PDA

View Full Version : Quay arrested per Ben Wait

elitedawgs
10-30-2013, 05:21 PM
on twitter

County Jail confirms that MSU football player Quay Evans was arrested on campus for suspicion of no DL, disregarding traffic control device.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2013, 05:22 PM
on twitter

County Jail confirms that MSU football player Quay Evans was arrested on campus for suspicion of no DL, disregarding traffic control device.

Damn. Could be worse though. Is that a serious offense?

TheRef
10-30-2013, 05:23 PM
on twitter

Probably ran a stop sign/stop light and didn't have his DL with him....THIS is what the next Sidney looks like.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Shit, I just heard more breaking news...

Due to Quay's arrest, Bracky is self imposing a bowl ban and Redmond is getting 5 more games*

TheRef
10-30-2013, 05:29 PM

Due to Quay's arrest, Bracky is self imposing a bowl ban and Redmond is getting 20 more games*

Fixed it for you, bud.

starkvegasdawg
10-30-2013, 05:31 PM

Due to Quay's arrest, Bracky is self imposing a bowl ban and Redmond is getting 5 more games*

And I'm sure if we are not bowl eligible this year he will carry the ban over to next year.

Drugdog
10-30-2013, 05:50 PM
No Quay and no Nikoe, our D should be improved this week.
Any way to get Bell to ride around Starkville this week?

engie
10-30-2013, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't expect Quay to be suspended for this -- assuming he's got an actual license...

Political Hack
10-30-2013, 05:54 PM
they shouldn't suspend him for this after he's just busted his butt to get back.

hacker
10-30-2013, 05:57 PM
dumb

hacker
10-30-2013, 05:59 PM
need to get our cops pulling in the same direction**

Radddawg
10-30-2013, 06:00 PM
And I'm sure if we are not bowl eligible this year he will carry the ban over to next year.

We'll be bowl eligible the Saturday before Thanksgiving

Coach34
10-30-2013, 06:05 PM
When did they start taking you to jail for driving without your license? Used to just be a ticket

bulldawg28
10-30-2013, 06:09 PM

Wish I could high five you.

TheRef
10-30-2013, 06:12 PM
When did they start taking you to jail for driving without your license? Used to just be a ticket

He probably mouthed off to the cop. MSU PD don't 17 around.

chef dixon
10-30-2013, 06:16 PM
1.5 seasons and only significant playing time is against SWAC schools... I think the promise is running dry.

BoomBoom

probably to run prints then release if they come back clean. i'd be surprised if they make you bail out for that.

preachermatt83
so a player gets locked up for running a stop sign and not having his license on him. that is just stupid. Underage drinking running rampant on college campuses across America and we are more worried about making sure these hardened criminal traffic violators are off the streets. stupid.

Okrastar1
10-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Everyone's thinking what a thug, hell I ran a stop sign this afternoon. Glad this is the worst news we have gotten in a while(other than Bell starting this weekend)!

Political Hack
10-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Can we arrest Ben Wait for not stopping a story about a guy running a stop sign?

Seriously, who the hell tipped off Wait that Quay got popped for running a stop sign? This is just bush league crap. We'd never sniff this kind of stuff coming out of Oxford. Freaking pathetic. Are they trying to run him off???

Homedawg
10-30-2013, 06:30 PM
so a player gets locked up for running a stop sign and not having his license on him. that is just stupid. Underage drinking running rampant on college campuses across America and we are more worried about making sure these hardened criminal traffic violators are off the streets. stupid.

Why don't we try something new- like get the facts before we start assuming stuff. And that's for the good of quay and the cops involved.

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2013, 07:03 PM
When I was in school, my friend knew a Starkville cop. At the time the cops Hated MSU football players. I know Mullen has improved the relationship.

hells bells
10-30-2013, 07:06 PM
When I was in school, my friend knew a Starkville cop. At the time the cops Hated MSU football players. I know Mullen has improved the relationship.

