PDA

View Full Version : Spoke With An NFL Scout Tonight

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 09:50 PM
Spoke with the Southeast supervisor of an NFL team.

Said we have 8-10 draftable players this season and the NFL scouts can't figure out "how in the hell" we only won 6 games this year and 8 last year.

Said it's one of the worst coaching jobs he's seen in all his years of scouting.

Just a messenger. This isn't my opinion.

Cowbell
12-27-2019, 09:52 PM

Said we have 8-10 draftable players this season and the NFL scouts can't figure out "how in the hell" we only won 6 games this year and 8 last year.

Said it's one of the worst coaching jobs he's seen in all his years of scouting.

Now I thought he was highly regarded among his peers***

OLJWales
12-27-2019, 09:54 PM
Johen Cohen sucks and he has no sack. We need a new AD NOW. Someone with Balls / Sack.

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 10:11 PM
Scout also said his team would not be considering CHE in the draft because murdered someone last year but it was swept under the rug.

https://www.nola.com/opinions/james_gill/article_c0591013-d35a-5580-b204-7278ad666fce.html

NeuteredDawg
12-27-2019, 10:17 PM
More rumors with no named names.

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 10:19 PM

Dude. No idiot is going to out their source. What a stupid insinuation.

ZedFedder
12-27-2019, 10:22 PM
I don’t believe this.

NeuteredDawg
12-27-2019, 10:23 PM
When is Napier being announced?

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 10:24 PM
I don’t believe this.

Uh... ok

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 10:25 PM

Would you rather info from NFL scouts not be relayed?

Coursesuper
12-27-2019, 10:27 PM

I guess you prefer your ?facts? from Rosey and company.? If so why are you here other than to be a douche?

Bubb Rubb
12-27-2019, 10:38 PM
I guess you prefer your ?facts? from Rosey and company.? If so why are you here other than to be a douche?

Well, to be fair, he is neutered.

Cowbell
12-27-2019, 10:40 PM

November 2020

Tough Dawg
12-27-2019, 10:40 PM
We have got to have the worst fan base in America for college football. How many times do you post a day? Just curious? Are you retired?

Tough Dawg
12-27-2019, 10:42 PM
Monday can’t get here fast enough. Just put the ball down already

DDawg
12-27-2019, 10:47 PM
I completely believe this information as true. I have no doubts that you spoke with a bonafide NFL scout, thanks for this info real great stuff. Please pass along more insider info as it becomes available. This is what separates our board from every other one in CFB.

CHE is a Stone Cold murderer no doubt. I bet this scout has much more info than BR PD could have, hell I bet he could get him convicted with 25 to life if he really wanted.

Coursesuper
12-27-2019, 10:47 PM

Well played.

Jarius
12-27-2019, 10:54 PM
Well did you ask the scout if he noticed that literally half of our draftable prospects were out for suspension or injury for the majority of the year?

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 10:54 PM
I completely believe this information as true. I have no doubts that you spoke with a bonafide NFL scout, thanks for this info real great stuff. Please pass along more insider info as it becomes available. This is what separates our board from every other one in CFB.

CHE is a Stone Cold murderer no doubt. I bet this scout has much more info than BR PD could have, hell I bet he could get him convicted with 25 to life if he really wanted.

I'm beginning to become baffled at how LSU can get this, the Children's Hospital, and the basketball wire tap all swept under the rug?

I don't get it. Where are the Wolken and Forde articles we saw during the Ole Miss investigation. It makes no sense

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 10:56 PM
Well did you ask the scout if he noticed that literally half of our draftable prospects were out for suspension or injury for the majority of the year?

I actually didn't ask the scout anything. I've known him for a while and he just volunteered the info.

Cowbell
12-27-2019, 10:59 PM
Monday can?t get here fast enough. Just put the ball down already

Yeah because Mooreheads coaching in that game will make us feel like all with the world is right again

Cowbell
12-27-2019, 11:00 PM

Cohen, is that you??

Coursesuper
12-27-2019, 11:05 PM
I'm beginning to become baffled at how LSU can get this, the Children's Hospital, and the basketball wire tap all swept under the rug?

I don't get it. Where are the Wolken and Forde articles we saw during the Ole Miss investigation. It makes no sense

Bother, it?s Louisiana and south Louisiana at that. Do you think that it?s possible for anything bad associated with LSU football to see the light of day? That isn?t going to happen ever. That is an entirely different world.

