19 PM

Thats because a Tornado is on its way. You should be hearing Sirens by now

Doggie_Style
12-29-2019, 05:25 PM
Thats because a Tornado is on its way. You should be hearing Sirens by now

Any confirmation that a tornado is on the ground?

Bubb Rubb
12-29-2019, 05:36 PM

I'm assuming you meant southwest.

timotheus
12-29-2019, 05:59 PM
I did. was running fast

starkvegasdawg
12-29-2019, 07:17 PM
Any confirmation that a tornado is on the ground?

There was no confirmed tornado with this storm. I was chasing it most of the afternoon. It did produce a few suspicious lowerings, but nothing close to anything that could be confirmed.

Westdawg
12-29-2019, 10:10 PM
Just got home from the game. McCool (halfway between Ackerman and Kosciusko) took a nasty hit.
Our farm has been hit by two tornadoes and 2 sets of straight line winds in true past twenty years. And I can tell you that when you have trees twisted up and laying in the opposite direction of the storm as well as perpendicular to the storm, it ain't straight line winds. There is definite sign of tornado damage. Going to go back tomorrow and see what I can help with - got several family friends in that area that have been directly impacted.
If you are heading back west on Hwy 12 tonight, be VERY careful. Power lines and poles are down from the west side of Ackerman to just about the town of Ethel.
MDOT and some local loggers have pulled/pushed most trees off the highway, but debris is piled up thick and high along the roadside. Take your time and be safe.

Mjoelner34
12-29-2019, 10:40 PM
Both photos are from Starkvegas' moving vehicle but here are the best two we got today.

Moving south and looking west at the 25/12 overpass as sirens were going off. No rotation visible but was indicated by radar where you see the lowering.

The second was a few minutes later speeding east on the 82 bypass at the intersection with 12 looking south in heavy rain. No rotation noticed here either but Starkvegas said it was showing in this area on radar. The wind picked up significantly as that lowering passed just behind us. I was busy watching the sky and taking photos while Vegas was checking the radar and driving.

The clouds were much darker and ominous looking live than they are in the photos.

starkvegasdawg
12-29-2019, 11:33 PM
Just got home from the game. McCool (halfway between Ackerman and Kosciusko) took a nasty hit.
Our farm has been hit by two tornadoes and 2 sets of straight line winds in true past twenty years. And I can tell you that when you have trees twisted up and laying in the opposite direction of the storm as well as perpendicular to the storm, it ain't straight line winds. There is definite sign of tornado damage. Going to go back tomorrow and see what I can help with - got several family friends in that area that have been directly impacted.
If you are heading back west on Hwy 12 tonight, be VERY careful. Power lines and poles are down from the west side of Ackerman to just about the town of Ethel.
MDOT and some local loggers have pulled/pushed most trees off the highway, but debris is piled up thick and high along the roadside. Take your time and be safe.

Some of the photos I've seen looked like tornado damage to me, but the NWS will do a survey of the damage to confirm.

gravedigger
12-30-2019, 02:21 AM
Area in yellow in the first pic is overall severe weather threat area. That entire area is under a slight risk of damaging winds. Area in brown in the second picture is the slight risk area for tornadoes.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk_1300.gif

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1probotlk_1300_torn.gif

I just want to say that no matter whether I agree with any of you weather guys on sports or politics, you are GOLD for these weather updates.

If it hasnt already, it's going to save the life of one or more of us on this board.

Keep up the great work and thank you again for your service to all of us.

msbulldog
12-30-2019, 04:50 AM
I just want to say that no matter whether I agree with any of you weather guys on sports or politics, you are GOLD for these weather updates.

If it hasnt already, it's going to save the life of one or more of us on this board.

Damn right! Thank you!

Westdawg
12-30-2019, 01:10 PM
I will take some pics hopefully today of the damage. Had to be in the office this morning, but hope to get to McCool today.

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2019, 02:06 PM

Sincerely appreciate that. I do love being out there next to severe weather and seeing it up close, but I always try to remember first and foremost I'm out there to hopefully relay lifesaving information. I had a woman yesterday on my live stream that lived in Tupelo but has a daughter at State worried about her safety. It was very gratifying to be able to tell her the storm was passed and she was safe.

parabrave
12-30-2019, 02:15 PM
What is your Livestream? I have watched reed trim on youtube/

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2019, 02:56 PM
What is your Livestream? I have watched reed trim on youtube/

I do it over my twitter page and then my chase team will pick it up. Easiest way, though, is to follow me on twitter @nmscasStan

parabrave
12-30-2019, 03:28 PM
I do it over my twitter page and then my chase team will pick it up. Easiest way, though, is to follow me on twitter @nmscasStan

Thanks and one day you can tell us about that pic on your page. Dam

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Thanks and one day you can tell us about that pic on your page. Dam

That was the tornado that hit Holly Springs two days before Christmas four years ago. I took that picture near Marks, MS.