Innocent until proven guilty. The cop probably asked Quay why he pulled him over. Quay answered, "because you did not graduate high school". Suit him up and tell him to kick some ass.

Will James
10-30-2013, 07:12 PM
I think "arrest" just means citation. They list "student arrested for speeding" in the reflector.

If he went downtown its dumb. It's dumb either way actually.

Schultzy
10-30-2013, 07:13 PM

I got a speeding ticket earlier this year and had left my wallet at home. The cop told me they were mandated to arrest anyone without a license on their person but let me go with just a ticket because I wasn't complaining and stuff.

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 07:56 PM
I got a speeding ticket earlier this year and had left my wallet at home. The cop told me they were mandated to arrest anyone without a license on their person but let me go with just a ticket because I wasn't complaining and stuff.

This, to my understanding is what they are supposed to do. You're not supposed to drive without a license, so it doesn't make sense to let someone go back to driving when they know that person doesn't have one. I have heard of this happening to people before, and I don't really know if they technically "arrest" you as much as they take you back to the police station to call someone with a license to pick you up to either take you home and get yours or bring your license to you. And I guess you pay a fine too or whatever.

Either way, it's not really a big deal.

I saw this happen to a teenage girl in Madison and all they did was wait there until her parents brought her license to her and then I think they gave her a ticket and that was the end of it so long as she pays it.

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Can we arrest Ben Wait for not stopping a story about a guy running a stop sign?

Seriously, who the hell tipped off Wait that Quay got popped for running a stop sign? This is just bush league crap. We'd never sniff this kind of stuff coming out of Oxford. Freaking pathetic. Are they trying to run him off???

You're 100% right about this. If I was Dan, I would tear Ben's ass a new one during the next press conference and then have the University revoke his media credentials. He doesn't really need credentials anyway if all he is going to do is rummage through the Reflector police blotter looking for traffic citations from football players.

Coach34
10-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Hearing Quay just had an unpaid ticket also or some crap- no big deal here

Statefan
10-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Quay gets stopped for not having his license and gets arrested and his mug shot is all over twitter? Typical

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 08:14 PM
The MSU media is blowing this way out of proportion. Someone needs to have a come to Jesus with all of them during the next press conference.

Bo Darville
10-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Quay has been arrested twice in the last 3 months. This isn't a cop or media problem. Quay needs to grow up. It is a Quay problem. Period.

BeastMan
10-30-2013, 08:22 PM
My best guess is that since it was on campus, folks saw it and Wait caught wind and then called the cops to verify the arrest. That's the difference in MSU and OM. They didn't run Burnetti's arrest until they had to when he went to court. It was common knowledge. I would give my left nut to be the SID.

Political Hack
10-30-2013, 08:25 PM
My best guess is that since it was on campus, folks saw it and Wait caught wind and then called the cops to verify the arrest. That's the difference in MSU and OM. They didn't run Burnetti's arrest until they had to when he went to court. It was common knowledge. I would give my left nut to be the SID.

I'd give my right one for you to be SID... and I've never even met you.

theloungeinleft
10-30-2013, 08:34 PM
He probably mouthed off to the cop. MSU PD don't 17 around.

Yeah, I'm sure that's EXACTLY it..

Oxfordawg
10-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Habitual traffic violator. Oh the humanity!!! Let's smeer this kids mugshot all over twitter like he was a serial rapist, drug dealer, had multiple controlled substances, or beat a kid so badly it permanently damages his face. Wait this all happened somewhere else and all conveniently disappeared like a fart in the wind.

FlabLoser
10-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Who is Ben Wait and why is he trying to out do Matt Stevens?

preachermatt83
10-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Quay has been arrested twice in the last 3 months. This isn't a cop or media problem. Quay needs to grow up. It is a Quay problem. Period.

this is not true.

preachermatt83
10-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Habitual traffic violator. Oh the humanity!!! Let's smeer this kids mugshot all over twitter like he was a serial rapist, drug dealer, had multiple controlled substances, or beat a kid so badly it permanently damages his face. Wait this all happened somewhere else and all conveniently disappeared like a fart in the wind.

exactly

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 08:51 PM

It sounds like Quay's problem is he needs to carry his driver's license around with him and learn how to drive. I guess that means that every woman has to grow up too.

