PDA

View Full Version : Does Bo Bounds Know Something We Don't?

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 11:42 AM
The way this situation has been handled by the program is absolute amateurish. Kind of a microcosm of the disorganization and sloppiness we've seen on the field. Joe is the King Midas of Sloppiness. Every he touches.

chef dixon
12-27-2019, 11:49 AM
Doubt it

Dawg2003
12-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Bo is a talk show host. He may or may not have insider information on some stuff, but it's in his best interest to drum up controversy for ratings. That's a big part of his job.

hacker
12-27-2019, 11:52 AM
Nope

lefty96
12-27-2019, 11:52 AM
That could simply mean that if we lose people will lose their collective minds. I guess you could argue that Bo may know less than we know because our collective minds are already half lost.

FISHDAWG
12-27-2019, 11:58 AM
So was the extension a recruiting ploy to keep this class together ? Has anyone seen the fine print on the contract ? ....... I refuse to get my hopes up again especially since it seems he has administration backing

Quaoarsking
12-27-2019, 11:59 AM
Not good to be making posts like this. We need 100% of our fans rooting for a win. If the fight has made the AD reconsider Joe's fate, he should be fired even if we win.

TrapGame
12-27-2019, 12:10 PM
I wonder if the boosters that jumped ship to back Joe are having second thoughts now. The euphoria over that mighty 1 point win over ole miss is all gone.

Tbonewannabe
12-27-2019, 12:12 PM
With the lack of excitement around the program, a bowl win is needed. A bowl win or loss always has an impact either positive or negative. He isn't really either making some type of magical statement. It was the same when we won the 2013 Liberty bowl was a huge benefit to the 2014 season.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, the Egg Bowl win more than likely saved Moorhead's job. To then turn around and lose the Egg Bowl would shift the momentum once again in the wrong direction. That isn't rocket science, anyone that follows college football would know that.

Tbonewannabe
12-27-2019, 12:13 PM
So was the extension a recruiting ploy to keep this class together ? Has anyone seen the fine print on the contract ? ....... I refuse to get my hopes up again especially since it seems he has administration backing

If you turn around and fire the coach, does the players have the ability to get out of the LOI?

Bubb Rubb
12-27-2019, 12:16 PM
If you turn around and fire the coach, does the players have the ability to get out of the LOI?

Yes, they do.

Hambone
12-27-2019, 12:16 PM
Yes, all signees will be able to sign with someone else

msstatelp1
12-27-2019, 12:20 PM
The way this situation has been handled by the program is absolute amateurish. Kind of a microcosm of the disorganization and sloppiness we've seen on the field. Joe is the King Midas of Sloppiness. Every he touches.

He's trying to drum up listeners. It's an open ended statement. He could mean Moorhead gets fired, he could mean Moorhead loses fan support, he could mean anything by this.

Personally I believe that the people making the decisions after the Egg Bowl didn't have the balls to fire Moorhead then and they won't have them now...and may not have them in 2020 if Moorhead wins the EB and goes bowling.

MetEdDawg
12-27-2019, 12:20 PM
Yes, all signees will be able to sign with someone else

I don't think that's correct. The school can give them the option to leave, which most do. But I didnt think a change in HC automatically negated a signed LOI.

Rex54
12-27-2019, 12:23 PM
Fire his ass after NSD.. Problem solved.

Jack Lambert
12-27-2019, 12:29 PM
The only thing Bo knows is he knows nothing.

ShotgunDawg
12-27-2019, 12:30 PM
You know, Joe can fix this real easy:

- put a competent team on the field every game

- Stop having things happen that reek of a lack of discipline, accountability, and respect within the program

DogsofAnarchy
12-27-2019, 12:30 PM

Not until after the 2021 or 2022 season.

Tbonewannabe
12-27-2019, 12:32 PM
I don't think that's correct. The school can give them the option to leave, which most do. But I didnt think a change in HC automatically negated a signed LOI.

Another thing is that other schools are also using up open spots. Once February comes and goes then even if most of our guys wanted to leave, they won't have very many options that would be SEC level offers.

parabrave
12-27-2019, 12:36 PM
Nope and we will be discussing this same crap this time next year.

dantheman4248
12-27-2019, 12:43 PM
Didn't work that way for Temple last year.

Maroonthirteen
12-27-2019, 12:52 PM
No. He is just stating the obvious.

