PDA

View Full Version : Joe B ... do me one favor ..

PKADogs55
12-29-2019, 02:47 AM
Beat Dabo and the fukn long haired QB. OSU robbed. And I hate OSU.

Cooterpoot
12-29-2019, 03:15 AM
OSU wasn't robbed

BhamDawg205
12-29-2019, 06:55 AM
Had missed calls, but OSU left at least 12 pts off the board. Couldn't capitalize on those 3 trips to the red zone in the 1st half. Give Clemson credit defense kept them in it until the offense woke up. Oh how I dream MSU offense would wake up in games with equal or better talent.

chef dixon
12-29-2019, 08:35 AM
Clemson is the better team but they were outplayed

basedog
12-29-2019, 08:38 AM
Clemson probably has the best college football program in the country, probably the best coaching staff. Class program and I will be pulling for them. I don't dislike Burrows, O nor Lsu, good story line for them this year. But Clemson is consist mainly because of great Coaching.

I really enjoyed the game last night between Clemson and Ohio State, OHS had their chances but weren't good enough to win.

R2Dawg
12-29-2019, 09:51 AM
Beat Dabo and the fukn long haired QB. OSU robbed. And I hate OSU.

Geaux Tigers.

OSU targeting call was BS. He was coming in to tackle the dude. QB lowered his head, it is called incidental contact and a football play.

Pick 6 should have stood. Dude caught ball in hands and took 3-4 steps. It was a catch and fumble and OSU TD. Yep OSU wasted 3 RZ trips, should have been 28-0 to start. Game turned on the targeting call.

confucius say
12-29-2019, 11:21 AM
Geaux Tigers.

OSU targeting call was BS. He was coming in to tackle the dude. QB lowered his head, it is called incidental contact and a football play.

Pick 6 should have stood. Dude caught ball in hands and took 3-4 steps. It was a catch and fumble and OSU TD. Yep OSU wasted 3 RZ trips, should have been 28-0 to start. Game turned on the targeting call.

The targeting call was the very definition of targeting. Literally. He lowered his head and made forcible contact with the crown of his helmet to an opponent. That is targeting.

Remember, there are two sub parts to the targeting Rule. One is forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless player. That was not in play here. The other is the defender making forcible contact with crown of helmet to the opponent. This was in play here. It does not matter if he struck lawerence in the head or chest. The fact that the dB lowered his head and made forcible contact with the crown of his helmet is what resulted in targeting. Eyes up people.

https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-9-conduct-of-players-and-others-subject-to-the-rules/

OLJWales
12-29-2019, 12:14 PM
The targeting call was the very definition of targeting. Literally. He lowered his head and made forcible contact with the crown of his helmet to an opponent. That is targeting.

Remember, there are two sub parts to the targeting Rule. One is forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless player. That was not in play here. The other is the defender making forcible contact with crown of helmet to the opponent. This was in play here. It does not matter if he struck lawerence in the head or chest. The fact that the dB lowered his head and made forcible contact with the crown of his helmet is what resulted in targeting. Eyes up people.

https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-9-conduct-of-players-and-others-subject-to-the-rules/

I usually side with the defender but I don't think I can on this one. QB did more of a turn than a dip / lowering of head. Defender came in full throttle with his helmet in a spearing type fashion. Then the 2nd guy looked almost like he wanted to rip the QB's head off. QB lucky to not have suffered a broken leg on that play as well.

The Media love them some golden boy QB at Clemson. LSU better be wary of the officials.

chef dixon
12-29-2019, 12:22 PM
I usually side with the defender but I don't think I can on this one. QB did more of a turn than a dip / lowering of head. Defender came in full throttle with his helmet in a spearing type fashion. Then the 2nd guy looked almost like he wanted to rip the QB's head off. QB lucky to not have suffered a broken leg on that play as well.

The Media love them some golden boy QB at Clemson. LSU better be wary of the officials.

Don't disagree with your post, just that part is funny to me when I see it. So the media doesn't love Joe Burrow? They literally voted him the Heisman. Lawrence was quite under the radar this year.

