PDA

View Full Version : LSU vs Clemson - Peach Bowl

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 03:49 PM
Just a reminder:

Oklahoma plays a trash schedule year in & year out.

There is no blue blood that has a more undeserved place in college football.

Today should make Oklahoma 0-4 in semi-final games.

Scared_Hitless
12-28-2019, 04:01 PM
LSU- 48
OU - 27

Close first half LSU D adjusts and they pull away more excited for Clemson tonight.

Maroonthirteen
12-28-2019, 04:19 PM
Got cash on LSU -13. Come on tigers. Fund my trip
To Nashville

TUSK
12-28-2019, 04:26 PM
Just a reminder:

Oklahoma plays a trash schedule year in & year out.

There is no blue blood that has a more undeserved place in college football.

Today should make Oklahoma 0-4 in semi-final games.

I'm with you on this... Okie may have "deserved" a CFP bid, but they certainly aren't one of the 4 best teams, IMO....

Scared_Hitless
12-28-2019, 04:27 PM
Gonna be a long day for that Sooner D.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 04:32 PM
I'm with you on this... Okie may have "deserved" a CFP bid, but they certainly aren't one of the 4 best teams, IMO....

They never are. Much of their history is based on a free pass.

I think they are about equal to Auburn in terms of team quality & program quality

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 04:33 PM
If we had an 8-16 team playoff, I don't think Oklahoma would make the final 4 very often at all

TUSK
12-28-2019, 04:34 PM
They never are. Much of their history is based on a free pass.

I think they are about equal to Auburn in terms of team quality & program quality

If you were on the CFP Committee, who would ya replace Okie with, this year?

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 04:34 PM
Why isn't Emery a bigger part of LSU's offense?

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 04:36 PM
If you were on the CFP Committee, who would ya replace Okie with, this year?

If we are going off of "who are the best teams" and ignoring resume?

Georgia, Oregon, Wisconsin, Florida, Auburn, & Alabama are all better teams.

Oklahoma is about on the level of Michigan & ND as far as quality

Jack Lambert
12-28-2019, 04:37 PM
LSU wins but I have to live around them so I really hope there can be an upset.

Quaoarsking
12-28-2019, 04:44 PM
The entirety of college football needs to be reformed and standardized. We all know that Oklahoma isn't close to one of the 4 best teams, but there was just no way to keep them out this year.

And their strategy of just poaching other school's QBs rather than recruiting and developing their own is weak as shit.

Cooterpoot
12-28-2019, 04:59 PM
Some damn pitiful officiating going on.

Quaoarsking
12-28-2019, 05:00 PM

Absolutely disgraceful. They've got to automate officiating away with motion-capture technology.

bobtail bob
12-28-2019, 05:06 PM
The fix has clearly in all season for LSU.Faking injuries instead of calling timeouts, pass interference, lining up in the neautral zone. That Florida game turned on a holding call that was a phantom one. I keep waiting for karma to catch up with them

RougeDawg
12-28-2019, 05:21 PM

Officiating in just about every sport, amateur and professional, is atrocious. Hardly ever any accountability. MLB is probably the most strict when grading the umpires. Basketball has to be the worst. If you are a big named player, you can play football on a basketball court. Unknown or Rookie, you cannot even breath on an opponent. Football is a very close 2nd.

RougeDawg
12-28-2019, 05:27 PM
I wonder if Oklahoma is smart enough to start doubling Justin Jefferson?

RocketDawg
12-28-2019, 05:32 PM
It's become a blowout, and it very well could be a 5 hour game.

HailStateSZN19
12-28-2019, 05:35 PM
Absolutely crazy on Justin Jefferson. Was a 2-star recruit from Destrehan that Coach O took a late shot on. Showed up to campus at like 170 lbs. He’s now got 9 catches for 186 yards and 4 TD’s and had a ridiculous year this year and will be a 1st round draft pick.

Scared_Hitless
12-28-2019, 05:37 PM
Absolutely crazy on Justin Jefferson. Was a 2-star recruit from Destrehan that Coach O took a late shot on. Showed up to campus at like 170 lbs. He’s now got 9 catches for 186 yards and 4 TD’s and had a ridiculous year this year and will be a 1st round draft pick.

