PDA

View Full Version : You can't make this stuff up...

BogeyGolfer
12-26-2019, 12:41 PM
1. Moorhead is on the hot seat less than a month ago and is all but gone, new coaching candidates are contacted ( reportedly)
2. The Egg Bowl ends with an OM player acting like he is urinating on the field which leads to a victory.
3. Moorhead blasts the fan base telling them to go kick rocks and pound sand all while sitting behind the Egg Bowl trophy.
4. Moorhead all season long made excuses while telling the fan base that this was a rebuild and even alluded to the 2018 defense mockingly as the 85' Bears.
5. The media department leaves Moorhead out of it's clips and there are a few days that no one knows if he's coming back.
6. It is announced later that Joe is back, followed by an all out media blitz which includes Joe.
7. Sharder is announced the starter in the bowl game leading up to Bowl week.
8. After speculation and no word from the university, it is made public that the best player on offense and defense get in a fist fight causing the starting QB to miss the bowl game.

What's next??? I'm really at a loss for words at this point....

bluelightstar
12-26-2019, 12:45 PM
“Best player on offense” is a huge stretch, but otherwise true. We are going to regret not firing this joker on Friday after the Egg Bowl.

chef dixon
12-26-2019, 12:51 PM
“Best player on offense” is a huge stretch, but otherwise true. We are going to regret not firing this joker on Friday after the Egg Bowl.

Agreed. Shrader for some reason has this aura of some kind of rare talent by our fanbase. Yes he was a true freshman, but he also was not very good this year. I guess just relative to Joevester QB performances so far he looks like Joe Burrow.

Gutter Cobreh
12-26-2019, 12:58 PM
1. Moorehead is on the hot seat less than a month ago and is all but gone, new coaching candidates are contacted ( reportedly)
2. The Egg Bowl ends with an OM player acting like he is urinating on the field which leads to a victory.
3. Moorehead blasts the fan base telling them to go kick rocks and pound sand all while sitting behind the Egg Bowl trophy.
4. Moorehead all season long made excuses while telling the fan base that this was a rebuild and even alluded to the 2018 defense mockingly as the 85' Bears.
5. The media department leaves Moorehead out of it's clips and there are a few days that no one knows if he's coming back.
6. It is announced later that Joe is back, followed by an all out media blitz which includes Joe.
7. Sharder is announced the starter in the bowl game leading up to Bowl week.
8. After speculation and no word from the university, it is made public that the best player on offense and defense get in a fist fight causing the starting QB to miss the bowl game.

What's next??? I'm really at a loss for words at this point....

It's Moorhead, not Moorehead.

Agreed. Shrader for some reason has this aura of some kind of rare talent by our fanbase. Yes he was a true freshman, but he also was not very good this year. I guess just relative to Joevester QB performances so far he looks like Joe Burrow.

Did you not read the analytics that DeviousDawg posted a week or so ago? Stats show he played better against good teams, when compared to Tommy and Fitz.

bluelightstar
12-26-2019, 01:01 PM
As I recall, those stats weren’t controlled for the significant amount of garbage time we had this year.

BogeyGolfer
12-26-2019, 02:36 PM
As I recall, those stats weren?t controlled for the significant amount of garbage time we had this year.

I don't necessarily think that Garrett is the best player on offense, but he is top 3 or so...My point (s) still stand, and I fixed the spelling of Joe's name***

Goldendawg
12-26-2019, 02:37 PM
I don't necessarily think that Garrett is the best player on offense, but he is top 3 or so...My point (s) still stand, and I fixed the spelling of Joe's name***

You didn't correct his name. It is SloMo!*******

Bothrops
12-26-2019, 02:44 PM

Pretty good season for a true freshman QB at MSU, but he's a better football player than a QB right now. Hopefully he can develop into an SEC QB to match his football abilities.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-26-2019, 02:46 PM
Pretty good season for a true freshman QB at MSU, but he's a better football player than a QB right now. Hopefully he can develop into an SEC QB to match his football abilities.

