PDA

View Full Version : Shrader Out for Bowl Game

jwells
12-26-2019, 12:11 AM
Garrett Shrader will miss the bowl game against Louisville with an orbital fracture.

Quaoarsking
12-26-2019, 12:15 AM
OK, I'll go place a bet for him to be MVP.

Cowbell
12-26-2019, 12:16 AM
Garrett Shrader will miss the bowl game against Louisville with an orbital fracture.

Are you just trying to improve your accuracy percentage?!

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 12:33 AM
Paul Jones is saying the same thing.

cheewgumm
12-26-2019, 12:57 AM
Who plays QB of Stevens gets hurt? That?s the question.

Scared_Hitless
12-26-2019, 01:01 AM
This is prob the most MSU thing of all time. Now for the future I assume we ask Willie to move on? Does Schrader transfer at this point? He has to feel like he got a bill of bad goods coming here. Also start KT in the bowl we will need a spark if not I got a feeling we get blown out.

cheewgumm
12-26-2019, 01:06 AM
I don?t think there is any way KT plays. What if plays and we crush them and score 60? Wouldn?t the response be ?why has he been on the bench all year??

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
12-26-2019, 01:09 AM
I don't like to call out players but Willie Gay!! Thanks for all of your selfish ass ways for the 2019 Season! All of us fans who spent lots of money on season tickets didn't get to see the best players play because of you and other players cheating.. Now yet again we the fans get screwed by your selfish ways! Hope you enjoy your all expense paid vacation which you don't deserve after the miserable 2019 season!!! Smh pitiful and sad!!

MetEdDawg
12-26-2019, 01:11 AM
I don't like to call out players but Willie Gay!! Thanks for all of your selfish ass ways for the 2019 Season! All of us fans who spent lots of money on season tickets didn't get to see the best players play because of you and other players cheating.. Now yet again we the fans get screwed by your selfish ways! Hope you enjoy your all expense paid vacation which you don't deserve after the miserable 2019 season!!! Smh pitiful and sad!!

According to some on here, Gay is clearly a team leader. Does anyone else find that odd that a guy that punched our QB and fractured his eye and got suspended for 8 games for cheating in a class is dubbed as a leader on our team?

He wasn't voted a leader but apparently he is one. Doesn't make sense.

BhamDawg205
12-26-2019, 01:14 AM
I don?t think there is any way KT plays. What if plays and we crush them and score 60? Wouldn?t the response be ?why has he been on the bench all year??

That would mean Joe was wrong.... And we know Gurus always get it right. Joe's history has shown, he places more importance on how you look in practice vs live games.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 01:15 AM
According to some on here, Gay is clearly a team leader. Does anyone else find that odd that a guy that punched our QB and fractured his eye and got suspended for 8 games for cheating in a class is dubbed as a leader on our team?

I'll say this and leave it at that. Certain players need to leave for us to clean up our culture. Yeah Joe is to blame for sure. I'm not excusing him at all. But the players should know better too. Some don't support him and they need to move on. I don't care if they're right or not they need to support the program.

Same thing happened when Cohen was the baseball coach so if anything Joe has a sympathizer in the most important spot in the AD.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 01:17 AM
That would mean Joe was wrong.... And we know Gurus always get it right. Joe's history has shown, he places more importance on how you look in practice vs live games.

Well KT hasn't been an angel either. Tommy has probably been the one that has behaved the best so great he gets to start like he deserves I guess.

NCDawg
12-26-2019, 01:21 AM
This is prob the most MSU thing of all time. Now for the future I assume we ask Willie to move on? Does Schrader transfer at this point? He has to feel like he got a bill of bad goods coming here. Also start KT in the bowl we will need a spark if not I got a feeling we get blown out.

That's a hell of a note. Guy was one of the best QB's in North Carolina, if not the best, and this happens to him. He came to State because he and his family liked Moorhead. I'll bet he regrets signing with State and that he transfers. Can't say that I blame him if that is his decision.

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 01:22 AM
Well KT hasn't been an angel either. Tommy has probably been the one that has behaved the best so great he gets to start like he deserves I guess.

????? Tommy deserves to start because he's been a model citizen? This isn't YMCA sports.

BhamDawg205
12-26-2019, 01:23 AM

Not one of us were there when it happened... Not one of us are there daily. Heck Stevens was voted in and not sure his leadership has shined either. No one on the message board thinks Gay is a model citizen, but apparently his teammates chose him. Whether it's his work ethic ( football) or on the field, the defense feeds off him. Can't say the same about Stevens even though he was voted in.

defiantdog
12-26-2019, 01:28 AM
I've seen neglected children show more discipline than this football team.

HancockCountyDog
12-26-2019, 01:30 AM
Paul Jones is saying the same thing.

This is ridiculous.