Bo Darville
10-30-2013, 08:52 PM
this is not true.

I apologize if I'm wrong. A reliable source said he was arrested in August.

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Who is Ben Wait and why is he trying to out do Matt Stevens?

He's the beat writer for the Starkville Daily News and per twitter he does something with Bulldog Sports Radio.

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 08:55 PM
I apologize if I'm wrong. A reliable source said he was arrested in August.

They were probably talking about the traffic violation he got in August. Apparently getting a ticket is the same as being arrested nowadays.

Bo Darville
10-30-2013, 08:58 PM
They were probably talking about the traffic violation he got in August. Apparently getting a ticket is the same as being arrested nowadays.

I could be wrong. Just posting what I was told. Apologies if I got bad info.

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 09:11 PM
I could be wrong. Just posting what I was told. Apologies if I got bad info.

No problems. I was being more sarcastic towards the media than anything.

Political Hack
10-30-2013, 09:16 PM
that fact his mugshot got out this quickly is complete and total BS, especially considering it's a TRAFFIC VIOLATION!!!! unreal.

Coach34
10-30-2013, 09:21 PM
aGAIN-

Quay hasnt been constantly getting arrested- this is much ado about nothing. You can call him a dumbass for not paying a previous ticket or not having a license with him- but he's not some thug for getting a damn citation.

The problem is our guy gets a ticket- and his mugshot is all over the place. OM has players with coke and all kinds of drugs- and nothing gets reported until weeks later. Once aGAIN, it's shit like this as to why we dont recruit and get things done like they do. They are better than us at this shit and it's not even close.

bluelightstar
10-30-2013, 09:27 PM
I would love to work in our AD after graduating from law school. Geez.

messageboardsuperhero
10-30-2013, 09:28 PM
aGAIN-

Quay hasnt been constantly getting arrested- this is much ado about nothing. You can call him a dumbass for not paying a previous ticket or not having a license with him- but he's not some thug for getting a damn citation.

The problem is our guy gets a ticket- and his mugshot is all over the place. OM has players with coke and all kinds of drugs- and nothing gets reported until weeks later. Once aGAIN, it's shit like this as to why we dont recruit and get things done like they do. They are better than us at this shit and it's not even close.

I was about to say, UM had multiple players arrested for drugs this spring and they covered it up until a week after media days (impeccable timing, huh?).

We have one player get a glorified traffic citation, and his mugshot is on the internet in hours.

They handle this shit so much better that it's embarrassing.

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 09:32 PM
I haven't even seen a mugshot of Quay- it's just his MSU picture from the athletic web site I think.

I don't even think they take a mugshot for not having a driver's license.

FlabLoser
10-30-2013, 09:33 PM
that fact his mugshot got out this quickly is complete and total BS, especially considering it's a TRAFFIC VIOLATION!!!! unreal.

Bulldog Sports Radio canned Beastman for being too volitile towards MSU. Wonder if they'll can Ben Wait.

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 09:37 PM
aGAIN-

You are correct- and this is all solved very easily by the University taking some credentials away.

Here's how MSU needs to handle it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g64Ae58SvEk

The Post-Dispatch issued an apology a day later after this incident.

messageboardsuperhero
10-30-2013, 09:37 PM
I haven't even seen a mugshot of Quay- it's just his MSU picture from the athletic web site I think.

Let me clarify: I haven't seen the mugshot, but IF it is out there, this is a horribly handled situation.

Political Hack
10-30-2013, 09:41 PM

I'v seen it already... it's out and will be in the paper tomorrow. I don't know if it's on twitter or anything bough.

