PDA

View Full Version : If UL does beat us

Indndawg
12-26-2019, 03:08 PM
we gotta end this on going trainwreck right there. Fire Him. There will be fallout, but better now then down the road.

KOdawg1
12-26-2019, 03:13 PM
Won't happen. We had our chance on Thanksgiving night but we blew it because we have a "we are MSU" mentality.

StarkVegasSteve
12-26-2019, 03:18 PM
He's gonna be back in 2020. We had everything ready to go on Thanksgiving night and let him go into that press conference and dare us to do it. We should've called the bluff, instead we cowered and will have to wait 12 months to do it. Luckily for us, it looks like our guy will still be there.

Bothrops
12-26-2019, 03:21 PM
we gotta end this on going trainwreck right there. Fire Him. There will be fallout, but better now then down the road.

Won't happen. He's getting another year to prove himself. If he fails, he will be replaced. Just get over it.

KOdawg1
12-26-2019, 03:24 PM
He's gonna be back in 2020. We had everything ready to go on Thanksgiving night and let him go into that press conference and dare us to do it. We should've called the bluff, instead we cowered and will have to wait 12 months to do it. Luckily for us, it looks like our guy will still be there.

Yep. With another year of HC experience.

runwildjerious
12-26-2019, 03:31 PM
Won't happen. He's getting another year to prove himself. If he fails, he will be replaced. Just get over it.

If he fails??? Haha.

No. I cannot “get over” someone completely destroying the football program. Each week with this guy we are dumber, weaker (physically and mentally), and more frustrating to try to root for.

It is clear what should have been done and we blew it. Cohen has no guts and it is going to set us back big time.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2019, 03:40 PM
Won't happen. We had our chance on Thanksgiving night but we blew it because we have a "we are MSU" mentality.

Yep. We were thrilled with a bowl game and beating ole miss. And they thought the atmosphere showed we backed Mo

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Yep. With another year of HC experience.

What if "Our Guy" goes 4-8 next year?

PGHBulldogBG
12-26-2019, 04:32 PM
Who is this “our guy”? I can’t say there is anyone out there that impressive that isn’t at a G5 school or was at a lower tier school that hasn’t been taken unless we lure away Clawson from Wake

StarkVegasSteve
12-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Who is this “our guy”? I can’t say there is anyone out there that impressive that isn’t at a G5 school or was at a lower tier school that hasn’t been taken unless we lure away Clawson from Wake

Our guy seems like it was Billy Napier. And I don't think he goes 4-8. And the kicker is that next year could be really interesting in terms of the coaching carousel. Will be interesting to see what blue bloods like Texas and USC do as well as people like UCLA and Auburn. I mean if Tom Herman is let go at Texas, I believe we'd be fools to not make a run at him. Regardless of his Texas tenure, I still consider him to be a very bright mind and he's from that Urban Meyer tree that we'd have success with. Saying that, I don't think any of that happens. I think we'll be 4-8 next year and go get Napier.....12 months after we should've hired him.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 04:46 PM

The man you hire someone else. This isn't rocket science. And it's not like we're locked in on Napier no matter what.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-26-2019, 04:52 PM
The man you hire someone else. This isn't rocket science. And it's not like we're locked in on Napier no matter what.

This board is completely locked in on Napier. It's laughable to say otherwise

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 05:08 PM

It's laughable to suggest that we have a say in the matter. Or can't change if Napier flops next year.

KOdawg1
12-26-2019, 05:26 PM

We have more of a chance of going 12-0 than they do of 4-8, but if you must speak of unrealistic outcomes, then we'd hire someone else

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-26-2019, 06:03 PM

The board is locked into him because right now he seems like a a good coach and our best option. If ULL sucks next year or a better option emerges nobody will be locked in on him

OLJWales
12-26-2019, 06:12 PM

bettern' being locked in on SLOMO like some here are.

bobtail bob
12-26-2019, 08:49 PM

I planted those roses for you in the garden. You can never say I don't ever take you anywhere

FriarsPoint
12-26-2019, 11:22 PM
If? I fully expect to lose.

Bothrops
12-27-2019, 12:19 AM
If he fails??? Haha.

No. I cannot “get over” someone completely destroying the football program. Each week with this guy we are dumber, weaker (physically and mentally), and more frustrating to try to root for.

It is clear what should have been done and we blew it. Cohen has no guts and it is going to set us back big time.

Find something new to do with yourself.

OLJWales
12-27-2019, 09:04 PM

you too.

Johnson85
12-27-2019, 09:11 PM
If he fails??? Haha.

He’s not destroying the football program. He’s probably going to leave the next guy in better shape than Mullen left him. Not as far as for year one success, but as far as leaving a roster in good shape for the next few years. That is, unless the transfer rules reuslt in a lot of the team leaving over Christmas.

timotheus
12-27-2019, 09:15 PM
so johnson85 thinks that joe can coach up a 3* like previous coach did in some instances? bahahahahahaha!

Cowbell
12-27-2019, 09:48 PM
He’s not destroying the football program. He’s probably going to leave the next guy in better shape than Mullen left him. Not as far as for year one success, but as far as leaving a roster in good shape for the next few years. That is, unless the transfer rules reuslt in a lot of the team leaving over Christmas.

Fixing a culture will result in a depleted roster. That's the FACT that so many on here don't get.

Johnson85
12-27-2019, 10:46 PM
so johnson85 thinks that joe can coach up a 3* like previous coach did in some instances? bahahahahahaha!

No, but I think if a good coach comes in the players will respond, just like they did with Mullen.

DDawg
12-27-2019, 10:48 PM
Billy Napier is my lord and savior.

KOdawg1
12-27-2019, 11:29 PM
Billy Napier is my lord and savior.

He fits MSU better than Moorhead does

FriarsPoint
12-28-2019, 03:02 PM

That’s the new reality and the gamble you have to take when the obvious is staring you in the face.

runwildjerious
12-30-2019, 07:35 PM

Like I said...

parabrave
12-30-2019, 07:42 PM

wtf are you smoking. You and Liverpool must be having a circle jerk together

tireddawg
12-30-2019, 07:57 PM
wtf are you smoking. You and Liverpool must be having a circle jerk together

I've never smoked in a circle jerk. I'll have to try that.