OLJWales
12-29-2019, 12:40 PM
Don't disagree with your post, just that part is funny to me when I see it. So the media doesn't love Joe Burrow? They literally voted him the Heisman. Lawrence was quite under the radar this year.

good point, I was actually thinking about the heisman thingy while typing. Media love for golden boy may have fizzled some since he beat Saban but they sure orgasmed over him for quite a while after that. Two great QB's going after it. Will be interesting in all aspects.

R2Dawg
12-29-2019, 05:13 PM

Yes I know the rule but there is still interpretation. The rule needs to be rewritten for better application. The "or" portion instead of "and" logic make it depending on who is interpreting ability to call it way too much. The player was making a football play and yes his head hit the other players head but why? Because Lawrence moved and lowered. If he had stayed upright then no targeting play by the rules. Similar to the play by MSU Thompson at Auburn which was another terrible application. Thompson made a form tackle hit.

Now the OK player showed us what a true targeting play is. That one was legit. Might as well say tackle below the waist only. Also when you lower your shoulder to make a tackle, guess what your head goes where your shoulder is so there is potential for targeting even if that isn't the intent. That is the problem. Players moving fast in live speed. No way to prevent occasional head to head contact but that should not be targeting.

OLJWales
12-29-2019, 05:34 PM
Yes I know the rule but there is still interpretation. The rule needs to be rewritten for better application. The "or" portion instead of "and" logic make it depending on who is interpreting ability to call it way too much. The player was making a football play and yes his head hit the other players head but why? Because Lawrence moved and lowered. If he had stayed upright then no targeting play by the rules. Similar to the play by MSU Thompson at Auburn which was another terrible application. Thompson made a form tackle hit.

Now the OK player showed us what a true targeting play is. That one was legit. Might as well say tackle below the waist only. Also when you lower your shoulder to make a tackle, guess what your head goes where your shoulder is so there is potential for targeting even if that isn't the intent. That is the problem. Players moving fast in live speed. No way to prevent occasional head to head contact but that should not be targeting.

Upon further review, it is quite evident that the QB bent his knees which obviously lowers the head a split second before impact. The defender has full intentions of going in helmet first torpedo style which I assume is ok? This was NOT a defenseless receiver with his eyes glued on a pass with no knowledge of his surroundings. QB knew he's about to get skull drug. That's why he bent his damned knees. anyone would tell you better not continue to stand straight and tall in that situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhUby8SOEbs

confucius say
12-29-2019, 06:26 PM

Head to head had nothing to do with that call.

Again, any opponent who lowers his head and makes contact with an opponent using the crown of his helmet commits targeting. He could have hit lawerence in the thigh and it would still be targeting by the rule.

The crown of the helmet rule is to protect the striker moreso than the guy getting hit.

confucius say
12-29-2019, 06:28 PM
Upon further review, it is quite evident that the QB bent his knees which obviously lowers the head a split second before impact. The defender has full intentions of going in helmet first torpedo style which I assume is ok? This was NOT a defenseless receiver with his eyes glued on a pass with no knowledge of his surroundings. QB knew he's about to get skull drug. That's why he bent his damned knees. anyone would tell you better not continue to stand straight and tall in that situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhUby8SOEbs

It is not ok. Going in crown of helmet first torpedo style is targeting regardless of whether there is head to head contact

maroonmania
12-29-2019, 07:53 PM
Clemson probably has the best college football program in the country, probably the best coaching staff. Class program and I will be pulling for them. I don't dislike Burrows, O nor Lsu, good story line for them this year. But Clemson is consist mainly because of great Coaching.

I really enjoyed the game last night between Clemson and Ohio State, OHS had their chances but weren't good enough to win.

Ohio State had lots of chances but didn't take advantage in the red zone. The worst call I saw in either of the games yesterday was the totally missed interference call against LSU early when OU was still very much in the game.

OLJWales
12-29-2019, 08:01 PM
It is not ok. Going in crown of helmet first torpedo style is targeting regardless of whether there is head to head contact
then it was indeed targeting and a call I have no issues with. if the head and shoulder meet the ball carrier simultaneously, I'm good. This defender was going full throttle helmet being speared in. I guess the rule book needs updating because I have no issue with that flag being thrown. Thanks Confucius.