PDA

View Full Version : That's it, that's a football play...

Coursesuper
12-28-2019, 09:42 PM
This shit has got to end, the QB ducks right into that hit. Football is dead, might as well put on the GD flags.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-28-2019, 09:49 PM
Really Bad.

Why wouldn't coaches just teach QBs to drop their head when they are about to be sacked?

DownwardDawg
12-28-2019, 09:52 PM
Really Bad.

Why wouldn't coaches just teach QBs to drop their head when they are about to be sacked?

Apparently they do.

Commercecomet24
12-28-2019, 09:55 PM
Yeah it's gotten terrible. Offensive players duck their heads all the time get hit and then they call targeting on the defensive players smh

TUSK
12-28-2019, 09:59 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRYptFf0hZn4jlVBQr_gl0L5pIG7eH t-DPEeruMyKieLqGyJCrG

Maroonbulldog
12-28-2019, 10:08 PM
Looked like the defensive player lowered his helmet straight into the QB. Thought it was an obvious targeting call myself.

This shit has got to end, the QB ducks right into that hit. Football is dead, might as well put on the GD flags.

Leroy Jenkins
12-28-2019, 10:09 PM
You can't keep from ducking your head it is instinctual. Way better than taking it in the chin.... (That's what she said)

Rex54
12-28-2019, 10:12 PM
Yep it's complete horseshit.

There needs to be a "yellow card, red card" system. The ejections and missing next games halves is beyond contemptible. Like everything else that used to be good and decent in society, football had to be ****ed with too.

confucius say
12-28-2019, 10:15 PM
Looked like the defensive player lowered his helmet straight into the QB. Thought it was an obvious targeting call myself.

It was obvious. Defender lowered his head and the crown of his helmet hit Lawrence in the head. If he would have kept his eyes up he would have been fine. Textbook targeting.

Coursesuper
12-28-2019, 10:26 PM
It was obvious. Defender lowered his head and the crown of his helmet hit Lawrence in the head. If he would have kept his eyes up he would have been fine. Textbook targeting.

He doesn't hit him in the head if the QB doesn't duck into the hit. You try hitting someone with your face up, you can't just do it. There has to be intent to use the head as a weapon, that wasn't what happened on that play. The GD politics of today are sadly now part of this game and it blows. I can't wait to see what's next. It going to "great"!

Commercecomet24
12-28-2019, 10:31 PM
He doesn't hit him in the head if the QB doesn't duck into the hit. You try hitting someone with your face up, you can't just do it. There has to be intent to use the head as a weapon, that wasn't what happened on that play. The GD politics of today are sadly now part of this game and it blows. I can't wait to see what's next. It going to "great"!

Yeah they just showed it again and even the analyst/official guy said Lawrence ducked his head a "little".

Hambone
12-28-2019, 10:32 PM
Doesn’t matter, you CAN NOT lead with the crown of your helmet.

Doesn’t matter if he ducked or not. Some of you need to learn how the rule works. Forceable contact with the crown of the helmet is not permitted.

Whatever happened to “seeing what you hit.” That is a practice as old as time.

Coursesuper
12-28-2019, 11:21 PM
Doesn?t matter, you CAN NOT lead with the crown of your helmet.

Doesn?t matter if he ducked or not. Some of you need to learn how the rule works. Forceable contact with the crown of the helmet is not permitted.

Whatever happened to ?seeing what you hit.? That is a practice as old as time.

The rule itself is the problem, it's a knee jerk reaction to media scrutiny. It's poorly written and even more poorly enforced. And for the seeing what you hit, that's some bullshit. I want to see you hit a man full speed with out ducking your head at the last second. You just can't go it no matter what drill.