PDA

View Full Version : There's no way we can lose the bowl game, but

HoopsDawg
12-28-2019, 06:27 PM
if we do, we should roll the dice and hire Joe Brady. This year is probably the only year we could hire him.

Rex54
12-28-2019, 06:29 PM
He ain't bringing the QB, OL, or WR

HoopsDawg
12-28-2019, 06:31 PM
He ain't bringing the QB, OL, or WR

I realize that. But these are the same players LSU had last year before Brady. Incredible improvement in one year.

HoopsDawg
12-28-2019, 06:33 PM
And Joe Brady wouldn't take us to the CFP but we would be a hell of a lot more fun to watch. And just maybe we could score against a competent defense.

Rex54
12-28-2019, 06:38 PM
With our recruiting options we would be more likely to see success with a Billy Napier offense.

HoopsDawg
12-28-2019, 07:33 PM
With our recruiting options we would be more likely to see success with a Billy Napier offense.

That's status quo thinking.

Gotta be honest, the more I watched Napier's offense, the less I loved it.

DogsofAnarchy
12-28-2019, 08:00 PM
You will not get a new coach until 2022. At the earliest.

Rex54
12-28-2019, 08:04 PM

Unless the offenses in Mississippi start coaching something vastly different it will be "status quo" for a while. We know what kind of offense we need to run. We've had lots of success with it very recently, it's called the power spread with a hoss at QB.

Coach34
12-28-2019, 08:05 PM

We go 5-7 with alot more empty seats- I think you are wrong. 6-6 again? No doubt- we will keep being M-State

Coach34
12-28-2019, 08:07 PM

Our recruiting footprint demands it. We will never have the skill people to slang it for 350 a game. OM paid a helluva lot of money and went on probation to get the WR's they got. It's dumb to try and be something this area isnt.

DownwardDawg
12-28-2019, 08:33 PM

You need to get away from that old school thinking and stop trying to get the board to join you. It’s tiring. We are hoping that we have moved beyond that and raised our expectations. Please stop.

DownwardDawg
12-28-2019, 08:34 PM
Napier or Hud offense with a stout D coordinator. That’s us.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 08:35 PM
Our recruiting footprint demands it. We will never have the skill people to slang it for 350 a game. OM paid a helluva lot of money and went on probation to get the WR's they got. It's dumb to try and be something this area isnt.

Would it be impossible for us to build relationships with a 5 star WR every 3 years and land 1? That doesn't seem so difficult and would make a huge difference for us.

Rex54
12-28-2019, 08:37 PM
Would it be impossible for us to build relationships with a 5 star WR every 3 years and land 1? That doesn't seem so difficult and would make a huge difference for us.

There's only 2-3 5* WR every year. They ain't coming here.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 08:41 PM
We go 5-7 with alot more empty seats- I think you are wrong. 6-6 again? No doubt- we will keep being M-State

Obviously winning the Egg Bowl matters. 6-6 with an Egg Bowl loss and I think he is gone.

He has pissed off so many boosters I'm not sure if he makes it past next year barring a special season.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 08:52 PM

There are three four star WR's in the 2021 class already including one who made the UA Future 50. We also have an UA All-American slot receiver in Tulu and Malik Heath was a former UA All-American himself. We're also likely getting/signing and placing Alex Adams who is a four star talent.

Compare that to:

Osirus Mitchell who was signed in April or May because our staff scrambled after realizing how devoid of talent we were because of their recruiting misses.
Stephen Guidry who is a complete prima donna head case who was a four star that started out at McNeese State for a reason despite his raw talent. Meaning even ULL, Tulane, and etc. passed on him.
Deddrick Thomas- Solid slot receiver who has made a lot of big catches for us over the years. He was a three star and that seems to be a reasonable evaluation if not a little low.

Ole Miss losing Jacob Peeler was a huge blow to them and could help us next year.

It's hard to attract WR's when your WR coach is lazy like Billy Gonzalez was.

I'm not sure about 5* WR's but this state has produced plenty of four star receivers recently. We also missed on guys like Omar Bayless, Jamarcus Bradley, and Jaylen Smith who are all Mississippians who are all better than Guidry and Osirus.

Coach34
12-28-2019, 08:59 PM
Would it be impossible for us to build relationships with a 5 star WR every 3 years and land 1? .