BhamDawg205
12-26-2019, 01:31 AM
I've seen neglected children show more discipline than this football team.

Yep coaches left a leadership vacuum... Now the program is in disarray. It's probably gonna take a change a the top to fix this rot.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 01:38 AM
????? Tommy deserves to start because he's been a model citizen? This isn't YMCA sports.

Then why does KT deserve to start? Most people advocating for him to start for reasons only slightly above YMCA level in my opinion. It sure as he'll isn't because he has performed the best. And it's not because he has behaved the best.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 01:41 AM
Yep coaches left a leadership vacuum... Now the program is in disarray. It's probably gonna take a change a the top to fix this rot.

Maybe. It also may change once certain players move on. If I'm Joe at this point I hold a meeting with each class of players and tell them to buy in or leave. And if they want to leave that's fine. Then again I might be a better leader than Joe.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 01:43 AM
That's a hell of a note. Guy was one of the best QB's in North Carolina, if not the best, and this happens to him. He came to State because he and his family liked Moorhead. I'll bet he regrets signing with State and that he transfers. Can't say that I blame him if that is his decision.

Transfer to where? Odds are Gay is gone next year and Moorhead is still around.

BhamDawg205
12-26-2019, 01:56 AM
Maybe. It also may change once certain players move on. If I'm Joe at this point I hold a meeting with each class of players and tell them to buy in or leave. And if they want to leave that's fine. Then again I might be a better leader than Joe.

Program seems preCroom era. Croom had his disciplinary problems, but he left it better than he inherited. And Mullen for Joe. If Joe can't fix it in 2020, hopefully whoever the AD is finds a someone who can fix this Cluster Fk

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 03:00 AM
Program seems preCroom era. Croom had his disciplinary problems, but he left it better than he inherited. And Mullen for Joe. If Joe can't fix it in 2020, hopefully whoever the AD is finds a someone who can fix this Cluster Fk

Agree. Except we're still better than the Croom era. But not as good as we should be. Joe better lay down the law in 2020. At any rate I don't understand players not buying in. I just don't see the benefit of it. They're just hurting everyone including themselves.

By next year Joe will have three of his classes in. Meaning most of the team will be his players. If they can't produce it's not on them. We need to win 9 games next year.

MarketingBully
12-26-2019, 05:39 AM
Gay needs to be gone period. How many chances can you give a guy? He should have been on thin ice as is. Now this? This is ludicrous.

BhamDawg205
12-26-2019, 06:00 AM
Gay needs to be gone period. How many chances can you give a guy? He should have been on thin ice as is. Now this? This is ludicrous.

Let's be honest most talented athletes, whether pop Warner or NFL get way more chances then us regular folks. Now real life I was in Gay's shoes, if true, while serving in the Marines. A fellow Marine, use the word loosely, called me a N-word. I don't used the word. This guy I may one day be in a foxhole with, just told me I was a lesser man than he. Didn't matter if it was spelled with a ga or ger, he wore an ass whooping that day. Words do hurt and words do matter. If Schrader said what is alleged, he deserved. I hate the outcome. Both may have to deal with the consequences of the day. Schrader if he said how will current or future teammates, if he transfer, treat him. Gay how will future NFL GMs look at his antics , on the field and off.

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 06:01 AM

So should Shrader for his choice of words. Once he used the racial slur and started fighting it's called a hate crime. Losing the fight doesn't make him a victim.

Rex54
12-26-2019, 06:13 AM
So should Shrader for his choice of words. Once he used the racial slur and started fighting it's called a hate crime. Losing the fight doesn't make him a victim.

Can we get a ban-hammer on this guy?

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 06:39 AM

A hammer ban became I'm laying the blame and reality on both? Stop crying because my opinion is different from yours. It's the reality. Both players are at a dangerous crossroad.

Indndawg
12-26-2019, 06:43 AM
Joe wanted a change in culture.

We got it.

Fightgate
Tutorgate
Softnessgate
Unpreparedgate

MrKotter
12-26-2019, 07:16 AM
+1

msstate7
12-26-2019, 07:27 AM
Joe wanted a change in culture.

We got it.

Fightgate
Tutorgate
Softnessgate
Unpreparedgate

How dumb does our AD look now? An OM player acting a fool on the field quite possibly is the only reason we still have joe. Now the clown show clowns on

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 07:41 AM

Culture problems are usually associated with a team leader that doesn't project good values. It's great to have Willie Gays on the team but they can't be a leader. And shame on the other players for following someone like that.

People talk about Willie going to the NFL right now. LOL. He ain't nowhere mature enough to handle that league right now and what GM is going to take him in the first 5 rounds with his recent issues?

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 07:43 AM

Ridiculous post. Have more pride in your school than this loser BS

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 07:48 AM

Do you typically call people racist without hard evidence of them doing something racist?

Think about what your doing here and how incredibly unfair that is Shrader or anyone else that is accused of such without hard evidence.

You can read between the lines all you want, but without hard evidence it's incredibly wrong to call someone a racist.

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 07:56 AM
Do you typically call people racist without hard evidence of them doing something racist?

Think about what your doing here and how incredibly unfair that is Shrader or anyone else that is accused of such without hard evidence.

You can read between the lines all you want, but without hard evidence it's incredibly wrong to call someone a racist.

I'm done speaking on the situation. While I don't have admin connections within the upper tier at MSU I have plenty on the player level. All I'm saying is both are at fault and blaming one over the other is ludacris. I've spoken with players regarding the situation and know. I also never called him a racist. I leveled the field regarding the situation. It doesn't impact me one way or the other. Moorehead will do what he feels is best for his team.

fader2103
12-26-2019, 07:59 AM
I am not blaming either one right now why because I don't know all the facts. One thing that nobody is looking at is why Gay isn't suspended for breaking a bone in a teammate. I think that means that Schrader was just as much to blame as Gay. Also it could of been just one lucky punch that broke the bone not like Gay had him pinned down whooping him like a good ole Ralphie beat down Christmas Story type. Yes I am pissed about how Gay has been this year and it needs to be addressed but I don't want him gone because of it yet.

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 08:01 AM
I'm done speaking on the situation. While I don't have admin connections within the upper tier at MSU I have plenty on the player level. All I'm saying is both are at fault and blaming one over the other is ludacris. I've spoken with players regarding the situation and know. I also never called him a racist. I leveled the field regarding the situation. It doesn't impact me one way or the other. Moorehead will do what he feels is best for his team.

Seemed like you were calling him a racist without any hard evidence of such. That label can ruin people lives. I wouldn't be so loose with it.

Maroonthirteen
12-26-2019, 08:02 AM
Let's be honest most talented athletes, whether pop Warner or NFL get way more chances then us regular folks. Now real life I was in Gay's shoes, if true, while serving in the Marines. A fellow Marine, use the word loosely, called me a N-word. I don't used the word. This guy I may one day be in a foxhole with, just told me I was a lesser man than he. Didn't matter if it was spelled with a ga or ger, he wore an ass whooping that day. Words do hurt and words do matter. If Schrader said what is alleged, he deserved. I hate the outcome. Both may have to deal with the consequences of the day. Schrader if he said how will current or future teammates, if he transfer, treat him. Gay how will future NFL GMs look at his antics , on the field and off.

I'm guessing the rumor of racial slurs was started by some State fan to justify Gay hitting Shrader. In hopes that Gay plays, and the fan base gives Gay and Moorhead a "pass".

As was said in another thread, there are many reasons that cause me to doubt Shrader said that. It doesn't add up. It's more likely a convenient excuse for Gays actions.

msstate7
12-26-2019, 08:04 AM
I am not blaming either one right now why because I don't know all the facts. One thing that nobody is looking at is why Gay isn't suspended for breaking a bone in a teammate. I think that means that Schrader was just as much to blame as Gay. Also it could of been just one lucky punch that broke the bone not like Gay had him pinned down whooping him like a good ole Ralphie beat down Christmas Story type. Yes I am pissed about how Gay has been this year and it needs to be addressed but I don't want him gone because of it yet.

If the rumor of the ark suspension for shrader is true, send him and gay on their way. It's time for the coaches to take control, and getting rid of 2 of your better players for BS would show players the coaches are taking charge. Again, if shrader was suspended for ark game for fighting.

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 08:04 AM

I'm putting the majority of the blame on the guy that punched someone in the face and broke an orbital bone. Regardless of what Shrader did or didn't do, thats unacceptable behavior. Without that punch, this is a non-story. So yeah, I'm blaming the majority of this on Willie. To no do so would be in someway saying that breaking people's faces is somehow ok.

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 08:06 AM
If the rumor of the ark suspension for shrader is true, send him and gay on their way. It's time for the coaches to take control, and getting rid of 2 of your better players for BS would show players the coaches are taking charge. Again, if shrader was suspended for ark game for fighting.

I'd be more for both players having a come to Jesus moment and growing up.

Maroonthirteen
Everyone is assuming Gay is playing because there has been no news. Moorhead isn't going to come out and say Gay is suspended. It will be game time before anyone knows.

msstate7
I'm putting the majority of the blame on the guy that punched someone in the face and broke an orbital bone. Regardless of what Shrader did or didn't do, thats unacceptable behavior. Without that punch, this is a non-story. So yeah, I'm blaming the majority of this on Willie. To no do so would be in someway saying that breaking people's faces is somehow ok.

And what if shrader threw the first punch?

Churchill
12-26-2019, 08:13 AM

If he was my son and wanted to pursue football as a career, I would be getting his ass out of this clusterf*** so fast it would make your head spin.

Edited to add: if anyone has some reasons he (or any other kid with a big upside) should stay...fire away

hacker
12-26-2019, 08:15 AM

��

BogeyGolfer
12-26-2019, 08:18 AM

that wanted Joe back enjoy this shit-show... Regardless if Shrader misses the bowl game...Look, there is a lot bigger problem going on here than a fight after practice. It's the small things that lead to bigger issues and most of us realize this and wanted a change. The lack of effort, unpreparedness, pre-snap penalties and many other issues that we all witnessed is a culmination of poor leadership. A coach/leader must gain the respect install discipline and prepare a team to compete and maintain composure. This "fight" to me is an example of players not respecting the coach, the team, and even themselves...Especially if this happened after practice on the field. I understand that fights break out during practice that is a part of the game but not afterwards, this is a reflection of a bigger issue. I I will say this once again, the small things that a coach or leader doesn't do or instill will show itself in many ways and this is what we are witnessing...Good luck in 2020!

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 08:18 AM
And what if shrader threw the first punch?

I have not heard that.

If true, that would be interesting

hacker
12-26-2019, 08:20 AM
Love the first reply to that tweet too.

"But I was told he was basically on life support and Willie Gay had murdered him dead."

msstate7
12-26-2019, 08:27 AM

��

Interesting. Did Paul really say shrader was out?

hacker
12-26-2019, 08:28 AM
So jwells posts some bullshit breaking news again. What else is new?

msstate7
12-26-2019, 08:29 AM
I have not heard that.

Oh I'm not saying he did. I thought all we knew is they were in a fight.

msstate7
12-26-2019, 08:30 AM
So jwells posts some bullshit breaking news again. What else is new?

Todd said right below the OP that Paul confirmed. Is this true?

Dawg2003
12-26-2019, 08:45 AM
Yes, Paul said Shrader won't play.

hacker
12-26-2019, 08:50 AM

Ok, back to meltdown mode. Carry on.

Cowbell
12-26-2019, 08:52 AM

Ok, back to meltdown mode. Carry on.

Him coming out to save face tells you all you need to know. Poor journalism.

MarketingBully
12-26-2019, 08:54 AM

What was the rumor? I think we should drop Gay simply because he has had chance after chance including surviving freaking Academic fraud on top of that. Time to cut bait and get rid of Gay. Why the hell would you punch someone in the face after the whole incident was already over to begin with? Who does that shit?

Dawgfan77
12-26-2019, 08:57 AM
I have told y?all earlier this is just one in a lineage of transgressions that have happened under SloMo watch. More will come out that will not paint joevester in positive light. When UL blows us out don?t discount some rumors hitting the street.
Things are bad people

MarketingBully
12-26-2019, 08:57 AM
I have not heard that.

Sounds to me like Gay started it when he took a cheap shot on our QB after a play was over in practice to begin with.

Lord McBuckethead
12-26-2019, 08:58 AM

When you are a baller, other players gravitate to you.

MarketingBully
12-26-2019, 09:00 AM
I have told y?all earlier this is just one in a lineage of transgressions that have happened under SloMo watch. More will come out that will not paint joevester in positive light. When UL blows us out don?t discount some rumors hitting the street.
Things are bad people

This is what happens when you don’t pay attention to the little things and run an undisciplined program. JoMo might be a good OC but as you can see by the continued success Franklin is having at PSU Franklin is a hellofa head coach.

msstate7
12-26-2019, 09:02 AM
What was the rumor? I think we should drop Gay simply because he has had chance after chance including surviving freaking Academic fraud on top of that. Time to cut bait and get rid of Gay. Why the hell would you punch someone in the face after the whole incident was already over to begin with? Who does that shit?

Rumor I read on SPS was shrader was suspended for ark game bc of fighting. I have no idea if true

bully14
12-26-2019, 09:02 AM
But Logan Lowry quotes Moorhead in today?s daily journal that Scrader will start with Stevens as backup. Says he has earned it.

chef dixon
12-26-2019, 09:04 AM
I just find it hilarious that Plastic Man has somehow again found a chance to get on the field for the last time.

Dawgology
12-26-2019, 09:13 AM
Things are bad people

This. I've been holding my tongue but I don't know how much longer I can. Its pitiful. Cohen should be held accountable to. We have some supremely dumbass boosters if they really support this type of coaching.

Rex54
12-26-2019, 09:25 AM
We have some supremely dumbass boosters

All that needs to be said

BankerDog
12-26-2019, 09:29 AM
There is enough blame for both. Shrader was suspended twice in the preseason for missing team meetings. Was suspended i know of at least once this season for missing class and being late to practice for practice. It is bad when you are a SEC starting QB and the head coach has to fly your parents in for a sit down conversation during the season to see if this is what you wanna do. There are other rumors too, but I will not get into those at all.

Also, let?s not act like Dak never sent a poor kid to the hospital over Pita Pit one night when he broke that kid?s jaw. You guys saying this stuff did not happen under Mullen have no idea. It just never got out and why this got out is an even bigger problem.

MedDawg
12-26-2019, 09:33 AM
There is enough blame for both. Shrader was suspended twice in the preseason for missing team meetings. Was suspended i know of at least once this season for missing class and being late to practice for practice. It is bad when you are a SEC starting QB and the head coach has to fly your parents in for a sit down conversation during the season to see if this is what you wanna do. There are other rumors too, but I will not get into those at all.

Also, let?s not act like Dak never sent a poor kid to the hospital over Pita Pit one night when he broke that kid?s jaw.

Amd didn't Fitz get into a fight at a frat house?

It's like a QB tradition at State. OM, too--Bo Wallace, Chad Kelly, and Matt Corral.

KOdawg1
12-26-2019, 09:38 AM
There was no racial slur. Stop making shit up

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 09:55 AM

Ok, believe what you will.

Rex54
12-26-2019, 09:55 AM

Jussie Smollett is the norm in society now. See: Garrett, Myles.

KOdawg1
12-26-2019, 10:03 AM
Ok, believe what you will.
I'll believe what I know.

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 10:06 AM
Jussie Smollett is the norm in society now. See: Garrett, Myles.

Wow. This is where you're trying to take this?

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 10:07 AM

I trust the players words.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2019, 10:10 AM
Don't put all the blame on Willie just bc he hits hard. Shrader is just as much to blame even though he took the worst of it.

confucius say
12-26-2019, 10:12 AM

The players that have told you the N word was used, did they tell you they heard the N word too or just that willie/others told them GS used the N word?

Important distinction bc if the racial slur stuff is true GS has to go. Will never command the locker room. If the racial slur stuff is not true, some people should be very ashamed of spreading a rumor that can ruin a persons life.

TrapGame
12-26-2019, 10:13 AM
My level of apathy refuses to let me give a shit.

If Louisville beats the shit outta us Joe needs to be fired. Napier's sitting at home enjoying his Christmas stocking goodies.

Doggie_Style
12-26-2019, 10:15 AM

If this is where we are heading with this then Jovester might as well be fired today and we can just start over

StoneDawg
12-26-2019, 10:22 AM

No one on this board knows if he used the word. Y?all are taking a little bit of information and running with it. Everyone looked like an idiot after the egg bowl. Did no one learn their lesson.

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 10:27 AM
If this is where we are heading with this then Jovester might as well be fired today and we can just start over

Truthfully, you can't blame a coach for this sort of action from a player. However, discipline is the name of the game. Both players should have the same consequences.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2019, 10:28 AM
No one on this board knows if he used the word. Y?all are taking a little bit of information and running with it. Everyone looked like an idiot after the egg bowl. Did no one learn their lesson.

He was gone. Even Moorhead thought he was gone. That's why he acted like an ass in the press conference.

chef dixon
12-26-2019, 10:32 AM
Start Will Rogers

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2019, 10:33 AM
Start Will Rogers

Not eligible

Jack Lambert
12-26-2019, 10:35 AM
The Clarion Liar will write anything they can to be negative about State. This is one that they are trying to be negative but according to this and this is today's paper and the date on the article is dated today there is no mention of Sharder being out. In fact it says he is playing and starting. Click on it if you want or not but I suspect if all the BS source you all use are correct the Clarion liar would be saying it. '

I just think some of you hate Moorhead so much you are blinded and will use anything you can to bash the guy. If it is getting old.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2019/12/26/reliving-mississippi-state-quarterback-craziness-ahead-music-city-bowl-garrett-shrader-joe-moorhead/2699345001/

HoopsDawg
12-26-2019, 10:42 AM
The Clarion Liar will write anything they can to be negative about State. This is one that they are trying to be negative but according to this and this is today's paper and the date on the article is dated today there is no mention of Sharder being out. In fact it says he is playing and starting. Click on it if you want or not but I suspect if all the BS source you all use are correct the Clarion liar would be saying it. '

I just think some of you hate Moorhead so much you are blinded and will use anything you can to bash the guy. If it is getting old.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2019/12/26/reliving-mississippi-state-quarterback-craziness-ahead-music-city-bowl-garrett-shrader-joe-moorhead/2699345001/

Damn bud, it's going to be hard for Shrader to start when he's not even in Nashville, lol.

StoneDawg
12-26-2019, 10:45 AM

Which is nothing.

sonof34
12-26-2019, 10:51 AM

Yes the program is in such disarray so many problems with this team...wait until they say who got arrested last night and who pissed hot and will be suspended for the game

Jack Lambert
12-26-2019, 11:02 AM
Damn bud, it's going to be hard for Shrader to start when he's not even in Nashville, lol.

I don't know where he is and I don't know if he is going to play or not. I have learn not to believe anything until it happens or not happens. Either way we will be alright. Hill is going to be our weapon and has been our weapon all season. Hell line him up in the Wild Cat say stop him.

Goldendawg
12-26-2019, 11:30 AM
Very long free read about the situation now on 24/7. SloMo to have a press conference today after practice. Can't wait to hear his spin and excuses. Pound sand, kick rocks, His University, His school, His team. Put on maroon colored glasses and fall in line. More trumpet players needed on the Titanic for 2020. Hail State!

lefty96
12-26-2019, 11:31 AM
Very long free read about the situation now on 24/7. SloMo to have a press conference today after practice. Can't wait to hear his spin and excuses. Pound sand, kick rocks, His University, His school, His team. Put on maroon colored glasses and fall in line. More trumpet players needed on the Titanic for 2020. Hail State!

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-will-put-senior-Tommy-Stevens-under-center-against-Louisville-141087507/

Jack Lambert
12-26-2019, 11:36 AM
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-will-put-senior-Tommy-Stevens-under-center-against-Louisville-141087507/

Does that mean KT is the back up?

lefty96
12-26-2019, 11:36 AM
Does that mean KT is the back up?

I actually just got a text to start driving East. It might be me.

Jack Lambert
12-26-2019, 11:38 AM
I actually just got a text to start driving East. It might be me.

Like I said Hill is the man. I think I could hand it off. Other then that we are up deep shit if I am on the field. However I am in pretty good shape. I have good size and probably as strong or stronger them many of the guys on the team now. I am old but give me three minutes on the defensive side of the ball. I will be an all american for those three minutes. Then I would be carried off the field. Not as a hero by the other players but by the golf cart.

BeardoMSU
12-26-2019, 11:41 AM
Like I said Hill is the man. I think I could hand it off. Other then that we are up deep shit if I am on the field. However I am in pretty good shape. I have good size and probably as strong or stronger them many of the guys on the team now. I am old but give me three minutes on the defensive side of the ball. I will be an all american for those three minutes. Then I would be carried off the field. Not as a hero on by the other players but by the golf cart.

Joe will have Tommy slinging it all over the field to improve his draft stock. Borderline 1st rounder.**

msstate7
12-26-2019, 11:42 AM
So if gay is suspended, we're missing gay, dantzler, and cole?

Jack Lambert
12-26-2019, 11:42 AM
Joe will have Tommy slinging it all over the field to improve his draft stock. Borderline 1st rounder.**

There is truth there but I do think Moorhead knows he has to win and will probably do what he has to for the win.

lefty96
12-26-2019, 11:43 AM

Article didn't say Gay was suspended. . . not that that means anything

bluelightstar
12-26-2019, 11:43 AM

It’s being reported that no suspensions are expected..

BeardoMSU
12-26-2019, 11:44 AM

Well, in the other thread, guys are dick measuring about how they're 300+ lb tough SOBs, so maybe they can strap up and play...

Jack Lambert
12-26-2019, 11:46 AM
Article didn't say Gay was suspended. . . not that that means anything

I be surprise if anyone got suspended for a fight. Hell that is probably pretty common on every team.

msstate7
12-26-2019, 11:53 AM
It’s being reported that no suspensions are expected..

Wow, if true, I think that maybe means shrader had it coming. Maybe?

confucius say
12-26-2019, 11:55 AM
Yes the program is in such disarray so many problems with this team...wait until they say who got arrested last night and who pissed hot and will be suspended for the game

Go on...

KOdawg1
Which is nothing.
Okay

Jack Lambert

It's amazing in a locker room or sport event involving players it is okay but in the stands involving fans they go to jail.

HancockCountyDog
12-26-2019, 11:56 AM
I be surprise if anyone got suspended for a fight. Hell that is probably pretty common on every team.

I'll hang up and listen when you point me to a story where a starting QB had his face broken and ruled out of a game because his defensive teammate beat the shit out of him;

Guys - this is a disaster, Im just glad its the holidays and no one is picking up this story because what some people are saying would be a bad look for the program.

Also - I believe that Cohen could have another bite at the apple here.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-26-2019, 11:58 AM
This team is full of nothing but headcases. From Guidry, to Gay, and even Hill in some regards.

lefty96
12-26-2019, 11:59 AM

Pretty sure he wears dentures at this point.

KOdawg1
12-26-2019, 12:02 PM
This team is full of nothing but headcases. From Guidry, to Gay, and even Hill in some regards.

Shrader is one of those head cases too. He's a hot head, he has a mouth, and he's just not very bright. But he didn't use a racial slur. That's coming from a parent of a player as well as a staff member who was there.

Jack Lambert
12-26-2019, 12:03 PM
I'll hang up and listen when you point me to a story where a starting QB had his face broken and ruled out of a game because his defensive teammate beat the shit out of him;

Guys - this is a disaster, Im just glad its the holidays and no one is picking up this story because what some people are saying would be a bad look for the program.

I all I know is what I hear on this board. I take it with a grain of salt. Until it happens or not happens it didn't happen or maybe it did happen. Just saying.

Churchill
12-26-2019, 12:04 PM

You left out Shrader

RezDog7
12-26-2019, 12:08 PM

What is the Ark suspension rumor? Never mind

FISHDAWG
12-26-2019, 12:25 PM

THIS !!!! Sounds like a lot of yall have never been in a locker room or on a football team before - this isn't that uncommon

Quaoarsking
12-26-2019, 12:26 PM
So the "racial slur" rumor was just made up on this board and a lot of people ran with it? Brilliant guys, giving our own QB a potentially lifelong reputation as a racist.

I mean, if it were true, don't you think we'd be hearing something about it from the players on social media somewhere?

yjnkdawg
12-26-2019, 12:41 PM
So the "racial slur" rumor was just made up on this board and a lot of people ran with it? Brilliant guys, giving our own QB a potentially lifelong reputation as a racist.

I mean, if it were true, don't you think we'd be hearing something about it from the players on social media somewhere?

If it were true the local and national media would be running with it. Some of the unverifiable crap posted on here that is detrimental to our players and football program is unreal. That's not to say that we don't have a coaching issue. We do.

ImissCityBagel
12-26-2019, 12:52 PM

You write at the fourth grade level.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-26-2019, 01:00 PM

Words do hurt but they are transitory and the hurt is controllable by your own intellect but sticks and stones can leave physical marks/pain which is not controllable by you. I'm sure Schrader would have preferred the word version not the physical.

HancockCountyDog
12-26-2019, 01:04 PM
THIS !!!! Sounds like a lot of yall have never been in a locker room or on a football team before - this isn't that uncommon

I'm still waiting for someone to show me articles of where a defensive leader knocks out the starting QB and making him unavailable to play before a bowl game.

Maybe it happens all the time, but I swear this is the first time I've seen it happen.

The last time I heard of it was Michael Westbrook beating the shit out of Stephen Davis on the Redskins like 25 years ago.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-26-2019, 01:04 PM
You left out Shrader

I probably left out several people from this team. What has Shrader done publicly to show he is a headcase?

RiverCityDawg
12-26-2019, 01:06 PM

Maybe so. Then again, I'm not sure I trust Joe to dish out proper discipline. People pleasers aren't usually good disciplinarians.

OLJWales
12-26-2019, 01:56 PM
Shrader is one of those head cases too. He's a hot head, he has a mouth, and he's just not very bright. But he didn't use a racial slur. That's coming from a parent of a player as well as a staff member who was there.

Sad how folks jump to conclusions. White guy gets his face crashed in by a black guy then that excuse is an automatic.

Rex54
12-26-2019, 02:01 PM

Bulldawg28 needs to be banned

parabrave
12-26-2019, 02:05 PM

Wouldn't be the 1st time that happened here. Just remember if a slur was used then that offending party would not be a student right now much less still on the team.

KOdawg1
12-26-2019, 02:07 PM
Wouldn't be the 1st time that happened here. Just remember if a slur was used then that offending party would not be a student right now much less still on the team.

This. Also considering 90% of the team is black, Shrader would've had to deal with a lot more than Willie Gay. Like I said, Garrett is stupid, but he's not that stupid.

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 02:29 PM
If it were true the local and national media would be running with it. Some of the unverifiable crap posted on here that is detrimental to our players and football program is unreal. That's not to say that we don't have a coaching issue. We do.

You have no clue what happens within the athletic confines and would be amazed.

Goldendawg
12-26-2019, 02:46 PM
Hey, it's the fault of almost every Elitedawg on this board for demanding more physical practices. They should have been at an indoor water park!**** Hail State!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Bulldawg28 needs to be banned

Is that who started the racist comment rumor? If so and it's untrue, I hope the Shraders pursue legal action. This dude is bitter at JoMo or Shrader or both.

Jack Lambert
12-26-2019, 03:30 PM
Hey, it's the fault of almost every Elitedawg on this board for demanding more physical practices. They should have been at an indoor water park!**** Hail State!

Every practice should start with Oklahoma Drill and everyone must participate.

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 03:47 PM
Is that who started the racist comment rumor? If so and it's untrue, I hope the Shraders pursue legal action. This dude is bitter at JoMo or Shrader or both.

I never started anything. Maybe you two should go read the entire thread before jumping into the middle of a situation and giving your two cents. As a former player and active contributor to the university maybe I should file. I've earned my right to have an opinion about the state of the program. I've also got nothing against the kid or the coach. I stand for what's right. Both players deserve punishment.

timotheus
12-26-2019, 06:06 PM
What punishment do u suggest for each player? Be sure and include the proper charge in each separate punishment.

Coursesuper
12-26-2019, 06:10 PM

No shit!

Quaoarsking
12-26-2019, 07:05 PM
This. Also considering 90% of the team is black, Shrader would've had to deal with a lot more than Willie Gay. Like I said, Garrett is stupid, but he's not that stupid.

And presumably he would have had to deal with the other 10% too, since I don't think any of our white players would be putting up with racial slurs being slung around.

Some of our players are starting to discuss the incident on social media. If a racial slur were involved, someone would be say so. Instead, they're just saying that GS started it.

vv83
12-26-2019, 07:11 PM
I never started anything. Maybe you two should go read the entire thread before jumping into the middle of a situation and giving your two cents. As a former player and active contributor to the university maybe I should file. I've earned my right to have an opinion about the state of the program. I've also got nothing against the kid or the coach. I stand for what's right. Both players deserve punishment.

But you did. I just read every thread and you were the first to insinuate racial slurs being used. Then you doubled down about how much you know

Coach34
12-26-2019, 07:23 PM

The racial slur didnt happen. With the fight being in the dressing room around all the guys- Shrader would have gotten the ever-loving piss beat out of him if it happened. Willie wouldnt have been the only one on that ass- and the other guys would have let him learn that lesson. Shrader would have needed the kickers to help him- and they wouldnt have done shit.

Shrader ran his mouth and Willie dotted that eye to shut him up like he should have. Shrader needs to stop being late, watch more film, and learn to party more in the offseason rather than in-season. If Shrader had thrown out the N-word- he would be working on a transfer right now to somewhere in Utah or Wyoming.

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 07:29 PM
But you did. I just read every thread and you were the first to insinuate racial slurs being used. Then you doubled down about how much you know

There are 3 threads with the same topic. I was not the 1st to bring it up.

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 07:34 PM
The racial slur didnt happen. With the fight being in the dressing room around all the guys- Shrader would have gotten the ever-loving piss beat out of him if it happened. Willie wouldnt have been the only one on that ass- and the other guys would have let him learn that lesson. Shrader would have needed the kickers to help him- and they wouldnt have done shit.

Shrader ran his mouth and Willie dotted that eye to shut him up like he should have. Shrader needs to stop being late, watch more film, and learn to party more in the offseason rather than in-season. If Shrader had thrown out the N-word- he would be working on a transfer right now to somewhere in Utah or Wyoming.

The football team isn't a gang that all members fight because one is/did. You have your information I have mine. The situation is over I regards to this year. We'll see how it unfolds.

Coach34
12-26-2019, 07:40 PM
The football team isn't a gang that all members fight because one is/did. You have your information I have mine. The situation is over I regards to this year. We'll see how it unfolds.

We've both been in numerous locker rooms. Tommy Champion and Greg Eiland arent going to jump right in to protect Shrader if they stood there and heard him call Willie the word. You know that. And some other guys would have gotten pissed and likely jumped in. Shrader wouldnt be able to walk in that huddle anymore after that- you know this.

Shrader was being an idiot and Willie handled it. It happens

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 08:29 PM
We've both been in numerous locker rooms. Tommy Champion and Greg Eiland arent going to jump right in to protect Shrader if they stood there and heard him call Willie the word. You know that. And some other guys would have gotten pissed and likely jumped in. Shrader wouldnt be able to walk in that huddle anymore after that- you know this.

Shrader was being an idiot and Willie handled it. It happens

I support the coaches decision and the university. On to the game.

HoopsDawg
12-26-2019, 08:41 PM

By the way, your info was 100% incorrect.

Rex54
12-26-2019, 08:51 PM

Exactly. Ban that mother17er

Coach34
12-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Exactly. Ban that mother17er

No. Thats ridiculous. He just jumped at today's tendency to jump quickly at the 1st mention of racism. All too often it ends up being BS.

TUSK
12-26-2019, 10:08 PM
No. Thats ridiculous. He just jumped at today's tendency to jump quickly at the 1st mention of racism. All too often it ends up being BS.

This is correct...

Hell, I just wonder how long we have to wait for a false "hate crime" to be classified as what it really is... a "hate crime".... Not that I believe in such a thing....

Oh, and I'm "in"....

DeputyDawg94
12-26-2019, 11:15 PM
This is correct...

Hell, I just wonder how long we have to wait for a false "hate crime" to be classified as what it really is... a "hate crime".... Not that I believe in such a thing....

Oh, and I'm "in"....
A false report of a sexual assault or hate crime should carry automatic jail time if proven to be in fact false. Both are way too serious to cry wolf about. Each false report diminishes the real thing and makes it harder for us to distinguish Between real and fake. There?s a black mark on the innocent persons life that no matter what happens can?t be totally removed.