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Let me clarify: I haven't seen the mugshot, but IF it is out there, this is a horribly handled situation.

Well, I think it's up to MSU to handle the situation now. And by handled- I mean the media, not Quay. And if MSU doesn't rip their ass a new one, I'll be very disappointed.

Fans on twitter have been bashing the media and we're already starting to see some "clarification".

preachermatt83
10-30-2013, 09:47 PM
aGAIN-

"I don't always agree with coach, but when I do, it's bc he says things that NAIL IT!!"
"keep speaking my friend"
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rNMOlewSvvM/TBjFY0k3E_I/AAAAAAAAFFQ/8J8aKt6e79Q/s1600/most.jpg

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 09:48 PM
I'v seen it already... it's out and will be in the paper tomorrow. I don't know if it's on twitter or anything bough.

Well, the reason I didn't know was because I've never been "arrested" for not having my driver's license. I looked on the Internet and didn't see a mugshot for Quay or anything.

Oxfordawg
10-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Bonner put it on twitter

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Bonner put it on twitter

I see it now. Thanks.

messageboardsuperhero
10-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Well, I think it's up to MSU to handle the situation now. And by handled- I mean the media, not Quay. And if MSU doesn't rip their ass a new one, I'll be very disappointed.

Fans on twitter have been bashing the media and we're already starting to see some "clarification".

I'd love it if they did, but after bending over and taking the Mustang incident up the ass from Stevens last year, I have absolutely no faith in our PR/Athletic Department to do anything about this. We should not put up with this shit.

Political Hack
10-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Bonner put it on twitter

and there you have it... in an orange fusneinfi jump suit over a traffic violation???? Heads need to roll.

preachermatt83
10-30-2013, 09:59 PM
why do all of state's beat writers do stupid things like this

Oxfordawg
10-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Hell Aaron Hernandez mugshot didn't make it to twitter that fast. This is pitiful media very unjustified on the kids part. I could see a DUI being a story but no DL?Seriously???

messageboardsuperhero
10-30-2013, 10:01 PM
The guy ran a damn stop sign and forgot his license... You'd think he committed murder by the way OUR OWN MEDIA are treating this.

jalakin
10-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Actually it wasn't over running a stop sign. Apparently it was for
removing or attempting to remove a boot from his car. Not exactly the brightest move in the world.

Political Hack
10-30-2013, 10:13 PM
either way it's a traffic issue... to get a guy dressed up in an orange jumpsuit, take his mugshot, let him sit in jail for 2.5 hours, leak the mugshot, and hit the press... all out of OUR CAMPUS POLICE DEPARTMENT is garbage.

Coach34
10-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Our people make it hard to root for us sometime

I just got sent footage of the cops chasing Quay today-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9nr27rOrL0

preachermatt83
10-30-2013, 10:15 PM
either way it's a traffic issue... to get a guy dressed up in an orange jumpsuit, take his mugshot, let him sit in jail for 2.5 hours, leak the mugshot, and hit the press... all out of OUR CAMPUS POLICE DEPARTMENT is garbage.

+1000

I seen it dawg
10-30-2013, 10:15 PM
We are MState

hacker
10-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Because of this arrest, our own CroomDiaries is on twitter proclaiming that Quay and Nick aren't working out. Sigh. Why can't we ever get things right?

messageboardsuperhero
10-30-2013, 10:34 PM

Exactly. It's our own ****ing campus police department and hometown newspaper. I mean, my God.

We've all had traffic issues at some point in our lives, but nobody gets taken down to the station for it. Our people need to start showing our players some respect or nobody will want to come play here. UM let's their players get away with drug use and gay slurs, but we crucify a guy for basically getting a ticket. Pathetic.

Todd4State
10-30-2013, 10:41 PM
why do all of state's beat writers do stupid things like this

Because the University lets them get away with it. If MSU would put their foot down, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen.

FlabLoser
10-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Wonder if it was a cop with a power complex.

Back in the day...back in Thick's day, fans used to throw stuff when we scored - plastic cups or ticker tapes. I was in high school and visiting MSU. Went to a football game. Sat in student section. We score, I throw a plastic cup way up in the air. I feel a tap on my shoulder. Campus security (they weren't police back then) hauls me over to the top row and makes me sit there the rest of my game. He took my driver's license and talked shit. Just flexed his power for a bit. It happens.

OldFatDog
10-30-2013, 11:30 PM
removing or attempting to remove a boot from his car. Not exactly the brightest move in the world.

Is "removing or attempting to remove a boot from his car" an euphemism?

FlabLoser
10-30-2013, 11:45 PM
It won't come to this - but I wonder if the boot-on-a-car has been tested in court. What gives our government the right to seize or disable a car due to unpaid tickets? Keep in mind a ticket is just an accusation by the state.

Dawg61
10-31-2013, 12:46 AM

How do you get arrested for not having your DL when you have a BOOT ON YOUR CAR?! You can't ****ing drive your car. Since when do you need your DL when you're standing outside your car looking pissed cause the traffic cop put a boot on your car? This is worse than getting a DUI on a horse.

NOT_MSUCompliance
10-31-2013, 06:12 AM
An accusation the accused had an opportunity to refute, but must have waived when he didn't appear to contest or pay the fine. Thus, the boot.

AROB44
10-31-2013, 08:05 AM
Maybe this kind of shit can explain Mullen's demeanor. He knows that he is fighting a losing battle at MSU. Hence.....his lack of "fire".

HancockCountyDog
10-31-2013, 08:12 AM
Because of this arrest, our own CroomDiaries is on twitter proclaiming that Quay and Nick aren't working out. Sigh. Why can't we ever get things right?

Well so far in the first two years, its hard to argue that they have done much of anything. Its pretty rare for a player to start making a major impact when their impact in their first two years is basically nothing.

Dawg61
10-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Maybe this kind of shit can explain Mullen's demeanor. He knows that he is fighting a losing battle at MSU. Hence.....his lack of "fire".

He's definitely butthurt about something and just like a woman he won't say what

smootness
10-31-2013, 08:16 AM
How do you get arrested for not having your DL when you have a BOOT ON YOUR CAR?! You can't ****ing drive your car. Since when do you need your DL when you're standing outside your car looking pissed cause the traffic cop put a boot on your car? This is worse than getting a DUI on a horse.

My guess is that he actually did remove the boot, or just tried to drive with it on there (unlikely, but it actually has been attempted by people) and also didn't have his license. So he got pulled over, they learned he didn't pay to have his boot removed and he didn't have his DL.

Again, that's just a guess. And yes, removing a boot is a little more serious than running a stop sign. I'm not disagreeing with anyone on here about the way it was handled, but I'm not surprised they took him to the police station if that's the case.

I had a boot put on my car a few times in college, and I knew it would be the dumbest thing I could do to try to remove it.

Dawg61
10-31-2013, 08:22 AM
If he tried to remove or drive with a boot on his car while not having his DL he is the dumbest human alive. Punishment should be to play OL vs USC and "fight" Clowney for the entire game.

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-31-2013, 08:24 AM
There was no boot. That is BS.

hacker
10-31-2013, 08:25 AM
Where did this boot stuff come from? Wasn't it confirmed that he didn't stop at a stop sign?

CJDAWG85
10-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Bottom line is this is no more than a traffic violation and it's getting more attention than Sawyer's or Brunetti's run in with the law.

Bo Darville
10-31-2013, 08:32 AM
I agree we have a problem. Why do simple things like this get in the media while Ole Miss's arrests take forever to hit the media? Something is wrong and I'm in agreement that we need to do a much better job of controlling our message.

On the other hand, why didn't Quay have his license? It's not hard to carry your license when you drive. If a boot was involved, how many tickets did he have? If you park in a designated parking space you never get a ticket. Why was this an issue? If he got tickets, why did he not just pay them? Sounds like he is terribly irresponsible. That is 100% on Quay. 100%.

On another hand, do you really get arrested for rolling through a stop sign and not having a license? A ticket would make sense and would be justified, but an arrest for that seems way overboard.

CJDAWG85
10-31-2013, 08:43 AM
It's pretty easy to jump in the car and run to a friend's house real quick and not bring your wallet... I've done it several times... But yeah you should always have your license when you get behind the wheel

jalakin
10-31-2013, 10:03 AM
The boot on the car was from David Murray. That is the "traffic device" mentioned in all the reporting, even the clarion ledger mentions it:
"Evans, 21, ran a stop sign at around 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. He could not produce a license. Police then arrest Evans for driving without a license and disregarding a traffic control device. He has since been released."

Political Hack
10-31-2013, 10:17 AM
this is stupid... we should just ignore it and move on. It's a non-issue other than being one more example of the God awful management of our Ath dept.

yesterday's news, but if he doesn't make the trip over this I think people are going to be PISSED.

Westdawg
10-31-2013, 10:50 AM
this is stupid... we should just ignore it and move on. It's a non-issue other than being one more example of the God awful management of our Ath dept.

yesterday's news, but if he doesn't make the trip over this I think people are going to be PISSED.

agreed. This needs to be handled by our P R E S I D E N T.....he needs to make a call and tell Ben Wait and Michael Bonner, along with whoever else has MSU media credentials that got in on this "who can break a story of ANY KIND first so that ppl will view my page more than yours" and in a very nonchalant, calm manner let them know that those media credentials that they so desperately cling to are no longer valid.
There comes a time when administration needs to put their foot on the throats of those who are doing damage to their company/school/livelihood and tear them a new one.
The school I am at right now will not allow ppl who have said damaging things about our school, and particularly students, whether it is academically, athletics, or other....they will yank their access card in a heartbeat. Yes, there are times when bad things happen, but it is all in what is said, how it is said, and the message as a whole that is being sent that are called into question.
The ADMINISTRATION of MSU needs to clean house at the end of this year. They need to have some very back-room/closed door conversations with editors and owners of the print media in this state and say " you are gonna work with us, or you can watch the D*** game at home".
And don't say they can't, because I know that other universities do this. Yes, you can report things that happen, but this case in point is an example of utter stupidity on the part of Ben and Michael.

engie
10-31-2013, 10:53 AM
The boot on the car was from David Murray. That is the "traffic device" mentioned in all the reporting, even the clarion ledger mentions it:
"Evans, 21, ran a stop sign at around 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. He could not produce a license. Police then arrest Evans for driving without a license and disregarding a traffic control device. He has since been released."

A boot that prevents a car from moving at all is not, in any way, a "traffic control device". And there is NO WAY to "disregard" it and go drive around.

A traffic control device = stop sign.

Westdawg
10-31-2013, 10:53 AM
The second thing our PRESIDENT needs to do is have a private conversation with the head of the Campus Police. If Quay was arrested by MSU PD, then there is an obvious leak in that department for this to have gotten out that fast. It could be a work study kid compiling ticket data or scrubbing floors, but somebody needs to be "re-assigned" to patrolling the Porta-John trailers for the rest of the season, or sent packing.

Political Hack
10-31-2013, 10:55 AM
I like this guy...

archdog
10-31-2013, 11:09 AM

Why do they even give you a ticket? If you actually have a drivers license that is current, the police officer should be able to pull it up in his car. I thought the technology allowed us to do this?

Starting a "FREE QUAY!" post would be clutch. Not for the arrest, but for the playtime.

hacker
10-31-2013, 11:18 AM

The STOP SIGN is the traffic control device.

maroonmania
10-31-2013, 11:26 AM
With friends like we have in the media (and apparently in the campus PD) who needs enemies. We are so incompetent in controlling the factors around our athletic department that sometimes I'm amazed we ever succeed in any sport.