Jarius
12-27-2019, 11:05 PM
I actually didn't ask the scout anything. I've known him for a while and he just volunteered the info.

Ok. Well we have never had 8 to 10 players drafted. The most we have had is 5. We won't have near that many players drafted this year no matter who declares early.

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 11:08 PM
Ok. Well we have never had 8 to 10 players drafted. The most we have had is 5. We won't have near that many players drafted this year no matter who declares early.

He said ?draftable?. I?m guessing that includes JRs and maybe RS Sophomores that, due to being draft eligible, the scouts have had to evaluate. Of course not all those players will declare. Thus we won?t have close to 10 drafted.

I should?ve asked him where that ranked in the country or how good a team with that type of talent should be.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-27-2019, 11:10 PM

This. It goes without saying Shotgun's "source" doesn't exist. Does he ever get tired of this BS?

bobtail bob
12-27-2019, 11:11 PM

Everybody down here pretty much knows that cancer money led right back to the capital in Baton Rouge. That was taxpayer money they were pumping through that hospital and football players weren?t the only ones getting a piece of that pie. Even some on the federal level. That?s why it got swept. They really don?t care what nepharious shit surrounds LSU football as long it leads them to the next pork loin in the smoker and getting passed out shit faced one more weekend. This whole state is all in across the board

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 11:11 PM
Bother, it?s Louisiana and south Louisiana at that. Do you think that it?s possible for anything bad associated with LSU football to see the light of day? That isn?t going to happen ever. That is an entirely different world.

Must be. Just wild that more questions aren’t being asked

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 11:13 PM
Everybody down here pretty much knows that cancer money led right back to the capital in Baton Rouge. That was taxpayer money they were pumping through that hospital and football players weren?t the only ones getting a piece of that pie. Even some on the federal level. That?s why it got swept. They really don?t care what nepharious shit surrounds LSU football as long it leads them to the next pork loin in the smoker and getting passed out shit faced one more weekend. This whole state is all in across the board

That’s just wild. Why aren’t the national investigative journalists not following up on this?

Jarius
12-27-2019, 11:15 PM
He said ?draftable?. I?m guessing that includes JRs and maybe RS Sophomores that, due to being draft eligible, the scouts have had to evaluate. Of course not all those players will declare. Thus we won?t have close to 10 drafted.

I should?ve asked him where that ranked in the country or how good a team with that type of talent should be.

8 to 10 draftable players is about half of what our opponents in the sec west play with every year if we are taking about the entire roster of freshman and up. We overachieved every year under Mullen. We are undisciplined and have issues but if a scout does not realize that we are playing against teams every week that outrecruit us I don't know what to tell the guy. We lost to 1 team this year that we fall ahead of in the recruiting rankings.

I want to find out next Dan mullen. I think we can do better. We could however do much worse than moorhead. He's not as bad as we make him out to be. He's just not good enough.

Coursesuper
12-27-2019, 11:16 PM

I built a golf course in south La. It was $12 mil into a $7 mil build, with money walking off the site everyday it was amazing to watch. If that can happen just imagine what they are capable of when it comes to LUS football that every tick is goo goo nuts for.

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 11:18 PM
8 to 10 draftable players is about half of what our opponents in the sec west play with every year if we are taking about the entire roster of freshman and up. We overachieved every year under Mullen. We are undisciplined and have issues but if a scout does not realize that we are playing against teams every week that outrecruit us I don't know what to tell the guy. We lost to 1 team this year that we fall ahead of in the recruiting g rankings.

Yeah. Good points.

I’m just repeating what the guy said. Just a messenger. He seemed to insinuate that it’s a joke we aren’t better

Homedawg
12-27-2019, 11:52 PM

Hmmm really?? Talk about spin. Just not true. Not close.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 12:04 AM
8 to 10 draftable players is about half of what our opponents in the sec west play with every year if we are taking about the entire roster of freshman and up. We overachieved every year under Mullen. We are undisciplined and have issues but if a scout does not realize that we are playing against teams every week that outrecruit us I don't know what to tell the guy. We lost to 1 team this year that we fall ahead of in the recruiting rankings.

I want to find out next Dan mullen. I think we can do better. We could however do much worse than moorhead. He's not as bad as we make him out to be. He's just not good enough.

We can do better than Dan Mullen.

