PDA

View Full Version : Great article by Forde on a guy we had locked up to sign

Coach34
12-27-2019, 09:45 PM
https://www.si.com/college/2019/12/27/john-simpson-clemson-man-of-the-house

Kid worked for a State guy and we had him loving some maroon. Hevesy said "his hands are too small" after meeting with him. You can't make this crap up. Didn't want to put in the effort it takes in recruiting. Was almost a laydown. It's this inside stuff some of us knew that made us mad at Mullen that guys like Liverpool and Gravedigger dont understand

chef dixon
12-27-2019, 09:54 PM
Great story. Dude prob made a pretty penny on tips at a place like Halls, especially coming from his home situation.

Coach34
12-27-2019, 10:07 PM
No doubt. Halls is one of the sponsors of the Elitedawg tailgate and sends about $500 in steaks to our tailgate every season.

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 10:09 PM
I wish MSU could finally get a coach that would get everyone on the same page.

OLJWales
12-27-2019, 10:10 PM
is this an example of Hevesy Hevesing?

Coursesuper
12-27-2019, 10:18 PM
is this an example of Hevesy Hevesing?

You got it.

chef dixon
12-27-2019, 10:58 PM
No doubt. Halls is one of the sponsors of the Elitedawg tailgate and sends about $500 in steaks to our tailgate every season.

Cannot get much better than that

DogsofAnarchy
12-27-2019, 11:53 PM
https://www.si.com/college/2019/12/27/john-simpson-clemson-man-of-the-house

Kid worked for a State guy and we had him loving some maroon. Hevesy said "his hands are too small" after meeting with him. You can't make this crap up. Didn't want to put in the effort it takes in recruiting. Was almost a laydown. It's this inside stuff some of us knew that made us mad at Mullen that guys like Liverpool and Gravedigger dont understand

A WHOLE bunch of Bulldogs knew that Mullen’s staff were weak recruiters. That was ALL over message boards. Nothing was done about it. A lot of us know that we have a weak coaching staff now. I think they are better than the last in recruiting but MUCH weaker in game planning and communication and play calling. And once again, I seriously doubt anything will be done even after a bad year next year. Why? Weak ass administration and the boys are back in charge!!

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 12:01 AM
Hevesy sucked and I'm glad his sorry ass is gone. I absolutely detest laziness.

BeardoMSU
12-28-2019, 12:14 AM
Hevesy sucked and I'm glad his sorry ass is gone. I absolutely detest laziness.

Laziness, arrogance, and ignorance...the trifecta of sucktitude.

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 12:43 AM
Laziness, arrogance, and ignorance...the trifecta of sucktitude.

You nailed it.

MarketingBully
12-28-2019, 06:20 AM
I wish MSU could finally get a coach that would get everyone on the same page.

Mullen was never going to be that type of guy. He was always looking for the exit and it hurt him in recruiting a ton. We will need a guy who loves MSU and loves the culture here and to a lesser degree is a little bit loyal in order to get what you state here. Ole Miss had that but Freeze ****ed it up by cheating too brazenly in both recruiting and his personal life.

AROB44
12-28-2019, 09:08 AM
But he was one of, if not the best, offensive line coaches we have ever had.

Coach34
12-28-2019, 12:17 PM
But he was one of, if not the best, offensive line coaches we have ever had.

Trickett was our best but Hev is a very good OL coach. Just a lazy damn recruiter

AROB44
12-28-2019, 12:33 PM
Trickett was our best but Hev is a very good OL coach. Just a lazy damn recruiter

Don?t disagree, but Trickett was an asshole as well. J B Grimes was pretty good too.