Bet he was a baller in high school though. We let alot of these recruits leave MS. Go get Rufus Harvey

MaroonFlounder
12-28-2019, 05:39 PM
Damn Corndogs gonna be even more unbearable. Shit.

NCDawg
12-28-2019, 05:40 PM
LSU has a good OL-giving Burrow plenty of time to throw. Plus, with excellent W/R's and good RB's , they are pretty hard to stop.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Today is an enormous advertisement for decreased scholarships. The gap is simply too large.

bulldawg28
12-28-2019, 05:43 PM
Absolutely crazy on Justin Jefferson. Was a 2-star recruit from Destrehan that Coach O took a late shot on. Showed up to campus at like 170 lbs. He?s now got 9 catches for 186 yards and 4 TD?s and had a ridiculous year this year and will be a 1st round draft pick.

His brothers played at LSU prior. They were aware of the talent he has.

starkvegasdawg
12-28-2019, 05:43 PM

Best team sick kids can buy.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-28-2019, 05:49 PM
I think I'm pretty safe in saying that the #4 team in America would be the #3 team in the SEC West, at best. Thus, not being anywhere near the #3 team in America.

MaroonFlounder
12-28-2019, 05:55 PM
In the future, the CFP format should take the 4 best NON SEC teams in college football to battle it out in a 4-team format to determine a team that will then take on the winner of the SEC championship game for the national title.

This matchup is a joke

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 05:57 PM
I think I'm pretty safe in saying that the #4 team in America would be the #3 team in the SEC West, at best. Thus, not being anywhere near the #3 team in America.

Auburn may actually be the 4th best team.

RougeDawg
12-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Today is an enormous advertisement for decreased scholarships. The gap is simply too large.

If we could just compile a group of receivers that could catch a cold, we could compete with just about anyone. For some reason we have guys that would have a difficult time cracking the starting lineups of G5 teams.

Rex54
12-28-2019, 05:58 PM
LSU has to sit their main secondary guys in the 2nd half right? Can't risk a targeting. Edwards-Hillare certainly can't play another down and I bet most of the WR and Burrow don't last much longer.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 06:00 PM
If we could just compile a group of receivers that could catch a cold, we could compete with just about anyone. For some reason we have guys that would have a difficult time cracking the starting lineups of G5 teams.

Absolutely. MSU is a top 20-25 program that is masked as being irrelevant due to the neighborhood we live in.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 06:01 PM

If MSU would go out and buy a 5 WR every other year, we'd be really competitive. Until we do that, we can't compete vs the top teams.

Maroonthirteen
12-28-2019, 06:10 PM
JoMo > Lincoln Riley. Check common opponents. Hahahaha.

It's a suite and room service for Nashville. Geaux Corndogs.

Quaoarsking
12-28-2019, 06:11 PM

Instead of decreasing scholarships for everyone, what about:

If you make the CFP, you get 3 fewer scholarships in the next recruiting class. If you win it, it's 6 fewer.

That way, we don't prevent thousands of people from getting an education, just 15. The powerful stay powerful, but it's a lot harder to put dynasties together.

Skydawg1
12-28-2019, 06:15 PM
The fix has clearly in all season for LSU.Faking injuries instead of calling timeouts, pass interference, lining up in the neautral zone. That Florida game turned on a holding call that was a phantom one. I keep waiting for karma to catch up with themKarma lives in the DOME.

msstate7
12-28-2019, 06:15 PM
JoMo > Lincoln Riley. Check common opponents. Hahahaha.

It's a suite and room service for Nashville. Geaux Corndogs.

Why in the world would a state fan pull for LSU?

Rex54
12-28-2019, 06:16 PM
Instead of decreasing scholarships for everyone, what about:

If you make the CFP, you get 3 fewer scholarships in the next recruiting class. If you win it, it's 6 fewer.

That way, we don't prevent thousands of people from getting an education, just 15. The powerful stay powerful, but it's a lot harder to put dynasties together.

Why don't we just take them away from football and allow them in other sports of the university's choice. We can roll up in baseball, others can pursue swimming, tennis, lacrosse, whatever they want.