Yes. It aint happening. Our recruits are going to come from Mississippi plus we will get leftovers/diamonds from Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia. That is our footprint and what we are going to get.

TrapGame
12-28-2019, 09:22 PM
If we lose to Louisville Joe should be fired. Louisville is not good. That should be the last straw. If we lose there will probably be another kerfuffle like after the EB. And Joe may not come out smelling like a rose this time.

But, I'm calling my shot: We lose to Arkansas next season with a career OL coach Sam Pittman as a first year head coach, Barry Odom as DC and Kendall Briles as OC. Book it. If that happens what little support Joe has will evaporate like a drop of water in the Sahara.

And, yes, Napier runs an offense that is in our wheelhouse all day long. That's who we are and who we've always been. Find a deep threat to go with it and we'll have a chance to make a run for the West every three or four years.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 09:23 PM
Yes. It aint happening. Our recruits are going to come from Mississippi plus we will get leftovers/diamonds from Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia. That is our footprint and what we are going to get.

And it may become easier for us if Ole Miss starts to try to recruit nationally again like it looks like they are probably going to try to do. The difference is we won't have Dan Mullen's lazy ass country club worried more about their hand size going after players.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 09:25 PM
If we lose to Louisville Joe should be fired. Louisville is not good. That should be the last straw. If we lose there will probably be another kerfuffle like after the EB. And Joe may not come out smelling like a rose this time.

But, I'm calling my shot: We lose to Arkansas next season with a career OL coach Sam Pittman as a first year head coach, Barry Odom as DC and Kendall Briles as OC. Book it. If that happens what little support Joe has will evaporate like a drop of water in the Sahara.

And, yes, Napier runs an offense that is in our wheelhouse all day long. That's who we are and who we've always been. Find a deep threat to go with it and we'll have a chance to make a run for the West every three or four years.

I don't know about losing to Arkansas. It will be closer than the past two years sure because they have upgraded at OC/DC but at the same time I still think we win at home and it's early in the season- I think it's game three or four. They're still pretty devoid of talent. 4-8 would be an improvement and 6-6 is probably their ceiling.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 09:30 PM

You mean we can't identify a HS sophomore in Lousiana, MS, or Alabama with some sort of MSU connection and go all in on him at a young age?

Surely if we put our minds to it, we can find 1 5 star WR every 3 years. Just 1.

That doesn't seem impossible and would do wonders for our program. It would take booster organization to make it happen though.

TrapGame
12-28-2019, 09:33 PM
I don't know about losing to Arkansas. It will be closer than the past two years sure because they have upgraded at OC/DC but at the same time I still think we win at home and it's early in the season- I think it's game three or four. They're still pretty devoid of talent. 4-8 would be an improvement and 6-6 is probably their ceiling.

From what I've seen outta Moorhead for two seasons it wouldn't surprise me to let this game slip away. It's just too perfect. It's one of those games you'd think we come out and dominate a first year staff devoid of talent but then Joe Moorhead happens. Just like K State.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 09:36 PM
You mean we can't identify a HS sophomore in Lousiana, MS, or Alabama with some sort of MSU connection and go all in on him at a young age?

Surely if we put our minds to it, we can find 1 5 star WR every 3 years. Just 1.

That doesn't seem impossible and would do wonders for our program. It would take booster organization to make it happen though.

I think honestly again- it's more of an effort issue on the part of our past coaches. We didn't seem to try very hard for Derrick Brown. Then again- that's the same class where we dropped the ball on AJ Brown and Scott Lashley too so why should we expect that group of coaches to go hard after a guy from Georgia? The misses in that class have cost us VERY dearly the past 2-3 years.

If anything we're WAY too rigid with our recruiting in the past at least. I think we will try to get Chas Chambliss from Georgia next year- he's a 4* recruit with some ties to MSU. May or may not get him because he will have a lot of offers but it won't be for a lack of effort.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 09:42 PM
From what I've seen outta Moorhead for two seasons it wouldn't surprise me to let this game slip away. It's just too perfect. It's one of those games you'd think we come out and dominate a first year staff devoid of talent but then Joe Moorhead happens. Just like K State.

I think we probably will come out slowly- I'm not sure what or why we have done this all year on offense. Probably get it going and put some points on the board. The defense with the Tutor Gate players has been respectable and what I expected out of them to start the year. With the Tutor Gate players we consistently allow around 21 PPG.

