PDA

View Full Version : Hey Joe/Cohen: I'm Embarrassed

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 10:25 AM
Our current football situation reminds me of the end of the Stans era.

This is embarrassing.

The culture has become rotten based on the actions within the program.

How can you expect fans to support a program where Murphy's Law has seemingly been put in full effect?

CLEAN IT UP!

TrapGame
12-26-2019, 10:49 AM
Well, Joe said he was gonna change the culture.

MetEdDawg
12-26-2019, 10:56 AM
Some on here were championing this fight early on. Said it showed toughness and that the team was bought in to being tough and this game meaning something.

Now the narrative has changed and the program is trashy and we need to clean it up.

Y'all need to figure out your marching orders so you don't look so disorganized when trying to figure out what you're talking about.

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 10:58 AM
Some on here were championing this fight early on. Said it showed toughness and that the team was bought in to being tough and this game meaning something.

Now the narrative has changed and the program is trashy and we need to clean it up.

Y'all need to figure out your marching orders so you don't look so disorganized when trying to figure out what you're talking about.

You apparently didn't read my later post in that thread where I took that back once more information came to light.

msbulldog
12-26-2019, 11:00 AM
Damn, damn, just dammit, let's all just get together for the good of our school!

BogeyGolfer
12-26-2019, 11:01 AM

We have issues and it's easy to see on the field and now it's starting to show off the field....the two go hand in hand....

MetEdDawg
12-26-2019, 11:23 AM
You apparently didn't read my later post in that thread where I took that back once more information came to light.

Doesn't matter. You can take it back all you want to. The problem is the initial jump without any knowledge or information at all. That's what this board has become.

A bunch of arm chair QBs making snap judgments on crap they don't know about, then getting all worked up when someone disagrees with them, then taking it personally.

Then you get people trying to win the dick measuring contest by posting the third and fourth hand information they get. Post it as fact, then go about your business. I would think one of the most read MSU pages would have a little more decorum and class when it came to putting stuff out there. We have too many people posting too many different things they can't physically verify or don't witness. So we post shit, someone contradicts it because they know for a fact it didn't happen this way, then we bitch at each other back and forth trying to see who's more wrong.

Board has really declined in this way over the last month and a half.

PMDawg
12-26-2019, 11:25 AM

This is embarrassing.

How can you expect fans to support a program where Murphy's Law has seemingly been put in full effect?

CLEAN IT UP!

What about Willie? He's been nothing but a cancer in 2019.

DownwardDawg
12-26-2019, 11:31 AM
I’m embarrassed too. I just read the article that was sent to my email. We are an embarrassment of a football program.

Goldendawg
12-26-2019, 11:46 AM
I was embarrassed watching the offensive clown show at KY last year. It's hard to stay embarrassed at all the on and off the field situations since then. It is now our culture under Jo. Get used to it.

DogsofAnarchy
12-26-2019, 11:50 AM

This is embarrassing.

CLEAN IT UP!

I am being patient. Joe Moorhead has something else to fix now. The culture that he has brought with him is not the successful culture established here over the last decade. I am sticking to my story, you will see NO changes in this staff unless the coaches leave voluntarily. You will also not see the critical changes that need to take place to be a better team.

I will also say this, people knew about the incident DAYS before MSU released any information about it. MSU downplayed the incident until it got out to the public so much that they had to say something. I guarantee you that you haven’t heard the last of the repercussions from this.

And now for something new, a lot of you are saying Joe has to win next year or he will be gone. Ive been around MSU for 40 years and next year doesn’t matter, it’s the year after next. If he loses next year and we look like the pile of steaming dog shit that we do now, he will still get another year. You heard it here first.

IMissJack
12-26-2019, 11:51 AM
I am paying my Bulldog Club pledge for 2019 this week. If I pledge anything in 2020 it will be significantly less than '19. The administration basically flipped the fanbase the bird three weeks ago so now they can deal with this crapshow.

Coursesuper
12-26-2019, 11:52 AM
Typical of things these days.

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 11:56 AM
Doesn't matter. You can take it back all you want to. The problem is the initial jump without any knowledge or information at all. That's what this board has become.

A bunch of arm chair QBs making snap judgments on crap they don't know about, then getting all worked up when someone disagrees with them, then taking it personally.

Then you get people trying to win the dick measuring contest by posting the third and fourth hand information they get. Post it as fact, then go about your business. I would think one of the most read MSU pages would have a little more decorum and class when it came to putting stuff out there. We have too many people posting too many different things they can't physically verify or don't witness. So we post shit, someone contradicts it because they know for a fact it didn't happen this way, then we bitch at each other back and forth trying to see who's more wrong.

Then stop reading it. No one is forcing you here

Liverpooldawg
12-26-2019, 11:57 AM

Excellent post.

MetEdDawg
12-26-2019, 12:11 PM

Correct. But since I get to choose what I do, I'll stay. But it's also common for folks getting called out to tell others to leave if they don't like it. Like I'm stupid or something and don't realize I don't have to read?

You sir are one of, if not the worst offender of everything I stated. Your schtick gets tiring.

Quaoarsking
12-26-2019, 12:17 PM
And now for something new, a lot of you are saying Joe has to win next year or he will be gone. Ive been around MSU for 40 years and next year doesn?t matter, it?s the year after next. If he loses next year and we look like the pile of steaming dog shit that we do now, he will still get another year. You heard it here first.

That's just not an attitude that can be supported by recent history. A whole lot of coaches could have easily gotten "another year" in the last 15 years or so but didn't:

Sylvester Croom, Ron Polk, Rick Stansbury, Rick Ray, Vann Stuedemann, Jay Miller, a long list of women's soccer and volleyball coaches, etc.

There's just lots of examples of MSU firing coaches when they still have support and/or could have reasonably expected to get another year.

AmiteDog
12-26-2019, 12:24 PM
Correct. But since I get to choose what I do, I'll stay. But it's also common for folks getting called out to tell others to leave if they don't like it. Like I'm stupid or something and don't realize I don't have to read?

You sir are one of, if not the worst offender of everything I stated. Your schtick gets tiring.

But once we get the Home Depot shed over Davis Wade, thousands of fans will flock back to the games and everything will be alright!

Leroy Jenkins
12-26-2019, 12:27 PM
I am being patient. Joe Moorhead has something else to fix now. The culture that he has brought with him is not the successful culture established here over the last decade. I am sticking to my story, you will see NO changes in this staff unless the coaches leave voluntarily. You will also not see the critical changes that need to take place to be a better team.

I will also say this, people knew about the incident DAYS before MSU released any information about it. MSU downplayed the incident until it got out to the public so much that they had to say something. I guarantee you that you haven’t heard the last of the repercussions from this.

And now for something new, a lot of you are saying Joe has to win next year or he will be gone. Ive been around MSU for 40 years and next year doesn’t matter, it’s the year after next. If he loses next year and we look like the pile of steaming dog shit that we do now, he will still get another year. You heard it here first.

40 years ago football at MSU wasn't the multi-million dollar investment it is now.... you can't compare expectations now to what they were pre-SEC TV welfare money.

Rex54
12-26-2019, 12:30 PM
The MOST embarrassing thing in this latest fiasco would be for Willie to suit up and play in Nashville. And that?s exactly what?s being reported is going to happen.

What a colossal disaster JM and JC have turned this program into.

chef dixon
12-26-2019, 12:38 PM
Imagine actually feeling personal embarrassment about the actions of people you don't even know and you have no control over

NCDawg
12-26-2019, 12:46 PM
I was embarrassed watching the offensive clown show at KY last year. It's hard to stay embarrassed at all the on and off the field situations since then. It is now our culture under Jo. Get used to it.

I agree. The Kentucky game last year revealed to me that Moorhead is over his head coaching in this league. We were undiciplined, unorganized, and were not ready to play.

Dawgology
12-26-2019, 02:00 PM
Imagine actually feeling personal embarrassment about the actions of people you don't even know and you have no control over

I think the embarrassment stems from these people representing our university. My alma mater. I would hope that as a State fan you would take some pride when your university has a great accomplishment whether on the field or in academics. It would stand to reason, then, that if your university fails miserably at something or really screws something up and becomes a laughing stock that you would feel some sense of embarrassment or shame over that fact.

yjnkdawg
12-26-2019, 02:07 PM

Another vote for this being an excellent post.

LC Dawg
12-26-2019, 02:33 PM

I'm sure you'll get some shit for this but it's all true. And for those with the advice "don't read it then" that is exactly what I'm doing. I read much less than I used to and post even less. I'm sure there are others in the same boat. It's disappointing because I used to really enjoy the board.

Dawgface
12-26-2019, 02:44 PM
The MOST embarrassing thing in this latest fiasco would be for Willie to suit up and play in Nashville. And that?s exactly what?s being reported is going to happen.

What a colossal disaster JM and JC have turned this program into.

Agree. Will be interesting to see if Gay will actually play after this.

Bothrops
12-26-2019, 02:50 PM
If he loses next year and we look like the pile of steaming dog shit that we do now, he will still get another year. You heard it here first.

No he won't.

deadheaddawg
12-26-2019, 03:06 PM

This is embarrassing.

CLEAN IT UP!

the majority of the fanbase is actually embarrassed by people like you. That have 20,000 post on message board and 19,000 of them are you talking out your ass about how great team in fighting is.

You are the embarrassment. Get out of your mom's basement for a change

People like you just so in front of this boards trying to be the first to chime in on EVERYTHING. Before info is actually out. It hurts the program and makes you look foolish

CadaverDawg
12-26-2019, 03:28 PM
I'm done with MSU football until the head clown in charge is gone. Didn't read this thread, and it has nothing to do with any fight....I just know Joe ain't the guy. Everything happening under his "leadership" is moot, because we aren't going to win shit under him anyway. Who cares who QB's, plays LB, whatever. It's a mess

chef dixon
12-26-2019, 03:50 PM
I think the embarrassment stems from these people representing our university. My alma mater. I would hope that as a State fan you would take some pride when your university has a great accomplishment whether on the field or in academics. It would stand to reason, then, that if your university fails miserably at something or really screws something up and becomes a laughing stock that you would feel some sense of embarrassment or shame over that fact.

I get that's how some people perceive it, I just don't understand it. No one on a day to day basis judges me professionally because of my degree based on what Willie Gay or anyone else at MSU has ever done. I have never encountered that from a reasonable person. If they do, then they have their own insecurities and issues to deal with.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 03:55 PM
I get that's how some people perceive it, I just don't understand it. No one on a day to day basis judges me professionally because of my degree based on what Willie Gay or anyone else at MSU has ever done. I have never encountered that from a reasonable person. If they do, then they have their own insecurities and issues to deal with.

Doesn't make it any less embarrassing honestly.

Lord McBuckethead
12-26-2019, 07:39 PM
Hell I want Gay tonplay and have 8 sacks and 3 picks with 24 solo tackles.
Some of you need to get off your high horse. Shit happens. People run their mouth and get punched. Maybe just maybe it was justified. Maybe this is what Shrader needs. Who knows. Either you spell it out what exactly happened, or I will take this equal to all those rumors about Moorhead you all spouted off about hours before the egg bowl. They were bullshit, just like running down Willie Gay.

chef dixon
12-26-2019, 07:56 PM
Some of you need to get off your high horse. Shit happens. People run their mouth and get punched. Maybe just maybe it was justified. Maybe this is what Shrader needs. Who knows. Either you spell it out what exactly happened, or I will take this equal to all those rumors about Moorhead you all spouted off about hours before the egg bowl. They were bullshit, just like running down Willie Gay.

Agreed. We have had a lot of people on a few message boards show their ass over this. Outrage culture is the world we live in.

RocketDawg
12-26-2019, 07:59 PM

Exactly.

Rex54
12-26-2019, 08:54 PM

Maybe Willie needed to be talked to “hey why don’t you stop cheating in chemistry and getting thrown out of games”

MetEdDawg
12-26-2019, 08:58 PM

The players agree. They've come out in droves on Twitter telling people to not talk about things they don't know about and that disagreements and fights are just part of football. Which they are.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 09:24 PM

Can Gay play quarterback too?

Jack Lambert
12-26-2019, 09:35 PM
Can Gay play quarterback too?

He would be the fastest QB on our team.

TheLostDawg
12-26-2019, 09:43 PM
Did Gay have to write a letter about his feelings before and after the punch and then do a essay on self refection and where he plans to be in four years?

ScottH
12-26-2019, 10:35 PM
One thing that's become clear. Much to my surprise, Moorhead is more of an Alpha than Cohen and Keenum. He has damn sure gotten his way. Kick rocks, pound sand and all.

He's the one 17'ing the goat, they are just holding it's head.

KB21
12-26-2019, 10:55 PM
The players agree. They've come out in droves on Twitter telling people to not talk about things they don't know about and that disagreements and fights are just part of football. Which they are.

It’s not surprising to me that those who support Joe Moorhead continuing to run the program into the ground don’t have an issue with what happened. This team has no discipline. This is an example of that, and that lack of discipline comes from the top.

DeputyDawg94
12-26-2019, 11:24 PM

If a State player fake pissed in a game and cost us chance at the win would you be embarrassed then? Hell, I was embarrassed (and pissed) when 8 did it a national tv because like it or not it was a representation of our state ( I guess you are from MS) and it in fact was an embarrassment.

ETA I don’t give one shit about the fight. I’m a firm believer that we all at some point in our lives need a good old fashioned ass whooping. Notice I said we. Now, I’ll agree you should probably stop short of knocking your starting QB out of a ballgame, but IF GS needed what he got then so be it. Hopefully this will be the straw that gets coach loud mouth told he can kick rocks.
Now, speaking from experience, I’m in law enforcement. Lots of type A alpha dogs in this business. I got into an all out brawl in a public place with a co-worker. We beat the crap out of each other over a stupid argument. Literally 20 minutes later we were over it because we knew we were on the same team fighting for the same cause. Still friends to this day and went into multiple bad situations with him having my back and me having his. I wouldn’t be surprised if GS and WG have talked this out and are good.

bobtail bob
12-26-2019, 11:30 PM
I have to fraternize with alumni from other SEC schools and to a man they all see jughead for the lazy blowhard that he is . It's hard not to be embarrassed .

Cowbell
12-27-2019, 12:15 AM
If a State player fake pissed in a game and cost us chance at the win would you be embarrassed then? Hell, I was embarrassed (and pissed) when 8 did it a national tv because like it or not it was a representation of our state ( I guess you are from MS) and it in fact was an embarrassment.

ETA I don’t give one shit about the fight. I’m a firm believer that we all at some point in our lives need a good old fashioned ass whooping. Notice I said we. Now, I’ll agree you should probably stop short of knocking your starting QB out of a ballgame, but IF GS needed what he got then so be it. Hopefully this will be the straw that gets coach loud mouth told he can kick rocks.
Now, speaking from experience, I’m in law enforcement. Lots of type A alpha dogs in this business. I got into an all out brawl in a public place with a co-worker. We beat the crap out of each other over a stupid argument. Literally 20 minutes later we were over it because we knew we were on the same team fighting for the same cause. Still friends to this day and went into multiple bad situations with him having my back and me having his. I wouldn’t be surprised if GS and WG have talked this out and are good.

The sad part is they don't have a coach that will speak up and bring out out in the open to make everyone else realize that

Cooterpoot
12-27-2019, 08:06 AM
I'm glad Willie is playing. I don't care about a damn fight at a practice field. I'm more embarrassed by our fans. Some of you make Jo look like the genius Cohen said he was. It's far more pathetic than anything I've seen on the field this year.

Cowbell
12-27-2019, 08:29 AM
I'm glad Willie is playing. I don't care about a damn fight at a practice field. I'm more embarrassed by our fans. Some of you make Jo look like the genius Cohen said he was. It's far more pathetic than anything I've seen on the field this year.

And what led our fans to act this way us the fact our leadership did not handle this correctly and nip it in the bud.

