PDA

View Full Version : Warning for Rakin county.

Jack Lambert
12-25-2019, 01:17 PM
Thieves are breaking into cars. I live in Cannon Ridge and it got hit last night. My car got broken into. I had nothing of value in it. I think I heard on the police radio that 58 cars got broken into last night. Lock you cars this is not the first area to get hit.

BeastMan
12-25-2019, 01:19 PM
I lock my truck in my garage. I’m taking no chances. I heard about the Brandon break-ins and they said it was unlocked cars. They weren’t actually breaking in to locked cars. Is that accurate?

Jack Lambert
12-25-2019, 01:22 PM
I lock my truck in my garage. I’m taking no chances. I heard about the Brandon break-ins and they said it was unlocked cars. They weren’t actually breaking in to locked cars. Is that accurate?

Only unlocked cars. Ironically the only reason my car was unlocked was because my son left his 22 riffle in the trunk and I went out to get it. I forgot to lock my car.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 01:33 PM
These are examples as to why we should consider implementing Singapore's law and cane the vagrants.

bobcat91
12-25-2019, 01:43 PM
Actually just shoot them if you catch them. That stops the nonsense

AlSwearengen
12-25-2019, 02:43 PM
In one night about a month ago, there were 15 handguns (among other things) taken out of unlocked cars in Canebrake (hattiesburg). This number was quoted by a sheriffs dept. investigator. This is in a neighborhood with more crime than the south side of Chicago.

I can’t believe that many people would leave handguns in unlocked cars. That is what he reported though.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 02:48 PM
In one night about a month ago, there were 15 handguns (among other things) taken out of unlocked cars in Canebrake (hattiesburg). This number was quoted by a sheriffs dept. investigator. This is in a neighborhood with more crime than the south side of Chicago.

I can’t believe that many people would leave handguns in unlocked cars. That is what he reported though.

who the hell is stupid enough to leave their car unlocked?

TaleofTwoDogs
12-25-2019, 05:50 PM
And I bet most of them were parked on the street. Just to much trouble to put the car in the driveway or garage.

West Tn Dawg
12-25-2019, 10:08 PM
That's why I like it here. I still leave my F250 unlocked and the keys in it. I know, I shouldn't do it and I have been trying to break the habit. We've never had any problems in the 35 years I have been here. Fortunate!

Edited to add.........I don't leave no damn guns in my truck!

BhamDawg205
12-26-2019, 01:35 AM
I'm in Bham... Vestavia and Hoover got hit like that a couple of years ago. There were people reporting ARs being stolen from unlocked cars.

AlSwearengen
12-26-2019, 10:53 AM
I'm in Bham... Vestavia and Hoover got hit like that a couple of years ago. There were people reporting ARs being stolen from unlocked cars.

People like that lend some credence to the gun grabber’s arguments. They might be too stupid to own a gun.

Jack Lambert
12-26-2019, 11:05 AM

If I wasn't an honest person I would make a huge claim against my insurance company.

OLJWales
12-26-2019, 06:41 PM
People like that lend some credence to the gun grabber’s arguments. They might be too stupid to own a gun.

LOL Al, as a pro 2A guy, I laughed. And there's iron in your words.

RocketDawg
12-26-2019, 08:06 PM

Might?

BhamDawg205
12-26-2019, 10:44 PM

Yep there probably the same one's that just leave laying around the house... I grew up with guns tucked in a closet, a wall mounted gun rack ( the old wooden hook kind) and a shotgun in the truck window. But this day in age criminals breaking in vehicles and kids shooting up places. We have to be Moore responsible. Teaching and securing them properly.