12-28-2019, 07:04 PM
Let's bring them both

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 07:24 PM
They'll both be gone next year.

Aranda will be a head coach and Brady will be an NFL OC

Coach34
12-28-2019, 08:15 PM
Aranda is very cerebral but will never interview well as a HC. He is the opposite of "juice". I think he is a career coordinator. He needs to stay right where he is. He will never have a better job than the one he has right now.

Brady is obviously sharp and will get his shot. LSU is gonna pay him. His next job will be as an OC at a big school or in the NFL. We cant afford him

Offshore Dawg
12-28-2019, 08:26 PM
Let's bring them both

And what makes you think they would be interested.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 09:31 PM
Aranda is already paid as much or pretty close to what Joe makes. I would guess it would take 3 million to get our foot in the door. Maybe more if he gets a raise after this year. The only way I could see us getting Brady would be to offer him our HC job which would be risky considering that he has never been an OC and is still really young. It would be about like Ole Miss when they hired Orgeron. And no one outside of LSU really knows exactly how much play calling and he actually does at LSU. My guess is they basically use him as a consultant that is learning from Ensminger as much as anything at this point and the odds of him being overhyped at this point are probably pretty high. He'll be an OC first like Coach34 is saying.

redstickdawg
12-28-2019, 09:53 PM
Let's bring them both

pretty unreal that people think that we could lure away the highest OC in CFB from LSU. Brady is set to make $1.5MM next year, let's be real.

TheLostDawg
12-28-2019, 09:56 PM
Aranda is already paid as much or pretty close to what Joe makes. I would guess it would take 3 million to get our foot in the door. Maybe more if he gets a raise after this year. The only way I could see us getting Brady would be to offer him our HC job which would be risky considering that he has never been an OC and is still really young. It would be about like Ole Miss when they hired Orgeron. And no one outside of LSU really knows exactly how much play calling and he actually does at LSU. My guess is they basically use him as a consultant that is learning from Ensminger as much as anything at this point and the odds of him being overhyped at this point are probably pretty high. He'll be an OC first like Coach34 is saying.

Until tonight. You saw him calling everything and look what they did and to who. Next year pay those two as HC and asst HC

TheLostDawg
12-28-2019, 09:56 PM
Or the next when we let Moorhead go

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 10:06 PM
Until tonight. You saw him calling everything and look what they did and to who. Next year pay those two as HC and asst HC

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure he has been calling plays all year. Their defense has been above average really. I daresay they weren't as good as we were last year to be honest.

confucius say
12-28-2019, 10:11 PM
pretty unreal that people think that we could lure away the highest OC in CFB from LSU. Brady is set to make $1.5MM next year, let's be real.

We could double that. Triple it really. Now so could LSU, but we put 15 million in the bank last year, so we theoretically could pay both he and joe 4 million easy and only put 10 million in the bank.

LSU only put 8 million in the bank by the way, fwiw.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

TheLostDawg
12-28-2019, 10:25 PM

Then you comment that you believe he's been calling games all year.
Are you drunk?

TheLostDawg
12-28-2019, 10:27 PM
If we let Moorhead go next year, hire Aranda and Brady and keep the coaches here that are doing good with the raise we should get from tv, give those two a couple years to get it going. We'd do some damage

yjnkdawg
12-29-2019, 12:55 AM
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure he has been calling plays all year. Their defense has been above average really. I daresay they weren't as good as we were last year to be honest.

Coach O said that when Brady came in that Ensminger would still be calling the plays, but Brady would be assisting. Coach O likes Ensminger, a former LSU QB, and said he would not take the play calling away from him. Actually tonight is the first time that Ensminger has not been the designated play caller, although Brady has had input in all their play calling.

Rex54
12-29-2019, 01:00 AM
Coach O said that when Brady came in that Ensminger would still be calling the plays, but Brady would be assisting. Coach O likes Ensminger, a former LSU QB, and said he would not take the play calling away from him. Actually tonight is the first time that Ensminger has not been the main play caller, although Brady has had input in all their play calling.

I'm not sure how much the circumstances surrounding Ensminger today affected their usual system, but every time they showed the two of them Brady was on the mic nonstop with Steve just sitting there.

Skydawg1
12-29-2019, 01:04 AM
Coach O said that when Brady came in that Ensminger would still be calling the plays, but Brady would be assisting. Coach O likes Ensminger, a former LSU QB, and said he would not take the play calling away from him. Actually tonight is the first time that Ensminger has not been the designated play caller, although Brady has had input in all their play calling.Good grief, it's simple. Brady draws up all the passing plays, and Emsfinger calls them. Dont forget he was also Les Miles OC. JOE Brady makes the offense tick. Too bad he gone.

yjnkdawg
12-29-2019, 01:10 AM
I'm not sure how much the circumstances surrounding Ensminger today affected their usual system, but every time they showed the two of them Brady was on the mic nonstop with Steve just sitting there.

I had changed main play caller to designated play caller. Designated is a more accurate word. If you asked Coach O who calls the plays, he would probably say Ensminger with Brady assisting him. That's not saying that Brady doesn't have a lot of input.

yjnkdawg
12-29-2019, 01:13 AM
Good grief, it's simple. Brady draws up all the passing plays, and Emsfinger calls them. Dont forget he was also Les Miles OC. JOE Brady makes the offense tick. Too bad he gone.

I know Brady implemented the new offense, has input in the play calls, and he works with Burrow too. I just said Ensminger is the designated play caller according to what Coach O said.

Todd4State
12-29-2019, 01:20 AM
Then you comment that you believe he's been calling games all year.
Are you drunk?

Where did I say that?

Todd4State
12-29-2019, 01:22 AM
I had changed main play caller to designated play caller. Designated is a more accurate word. If you asked Coach O who calls the plays, he would probably say Ensminger with Brady assisting him. That's not saying that Brady doesn't have a lot of input.

They probably have a set of plays for each situation. Brady tells Ensminger what their options are based on the situation and then Ensminger probably chooses one and then Burrow makes them all look good is probably how it typically goes down.

TheLostDawg
12-29-2019, 08:07 AM
They probably have a set of plays for each situation. Brady tells Ensminger what their options are based on the situation and then Ensminger probably chooses one and then Burrow makes them all look good is probably how it typically goes down.

However it may be, I really hope Moorhead gets it together it packs it up next year so we can have an offense again. That was fun to watch