My biggest concern is Tommy Stevens. Ever since he has gotten hurt it seems like he moves in slow motion. I wonder if the coaches told him to not run as much and that's made him think too much. Doesn't matter if we play Logan Burnett though- we're going to ride Kylin and Gibson during this game. I bet even Logan Burnett could get 20-30 yards on designed runs for us if we decided to go that route. The best way for us to lose this game is to turn the ball over and that's what Turnover Tommy does too much of.

And I'm expecting at least one special teams mistake that is utterly ridiculous.

We probably end up winning though.

Rex54
12-28-2019, 09:42 PM

Again. There's only four 5* WR nationwide each year. So 12 every 3 years... we aren't getting one.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 09:44 PM
Again. There's only four 5* WR nationwide each year. So 12 every 3 years... we aren't getting one.

Yep. 5 star players are rare in Mississippi. Like Jeffrey Simmons, Charles Cross, and Chris Jones I think were the most recent. They're essentially "generational" talents and aren't common for us. Four stars are what we need to be focusing on in state.

Coach34
12-28-2019, 09:50 PM

not happening. Our money is made with unknowns developing into playmakers.

MedDawg
12-28-2019, 10:13 PM
There's only 2-3 5* WR every year. They ain't coming here.

Haven't we signed the #1 WR out of JUCO for 3 or 4 years in a row?

HoopsDawg
12-28-2019, 10:19 PM
Definitely enough WR talent in MS to find 3 guys in a 4 year cycle.

DK Metcalf and AJ Brown would have been unreal in a Joe Brady offense. Mingo is good enough.

Rex54
12-28-2019, 10:41 PM
Haven't we signed the #1 WR out of JUCO for 3 or 4 years in a row?

Gun was talking 5 stars

SPMT
12-28-2019, 10:47 PM
yep

SPMT
12-28-2019, 10:53 PM

This is how I see it. I hate it but it's the truth. I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Ari Gold
12-29-2019, 08:31 AM
It’s more about the QB and coaching than WR ..

LSU has one or 2 big time NFL WRs every year . And you see what happened this year with the right Qb and right coaching... Yes we need to upgrade the WR position but we haven’t had a WR make it to the league with a productive pro career since Moulds .

The goal here should be 8-4 every year, be competitive in the games you lose, and beat OM.. anything north of that is gravy...

BhamDawg205
12-29-2019, 09:02 AM

Heck Joe can go talk to coach Chambers at West Point... They just won their 4th championship in a row. Joe blends RPO concept with a power running attack.

Jarius
12-29-2019, 09:02 AM
I realize that. But these are the same players LSU had last year before Brady. Incredible improvement in one year.

That is an indictment on their previous scheme(s). If Joe Moorhead was their coach we would all be praising him instead of Brady right now because they have 5 stars everywhere. We need better talent at the skill positions or we are going to continue to look like we look. It is that simple.

Dawgfan77
12-29-2019, 09:36 AM
Let me tell y?all why I think we lose
1. Joevester
2. Saterfield is a hell of a coach
3. They will try and take away the run because they know we can?t throw it consistently
4. We have infighting and no discipline
5. Joe. Moorehead

timotheus
12-29-2019, 10:13 AM
very possible

HoopsDawg
12-29-2019, 10:39 AM
Let me tell y?all why I think we lose
1. Joevester
2. Saterfield is a hell of a coach
3. They will try and take away the run because they know we can?t throw it consistently
4. We have infighting and no discipline
5. Joe. Moorehead

They knew UK was running every play and they couldn't stop them. Only way we lose is Moorehead.

Dawgfan77
12-29-2019, 10:41 AM
They knew UK was running every play and they couldn't stop them. Only way we lose is Moorehead.
Stoops is a better coach than SloMo

Rex54
12-29-2019, 10:47 AM
Only way we lose is Moorehead.

Just like Florida, Kentucky, Iowa, Kansas State, Tennessee...

RougeDawg
12-29-2019, 11:24 AM
Stoops is a better coach than SloMo

Almost every college coach in Mississippi, any division, is better than SloMo. They could have all slept walked through 2018 to 10 wins. The 2018 was a special season for all the wrong reasons.

Dawgology
12-29-2019, 11:51 AM
There is ALWAYS a way for JoMo to lose a game. Always