RocketDawg
12-28-2019, 06:16 PM

All I can say, at least it's not Alabama. Of course, I don't live near Louisiana so don't have to put up with what you do.

I agree. Should be able to play just fine with 70 or 75 "scholarships" (it has nothing to do with being scholarly). And as you say, doing that could force them to spread the wealth a bit and have some more parity.

Skydawg1
12-28-2019, 06:17 PM
Best team sick kids can buy.A cesspool that large will eventually destroy itself. ....right?

Offshore Dawg
12-28-2019, 06:18 PM
Best team sick kids can buy.

Have to remember, the entire state of Louisiana is all in for LSU in everything from state government to finances.

Jack Lambert
12-28-2019, 06:18 PM
At what point does LSU pull starters?

Scared_Hitless
12-28-2019, 06:20 PM
Lincoln Riley looking like JoMo. Coaches have to adjust to the brutality and unforgiving nature of the SEC. Even Jimbo is struggling. We need speed if we ever wanna take a step forward and it appears Joe is getting some with Marks and Tulu

HailStateSZN19
12-28-2019, 06:21 PM
If MSU would go out and buy a 5 WR every other year, we'd be really competitive. Until we do that, we can't compete vs the top teams.

Heck, why can’t we just get lucky with a low rated 2/3 star like Justin Jefferson who just blossoms at some point? We won’t ever have a WR put up numbers like he is but he was a damn 2-star WR with 5-6 offers and LSU was the only P5 offer. He’s developed into a 1st round pick. I’d settle for a 2/3 star WR that turns into a stud that’s just halfway as productive number-wise as Jefferson has been. We won’t ever recruit or even buy a 5-star WR. We’ve got to find a way to take an underrated guy every now and then and ACTUALLY DEVELOP them. Hell, maybe this is a Destrehan HS thing and Torbor can wind up being a really good WR lol. That’s what I’ll hope for.

Offshore Dawg
12-28-2019, 06:21 PM
Number 18 for LSU was kicking his teammates ass on the sidelines. Good leadership from a player. Would be nice to see on State's sidelines.

OLJWales
12-28-2019, 06:22 PM
All I know is that I hope LSU grinds it out 2nd half so there are no delays to Clemson / Ohio State game. cuz this one plain out sucks.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 06:26 PM
Heck, why can’t we just get lucky with a low rated 2/3 star like Justin Jefferson who just blossoms at some point? We won’t ever have a WR put up numbers like he is but he was a damn 2-star WR with 5-6 offers and LSU was the only P5 offer. He’s developed into a 1st round pick. I’d settle for a 2/3 star WR that turns into a stud that’s just halfway as productive number-wise as Jefferson has been. We won’t ever recruit or even buy a 5-star WR. We’ve got to find a way to take an underrated guy every now and then and ACTUALLY DEVELOP them. Hell, maybe this is a Destrehan HS thing and Torbor can wind up being a really good WR lol. That’s what I’ll hope for.

I gotta believe that every 2/3 years we can collectively get our boosters to go all in for a top WR prospect. Just 1 guy every 2/3 years would change the ceiling of our program.

Offshore Dawg
12-28-2019, 06:31 PM
At what point does LSU pull starters?

Are there any other records Burrow can break. On the flip side ask Saint Nick how leaving your QB in worked for Bama

Scared_Hitless
12-28-2019, 06:32 PM
Number 18 for LSU was kicking his teammates ass on the sidelines. Good leadership from a player. Would be nice to see on State's sidelines.

We kick ass at practice not during games

Maroonthirteen
12-28-2019, 06:32 PM
Why in the world would a state fan pull for LSU?

Benjamins dog. Dollar dollar bill, yo.

I could be dressed in sooner colors for a week to years, wouldn't change the outcome of this game.

I don't hate Bama anymore either. College football.... it is what it is.

OLJWales
12-28-2019, 06:35 PM
Are there any other records Burrow can break. On the flip side ask Saint Nick how leaving your QB in worked for Bama

497 yards so far for LSU. will they get 800 plus? that should be a record of some sort one would think. And yes, if O has a lick of sense, he will sit Burrow.