He made a 4 read progression in the second half of the Egg Bowl that shows he has a chance to be special.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 03:06 PM
As I recall, those stats weren’t controlled for the significant amount of garbage time we had this year.

I'm tired of this garbage time bullshit. Tommy, Fitz, KT- hell Joe Burrow all play in garbage time some. Relatively speaking it cancels out.

bluelightstar
12-26-2019, 03:29 PM
I'm tired of this garbage time bullshit. Tommy, Fitz, KT- hell Joe Burrow all play in garbage time some. Relatively speaking it cancels out.

OK, you’re free to feel that way but it isn’t true. Our offense with Shrader generally could not move the ball against SEC teams until the game was well out of hand. Kentucky and Ole Miss are basically the only exceptions, and our offense died halfway through the Egg Bowl too.

MaroonFlounder
12-26-2019, 03:48 PM

Yeah. I wasn't aware that Kylin Hill was involved.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 03:50 PM
OK, you’re free to feel that way but it isn’t true. Our offense with Shrader generally could not move the ball against SEC teams until the game was well out of hand. Kentucky and Ole Miss are basically the only exceptions, and our offense died halfway through the Egg Bowl too.

Whatever makes you feel better even if analytics and statistics prove you wrong. I guess not beating K-State and Tennessee and having poor discipline is enough to make your point.

bluelightstar
12-26-2019, 03:57 PM
Whatever makes you feel better even if analytics and statistics prove you wrong. I guess not beating K-State and Tennessee and having poor discipline is enough to make your point.

I am always up for evidence to prove me wrong. Please point me to the stats that show our offense was effective while games were competitive.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 04:00 PM
I am always up for evidence to prove me wrong. Please point me to the stats that show our offense was effective while games were competitive.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?78630-Fitz-vs-Tommy-vs-Shrader-stats-vs-weak-strong-opponents&highlight=Devious

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-26-2019, 04:05 PM

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei/2019

This metric has our offense at #33. Opponent adjusted and removing garbage time possessions

bluelightstar
12-26-2019, 04:07 PM
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?78630-Fitz-vs-Tommy-vs-Shrader-stats-vs-weak-strong-opponents&highlight=Devious

Nothing in that thread makes that point... At the risk of further de-railing this thread, we should probably agree to disagree.

bluelightstar
12-26-2019, 04:08 PM

This metric has our offense at #33. Opponent adjusted and removing garbage time possessions

Thanks, will take a look at this.

Bubb Rubb
12-26-2019, 04:16 PM

Yeah, any metric anywhere that has our offense ranked above "shitshow" has an agenda tied to it. It proves that there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-26-2019, 04:20 PM
Yeah, any metric anywhere that has our offense ranked above "shitshow" has an agenda tied to it. It proves that there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Sounds like you're the one with an agenda. Considering you're arguing with an algorithm.

BeastMan
12-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Willie Gay gets ejected in the first quarter for targeting would be what you’re looking for lmao

Coach34
12-26-2019, 06:35 PM

agreed Bubb

We had 7 points against LSU until the last drive of the game
We had 7 points against Tenn until the last drive of the game
We scored 7 points against Bama
A&M had us 28-10 at half and 42-17 at the end of 3.
Auburn had us 42-9 at half

Nothing in those games screams #33 in the country on offense. That's not agenda- that is just straight facts

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-26-2019, 06:59 PM
agreed Bubb

We had 7 points against LSU until the last drive of the game
We had 7 points against Tenn until the last drive of the game
We scored 7 points against Bama
A&M had us 28-10 at half and 42-17 at the end of 3.
Auburn had us 42-9 at half

Nothing in those games screams #33 in the country on offense. That's not agenda- that is just straight facts

Reading through it a little, I assume we're being propped by it saying we have the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation