PDA

View Full Version : Fowler just said....

DogsofAnarchy
12-28-2019, 11:07 PM
Lebron James sent all the Ohio State Players BEATZ Headphones. How is that legal?

Dawgology
12-28-2019, 11:10 PM
Lebron James sent all the Ohio State Players BEATZ Headphones. How is that legal?

It’s not. But you only get punished for that stuff if you are MSU.

Hambone
12-28-2019, 11:12 PM
I thought it was only illegal if they were signees or recruits?

I thought once a student athlete is enrolled and is on campus they can receive “gifts”?

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 11:16 PM

I thought once a student athlete is enrolled and is on campus they can receive “gifts”?

Kevin Fant's tires disagree

DogsofAnarchy
12-28-2019, 11:16 PM

I know for sure that the 2nd part of your statement isn’t true.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 11:17 PM
I think the real question here is if Lebron is considered an Ohio State booster?

Was he a student? no

Does he give the school money? IDK

Does he buy season tickets? IDK

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 11:17 PM
The Ohio State compliance department demonstrating less than exemplary compliance.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 11:22 PM
I'd love to know the rule on this.

Can someone who didn't attend MSU & doesn't donate money but is an MSU fan, give our players new cars?

ElectroDawg
12-28-2019, 11:23 PM
This article explains loophole.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/lebron-ohio-state-football-beats-headphones-gift-not-ncaa-violation-2019-12

DogsofAnarchy
12-28-2019, 11:28 PM
A loophole....BB would have shit himself.

Scared_Hitless
12-28-2019, 11:48 PM
OBJ sent LSU custom cleats today. We need some alums to step up

Dawgology
12-28-2019, 11:52 PM
Brackey would have self reported and self-imposed multiple suspensions for the bowl and a bowl ban.

Hambone
12-29-2019, 12:12 AM
That’s an individual vs entire team.

Big difference.

The whole team received headphones, not just one or two

BeardoMSU
12-29-2019, 12:42 AM
BB would have shit himself.

Then he'd have forfeited us half as season for the trouble.

FriarsPoint
12-29-2019, 01:12 AM
Quit f ing around. Pass the g damn hat and pony up. Otherwise sit down.

“There are those that don’t cheat. The other teams are ranked”

Todd4State
12-29-2019, 01:23 AM
Brackey would have self reported and self-imposed multiple suspensions for the bowl and a bowl ban.

THAT'S the difference. If Roy Oswalt wanted to give the baseball or football team some headphones or whatever Brackey would never allow it.

DogsofAnarchy
12-29-2019, 01:43 AM
THAT'S the difference. If Roy Oswalt wanted to give the baseball or football team some headphones or whatever Brackey would never allow it.

And Roy would love to do that!!

hacker
12-29-2019, 08:16 AM
Every team receives gifts during bowls, this is a non-story

basedog
12-29-2019, 08:33 AM
Every team receives gifts during bowls, this is a non-story

I agree, way too much "poor Msu", some of you guys have crossed over the to the "bad side" way to much. Step away and enjoy other things more often. I haven't posted much lately mainly because I have been hunting and dealing with a sick wife.
I realize it's a hobby for a few on here and so be it but for me, it ain't all bad especially with us fixing to "Bowl". In saying that, I hope we win and I will be all Maroon Monday and fo sho I want be reading ED during the game. I already know pretty much who will be down and out after the first mistake.

If I lectured you, forgive me after all it is a message board and things go on and it ain't as bad as some think nor is as good as some want to believe. I went to Msu during some bad football and basketball, it's much better now days and it will survive and grow. Maybe not to some of you message board professionals, but to us family folks who enjoy say deer hunting, LOL!

Happy New Year to all you ED Msu fans! And no I ain't mad, just happy to see another year coming!

Let the fun begin and peace to all!

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-29-2019, 09:36 AM
The NCAA allows up to $550 in gifts be given to each player as a reward for making a bowl game.

If we dont have any booster willing to make sure every player gets $550 in free stuff that's just us failing to make our program as attractive as ot could be to recruits.

But OSU didnt break any rules, and Brackey wouldnt report us as theres no rules being broken.

Think before you go down the "poor old oppressed State!" road

RocketDawg
12-29-2019, 10:00 AM
I think the real question here is if Lebron is considered an Ohio State booster?

Was he a student? no

Correct.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-29-2019, 10:10 AM
Bracky would have allowed this. And remember that Lebron did not give the players headphones. Lebron gave OSU headphones. Then OSU gave them to the players.

RiverCityDawg
12-29-2019, 10:11 AM

Was he a student? no

The definition of a "booster" is much broader than that. You basically just have to be a fan. It's something like "someone with an interest in the well-being of the program" and it goes on to say "including but not limited to" alumni, buying season tickets, financial supporter, etc.

I know in this instance the gifts were part of the bowl swag that everyone gets, so no problem. But if it was just for the heck of it, it would have been a violation (and I'm sure he wouldn't have done it). LeBron is a known supporter and gave players "something of value" because of them being on the football team.

RougeDawg
12-29-2019, 11:15 AM
Some of you in the ?why are you worried about this? category are missing the big picture. If the NCAA allows things such as this it will most likely sway some recruits minds. They will think ?hey if I sign with OSU over Penn State, there may be added benefits down the road from the likes of Lebron?. Or OBJ if they sign with LSU over another SEC blue blood. All of these things impact ignorant 18 year olds. Just think back when you were 18. Your mindset and priorities were hopefully much different than today.

Those saying nothing to worry about or defending our compliance are part of the problem. Bottom line is the rules can be bent and damn near broken beyond repair, if you know how to play the game. But as MSU typically does, they cower, hide and make excuses as to why something is illegal or why we cannot do the same thing.

Dawgology
12-29-2019, 11:54 AM
So we should set up a gofundme and let recruits know that if they sign with us and get to a bowl game we will donate $20k to each of them as part of their bowl swag.

OLJWales
12-29-2019, 11:56 AM
I remember back in the 90's ND got in a tussle with the NCAA due to this woman who "embezzled" tons of cash from the company she was "working" for and pumped over a million into players pockets that went on long enough for her to have 2 kids with two different ND players. The case was dropped and ND got no penalties because she was not an official alum of ND. Don't know if the rules have changed on that or not but I remember ND being my 2nd team back then but I dropped them after that. I now wish ill will towards them because back then around the same time we were getting into trouble for dropping a few hundred on a kid to get some H.S. credits at the Ed Center in Jackson.

But yea, if somebody doesn't pony up gifts for all our players for at least $554.99 each, we are not doing the right thing which will keep us from having nice things in the future.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-29-2019, 12:41 PM

I guess you didn't see the news that Northern Ohio State College was put on 3 years probation by the NCAA a few days after the news of the "gifts" leaked to the media. **

DogsofAnarchy
12-29-2019, 01:07 PM
The NCAA allows up to $550 in gifts be given to each player as a reward for making a bowl game.

If we dont have any booster willing to make sure every player gets $550 in free stuff that's just us failing to make our program as attractive as ot could be to recruits.

But OSU didnt break any rules, and Brackey wouldnt report us as theres no rules being broken.

It doesn’t work the way you have it on here. So your whole “poor old oppressed State” shit is shit.

The players can receive $550 dollars worth of gifts from the BOWL GAME!!! Not from some swinging dick handing out money. In this case Lebron James arranged the Headphones with Dr. Dre and went thru the Bowl Game Representatives. I’m sure there were no kick backs for him!! But the MEDIA push to connect Lebron with Ohio State sure helps them. Doesn’t have anything to do with poor ole whooped down MSU. It’s just the facts. An individual cannot give gifts to players but LEBRON JAMES sure got credit for doing it.

DogsofAnarchy
12-29-2019, 01:23 PM

It doesn?t work the way you have it on here. So your your whole ?poor old oppressed State? shit is shit.

The players can receive $550 dollars worth of gifts from the BOWL GAME!!! Not from some swinging dick handing out money. In this case Lebron James arranged the Headphones with Dr. Dre and went thru the Bowl Game Representatives. I?m sure there were no kick backs for him!! But the MEDIA push to connect Lebron with Ohio State sure helps them. Doesn?t have anything to do with poor ole whooped down MSU. It?s just the facts. An individual cannot give gifts to players but LEBRON JAMES sure got credit for doing it.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-29-2019, 02:52 PM
Imagine how much of an asshole you have to be to sign a note "King James"

viverlibre
12-29-2019, 02:57 PM
We would have self-imposed suspensions for the entire time for the game and next season.

SailingDawg
12-29-2019, 03:04 PM
Jeffrey Simmons gave his high school team Beats a few weeks ago.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-29-2019, 09:28 PM
I remember back in the 90's ND got in a tussle with the NCAA due to this woman who "embezzled" tons of cash from the company she was "working" for and pumped over a million into players pockets that went on long enough for her to have 2 kids with two different ND players. The case was dropped and ND got no penalties because she was not an official alum of ND. Don't know if the rules have changed on that or not but I remember ND being my 2nd team back then but I dropped them after that. I now wish ill will towards them because back then around the same time we were getting into trouble for dropping a few hundred on a kid to get some H.S. credits at the Ed Center in Jackson.

But yea, if somebody doesn't pony up gifts for all our players for at least $554.99 each, we are not doing the right thing which will keep us from having nice things in the future.

What Catholic Church do you go to?