PDA

View Full Version : Starkvillains - Chapter 22 - "A Dish Served Gold"- Fitz

Goldendawg
12-26-2019, 01:20 AM
My son bought "Starkvillains" for me for Christmas at the MSU Barnes and Noble before the Eggbowl. I wanted to put off reading it until Christmas Day, although I did read the 1st three chapters before today. I just finished it and it is a great read for all MSU fans. Anyone who is satisfied with our great 6-6 season and the win over UM that seems by some to have made everything ok for the year needs to especially read Chapter 22, page 266 (last page of the book) and Nick's take on goals and the EGG. He's got it 100% right for the present and our future. Hail Nick and thanks for all you for all you have done for MSU! Hail State!

msbulldog
12-26-2019, 05:57 AM
I pre-ordered the book and have already finished. Every Bulldog should read this great book.

Turfdawg67
12-26-2019, 02:13 PM
Interesting... thanks for the input. I may just buy it now. I was quite disappointed in Steve's 1st book.

Goldendawg
12-26-2019, 02:35 PM
Interesting... thanks for the input. I may just buy it now. I was quite disappointed in Steve's 1st book.

Every chapter was great. I am a hardcore State Fan and read it about straight through along with a book gifted to me Christmas Eve breaking down every album of AC/DC by Martin Popoff. I will be a 65 year old Dawg in April and had memories of each person and story except a couple. BTW Nick thinks a win over MSU in an otherwise bad year is no longer enough. We should be much better than that at this point. Hail State!

KOdawg1
12-26-2019, 02:53 PM
This book isn't about Ole Miss like the first one was. Lots of great stories from Bulldog greats

Dawg_Lover
12-26-2019, 04:46 PM
Oh just great .... said I was going to slow down adding to my overstocked library, and now I gotta go buy another book.

Oh, okay. :)

BeardoMSU
12-26-2019, 04:55 PM
This book isn't about Ole Miss like the first one was. Lots of great stories from Bulldog greats

Isn't it all about the EB rivalry, though? It's part of the title, right?

KOdawg1
12-26-2019, 05:29 PM

Yes, but it's pro-MSU rather than anti-OM if that makes sense.

Goldendawg
12-26-2019, 05:32 PM

Not just the Egg Bowl. Also stories about beating UM in baseball, women's basketball, pranks pulled by MSU students on UM, and even UM causing the death of one of our Bullys after a "dognapping". Two of our students (names are now out) keeping the Egg hidden to get our victories engraved without a forfeit * by UM in the Tyler years. Great read, great stories. He plans a volume two and I look forward to it. Hail State!

Leroy Jenkins
12-26-2019, 06:00 PM
I can't contribute monetarily to..... well, him.

Turfdawg67
12-26-2019, 06:13 PM
I can't contribute monetarily to..... well, him.

That's cool... I'll buy two.