JoMo has to win to keep the critics at bay. At least until the first loss next season. In my observations, I would 80% of the State fan base wants him fired today. Lose the bowl.... oh boy...that number may be 90% and all off season will be the count down to fire him day.

Quaoarsking
12-27-2019, 01:01 PM

So be it. I suspect the new coach could reel most of them back in by February, especially since most other P5 programs won't have many slots left.

HancockCountyDog
12-27-2019, 01:16 PM
Lets be real clear, Bo Bounds doesn't know shit.

Of course Joe needs to win the bowl game, but to pretend his job is on the line is stupid.

Dawgface
12-27-2019, 01:20 PM
He's trying to drum up listeners. It's an open ended statement. He could mean Moorhead gets fired, he could mean Moorhead loses fan support, he could mean anything by this.

Personally I believe that the people making the decisions after the Egg Bowl didn't have the balls to fire Moorhead then and they won't have them now...and may not have them in 2020 if Moorhead wins the EB and goes bowling.

And 2021,22,23 etc etc as long as we gop 6-6 and win the Egg.

dantheman4248
12-27-2019, 01:24 PM
No. He is just stating the obvious.

JoMo has to win to keep the critics at bay. At least until the first loss next season. In my observations, I would 80% of the State fan base wants him fired today. Lose the bowl.... oh boy...that number may be 90% and all off season will be the count down to fire him day.

Joe needs it because he needs 3-3 at worst in his next 6 to make it through our only bye week next year. 2-4 or worse and he's out October 4th. He makes it through that then he can end next year strong with 4 games against weak opponents and have another Egg Bowl victory save his job another year.

Tbonewannabe
12-27-2019, 01:31 PM

Of course Joe needs to win the bowl game, but to pretend his job is on the line is stupid.

Joe would have to epically shit the bed to get fired after a bowl game. It would have to be a under 200 yards of total offense and lose by 40 points type of game for any rumblings at all. I think most people are resigned to the fact that he is going to be the coach next year.

As far as next year, I think attendance will be down until he wins a big game that he shouldn't. I don't think even winning the games he should would do anything but stave off the critics. I don't see how he survives next year to tell you the truth. At worst he needs to go into the A&M game 4-0 and then be competitive at the minimum at home against A&M because he has Bama, LSU, and Auburn right behind those games. If we see the same old non competitive offense for 4 straight weeks with the opposition putting in the 2nd string before halftime then it would be a good coaching job to keep the team from quitting at that time.

Just looking at where the games are played and the talent on the field, we should go 8-4 next year but I personally think we could end up 5-7 or 6-6. Of course Joe has won 2 less games than he should every year so it is probably best to assume 6 wins.

FISHDAWG
12-27-2019, 01:35 PM
No administrator will fire a coach after extending him just a month earlier ..... it's gonna take at least one more year and you don't need to be an insider to figure this one out ..... Bo is into merchandising information - not journalistic reporting

Leroy Jenkins
12-27-2019, 01:37 PM
Maybe it means Joe has pointed his finger up his ass and not his thumb.

BogeyGolfer
12-27-2019, 01:40 PM

Joe ain't going nowhere until the end of 2020, maybe.....

fader2103
12-27-2019, 01:41 PM
Bo knows that you will start 50 threads going back and forth on the State of the Program

Todd4State
12-27-2019, 01:51 PM
No administrator will fire a coach after extending him just a month earlier ..... it's gonna take at least one more year and you don't need to be an insider to figure this one out ..... Bo is into merchandising information - not journalistic reporting

I don't believe he has been officially extended yet. It's probably a moot point but anyway.

Bo literally says that every game is a must win for Joe. He doesn't know anything.

yjnkdawg
12-27-2019, 02:01 PM
Bo knows that you will start 50 threads going back and forth on the State of the Program

Bingo ! Good free advertisement for Bo on a message board......... Even the trolls can get trolled. LOL

MarketingBully
12-27-2019, 02:17 PM

He?s saying it because it would be a way to build back equity with the fanbase not that he is going to get let go if he doesn?t win. However, I will say this. If he loses the MCB and does poorly next year he will be gone. The lack of discipline and not paying attention to the little things will be JoMo?s downfall. He?s not a good head coach.

maroonmania
12-27-2019, 02:17 PM

I was for making the move after the Egg Bowl but since we weren't willing to pull the trigger I feel now we should just ride out another year and let it play out.

DogsofAnarchy
12-27-2019, 02:19 PM
Joe needs it because he needs 3-3 at worst in his next 6 to make it through our only bye week next year. 2-4 or worse and he's out October 4th. He makes it through that then he can end next year strong with 4 games against weak opponents and have another Egg Bowl victory save his job another year.

He will not be fired next year no matter what our record is. If we had a losing record, it would be his first.

HancockCountyDog
12-27-2019, 02:22 PM
Just looking at where the games are played and the talent on the field, we should go 8-4 next year but I personally think we could end up 5-7 or 6-6. Of course Joe has won 2 less games than he should every year so it is probably best to assume 6 wins.

I'm not sure I see a ton of talent on the field next year, especially if Willie leaves early. Other than Errol who is our sure fire pre-season All SEC player? On either first or second team? I genuinely don't think we have one right now other than Errol who would most likely be a 2nd team pre-season ALL SEC type player.

I like some of our young guys, but I haven't seen enough from any of them to think that we have enough talent on the field to expect 8-4 next year.

dantheman4248
12-27-2019, 02:47 PM
He will not be fired next year no matter what our record is. If we had a losing record, it would be his first.

2-3 before the bye means 2 losses to NCState, Tulane, or Arkansas. Add in a loss in the bowl and a home blowout with minimal fans in the stadium against A&M and it's the perfect recipe to fire him going into a bye week. If he can survive that with at least 3-2 I agree he won't get fired next year. Schedule is too easy. But to act like that pathetic of a start wouldn't do it right now? Naive.

Tbonewannabe
12-27-2019, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure I see a ton of talent on the field next year, especially if Willie leaves early. Other than Errol who is our sure fire pre-season All SEC player? On either first or second team? I genuinely don't think we have one right now other than Errol who would most likely be a 2nd team pre-season ALL SEC type player.

I like some of our young guys, but I haven't seen enough from any of them to think that we have enough talent on the field to expect 8-4 next year.

Opponent Talent advantage
New Mexico MSU
NC State MSU
Arkansas MSU
Tulane MSU
A&M A&M
Bama Bama
LSU LSU
Auburn Auburn
Mizzou MSU
UK maybe MSU or a push
Ala A&M MSU
Ole Miss MSU

We should be favored in every game but A&M, Bama, LSU, Auburn, and maybe UK.

Coach34
12-27-2019, 03:00 PM

Exactly. I'm hoping for 6 next year. We wont be favored more than 5 times next year.

timotheus
12-27-2019, 03:04 PM
The first 4 and the last one.

RocketDawg
12-27-2019, 03:05 PM

So you think it might be a "firing with cause"?

StateDawg44
12-27-2019, 03:26 PM
Was an extension ever actually officially announced or a press release sent out to confirm the extension or was it stemmed from the rumored "4-hour" meeting post egg bowl meeting with Cohen?

FISHDAWG
12-27-2019, 03:39 PM
So you think it might be a "firing with cause"?

seems like it would have to be if he were let go .... but this doesn't seem to be a "Cause" ....... point is the administration at this time will not admit to making a wrong decision - I've seen to many people live with a mistake rather than admit guilt and take corrective action.... 2 years ago C-34 said this is going to be at least a 3 or 4 year down time for MSU football, I agreed then and we're seeing that play out in front of us now

FISHDAWG
12-27-2019, 03:50 PM
Was an extension ever actually officially announced or a press release sent out to confirm the extension or was it stemmed from the rumored "4-hour" meeting post egg bowl meeting with Cohen?

I thought someone from ESPN tweeted it just after the EB

WSOPdawg
12-27-2019, 03:53 PM
The first 4 and the last one.

I'll be very surprised if we are favored in the 2nd game on the road to a team returning 18 starters and we'll be returning 9 or so starters. NC State was pretty terrible this year, but should be markedly improved next year.

OLJWales
12-27-2019, 03:56 PM

Insider info? Coming from the top I assume?

DogsofAnarchy
12-27-2019, 04:04 PM
2-3 before the bye means 2 losses to NCState, Tulane, or Arkansas. Add in a loss in the bowl and a home blowout with minimal fans in the stadium against A&M and it's the perfect recipe to fire him going into a bye week. If he can survive that with at least 3-2 I agree he won't get fired next year. Schedule is too easy. But to act like that pathetic of a start wouldn't do it right now? Naive.

Naive? Lol No you obviously have not been around MSU Administration types as much as I have. He will NOT be fired. No matter what his record is next year. Ok....maybe at 1-11...but that won’t happen.

DogsofAnarchy
12-27-2019, 04:05 PM
Insider info? Coming from the top I assume?

No. Just 35 years of watching MSU and living around Starkville. He will not be fired after having 1 losing season.

TrapGame
12-27-2019, 04:18 PM
Watch us lose to Arkansas next year. Watch this career OL coach turn out to be a better HC than Moorhead.

Turfdawg67
12-27-2019, 04:43 PM

If he loses the bowl game, we'll finish 6-7. So 2020 could be his second.

ETA... can't believe I'm commenting on another Shotgun started Bo Bounds (which I've never heard) thread.

Todd4State
12-27-2019, 05:09 PM
If enough boosters are mad at him next year will be his last. Although honestly it wouldn't shock me if the boosters have an about face after this incident plus a loss in the Music City Bowl.

See Rick Stansbury.

The boosters don't like stuff like this embarrassing MSU. Not to mention tutor gate.

TrapGame
12-27-2019, 05:52 PM
If enough boosters are mad at him next year will be his last. Although honestly it wouldn't shock me if the boosters have an about face after this incident plus a loss in the Music City Bowl.

See Rick Stansbury.

The boosters don't like stuff like this embarrassing MSU. Not to mention tutor gate.

It seems we have some boosters that get caught up in the moment. I won't be surprised if something happens after a loss in the MCB. Especially if we look unprepared and lazy. Telling everybody this is a business trip may come back to bite someone on the ass when we can't handle our business in the bowl.

Todd4State
12-27-2019, 06:27 PM
It seems we have some boosters that get caught up in the moment. I won't be surprised if something happens after a loss in the MCB. Especially if we look unprepared and lazy. Telling everybody this is a business trip may come back to bite someone on the ass when we can't handle our business in the bowl.

Maybe. I think we have some that probably think that firing somebody after two years is too soon. Some of our boosters are absolutely paranoid about getting rid of a coach and then he turns out like Orgeron.

defiantdog
12-27-2019, 07:07 PM
Y'all are ridiculous..... Bo really knows how to push some buttons on here.

dantheman4248
12-27-2019, 08:51 PM
Naive? Lol No you obviously have not been around MSU Administration types as much as I have. He will NOT be fired. No matter what his record is next year. Ok....maybe at 1-11...but that won?t happen.

You saw this past season. He was a piss and a miss away from being shown the door. An even worse showing next year to open the gate, he's got himself in hot water.

OLJWales
12-27-2019, 08:55 PM
wait until sports journalism has a field day for our bowl game. Maybe the Russians will pick up on it too.

DLGDawg
12-27-2019, 09:31 PM
Maybe. I think we have some that probably think that firing somebody after two years is too soon. Some of our boosters are absolutely paranoid about getting rid of a coach and then he turns out like Orgeron.

Maybe someone needs to inform/remind them that it took....what....15 years for Orgeron to turn into the coach/administrator he is now!!!!

Todd4State
12-27-2019, 10:22 PM
You saw this past season. He was a piss and a miss away from being shown the door. An even worse showing next year to open the gate, he's got himself in hot water.

And Joe played his trump card already. And now he has this embarrassing episode to add to his docket.

Todd4State
12-27-2019, 10:22 PM
Maybe someone needs to inform/remind them that it took....what....15 years for Orgeron to turn into the coach/administrator he is now!!!!

Just wait 13 more years guys!**

Cowbell
12-27-2019, 10:37 PM
Just wait 13 more years guys!**

I'm thinking a few years less since Joe speaks English**

RougeDawg
12-28-2019, 08:55 AM
You know, Joe can fix this real easy:

- put a competent team on the field every game

- Stop having things happen that reek of a lack of discipline, accountability, and respect within the program

So you are saying that a tiger needs to change his stripes?

Dawgfan77
12-28-2019, 09:08 AM
Joe is who he is. He will not change. Best we just move on from him

Indndawg
12-28-2019, 12:47 PM
Not good to be making posts like this. We need 100% of our fans rooting for a win. If the fight has made the AD reconsider Joe's fate, he should be fired even if we win.

If he needs firing then do it bc he deserves and has lost the team. Not losing to a team that shouldn't be bowling anyway.