HoopsDawg
12-28-2019, 12:51 AM
We can do better than Dan Mullen.

Agree. Mullen is a solid coach, but he sure looks better when sandwiched between Croom and Moorehead. Now he's at UF where it's hard not to go 10-2.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 12:54 AM

Still easy to hide bodies in the swamp or by the river.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 12:58 AM
Agree. Mullen is a solid coach, but he sure looks better when sandwiched between Croom and Moorehead. Now he's at UF where it's hard not to go 10-2.

He's the same guy. He beats who he is supposed to. Rarely beats people with better talent like LSU and Georgia. We've loved through the pros and cons of that.

If we can find someone that essentially won consistently against teams we should beat 90% of the time and best top 20 teams at Jackie's rate which I believe is about 25% that will be our greatest coach in history.

SPMT
12-28-2019, 01:56 AM
I actually believe shotgun now.

parabrave
12-28-2019, 02:34 AM
I built a golf course in south La. It was $12 mil into a $7 mil build, with money walking off the site everyday it was amazing to watch. If that can happen just imagine what they are capable of when it comes to LUS football that every tick is goo goo nuts for.

When Bucees was expanding out of Texas the 1st place they looked at was BR. They quickly found out how crooked LA was and how bad the crime was in BR. They then got Smart and put that store in Foley.

msstate7
12-28-2019, 07:32 AM
He's the same guy. He beats who he is supposed to. Rarely beats people with better talent like LSU and Georgia. We've loved through the pros and cons of that.

If we can find someone that essentially won consistently against teams we should beat 90% of the time and best top 20 teams at Jackie's rate which I believe is about 25% that will be our greatest coach in history.

He's 3-2 against LSU last 5 years with 2 of those wins here at state. "Rarely" is a stretch. Now if you go Georgia and Bama, yeah, he hasn't done anything vs those.

Mobile Bay
12-28-2019, 07:34 AM
It tells you something when Buc-ee's is about to have three stores in Alabama and completely skip the state right next to them.

msbulldog
12-28-2019, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the info Gun, bring more!
LSU gets away with it because that is the way of life in south Louisiana, Wolken and Forde don't go down there to investigate because it would not be healthy, alligators are always hungry.

RougeDawg
12-28-2019, 08:39 AM

First off. Good info and I think most of us know/knew how much talent was on this roster over the last 2-3 seasons. Which is why we find the results so disgusting. The program left a lot of wins on the table.

Secondly, Louisiana is one of the most corrupt states in the nation. If you have money, or are in a position to make money for those with money, you can literally get away with murder. Prominent LSU football player is one of those positions.

From LBJ wire tapping Huey Longs phones, to ray Nagin it?s wide spread around these parts. Hell, even after Nagin went to prison some $700 million more has just vanished from the Katrina relief in New Orleans. There is no accountability because almost all of them are involved and if one domino falls, they all fall. Everyone protects everyone and tries to scheme their way to a bigger piece of the pie. To put a cherry on top, the current New Orleans mayor was actually elected after she was caught, as city council member, using her city credit card for personal expenses. At the expense of the public. For some odd anomaly she was “allowed” to pay back the money via repayments.

AROB44
12-28-2019, 09:15 AM
First off. Good info and I think most of us know/knew how much talent was on this roster over the last 2-3 seasons. Which is why we find the results so disgusting. The program left a lot of wins on the table.

Secondly, Louisiana is one of the most corrupt states in the nation. If you have money, or are in a position to make money for those with money, you can literally get away with murder. Prominent LSU football player is one of those positions.

From LBJ wire tapping Huey Longs phones, to ray Nagin it?s wide spread around these parts. Hell, even after Nagin went to prison some $700 million more has just vanished from the Katrina relief in New Orleans. There is no accountability because almost all of them are involved and if one domino falls, they all fall. Everyone protects everyone and tries to scheme their way to a bigger piece of the pie. To put a cherry on top, the current New Orleans mayor was actually elected after she was caught, as city council member, using her city credit card for personal expenses. At the expense of the public. For some odd anomaly she was ?allowed? to pay back the money via repayments.

Huey Long was assassinated in 1935. Was LBJ really tapping his phone then?

RougeDawg
12-28-2019, 09:43 AM
Huey Long was assassinated in 1935. Was LBJ really tapping his phone then?

My bad. Got two stories mixed up. Roosevelt Spied on Long, when he decided to try to run for President in 35/36. LBJ tapped the phones of his VP Humphrey, who was running for President.

RougeDawg
12-28-2019, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the info Gun, bring more!
LSU gets away with it because that is the way of life in south Louisiana, Wolken and Forde don't go down there to investigate because it would not be healthy, alligators are always hungry.

And lots of fresh concrete being poured.

Jack Lambert
12-28-2019, 10:45 AM

Who are the ten?

RocketDawg
12-28-2019, 11:05 AM
It tells you something when Buc-ee's is about to have three stores in Alabama and completely skip the state right next to them.

Where's the 3rd store? One's in Baldwin County, and another will be built in Leeds.

Given the "Bucky Beaver" theme, you'd think they would have built one in Oxford ....

parabrave
12-28-2019, 11:34 AM
Where's the 3rd store? One's in Baldwin County, and another will be built in Leeds.

Given the "Bucky Beaver" theme, you'd think they would have built one in Oxford ....

I know they have one going up in Macon Ga getting the 75/16 traffic. Plus theres cheap land there/

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 12:05 PM
Who are the ten?

It was a really short conversation and I didn't ask

defiantdog
12-28-2019, 12:40 PM
Scout also said his team would not be considering CHE in the draft because murdered someone last year but it was swept under the rug.

https://www.nola.com/opinions/james_gill/article_c0591013-d35a-5580-b204-7278ad666fce.html

It wasn't swept under the rug..... stand your own ground law applies in Louisiana. Also, the incident happened in the off season so it didn't get much exposure. And at the time, CHE wasn't a household name.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 01:34 PM
It wasn't swept under the rug..... stand your own ground law applies in Louisiana. Also, the incident happened in the off season so it didn't get much exposure. And at the time, CHE wasn't a household name.

Well.... that's what the cops said.

The scout said the "electronic device" was a PlayStation. How many people do you know that pack heat when exchanging a PlayStation?

Point is, the entire situation was swept under the rug.

Rex54
12-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Huey Long was assassinated in 1935.

Very very unfortunate I’ll say. My grandpa loved him some Kingfish.

RocketDawg
12-28-2019, 02:26 PM

Who is CHE? He must not be a household name to me.

hacker
12-28-2019, 03:00 PM
Who is CHE? He must not be a household name to me.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, not sure why they're saying CHE instead of CEH

RocketDawg
12-28-2019, 03:05 PM
Clyde Edwards-Helaire, not sure why they're saying CHE instead of CEH

Probably had the infamous chemistry class in mind (ChE being the abbreviation for Chemical Engineering).

magrooder
12-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Well.... that's what the cops said.

The scout said the "electronic device" was a PlayStation. How many people do you know that pack heat when exchanging a PlayStation?

Point is, the entire situation was swept under the rug.

Honestly, I "pack heat" everywhere I go no matter what I'm doing.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 03:17 PM
Honestly, I "pack heat" everywhere I go no matter what I'm doing.

And you'd carry your gun to a Playstation exchange?

IMissJack
12-28-2019, 03:26 PM

I have no idea if any of the LSU stuff is accurate, but these high level reporters are more careful to putting something out LSU negative than OM negative. Much more at stake reputationally than slapping OM around.

ShotgunDawg
12-28-2019, 03:30 PM
I have no idea if any of the LSU stuff is accurate, but these high level reporters are more careful to putting something out LSU negative than OM negative. Much more at stake reputationally than slapping OM around.

Absolutely, it's a pretty unfair system.

They'd rather take no risk by digging up some interesting crumbs instead of digging on the big boys. Reminds me of the Pelican Brief

IMissJack
12-28-2019, 03:31 PM

Much easier to sell Bama and Aubie gear than OM and MSU.* Miss. doesn't have a wonderful corruption free reputation for business either...

Bdawg
12-29-2019, 04:42 PM
And you'd carry your gun to a Playstation exchange?

If you are a concealed carry license holder, you probably carry everywhere you go. I usually don't but the time you don't carry might be the time you need it. But based on the article, he may have just had a weapon in his vehicle. And like he stated, like MS, the car is an extension of your house, so no license to carry is needed.

But I do agree, awful lot of guns for a "PlayStation" and not a lot of attention given to some ncaa football players for an altercation (which is not the norm) where someone ended up dead. That case seemed to wrap up mighty quick.