starkvegasdawg
12-27-2019, 07:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMz-mInUYAAlFbe?format=jpg&name=large

msstate7
12-27-2019, 07:27 PM
Funny way of doing standings, total wins over winning %

Coach34
12-27-2019, 07:35 PM
A&M and Mizzou are short 3 seasons- so that would put both above us. But it does show without a doubt we are the SEC's 9th best program over the last decade- altho we do get points for being more consistent and keeping a bowl streak alive. So basically- we have been middle of the pack SEC. And there is nothing wrong with that. Jackie and Mullen have elevated the program from being a doormat the last 25 years

R2Dawg
12-27-2019, 09:31 PM
True that JWS and Mullen has MSU a solid SEC program with a national brand. We can't go back the cellar, please leadership don't let that happen.

confucius say
12-28-2019, 12:48 AM
A&M and Mizzou are short 3 seasons- so that would put both above us. But it does show without a doubt we are the SEC's 9th best program over the last decade- altho we do get points for being more consistent and keeping a bowl streak alive. So basically- we have been middle of the pack SEC. And there is nothing wrong with that. Jackie and Mullen have elevated the program from being a doormat the last 25 years

2, not 3, missing only 2010 and 2011.
Would put mizzou same as us. And In a weaker division to boot.

Maroonthirteen
12-28-2019, 09:54 AM
Yeah, a few more years, Missouri will be below Tennessee in total Wins. ...and probably Kentucky. If Kentucky can keep Stoops.

msstate7
12-28-2019, 10:02 AM
Yeah, a few more years, Missouri will be below Tennessee in total Wins. ...and probably Kentucky. If Kentucky can keep Stoops.

Maybe, drinkwitz is a fascinating hire to me.

RocketDawg
12-28-2019, 10:16 AM
There's a total of 80 games for each team (except Missouri and Texas A&M), so the chart must just be SEC regular season games for the past 10 years.

Some teams, e.g., Alabama, have played more games than other teams because of the Conference Championship (that's a conference game) and national playoffs.

Maroonthirteen
12-28-2019, 10:16 AM
Maybe, drinkwitz is a fascinating hire to me.

We shall see if he is more a product of what Satterfield Left at Ap State or a really talented coach. ApSt is just a good program at the moment.

msstate7
12-28-2019, 10:20 AM
We shall see if he is more a product of what Satterfield Left at Ap State or a really talented coach. ApSt is just a good program at the moment.

Yep. I'm not saying he will be good... I have no idea that's why he's fascinating to me

confucius say
12-28-2019, 10:44 AM
Yep. I'm not saying he will be good... I have no idea that's why he's fascinating to me

I think baby Gus will be solid

RocketDawg
12-28-2019, 10:47 AM

He's probably a pretty good coach as well as having inherited what Satterfield built. Joe also took over a pretty talented program, and it's gone downhill ever since. Drinkwitz could have done the same thing at App State if he couldn't coach.

Once Joe is gone, Satterfield should be one of our top candidates.

confucius say
12-28-2019, 10:55 AM
He's probably a pretty good coach as well as having inherited what Satterfield built. Joe also took over a pretty talented program, and it's gone downhill ever since. Drinkwitz could have done the same thing at App State if he couldn't coach.

Once Joe is gone, Satterfield should be one of our top candidates.

Not sure Cohen would pay him what Louisville will. Cohen has gone cheap. Smallest assistant coach salary pool in sec and second lowest paid head coach, all while adding another 15 million to the rainy day fund last year.

Churchill
12-28-2019, 11:02 AM
Not sure Cohen would pay him what Louisville will. Cohen has gone cheap. Smallest assistant coach salary pool in sec and second lowest paid head coach, all while adding another 15 million to the rainy day fund last year.

And we're about to reap the crappy results. If anyone doesn't recognize the bar has been lowered "you are blind".

RougeDawg
12-28-2019, 11:19 AM
Let?s add in the little nugget that the SEC West has been far superior to the east this past decade. If you added in a fudge factor for east and west division strength, us and ATM would be ahead of all but Florida and Georgia in the east.

Maroonthirteen
12-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Hahahahaha. State hire a coach away from Louisville??!? That's hilarious.

It's Gene Chizck or HUD or an embarrassing hire if JoMo is fired. Book it.

RocketDawg
12-28-2019, 03:12 PM

Well, from what we've heard, he was willing to pay Mullen $6M, or possibly even what it would take to keep him as long as money was Mullen's object (which apparently it was not).