Todd4State
12-27-2019, 09:56 AM
It’s not surprising to me that those who support Joe Moorhead continuing to run the program into the ground don’t have an issue with what happened. This team has no discipline. This is an example of that, and that lack of discipline comes from the top.

Exactly. Why do we have to give Joe more time to see if he will "learn"? Or turn it around? We sure as hell didn't give Cann that chance in baseball. Why do football coaches get five years to screw up before we do something? This is why MSU football historically fails.

Cowbell
12-27-2019, 10:04 AM
Exactly. Why do we have to give Joe more time to see if he will "learn"? Or turn it around? We sure as hell didn't give Cann that chance in baseball. Why do football coaches get five years to screw up before we do something? This is why MSU football historically fails.

Yeah you think we would learn our lesson from the last Sherrill years, Recardo Sidney, and Cann. But no...

RezDog7
12-27-2019, 10:33 AM
I hope a lot of y'all are not coming to Nashville. Y'all are some miserable son of a bitches. You are letting a football team of 18-22 yo's control your life. I'm going to Nashville to have a good time...and watch football. I'll be dammed if I'm gonna let a football game determine how much fun I'm going to have. Y'all sound like my wife on her three week period.

gravedigger
12-27-2019, 12:14 PM

Likewise, if you are so embarrassed, pick another set of fans to make miserable

NCDawg
12-27-2019, 01:30 PM
The sad part is they don't have a coach that will speak up and bring out out in the open to make everyone else realize that

It would be nice if Moorhead came out and said what actually happened, what the current situation is, and what he will try to do to not have that happen again. I note that none of the press asked him what happened-which is typical for the press.

QuadrupleOption
12-28-2019, 01:17 PM
I don't give a shit about a fight in practice. It happens all the time, everywhere. All y'all clutching at your pearls like a bunch of old women, spouting bullshit on message boards and Twitter like high school girls, and stomping your little feet demanding that everyone in the MSU Athletic Department answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION ABOUT ALL THE THING EVAR are a far worse embarrassment that anything Schrader or Gay have done to this point.

Practice fights happen all the damn time. Get the **** over it. Jesus.

Lord McBuckethead
12-28-2019, 08:21 PM
I don't give a shit about a fight in practice. It happens all the time, everywhere. All y'all clutching at your pearls like a bunch of old women, spouting bullshit on message boards and Twitter like high school girls, and stomping your little feet demanding that everyone in the MSU Athletic Department answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION ABOUT ALL THE THING EVAR are a far worse embarrassment that anything Schrader or Gay have done to this point.

Exactly. Grow a 17n pair. Shit I kind of want to punch Shrader in the face for having such a weak ass Eye Socket.

DeputyDawg94
12-28-2019, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=QuadrupleOption;1204868]I don't give a shit about a fight in practice. It happens all the time, everywhere. All y'all clutching at your pearls like a bunch of old women, spouting bullshit on message boards and Twitter like high school girls, and stomping your little feet demanding that everyone in the MSU Athletic Department answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION ABOUT ALL THE THING EVAR are a far worse embarrassment that anything Schrader or Gay have done to this point.

I agree to a point. I don’t care who started the fight or who ended it. Fans don’t need to know everything that goes on inside the program, but a little transparency would do Joe some good. The absence of accurate information leaves a vacuum that will get filled with false information. That can be easily stopped.
For instance if GS was actually suspended for the Upig game then why not just say it? There would be no flase info floating around about it and other players could see that if they screw up it’s not getting covered up. It might actually improve some of the accountability problems that this team has.

Dawgology
12-28-2019, 11:14 PM

Exactly! I’ve seen so many starting SEC QB’s get their eye crushed in practice during a fist fight that I’ve lost count! It’s the sign of a mentally sharp team!

QuadrupleOption
12-29-2019, 11:46 PM
Exactly! I’ve seen so many starting SEC QB’s get their eye crushed in practice during a fist fight that I’ve lost count! It’s the sign of a mentally sharp team!

Fights happen in football practice in every football program at all levels in this country. The only thing the coaching staff needs to do is get some boxing gloves so these guys don't tear each other up from now on.