PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought...

AugustaDawg
10-30-2013, 04:34 PM
This scenario is based off the current depth chart....

Will Redmond seems to me like he gets "IT". I don't know if anyone else has noticed but when he is in the game he is very involved pre snap putting other people in position. If he isn't going to get the start at CB I think he would make a damn good safety (for now). We need a sharp football savvy guy at safety that can be the "QB" of the defense.

Would also like to see us use Perkins more as a WR. Dude has a pair of hands. Can't deny that.

Thoughts?

preachermatt83
10-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Redmond should be starting somewhere no doubt.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2013, 04:41 PM
I agree that Redmond has seemed very instinctive in limited action. He is always around the ball. I would really like to see him at CB opposite Love, and Cox at Safety since he was a JUCO All American at safety anyway. With our youth in the secondary...there is no reason to not have Redmond and Cox on the field to start the game with Love.

As for Perk, I agree that he would be a great person to play in the slot on the opposite side of Jameon at times. Truthfully I don't think Perkins should play RB unless it is 2nd or 3rd and long, or as a pass catcher in the slot. Otherwise, we should have Robinson back there. Perkins is incredible at catching passes, and we need to take advantage of that more than we do.

TheRef
10-30-2013, 05:19 PM
I agree that Redmond has seemed very instinctive in limited action. He is always around the ball. I would really like to see him at CB opposite Love, and Cox at Safety since he was a JUCO All American at safety anyway. With our youth in the secondary...there is no reason to not have Redmond and Cox on the field to start the game with Love.

As for Perk, I agree that he would be a great person to play in the slot on the opposite side of Jameon at times. Truthfully I don't think Perkins should play RB unless it is 2nd or 3rd and long, or as a pass catcher in the slot. Otherwise, we should have Robinson back there. Perkins is incredible at catching passes, and we need to take advantage of that more than we do.

LP is good in the open field. He most definitely is not a between the tackles runner (even though CDM wants him to be). I agree that J-Rob or Shump should be in for the most part. But we all know what is going to happen.